PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

jhanic
06-10-2008, 07:35 AM
That fourth edition of the Market Guide for Young Writers (with King's "Hotel at the End of the Road") is up for a rather unique auction:

A long-time Cemetery Dance customer from the local area fell on hard times
and he asked us if we could help him sell some of his collection. We listed
some very successful auctions on eBay for him, but he recently discovered
that he had another copy of one of the most popular items we offered on his
behalf (it sold for over $500!) and he wanted to know if we could try
selling this copy, too. Instead of going the eBay route this time, we're
just going to offer this book in a different way, so we can try to sell it a
little quicker for him! Read on for details!

Market Guide for Young Writers:
Featuring a LONG LOST and VERY RARE
STEPHEN KING SHORT STORY!!!

"The Hotel At The End Of The Road"

*** One Copy For Sale! ***

The Market Guide For Young Writers is a trade paperback book from the 1990s
that was written for school libraries and English classrooms, especially
those that have Young Authors programs. It was to be used in creative
writing classes for children who aspire to be writers.

Included in the book is also an EXTREMELY RARE short story that Stephen King
wrote as a teenager!

The story is called "The Hotel At The End of the Road" and King says in his
introduction: "This has been very painful for me but I managed to dig up the
rotting body of one of the stories written as a teen of about thirteen. I
think your readers will see what a what a really dreadful story it is, but I
think they will also see maybe the first sprouts of what has become the
world's bestselling Venus flytrap."

This is a unique chance to see the early ideas of King's work and how he
would eventually develop into the master of horror.

This is a great book for a young writer, even if the specific market
information is out of date, and this is a MUST HAVE item for Stephen King
collectors! How many of you have read the oldest story of King's that has
ever appeared in print, after all? The covers, spine, and edges of the pages
show a little wear from the age of the book, but there is no highlighting or
anything like that inside the covers, and all in all, most people would
consider this to be in good shape. This is a GREAT addition to any Stephen
King fans collection, so don't miss your chance to own it!

This book comes from a SMOKE FREE home. We will be packing and shipping it
from the Cemetery Dance warehouse in Forest Hill, Maryland.

Images of the book and the beginning of King's story:
http://www.cemeterydance.com/ebay/customer/06A.jpg
http://www.cemeterydance.com/ebay/customer/06B.jpg

HOW TO BID:
We're going to auction off this copy via a private email auction on behalf
of our customer. To bid, all you have to do is email your BEST OFFER to
webmaster@cemeterydance.com with the subject line "Stephen King Auction Best
Offer".

We'll reply and confirm we received your email and you will be notified if
you're the high bidder. If you're not the high bidder, you will be told the
current high bid and you can bid again if you like.

At 6 PM EST on Thursday, June 12, 2008, we'll email the winner!

Because of the way email works, you probably should just email your best
offer as soon as you decide what this item is worth to you and not risk
trying to bid at the last second. We're not responsible for emails that
don't arrive in time or that we never receive, etc. We can accept PayPal or
credit cards for this item. No coupons or store credit or any kind can be
used toward the purchase. If you have any questions, just email
webmaster@cemeterydance.com for more information!

As always, thanks again for your continuing support!
----------------------------------------
Some very cool Stephen King news is coming soon -- keep watching your inbox
for details!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
http://www.stephenkingnews.com

John

Fsmdr
06-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks, Bev!.

Ari_Racing
06-10-2008, 08:08 AM
:S
Thanks John maybe? :D

Matt
06-10-2008, 08:17 AM
I think he was thanking Bev for the information on the previous page. :cool:

Ari_Racing
06-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Oh. :P. I was in the moon then :D

3rd printing....but in pristine condition:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190227194173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

super sam
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
An auction for 3 DT comics issues of Jae Lee variants, to a great price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200231026057&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

herbertwest
06-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Does anyone ever heard about this?

The Sandman Vol. 8: Worlds' End
apparently a comic with foreward by Steve...

wizardsrainbow
06-13-2008, 04:36 AM
I just got my heart rate up for no reason :doh:

I saw an auction on eBay UK for a signed 1st trade edition of Song of Susannah (the only signed trade edition I am missing in my collection), but:

1) The auction seller is rareandsigned
2) The signature is on a laid in index card

The search continues....:cry:

Ari_Racing
06-13-2008, 05:10 AM
:(

But isn't exciting the search of the desired item? ;)

carlosdetweiller
06-13-2008, 05:27 AM

The Sandman Vol. 8: Worlds' End (http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Vol-Worlds-End/dp/1563891719)

Published in 1994. You should be able to find a hardcover first edition for not too much more money. Here is one:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1082770869&searchurl=bi%3D0%26bx%3Doff%26ds%3D30%26sortby%3D2 %26sts%3Dt%26tn%3Dsandman%2Bworld%2527s%2Bend%26x% 3D0%26y%3D0

wizardsrainbow
06-13-2008, 06:24 AM
Yes Ari, I do love the chase. Better that it is books and not women as far as my wife is concerned!

carlosdetweiller
06-13-2008, 08:15 AM
I was surprised to see this proof sell at this price, especially for the condition of the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270243889737&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
I was surprised to see this proof sell at this price, especially for the condition of the book.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270243889737&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

Only one bidder.

Ari_Racing
06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
LOL. :)

Actually you have to tell your wife that woman chase you and that in order to avoid paying too much attention to them, you really have to focus on books.

I do that with my girlfriend :D

jhanic
06-13-2008, 11:46 AM

I only paid about $400 for mine about three years ago and it's in better condition that this one.

John

carlosdetweiller
06-13-2008, 07:37 PM

Only one bidder.

Yes, just the one. IMO, the seller was starting with his dream selling price and would more than likely have relisted at a lower price if no one bid. I guess I'm just surprised that someone took the bait. It's a scarce proof but not that scarce.

herbertwest
06-14-2008, 10:04 AM
LOL. :)

Actually you have to tell your wife that woman chase you and that in order to avoid paying too much attention to them, you really have to focus on books.

I do that with my girlfriend :D

clever :evil:

Sam
06-14-2008, 05:24 PM

I saw an auction on eBay UK for a signed 1st trade edition of Song of Susannah (the only signed trade edition I am missing in my collection), but:

And why is rareandsigned a bad seller? I probably have seen their auctions, but just don't remember. I'm picky about what I bid on anyway and rarely bid these days because gasoline is almost as expensive as a S/L.

carlosdetweiller
06-15-2008, 05:53 AM
These are really hard to find:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170227277408&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

The first separate HC appearance of the story. Supposedly "only" 1000 were done. Most went to libraries. I'm not sure what an ex-lib copy should sell for but a copy that is NOT ex-lib would probably bring a few hundred dollars. Really a tough book to find in collectible condition.

herbertwest
06-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Not an auction...
but does anyone knows the german (limited) ed ot Rage, "angst"?
by Phantasia, apparently 300 copies...

the cover doesnt seem really... related to the story...

http://www.stephen-king.de/kingcovr/limited/Angst.jpg
http://www.stephen-king.de/kingcovr/limited/Angst2.jpg

maybe illustrated?
Carlos?

wizardsrainbow
06-16-2008, 04:01 AM

And why is rareandsigned a bad seller? I probably have seen their auctions, but just don't remember. I'm picky about what I bid on anyway and rarely bid these days because gasoline is almost as expensive as a S/L.

I personally have not had dealings with them, but their prices are often super-inflated to the point of being ridiculous. I have no reason to suspect them of forgeries etc, just too pricey. Also, I think "laid in" signatures are basically worthless.

Hutch
06-16-2008, 05:01 AM

I personally have not had dealings with them, but their prices are often super-inflated to the point of being ridiculous. I have no reason to suspect them of forgeries etc, just too pricey. Also, I think "laid in" signatures are basically worthless.

The laid in card is a printed facsimile signature. It's not signed by Stephen King.

The Lady of Shadows
06-16-2008, 05:03 AM
hey, hutch?

what about books that have "signed" labels in them?

herbertwest
06-16-2008, 06:36 AM
but does anyone knows the german (limited) ed ot Rage, "angst"?
by Phantasia, apparently 300 copies...

the cover doesnt seem really... related to the story...

http://www.stephen-king.de/kingcovr/limited/Angst.jpg

to answer myself, according to an ebay listing, it is a phantasia edition of BARES BONES... not RAGE

Brice
06-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Yes, that's right it was done by Edition Phantasia and there were 300 copies.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-16-2008, 07:14 AM
hey, hutch?

what about books that have "signed" labels in them?

Some UK official releases had King signed labels pasted in by the publisher, and others were 'facsimile' signatures.

Facsimile signatures are not worth anything.

The Lady of Shadows
06-16-2008, 07:30 AM
yeah, but until you get the book in hand how can you tell if it's a real sig or a facsimilie sig? and did that only happen for uk editions?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-16-2008, 08:05 AM
yeah, but until you get the book in hand how can you tell if it's a real sig or a facsimilie sig? and did that only happen for uk editions?

The best way is to ask the guys on here before you buy.
Yes, the book plates were UK only.

Cutter
06-16-2008, 09:39 AM
The signed book plates were numbered, the facsimile book plates are not.

The Limited or Gift Editions of Dolores Claiborne, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Insomnia, Bag of Bones (trade edition), Wizard & Glass, Rose Madder, and the Desperation/Regulators set all follow this formula. If you are buying a book with a signed book plate on another UK book, or US book for that matter, assume it’s a facsimile. That is the safest bet.

jhanic
06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
To clarify matters a little more, the Dolores Claiborne, Nightmares and Dreamscapes and Insomnia editions were put out as gift editions and had a facsimile signature. They all came with a matching slipcase that stated the signature was a facsimile. It also stated that there were 2000 copies of each title done.

Bag of Bones (2000 copies), Wizard and Glass (500 copies), Rose Madder (200 copies) Insomnia (250 copies) and the Desperation/Regulators (250 copies) editiions all had signed and numbered bookplates. These signatures were genuine.

John

Cutter
06-16-2008, 10:44 AM
To clarify matters a little more, the Dolores Claiborne, Nightmares and Dreamscapes and Insomnia editions were put out as gift editions and had a facsimile signature. They all came with a matching slipcase that stated the signature was a facsimile. It also stated that there were 2000 copies of each title done.

Bag of Bones (2000 copies), Wizard and Glass (500 copies), Rose Madder (200 copies) Insomnia (250 copies) and the Desperation/Regulators (250 copies) editiions all had signed and numbered bookplates. These signatures were genuine.

John
I have to admit you clarified that about a hundred times better than my attempt, John. lol :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
06-16-2008, 11:44 AM
hmmm. good thing i didn't buy that bag of bones that was on ebay. :nope:

it was a book plate in a us edition. i kept asking the seller what caused the shine and why there was an imprint for a paperback seller on a hardcover book and the seller finally said it was a bookplate.

you guys so rock. :clap:

Sir_Boomme
06-16-2008, 12:20 PM
i wouldn't say the gift editions with the facsimile sigs. "weren't worth anything".
they are still gift editions and worth collecting in my opinion.
just don't buy one thinking that the sig is real... or pay as though the sig was real.

in collecting my limiteds, to be complete, i also collect the facsimiled gift editions (which with only a few hundred to thousand printed, are limited editions in their own rights - they're just not signed limited editions).

Hutch
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
The signed book plates were numbered, the facsimile book plates are not.

The Limited or Gift Editions of Dolores Claiborne, Nightmares and Dreamscapes, Insomnia, Bag of Bones (trade edition), Wizard & Glass, Rose Madder, and the Desperation/Regulators set all follow this formula. If you are buying a book with a signed book plate on another UK book, or US book for that matter, assume it’s a facsimile. That is the safest bet.

I've seen someone trying to sell a UK facsimile plate in one of the gift editions and they added numbering to make it look like the authentically signed plates

Hutch
06-16-2008, 12:37 PM

John

I've also seen the gift editions for sale with the label which identifies it contains a facsimile signature removed ... claiming it was an signed limited edition.

artan
06-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I've seen a S/L Edition and...it was an authentic S/L Edition, but too expensive....:angry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-ZIPPERED-SKELETON-CREW-SIGNED-LTD-RARE_W0QQitemZ180253298051QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:D

Cutter
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
I've seen a S/L Edition and...it was an authentic S/L Edition, but too expensive....:angry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-ZIPPERED-SKELETON-CREW-SIGNED-LTD-RARE_W0QQitemZ180253298051QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

She's listed this about 15 times, you would think with make an offer she could get rid of it.

I wish I had about $30,000 to blow, as she has a ton of great items. Unfortunately all are priced high.

e_taylor
06-17-2008, 06:03 AM

She's listed this about 15 times, you would think with make an offer she could get rid of it.

I wish I had about $30,000 to blow, as she has a ton of great items. Unfortunately all are priced high.
Nah she has the settings for BIN to not even send her an offer unless its ridiculously over priced. I was going after the Regulators, and $1K wasn't enough, which is above market right now...

Cutter
06-17-2008, 12:27 PM

Nah she has the settings for BIN to not even send her an offer unless its ridiculously over priced. I was going after the Regulators, and $1K wasn't enough, which is above market right now...
I think I paid about $850 or $900, I can't remember? about 3 years ago when the market was high. Heck I would think a grand would be very fair in todays market.

herbertwest
06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
apparently the cycle of the werewolf portfolio that she sells have a text from Steve abotu Berni Wrightson.
Berni Wrightson, an appreciation...
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-BERNI-WRIGHTSON-AN-APPRECIATION-Signed-Ltd_W0QQitemZ180253299490QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29223Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

as well as an inscribed review copy of Cujo:
"for Mike, best... and dont let the dog bites" i ve already read that line somewhere... did at the time of the book always inscribed with this line?

Pasiuk57
06-18-2008, 03:28 AM
I have a signed CUJO "TO Mike...and don't let the dog bite!"

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-18-2008, 08:29 AM

She just accepted an offer from me for 33.33% less than the BIN price of one of her books.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-18-2008, 08:29 AM
I have a signed CUJO "TO Mike...and don't let the dog bite!"

Cool inscription Mike.

jhanic
06-18-2008, 08:30 AM
WOW!! That's great! Maybe she's finally realizing what's happened to the King market.

John

Sam
06-18-2008, 03:38 PM
And it sucks too. I purchased a copy of one of his signed limiteds at a low price with the hope of being able to turn it around and making a profit off of it since I am not working a regular job. Alas, once I got the book in hand and looked around I discovered that it was not the price that was low, it was the prices of others I saw that was high. I ended up paying Market for the book.

jhanic
06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
This is a really scarce UK proof. I've heard that only about 24 of these were produced, and most went to UK newspapers. Back when Betts was selling Chris Cavalier's collection, price was $600.

UK Light Blue Hearts in Atlantis proof (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Hearts-In-Atlantis-SCARCE-UK-PROOF_W0QQitemZ270248022629QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

John

carlosdetweiller
06-19-2008, 04:24 PM
This is a really scarce UK proof. I've heard that only about 24 of these were produced, and most went to UK newspapers. Back when Betts was selling Chris Cavalier's collection, price was $600.

UK Light Blue Hearts in Atlantis proof (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Hearts-In-Atlantis-SCARCE-UK-PROOF_W0QQitemZ270248022629QQihZ017QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

John

I'll bet Chris's was in better condition than this one. My records also estimate than only about 25 copies were done in this state. I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. Pretty cool.

Pasiuk57
06-19-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't remember where I got mine, but they are rare!

Hutch
06-19-2008, 07:39 PM

John

I'll bet Chris's was in better condition than this one. My records also estimate than only about 25 copies were done in this state. I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. Pretty cool.

When these first surfaced I had a good source inside of Hodder ( the UK publisher ). I was able to get a couple sent to me. I put one up for a 7 day auction and by the morning of day 3 the bidding had gone to $1600. I became worried the information I presented at auction may not hold true and ended the auction early to sell the current high bidder ( remember DrMindful anyone ). The details I presented is that there were as few as 24 copies printed and were distributed to large newpapers in the UK and that a more polished state of the proof was to be produced for general distribution ( it turned out to be the royal blue with gold foil state ).

As it turned out my story held true. I was able to sell a second copy ( NF ) to my second high bidder ( Chris ). I think Bob J. may have got his copy from me as well after my source was able to recover a copy or two back from the newspapers after they finished with them.

The bottom line is that there are very few Fine copies available and that any copy regardless of condition is a rare and wonderful addition to any collection.

jhanic
06-20-2008, 03:18 AM
I got my copy from sbooks in the UK a few years ago. It's in near fine condition too. I paid quite a bit less than the prices mentioned too, through some negotiations.

John

carlosdetweiller
06-20-2008, 03:49 AM
As it turned out my story held true. I was able to sell a second copy ( NF ) to my second high bidder ( Chris ). I think Bob J. may have got his copy from me as well after my source was able to recover a copy or two back from the newspapers after they finished with them.

I, too, thought I might have gotten my copy from you Dave but according to my records it was from someone named Greg Hurlstone. Probably someone in the UK but I can't remember if it was an eBay deal or a direct sale. I didn't keep nearly as complete details back then as I do now.

I did buy a hardback ARC of the US edition of HEARTS from you with a promotional letter from Steve laid in.

Cutter
06-20-2008, 05:32 AM

John

Too bad this one has been read, and the cover has been bent at one time. If only 25 existed it stinks this is only in Good+ shape.

e_taylor
06-20-2008, 05:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stephen-King-Creepshow-Hardcover-Comic_W0QQitemZ190230585553QQihZ009QQcategoryZ377Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This seems interesting, but wouldn't making a soft cover permabound take away from the value?

Hutch
06-20-2008, 06:57 AM

John

When these first surfaced I had a good source inside of Hodder ( the UK publisher ). I was able to get a couple sent to me. I put one up for a 7 day auction and by the morning of day 3 the bidding had gone to $1600. I became worried the information I presented at auction may not hold true and ended the auction early to sell the current high bidder ( remember DrMindful anyone ). The details I presented is that there were as few as 24 copies printed and were distributed to large newpapers in the UK and that a more polished state of the proof was to be produced for general distribution ( it turned out to be the royal blue with gold foil state ).

The bottom line is that there are very few Fine copies available and that any copy regardless of condition is a rare and wonderful addition to any collection.

I looked through my inventory and see that I have one more left. Would be fine if not for a light cover crease to the upper front corner.http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii232/dhutch57/LtBlueHIA.jpg

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
I looked through my inventory and see that I have one more left. Would be fine if not for a light cover crease to the upper front corner.

I will give you $600 for it. :D

carlosdetweiller
06-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I looked through my inventory and see that I have one more left. Would be fine if not for a light cover crease to the upper front corner.

I seem to recall not so long ago you were claiming that you did not collect proofs. Welcome aboard!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-20-2008, 07:35 AM

I seem to recall not so long ago you were claiming that you did not collect proofs. Welcome aboard!

I don't have any proofs...... yet. If Hutch says yes, that would be my first.

jhanic
06-20-2008, 08:07 AM
I can think of worse ones to start with!

John

wizardsrainbow
06-20-2008, 08:46 AM

:onfire: Nothin' like startin' off with a bang. Sheesh.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-20-2008, 09:40 AM
:onfire: Nothin' like startin' off with a bang. Sheesh.

Relax. Dave, quite rightly, said no. :D

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Common S/L of Desperation with a starting price of $10,000. What a bargain! (OK, it also has a letter signed by King).

Who would pay $10,000 to an ebay seller who signed on yesterday, and has no feedback?

Incidently, the photos are from January 2004. Any mugs takers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/stephen-King-signed-limited-edition_W0QQitemZ280238753831QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lophophoras
06-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Common S/L of Desperation with a starting price of $10,000. What a bargain! (OK, it also has a letter signed by King).

Who would pay $10,000 to an ebay seller who signed on yesterday, and has no feedback?

http://cgi.ebay.com/stephen-King-signed-limited-edition_W0QQitemZ280238753831QQihZ018QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LOL...I saw that also. I think I will pass. ;-)

carlosdetweiller
06-22-2008, 05:05 AM

I wish I could read the "one of a kind demographic sheet" better. It seems to be some sort of a medical history form where you declare known allergies, current meds, etc. I just can't see it well enough to determine exactly what it is or if it is an original or a photocopy. Whatever it is it won't find its way into my collection.

carlosdetweiller
06-22-2008, 02:20 PM
This one might be a pretty good deal for someone looking for a nice copy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cycle-of-the-Werewolf-Stephen-King-hardcover-rare_W0QQitemZ200233719939QQihZ010QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-22-2008, 10:29 PM
This one might be a pretty good deal for someone looking for a nice copy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cycle-of-the-Werewolf-Stephen-King-hardcover-rare_W0QQitemZ200233719939QQihZ010QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mike thought so. :D

Pasiuk57
06-23-2008, 10:56 AM
I needed the dust jacket!!

Sam
06-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Mike, if you just bought it for the dust jacket, is there any chance you'd part with the book without the dust jacket?

Seriously, would you?

herbertwest
06-24-2008, 04:54 AM

The Sandman Vol. 8: Worlds' End (http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Vol-Worlds-End/dp/1563891719)

Published in 1994. You should be able to find a hardcover first edition for not too much more money. Here is one:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1082770869&searchurl=bi%3D0%26bx%3Doff%26ds%3D30%26sortby%3D2 %26sts%3Dt%26tn%3Dsandman%2Bworld%2527s%2Bend%26x% 3D0%26y%3D0

Well, in fact i wont buy it... cause it have been published in France in may..
i saw it by accident, and didnt hear about the french version... lol

Randall Flagg
06-24-2008, 08:16 AM
VERY RARE Stephen King piece - Lisbon High School! (http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-Stephen-King-piece-Lisbon-High-School_W0QQitemZ290240339193QQihZ019QQcategoryZ723 05QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Has a recipe from Steven (Sic) King?

jhanic
06-24-2008, 08:31 AM
It's legitimate. The seller, Rocky Wood, is a good guy!

John

carlosdetweiller
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
VERY RARE Stephen King piece - Lisbon High School! (http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-Stephen-King-piece-Lisbon-High-School_W0QQitemZ290240339193QQihZ019QQcategoryZ723 05QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Rocky has offered this for sale several times. I don't know if it just doesn't get any bidders or if he has multiple copies.

Heck, even I don't collect all the appearances of King's simplistic recipes.

sentinel
06-24-2008, 09:51 AM

Rocky has offered this for sale several times. I don't know if it just doesn't get any bidders or if he has multiple copies.

You can go online and order one directly from Lisbon High School. It's a fund raiser for the senior class I think. Save your shipping dollars from Down Under.

jhanic
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I found the link to the Lisbon High School website, but I can't find any reference to the book.

http://www.union30.org/LHS/

John

Bev Vincent
06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
If you do a site search for the word "recipes," you turn up this 4.6 MB pdf newsletter (http://www.union30.org/LHS/docs/pride/Vol.%203%20Issue%202%20050208.pdf) that has the ordering instructions at the bottom of page 6.

sentinel
06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
It was under the Co-Curriculum banner as "Cookbook Sales" a few months
ago. It may have changed with the end of the school year. I bet they still have some.

jhanic
06-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks, Bev. I'll email her and get the information.

John

jhanic
06-25-2008, 05:40 AM
Here's the answer.

Hi Mr. Hanic,

Cookbooks sell for $10 and can be purchased at Moxie Day (July 12th) or if you want to drop into the high school, I can sell you one too. You may also mail in a check and money for postage and I can mail a cookbook out to you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Patti Mucenski
Class of 2009 Advisor

Address is:

Lisbon High School
Attn: Ms Patti Mucenski
2 Sugg Drive
Lisbon Falls, ME 04252

She didn't indicate how much postage would be.

I'll probably be sending a $12 check tomorrow.

John

Cutter
06-25-2008, 06:03 AM

John
Do they have a proof? ;)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Do they have a proof? ;)

:rofl:

sentinel
06-25-2008, 06:55 AM
Hey John,
Much better than 30+ dollars from Australia!

jhanic
06-25-2008, 06:56 AM

John
Do they have a proof? ;)

Jeez, I forgot to ask!! :doh:

John

EXPLORER
06-25-2008, 06:30 PM

You can go online and order one directly from Lisbon High School. It's a fund raiser for the senior class I think. Save your shipping dollars from Down Under.

THANKS...VERY GOOD ADVICE THANKS FOR SHARING...

wizardsrainbow
06-26-2008, 02:36 AM
I would NEVER EVER buy a book that was signed/inscribed on the dust jacket. It could be signed by God himself, and I wouldn't be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-Misery-Book-HAND-Signed-HORROR-CRIME-rare_W0QQitemZ170232904892QQihZ007QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the sig may not even be legit. I was too turned off to look closely.

carlosdetweiller
06-26-2008, 03:41 AM
I would NEVER EVER buy a book that was signed/inscribed on the dust jacket. It could be signed by God himself, and I wouldn't be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-Misery-Book-HAND-Signed-HORROR-CRIME-rare_W0QQitemZ170232904892QQihZ007QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the sig may not ever be legit. I was too turned off to looked closely.

I think the inscription is legit, but I agree with what you are saying. I have no interest either.

e_taylor
06-26-2008, 05:20 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/STEPHEN-KING-SIGNED-DARK-TOWER-GUNSLINGER-BORN-1_W0QQitemZ120276939565QQihZ002QQcategoryZ35765QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the second of these signed Gunslinger Born dust jackets I've seen with a similar story. Does anyone know if they are legit? Or did the story work for one seller and is now being copied by others?

Pasiuk57
06-26-2008, 05:43 AM
The inscription looks good
how about the STEPHEN?

idlewarnings
06-26-2008, 05:47 AM
That Misery inscription looks fake to me. Also, why would he sign the dj? I could see maybe if he was being mobbed by fans and just quickly signing things thrust in front of him. But if he had time to write that much, he had time to open the book and sign the title page. I call bull****.

I'm on the fence on that Gunslinger Born. The "King" looks pretty legit but the "Stephen" looks weird. That's the first I've seen of that letter from Marvel. Could be completely made up.

Randall Flagg
06-26-2008, 06:26 AM
The Regulators S/L PC (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270248028963&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching)
This could be a bargain if it doesn't go much higher than the $500 it's at right now.

wizardsrainbow
06-26-2008, 06:29 AM
The Regulators S/L PC (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270248028963&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching)
This could be a bargain if it doesn't go much higher than the $500 it's at right now.

Saw it and am thinking the same thing.

Hutch
06-26-2008, 06:58 AM
There is nothing about this one that throws up any alarm as to it's authenticity. Looks good to me... too bad it's the DJ and not the book that is signed.

And the sig may not even be legit. I was too turned off to look closely.

Pasiuk57
06-26-2008, 08:30 AM
the marvel comic cover signed is ok
I've bought one and King signed a few for marvel
Mine was signed in the same pen.

Randall Flagg
06-27-2008, 05:47 AM
The Regulators PC went for $560.

wizardsrainbow
06-27-2008, 06:08 AM

Pretty good deal. I decided to pass.

artan
06-27-2008, 03:03 PM

Pretty good deal. I decided to pass.

Really nice price for that book.
I followed that auction too and I was a bit :drool:

:lol:

Sam
06-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Unfolded dust jackets are not distributed by Marvel Comics as a rule. I do know that Marvel has given this sort of thing out before as a thank you. They do this for participating vendors in the hope that other vendors will hear about the "gift" and participate in the next promotion in hopes of getting another rarity.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-28-2008, 04:58 AM
I, too, thought I might have gotten my copy from you Dave but according to my records it was from someone named Greg Hurlstone. Probably someone in the UK but I can't remember if it was an eBay deal or a direct sale. I didn't keep nearly as complete details back then as I do now.

FYI. Greg Hurlstone is geemann1 on eBay. The guy is currently selling a lot of proofs on there.

e_taylor
06-28-2008, 05:03 AM

FYI. Greg Hurlstone is geemann1 on eBay. The guy is currently selling a lot of proofs on there.

Who was it that keeps tabs on which ebay IDs go to which sellers? I inadvertently found one out the other day that has private feedback and is being used to buy up a fair amount of King stuff with the terrible market. I've never had a problem with the seller so I won't expose him, but whoever it was that keeps records of these things feel free to PM me.

carlosdetweiller
06-28-2008, 07:12 AM

Thanks. That is good to know and I'll update my records. He seems to be a pretty decent guy to deal with.

Pasiuk57
06-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I've bought from him without a problem!!

Cutter
06-28-2008, 03:18 PM
geeze, what a deal. Why didn't I start collecting King this year? People are getting some great deals.

Randall Flagg
06-29-2008, 06:42 AM
I seem to recall someone interested in this a while back.
2 days left and @$50.
Stephen King Signed Copy - Fantasy and Science Fiction (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Signed-Copy-Fantasy-and-Science-Fiction_W0QQitemZ110265534498QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

http://i17.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/f9/e7/6cbc_1.JPG

george_stark_666
06-29-2008, 06:59 AM
im looking 4 a man who calls himself roland!!!!!

george_stark_666
06-29-2008, 07:01 AM
u know who u r so kome on out secret friend and lets palaver......

george_stark_666
06-29-2008, 07:16 AM
guess roland aint gonna show himself.....

Daghain
06-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the site, george stark 666.

While irrelevancy and irreverence both are enjoyed throughout the site, we ask that they be kept at a minimum in the Collector's threads. Thanks. :)

Room 217 Caretaker
06-29-2008, 11:47 AM
A very intriguing comment in the auction:

"THE BOOK IS SO PERFECT THAT WE NEVER WANTED IT SIGNED AS EVEN SIGNING WOULD MAR IT."

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARRIE-BY-STEPHEN-KING-1ST-PRINTING-BEST-CONDITION-HCDJ_W0QQitemZ140245421892QQihZ004QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If King wants to MAR my books, I'll pay for all the shipping :lol:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-29-2008, 01:30 PM
A very intriguing comment in the auction:

"THE BOOK IS SO PERFECT THAT WE NEVER WANTED IT SIGNED AS EVEN SIGNING WOULD MAR IT."

http://cgi.ebay.com/CARRIE-BY-STEPHEN-KING-1ST-PRINTING-BEST-CONDITION-HCDJ_W0QQitemZ140245421892QQihZ004QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If King wants to MAR my books, I'll pay for all the shipping :lol:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

You've got to admit, it is a good copy. I might have to bid.

Tvmorbid
06-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Some strange 'The Shining' one :)

'The Shinig' (sic) cuff-links lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jack-Nicholson-Heres-Johnny-The-Shinig-cuff-links_W0QQitemZ190232353196QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m190232353196&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|65%3A12&_tr ksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

The Overlook Hotel Room Key Fob
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Overlook-Hotel-Room-Key-The-Shining-Jack-Nicholson_W0QQitemZ320267704340QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item320267704340&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|65%3A12 &_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

lophophoras
07-01-2008, 08:29 AM
High expectations?

Ooorr just high? :rolleyes:

jhanic
07-01-2008, 09:05 AM
High expectations?

Ooorr just high? :rolleyes:

This was mentioned before. The consensus was that he's unrealistic in his expectations. It's worth about 5% of what he's asking.

John

Randall Flagg
07-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Stephen King Signed Copy - Fantasy and Science Fiction (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Signed-Copy-Fantasy-and-Science-Fiction_W0QQitemZ110265534498QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Sold for $100. Pretty good price for a King S/L.

Fsmdr
07-01-2008, 10:00 AM
A very good price, indeed. I paid $160 for mine a year ago.

wizardsrainbow
07-01-2008, 10:31 AM
A very good price, indeed. I paid $160 for mine a year ago.

Agreed, I paid Bob $160 in May 2006 for my copy.

wizardsrainbow
07-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I was capitulating on this one at this price when someone snuck in and grabbed it. Not sure I would pay $200 for it.

What do others think it's worth? Mike has one & I PM'd him for advice but the other guy purchased before I could get an answer (no worries Mike!)

EXPLORER
07-01-2008, 02:38 PM
I was capitulating on this one at this price when someone snuck in and grabbed it. Not sure I would pay $200 for it.

What do others think it's worth? Mike has one & I PM'd him for advice but the other guy purchased before I could get an answer (no worries Mike!)

I have found a couple over the years fairly cheap..
Bought one on Ebay that was not listed as signed or limited...
I don't believe seller knew what he had ... bought for around $50.

I also found one in a book/mag store sometime back and was also under $50.
I always have an eye out for various items though and check out stores constantly whenever I travel.

carlosdetweiller
07-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Wow. This went pretty cheaply. This fanzine is called Chernobog #18 and is really scarce. Only the second one I have ever seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190232929352&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow. This went pretty cheaply. This fanzine is called Chernobog #18 and is really scarce. Only the second one I have ever seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190232929352&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

I saw this when it was first listed but I did not think it merited much attention.

carlosdetweiller
07-05-2008, 12:23 PM

I saw this when it was first listed but I did not think it merited much attention.

Obviously you were not alone as it only attracted one bidder. It is of little or no interest to most collectors.

The thing about it is that it is listed in Brooks' (and Collings') bibliography at least twice. It republishes King's nonfiction piece "The Fright Report" as well as his letter "Not Guilty."

For that reason it has some significance. Not much to most collectors but IF you happen to be looking for one it will drive you nuts!

Fsmdr
07-05-2008, 09:27 PM
One of the more honorable seller on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Night-Shift-1st-edition-w-FAKE-Signature_W0QQitemZ110268084715QQihZ001QQcategoryZ 29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hats off to him for being honest.

Calla_Wolf
07-07-2008, 03:51 AM
One of the more honorable seller on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Night-Shift-1st-edition-w-FAKE-Signature_W0QQitemZ110268084715QQihZ001QQcategoryZ 29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hats off to him for being honest.

i actually sent him a mail thanking him for his honesty. It's certainly worth bidding on (bearing in mind the fake sig) - that's a 1st ed jacket folks - same with the Salem's lot he's selling - and they ARE 1st ed books...just need some creativity to improve what are, effectively, damaged books.

wizardsrainbow
07-07-2008, 03:58 AM
I recently purchased 2 books from this seller, one was the signed and remarqued Weaveworld by Clive Barker. He is a worthy seller and his prices are fair IMO.

jhanic
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Here's the answer.

Hi Mr. Hanic,

Cookbooks sell for $10 and can be purchased at Moxie Day (July 12th) or if you want to drop into the high school, I can sell you one too. You may also mail in a check and money for postage and I can mail a cookbook out to you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Patti Mucenski
Class of 2009 Advisor

Address is:

Lisbon High School
Attn: Ms Patti Mucenski
2 Sugg Drive
Lisbon Falls, ME 04252

She didn't indicate how much postage would be.

John

I received my copy of the Country Goodness cookbook today. It has two King recipes, Lunchtime Goop and Basic Bread. (Basic Bread is listed as by Steven King!)

John

Randall Flagg
07-08-2008, 06:41 AM
BLUE OYSTER CULT "Astronomy" Promo CD with STEPHEN KING Intro (http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-OYSTER-CULT-Astronomy-Promo-CD-with-STEPHEN-KING_W0QQitemZ200236412234QQihZ010QQcategoryZ307QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

herbertwest
07-09-2008, 03:12 AM
i was going through a George Beahm's book, and i discovered some stuff that i never heard about before..

o Westlake's Transylvania Station.
introduced by King

o Stephen King have introduced Gary Larson's The far side gallery 2 (i knew it)
but apparently Gary Larson would have drawn (the name have been translated to french... something like the "anthill of king"), published in may 1987
what is the english name? what is it?

Bev Vincent
07-09-2008, 06:11 AM
I have a copy of the Westlake somewhere

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Zg5fvYXML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

"The novelized script to the Mohonk mystery weekend the Kings attended, put on by Donald and Abby Westlake in Mohonk, New York." The name Mohonk may be familiar to you if you think back to The Regulators...

Ari_Racing
07-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Sorry to ask this, but I have no way of sending a check from here. I wonder if anyone could purchase one of the cookbook for me (I'll pay via paypal the amount you require) and later send it to me. Let me know by PM.

THANK YOU!!!

herbertwest
07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I have a copy of the Westlake somewhere

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Zg5fvYXML._SL500_AA240_.jpg

"The novelized script to the Mohonk mystery weekend the Kings attended, put on by Donald and Abby Westlake in Mohonk, New York." The name Mohonk may be familiar to you if you think back to The Regulators...

Yeah it sounds interesting: and the cover looks really nice!

Do you have any idea about the Gary Larson's drawn story... ?

Bev Vincent
07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
The cover art above is almost certainly Gahan Wilson. I don't know about Gary Larson's drawn story -- what is the title in French?

Ricky
07-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Here's one that I thought is pretty cool. The price really isn't that bad either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dark-Tower-KEYHOLE-Logo-Pin-Comic-Stephen-King_W0QQitemZ370065737944QQihZ024QQcategoryZ377QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

herbertwest
07-09-2008, 03:13 PM
The cover art above is almost certainly Gahan Wilson. I don't know about Gary Larson's drawn story -- what is the title in French?

It was two different articles from Stephen KING from A to Z, by G. Beam.
So it is not related to the Westlake's book.

Article at Larson, and it says that Gary have drawn "la fourmilière de King" (sort of : ant-hill of king) to thank him for his introduction in the far side gallery 2.

Bev Vincent
07-12-2008, 06:28 AM
o Stephen King have introduced Gary Larson's The far side gallery 2 (i knew it)
but apparently Gary Larson would have drawn (the name have been translated to french... something like the "anthill of king"), published in may 1987
what is the english name? what is it?

I found mention of this in Castle Rock Newsletter when I was looking up book publication dates. This is one of the Far Side comic strips. "Stephen King's ant farm" (May 21, 1987)

herbertwest
07-12-2008, 01:03 PM
thanks alot!

now, i'd like to find what it is... am getting curious, and could be interesting.. for instance if it's a comic with a lot of reference to King or... dunno
any idea in which Far Side Gallery or whatever it is published? what do they say in the castle rock?

Bev Vincent
07-12-2008, 01:37 PM
The Far Side is usually a single-panel comic, so it would be a drawing of someone supposed to represent King, and there would be something twisted about this ant farm. It sounds vaguely familiar to me, now that I know more about it. Maybe someone has scanned it to a web site. I'll snoop around.

Bev Vincent
07-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I found a description of it: This makes me think of the far side where the kid has an ant farm and has set up the little tiny people eating so the ants look huge and it says "Stephen King as a small boy"

herbertwest
07-12-2008, 03:26 PM
sounds weird...

Cutter
07-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Carrie Proof

It's not in the best condition,but still impressive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270254189449&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=270250874825&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%252BI%26itu%3DUCI%2 52BSI%26otn%3D4

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Carrie Proof

It's not in the best condition,but still impressive.

He has reduced the price from $900. The condition is not great and maybe not even worth $800.

jhanic
07-14-2008, 06:13 PM
An optimist!

F&SF Gunslinger magazines (http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantasy-Science-Fiction-Stephen-King-Gunslinger-books_W0QQitemZ110270926912QQihZ001QQcategoryZ280Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

John

The Lady of Shadows
07-14-2008, 06:17 PM
An optimist!

F&SF Gunslinger magazines (http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantasy-Science-Fiction-Stephen-King-Gunslinger-books_W0QQitemZ110270926912QQihZ001QQcategoryZ280Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

John

isn't "optismist" another word for "lunatic"? :)

Hutch
07-14-2008, 09:21 PM
An optimist!

John

who wouldn't be if they were watching the auctions. A couple of weeks ago just the first one in the series sold for over $80 on ebay. If I could find the completed auction I'd post a link.

Hutch
07-14-2008, 09:24 PM
An optimist!

John

who wouldn't be is they were watching the auctions. A couple of weeks ago just the first one in the series sold for over $80 on ebay. If I could find the completed auction I'd post a link.

Here's another in VG minus condition :
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantasy-Science-Fiction-Mag-Stephen-King-1978_W0QQitemZ170236689961QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item 170236689961

carlosdetweiller
07-22-2008, 06:20 PM
This looks like a pretty nice copy of a rare book at a fair price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-THE-BACHMAN-BOOKS-1st-1st-HC-NF_W0QQitemZ110273170320QQihZ001QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gsvec
07-22-2008, 07:24 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-THE-BACHMAN-BOOKS-1st-1st-HC-NF_W0QQitemZ110273170320QQihZ001QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was looking at this one earlier

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-THE-BACHMAN-BOOKS-Rage-1st-1-fine-fine_W0QQitemZ320277513062QQihZ011QQcategoryZ377QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but ended up buying Juliana's. :D Thanks for posting the link, Bob - I've now filled another collection void!!

wizardsrainbow
07-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Some VERY LOW starting prices (no reserve) on King items on eBay from seller:

baby_u_can_drive_my_car

check them out, here is Prive Evil stating at $147

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRIME-EVIL-SIGNED-STEPHEN-KING-CLIVE-BARKER-GRANT-BOOKS_W0QQitemZ220260660217QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jhanic
07-23-2008, 03:49 AM
Those ARE some great opening prices!

John

CRinVA
07-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Really!
Starting to drool!

Fsmdr
07-23-2008, 09:16 AM

I was looking at this one earlier

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-THE-BACHMAN-BOOKS-Rage-1st-1-fine-fine_W0QQitemZ320277513062QQihZ011QQcategoryZ377QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but ended up buying Juliana's. :D Thanks for posting the link, Bob - I've now filled another collection void!!

Thanks guys!.

Your book is on it's way, Gsvec. Much appreciated.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-25-2008, 04:20 AM
PC Lettered Dystopia for $450.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-DYSTOPIA-SIGNED-LETTERED-EDITION_W0QQitemZ110273880610QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

jhanic
07-25-2008, 04:54 AM
And offered by our own Juliana!

John

herbertwest
07-25-2008, 06:35 AM
I once talked on this board about a french "luxe" edition of THE DARK TOWER.
It is planned that the 7 books will be put together in 2 volumes.

I now can tell that this edition will be numbered (no, i didnt heard about a signed one.. i wish it would be, but i bet it wont...).
It will includes the most complete french bibliography i have ever seen, done by a professional (which regularly do bibliographies, ie : Matheson, Barker... over 50 so far... and own every single french edition, and variation in covers). This biblio will be great quality, as it have been checked by your fave frenchy :cool:

Brice
07-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Is there a price for it yet?

herbertwest
07-25-2008, 07:47 AM
yep... extremely cheap for US collectors lol

the TWO books will be sold for a complete price of (80€), about $125.
so at this price i doubt it will be signed... lol

a bookseller told me that this edition was supposed to be sold only in libraries and not available to websites or whatever... but amazon takes preorders with free shipping within France... so dunno...

jhanic
07-26-2008, 06:07 PM
The Just After Sunset Collector's Set (that includes the DVD of N.) is now available for pre-order from Amazon. It has a different cover than the regular trade edition. The regular trade is on the left.

John

gsvec
07-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Just went on Amazon and couldn't find it, John. Can you post a link maybe?

Cutter
07-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Just went on Amazon and couldn't find it, John. Can you post a link maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1439115303/liljslibrthew-20

Lijas library sent out a post today with the above link. I think this is pretty cool. Obviously I've pre-ordered. :)

btw John I wonder if the different cover is just packaging? It's probably plastic wrapped to hold the cd and book. It's just an assumption, but who knows?

gsvec
07-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks - got it! :D

e_taylor
07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Will this book/dvd set be available in stores as well? or is a strictly on-line type deal?

inertia1215
07-26-2008, 07:45 PM
The Just After Sunset Collector's Set (that includes the DVD of N.) is now available for pre-order from Amazon. It has a different cover than the regular trade edition. The regular trade is on the left.

John

Thank You!!! Just got on there and snagged mine. I canceled my pre-order for the normal one, i'll pick it up somewhere else if they are actually different!

Fsmdr
07-26-2008, 09:08 PM
I preordered mine as well. I was also browsing around and saw this:

This special, low-priced 10th-anniversary trade paperback edition of Bag of Bones, features bonus text from Stephen King and is only available for fall 2008. It's his most gripping and unforgettable novel--a No. 1 bestseller around the world and to this day Scribner's bestselling King title--a tale of grief, of love's enduring bonds, and of haunting secrets of the past. The anniversary edition includes a Q&A with King where he talks about ghosts, secrets, and being alive

Might be interesting to get it just for the Q&A in the book. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1439106215/ref=amb_link_7225912_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0GGMPV8BP8ZPYKJP33XM&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=420194601&pf_rd_i=1000177891

herbertwest
07-27-2008, 01:47 AM
JUST PAST SUNSET collector is pretty cheap!

i did never heard about the Bag of Bones anniversary before...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Will this book/dvd set be available in stores as well? or is a strictly on-line type deal?

It should be available everywhere, by order at least.

Overlook Connection are taking orders as well.

shnnrc01
07-27-2008, 01:55 AM
i pre-ordered as well from amazon.thats a pretty decent price for the set.

shnnrc01
07-27-2008, 02:00 AM
overlook is a lot more expensive though-$65-70. i think there may be a slipcase thrown in there also to try and justify the price.i've been ordering less and less from them lately. even the stand sketchbook thats a freebie in comic shops or for only 1 cent on ebay- they're flogging "this rare and hard to find soon to be gone" for like $10!!!!!

carlosdetweiller
07-27-2008, 04:36 AM
overlook is a lot more expensive though-$65-70. i think there may be a slipcase thrown in there also to try and justify the price.i've been ordering less and less from them lately. even the stand sketchbook thats a freebie in comic shops or for only 1 cent on ebay- they're flogging "this rare and hard to find soon to be gone" for like $10!!!!!

I find that The Overlook Connection is almost always way out of line on their asking prices. If you look around you can almost always find the same item much, much cheaper somewhere else.

herbertwest
07-27-2008, 06:22 AM
wanted to preorder the collector set with the dvd, but i just remembered that it will be pointless for me : it will be a DVD region 1...
so, i'll pass on it

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2008, 06:27 AM
wanted to preorder the collector set with the dvd, but i just remembered that it will be pointless for me : it will be a DVD region 1...
so, i'll pass on it

Buy it Herb. The region does not matter. Every DVD player can play ANY region. It's just a 4 number code you dial in with your remote.

Put your DVD type into Google and you will get the code. I play region 1 DVDs all the time on mine now.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-27-2008, 06:36 AM
I find that The Overlook Connection is almost always way out of line on their asking prices. If you look around you can almost always find the same item much, much cheaper somewhere else.

Yes they are expensive, and USELESS at times. I paid over the odds for McSweeneys #27 and it took 2 months after the release date to get it.

They sent me a signed/limited book (By the Sword) by mistake at first, and I was stupid honest enough to send it back.

I only buy from them if they have something "extra" thrown in.

jhanic
07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Dave at Overlook Connection is notoriously slow in shipping. Or maybe we're all spoiled by the quick responses by other dealers. It's been a long time since I've ordered anything from him. The last item (and I don't remember what it was) from him I got via eBay and it took almost three weeks for him to SHIP it, let alone what the post office added to that time. That kind of soured him to me.

John

herbertwest
07-27-2008, 09:55 AM
so, i'll pass on it

Buy it Herb. The region does not matter. Every DVD player can play ANY region. It's just a 4 number code you dial in with your remote.

Put your DVD type into Google and you will get the code. I play region 1 DVDs all the time on mine now.

you know what... i dunno why but i never thought to un-region (is that a word?) my DVD players... even though if i was more talking about the computer's dvd player..
i'll try to find somthing for it. thanks for the advise :-)

Cutter
07-27-2008, 03:52 PM

This special, low-priced 10th-anniversary trade paperback edition of Bag of Bones, features bonus text from Stephen King and is only available for fall 2008. It's his most gripping and unforgettable novel--a No. 1 bestseller around the world and to this day Scribner's bestselling King title--a tale of grief, of love's enduring bonds, and of haunting secrets of the past. The anniversary edition includes a Q&A with King where he talks about ghosts, secrets, and being alive

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1439106215/ref=amb_link_7225912_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0GGMPV8BP8ZPYKJP33XM&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=420194601&pf_rd_i=1000177891

I would take a guess here and think that maybe the Q&A is the same Bag of Bones Q&A that was released on audio in "Talks and Reads" it's just converted to text form.

Anyway, I've ordered. Thanks for the heads up!

Cutter
07-27-2008, 03:55 PM

Yes they are expensive, and USELESS at times. I paid over the odds for McSweeneys #27 and it took 2 months after the release date to get it.

They sent me a signed/limited book (By the Sword) by mistake at first, and I was stupid honest enough to send it back.

I only buy from them if they have something "extra" thrown in.
Honestly I don't even know how many times The Overlook Connection has screwed up an order of mine, because it has happened so many times. It borders on ridiculous.

And I agree with Bob he overcharges for everything. I buy stuff like the DT slipcases, where he's the only seller, but other stuff can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-28-2008, 12:11 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LETTERED-NUMBERED-GALLEY-PROOF-BOOKS-ABOUT-STEPHEN-KING_W0QQitemZ220262401375QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Includes:

1.) Bound Galley Proof (1 of only 2 copies in existence) - Horror Plum'd: An International Stephen King Bibliography and Guide, by Dr. Michael R. Collings. - Comes with certificate of authenticity that is signed by Dave Hinchberger, who is the owner of the Overlook Connection Press, which published the book.

jhanic
07-28-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm watching this. I doubt, though, that I'll be bidding on it because the only thing that even remotely I'm interested in is the bound galley proof of Horror Plum'd. I already have an ARC of that.

John

carlosdetweiller
07-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Interesting. The old fanzine Chernobog has been reprinted. That was always a very scarce item to find. At least the reprints will be easy to tell from the originals.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-fanzine-published-in-1981-for-K-a-2nd-ed_W0QQitemZ190240387951QQihZ009QQcategoryZ29223QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think the publishers of Comics Review and Stories of Suspense would do really well with King collectors if they reprinted them. Of course they were done on a mimeograph so I guess there is no master to reprint from.

e_taylor
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-LOT-OF-3-HARD-COVER-BOOKS-STAND-IT_W0QQitemZ160264165293QQihZ006QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Haha - this could be a real deal for someone. I mean the covers are pretty worn but the books - they're great!:doh:

carlosdetweiller
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-LOT-OF-3-HARD-COVER-BOOKS-STAND-IT_W0QQitemZ160264165293QQihZ006QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Haha - this could be a real deal for someone. I mean the covers are pretty worn but the books - they're great!:doh:

I love the look of well cared for books.

e_taylor
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM

I love the look of well cared for books.

Don't we all! Ex-library copies are starting to look a lot more attractive!:P

The Lady of Shadows
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM

::swoons::

thank you for this info. i have ordered both now and can't wait. :excited:

herbertwest
07-30-2008, 12:53 AM
especially with
COMES FROM A SMOKE FREE AND PET FREE HOME.

ITEM WILL BE CAREFULLY PACKAGED AND SHIPPED WITHIN 48 HOURS AFTER PAYMENT IS RECEIVED.

lol

lophophoras
07-30-2008, 04:37 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KINGS-DARK-TOWER-Cpt-Set-of-S-N-Grant-1st_W0QQitemZ230276546178QQihZ013QQcategoryZ29223Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have $21000.00 I could borrow?

Maybe I should try selling a kidney...

:orely:

wizardsrainbow
07-30-2008, 04:45 AM
Some VERY LOW starting prices (no reserve) on King items on eBay from seller:

baby_u_can_drive_my_car

check them out, here is Prive Evil stating at $147

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRIME-EVIL-SIGNED-STEPHEN-KING-CLIVE-BARKER-GRANT-BOOKS_W0QQitemZ220260660217QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Several auctions cloed last night and I was AMAZED at how high some of the prices were (gives me hope). For instance:

New Lieutenant's Rap (numbered proof) $820.95
Talisman Gift Edition $237.50
Prime Evil S/L $325.00
S/L ES $589

Cutter
07-30-2008, 06:04 AM
[quote=wizardsrainbow;215479]

yea I was surprised at this one. I was looking in case I could get it for a reasonable price, but alas no. People were bidding with some money.

Cutter
07-30-2008, 06:06 AM

I think this takes the cake for one of the funniest auctions I've seen. lol

jhanic
07-30-2008, 06:07 AM
I also was watchiing this one--I knew I couldn't afford it right now, but I was watching!

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Several auctions cloed last night and I was AMAZED at how high some of the prices were (gives me hope). For instance:

Prime Evil S/L $325.00
S/L ES $589

A lot of "shill bidding" going on with these auctions.

eBay seller shelby315 won a couple at high prices. This person has 923 feedback score and this is all for women's clothes and accessories. Not one item of Stephen King in all her purchases.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2008, 08:11 AM

yea I was surprised at this one. I was looking in case I could get it for a reasonable price, but alas no. People were bidding with some money.

I got one off eBay last month for $350 and I was the only bidder.

Hutch
07-30-2008, 09:45 AM

Prime Evil S/L $325.00
S/L ES $589

eBay seller shelby315 won a couple at high prices. This person has 923 feedback score and this is all for women's clothes and accessories. Not one item of Stephen King in all her purchases.

I seem to recall the shelby315 ID as a collector of things King in the past. As for shill bidding some of those high dollar auctions the second high bidder was our own Pasuik57.

update:
Checking further back in feedback for shelby315 I see feedback from Shibus, callawolf and brentkpg to name a few.

The Lady of Shadows
07-30-2008, 09:56 AM

Prime Evil S/L $325.00
S/L ES $589

I seem to recall the shelby315 ID as a collector of things King in the past. As for shill bidding some of those high dollar auctions the second high bidder was our own Pasuik57.
update:
Checking further back in feedback for shelby315 I see feedback from Shibus, callawolf and brentkpg to name a few.

wait. what? :unsure:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM

update:

I must have been looking at the seller items only.

Pasiuk57
07-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Yep, I already had one of the Bag of Bones Manuscripts but thought I would try for another. Someone outbid me-not sure who!?
I won a lettered King signed "Cinema" from the guy.
I tried to win some of the other items but I already have enough Lieutenant's Rap's so I gave up and then it sold for a ton...

wizardsrainbow
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Yep, I already had one of the Bag of Bones Manuscripts but thought I would try for another. Someone outbid me-not sure who!?
I tried to win some of the other items but I already have enough Lieutenant's Rap's so I gave up and then it sold for a ton...

How many Raps do you have Mike?
I have 3: a S/N, a numbered proof and an un-numbered proof.

Pasiuk57
07-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Dave
same exact as you!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM

Shelby 315 got 'em

jhanic
07-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Maybe we should invite this Shelby315 to join us here!

John

Cutter
07-30-2008, 05:45 PM

damn that's the auction I need. :)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-31-2008, 06:57 AM

damn that's the auction I need. :)[/QUOTE]

I remember more about this now. I won the auction on 7 April, but the proof did not arrive until 20 June. The guy sent it by surface mail from Canada, in a rowing boat I presume :)

jhanic
07-31-2008, 07:12 AM
I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk regarding a couple upcoming editions of J.K. Rowling's Tales of Beedle the Bard. There were originally only six copies of this, handwritten by Rowling herself, created, but I guess the demand was enough that these new editions have been planned for December 2008.

Collector's Editiion, £50.00

Standard Edition, £3.99

Both are hardcover editions, but the Collector's Edition, which is ONLY available from Amazon, has LOTS of extras.

I've pre-ordered a copy of each.

John

Cutter
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk regarding a couple upcoming editions of J.K. Rowling's Tales of Beedle the Bard. There were originally only six copies of this, handwritten by Rowling herself, created, but I guess the demand was enough that these new editions have been planned for December 2008.

Collector's Editiion, £50.00 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_16331_12359691_pe_B/?ASIN=0956010903)

Standard Edition, £3.99 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_16331_12359691_pe_A/?ASIN=0747599874)

Both are hardcover editions, but the Collector's Edition, which is ONLY available from Amazon, has LOTS of extras.

I've pre-ordered a copy of each.

John

John they are available at Amazon.com too for $100. It's not exclusive to the UK.

And yea I bought one too. Even though it's not signed it looks real nice, and I'm sure will be worth something down the road.

turtlex
07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah, front page over at www.amazon.com - I got one of each. They're going to be a Christmas present. They come out in early Decemeber. I got the standard edition as well as the fancy one because - no way I'm going to actually let my girl READ a hundred dollar collectors edition !

jhanic
07-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I'll be changing my order from Amazon UK to the US Amazon, mainly because shipping will be less.

John

I cancelled the order from UK and ordered the copies from the US Amazon and saved about $10 in shipping!

John

oy-the-brave
07-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I got the email this moring and ordered a copy from the UK site, I just cancelled and ordered thru the US site, thanks for the idea John :)

jhanic
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
My pleasure!

John

tippy4
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Death Studios Salem's Lot Barlow Mask - Stephen King (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150277831652&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123)

carlosdetweiller
08-02-2008, 08:56 AM
This looks to be a pretty good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cycle-of-the-Werewolf-Stephen-King-HB-VF_W0QQitemZ280252419078QQihZ018QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Fsmdr
08-02-2008, 09:28 AM
This looks to be a pretty good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cycle-of-the-Werewolf-Stephen-King-HB-VF_W0QQitemZ280252419078QQihZ018QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was just looking at that. Fyi, that picture is copied from another listing. I've just retracted my bid on that listing.

Fsmdr
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Looks like a good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Peter-Straub-The-Talisman-Grant-2-volume_W0QQitemZ320282646486QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em320282646486&_trkparms=72%3A552%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1318

Randall Flagg
08-07-2008, 08:19 AM
Interesting broadside done for a King appearance at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco, ca in 1990.

AUTOGRAPHED Stephen King First Edition Broadside!!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTOGRAPHED-Stephen-King-First-Edition-Broadside_W0QQitemZ160268959709QQcmdZViewItem?hash =item160268959709&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318)

http://i9.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/03/00/24a2_1.JPG

http://i19.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/03/00/274a_1.JPG

Rahfa
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Pretty crafty/scummy way to list this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The-Shining-Possible-1st-Edition_W0QQitemZ150277345965QQihZ005QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Problems:

1. Doubleday didn't shrinkwrap books.
2. The size isn't right for a first edition.
3. The spine is the green color of a BCE.

But, the way he's listed it, it puts all the onus on the bidder...he's not truly claiming it's a first edition, just pretending it might possibly be...but he knows...

Hutch
08-07-2008, 11:55 AM
the seller did answer and post my question about the size of the book.

From his answer it's clearly a full size BCE

Pretty crafty/scummy way to list this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The-Shining-Possible-1st-Edition_W0QQitemZ150277345965QQihZ005QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Problems:

1. Doubleday didn't shrinkwrap books.
2. The size isn't right for a first edition.
3. The spine is the green color of a BCE.

But, the way he's listed it, it puts all the onus on the bidder...he's not truly claiming it's a first edition, just pretending it might possibly be...but he knows...

Rahfa
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I actually sent him a comment that said 'unfortunately' it's not a first edition...so we'll see what he does...

I obvioulsy posted this in the wrong thread...notning very intriguing about it! Haha...

Ricky
08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Being that that copy is no where near a first edition, he needs to seriously decrease the price by about $480.

gsvec
08-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Overpriced, but I love the postcard!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-NIGHT-SHIFT-1st-1st-with-Signed-Postcard_W0QQitemZ230063999210QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2 9223QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksid Zp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-NIGHT-SHIFT-1st-1st-with-Signed-Postcard_W0QQitemZ230063999210QQihZ013QQcategoryZ2 9223QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksid Zp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Agree its pricey, but I would buy it for the postcard if I collected non-fiction.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Edward Miller remarque on Colorado Kid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephen-King-The-Colorado-Kid-signed-dated-etc-1st-1st_W0QQitemZ290251940697QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 90251940697&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

carlosdetweiller
08-09-2008, 04:15 AM

The postcard is to Alan Bradford who published an obscure fanzine called Chernobog in the early 1980's.

When I see a book described as having its endpapers "professionally replaced" I am skeptical that it is an ex-library copy. For me, personally, that makes the book uncollectible.

jhanic
08-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Agreed.

John

herbertwest
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Edward Miller remarque on Colorado Kid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stephen-King-The-Colorado-Kid-signed-dated-etc-1st-1st_W0QQitemZ290251940697QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 90251940697&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

nice!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Someone got a good deal on this. Cujo BCE with 1982 inscription for $37

OK its a book club edition, but its still a King signature for $37.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300247163625&_trksid=e11003.m203&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DS%26itu%3DSI%26otn%3D 4&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

jhanic
08-11-2008, 03:16 PM
While browsing through a bookseller's catalogue, I found this:

KING, STEPHEN.
Misery
New York: Viking. 1986 Printed Wrappers. Fine (Our Top Grade) Earliest Proof + Two Later Proofs for First. Galley/Proof. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Earliest prepublication state for first edition. One of only about 8 copies. A facsimile of King's original typescript, produced by Viking for submission to the Book of the Month Club to aid in selling the book-club rights. The text of this prepublication state differs from the published book. Book-club stamp in red on title page. 8 ½ x 11 inches, comb-bound wrappers. Rare. Fine. WITH: two variant facsimile copies of the original typescript for the next draft, one of which incorporates the changes called for in the earlier draft and reproduces the new editorial corrections and notations. 8 ½ x 11 inches, bound with brads and clear plastic wrappers. Very good. This state was prepared for in-house use only. The other copy is slightly different in its fore-matter and is a clean copy which shows no editorial markings, is not bound and comes with a copy of the "Original Acquisition Memo." Fine.

As you may imagine, I immediately sent an email to the dealer, who responded:

Sorry John, this item was sold a long time ago, but somehow never got pulled.

Darn!!

(Why do I have the feeling that our own Carlosdetweiller got it?)

John

carlosdetweiller
08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
While browsing through a bookseller's catalogue, I found this:

KING, STEPHEN.
Misery
New York: Viking. 1986 Printed Wrappers. Fine (Our Top Grade) Earliest Proof + Two Later Proofs for First. Galley/Proof. 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall. Earliest prepublication state for first edition. One of only about 8 copies. A facsimile of King's original typescript, produced by Viking for submission to the Book of the Month Club to aid in selling the book-club rights. The text of this prepublication state differs from the published book. Book-club stamp in red on title page. 8 ½ x 11 inches, comb-bound wrappers. Rare. Fine. WITH: two variant facsimile copies of the original typescript for the next draft, one of which incorporates the changes called for in the earlier draft and reproduces the new editorial corrections and notations. 8 ½ x 11 inches, bound with brads and clear plastic wrappers. Very good. This state was prepared for in-house use only. The other copy is slightly different in its fore-matter and is a clean copy which shows no editorial markings, is not bound and comes with a copy of the "Original Acquisition Memo." Fine.

As you may imagine, I immediately sent an email to the dealer, who responded:

Sorry John, this item was sold a long time ago, but somehow never got pulled.

Darn!!

(Why do I have the feeling that our own Carlosdetweiller got it?)

John

No, not me. I do have one of the copies of the first item listed...the submission manuscript for the Book of the Month Club. But I don't have the last two items.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Betts still have Chris Cavalier's one for sale.

Just the submission manuscript for the Book of the Month Club though.

Bev Vincent
08-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Original Wrightson artwork from Creepshow (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270265592283)

Famed comic artist Bernie Wrightson was kind enough to donate this piece of original artwork to our non-profit theater company for this auction. It is his original painting, as it appeared in the 1982 Stephen King's Creepshow comic book (minus the lettering.)

The painting is on a hard canvas board and measures approx 13" x 17". It is signed by the artist.

carlosdetweiller
08-15-2008, 03:39 AM
That link doesn't work for me.

jhanic
08-15-2008, 03:59 AM
It just links back to this page.

John

Bev Vincent
08-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Link is now fixed

carlosdetweiller
08-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Original Wrightson artwork from Creepshow (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270265592283)

Famed comic artist Bernie Wrightson was kind enough to donate this piece of original artwork to our non-profit theater company for this auction. It is his original painting, as it appeared in the 1982 Stephen King's Creepshow comic book (minus the lettering.)

The painting is on a hard canvas board and measures approx 13" x 17". It is signed by the artist.

That's a nice piece of art. It's too bad the acetate overlay with the wording is not included. I'd definitely bid on it if it were present. As it is it seems weird to me to have the words missing.

Ricky
08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
This isn't an auction but I think it's pretty cool nonetheless. Wish I had an extra $25,000 lying around though:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=140570320&searchurl=an%3Dstephen%2Bking%26bsi%3D210%26kn%3Dp roof%26n%3D200000237%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

jhanic
08-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks, Bev.

John

herbertwest
08-16-2008, 04:37 AM
This isn't an auction but I think it's pretty cool nonetheless. Wish I had an extra $25,000 lying around though:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=140570320&searchurl=an%3Dstephen%2Bking%26bsi%3D210%26kn%3Dp roof%26n%3D200000237%26x%3D0%26y%3D0

for this price, the seller could make some effort and put at least a real picture...

this is exactly the type of items that i imagine in Carlos' collection..

jhanic
08-22-2008, 10:14 AM
UK Just After Sunset Sampler (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Just-After-Sunset-SAMPLER_W0QQitemZ270267303571QQihZ017QQcategoryZ37 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

John

The Lady of Shadows
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
UK Just After Sunset Sampler (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Just-After-Sunset-SAMPLER_W0QQitemZ270267303571QQihZ017QQcategoryZ37 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

John

is a sampler the same thing as a proof? :unsure:

jhanic
08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
In this case, yes, but I'd think of it more as an ARC. It's probably the only advance copy that the UK publisher, Hodder & Stoughton, is going to issue. It only contains four stories, plus the Introduction and the notes at the end for those four.

John

gsvec
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
So how much did you bid, John? :lol:

jhanic
08-22-2008, 03:27 PM
I was/am seriously thinking about getting another one. I just haven't decided yet! I AM curious as to how much this one will go for. It doesn't have the accompanying letter, though.

John

The Lady of Shadows
08-22-2008, 04:35 PM
:orely:

a letter? and it's at about US$55 right now. . . .

i've got it on my "watch list" right now to see what happens. damn you people for getting me started on this whole arc and proof thing anyway! :lol:

hmmmm. bid now or wait??????? the eternal question. . . .

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Another seller offered me one for £60. (I told him where to go). There are 2 on UK eBay right now which will go for high amounts. The price will half when the book is released.

shnnrc01
08-23-2008, 04:56 AM
i paid 40GBP for mine,shipping included.

jhanic
08-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Another seller offered me one for £60. (I told him where to go). There are 2 on UK eBay right now which will go for high amounts. The price will half when the book is released.

I can only find the one I listed above. Where's the other?

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-23-2008, 05:27 AM
I can only find the one I listed above. Where's the other?

John

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170250902173&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270267303571&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

jhanic
08-23-2008, 05:43 AM
Thanks. I wonder why it never shows up on my searches.

John

The Lady of Shadows
08-23-2008, 01:03 PM
it doesn't show in mine because my searches specifically rule out anything overseas ( ::stupidturtle:: ). thanks for the listings - but i'm still thinking i'm going to hang out and see what happens.

there are other things i could spend that money on. like signed bag of bones or rose madder items (you listening hutch? :lol: )

Patrick
08-23-2008, 05:37 PM

for this price, the seller could make some effort and put at least a real picture...

this is exactly the type of items that i imagine in Carlos' collection..
I think ABE only allows a small photo and there is too much stuff in that listing to show it all in a thumbnail. I'd love to see photos of the whole spread though. I hope someone around negotiates a price and buys the set - and then posts pics. :thumbsup:

lophophoras
08-25-2008, 03:08 AM
Do you guys know anything about this item?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAD-MACHINES-Stephen-Kings-Night-Shift-AM320-wolf-eyes_W0QQitemZ290255689941QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1600Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bev Vincent
08-25-2008, 05:52 AM
"DEAD MACHINES is the duo of JOHN OLSON (WOLF EYES, American Tapes, a million other bands) and TOVA OLSON (ex WOODEN WAND AND THE VANISHING VOICE, also a million other bands). Together--with the use of handmade instruments and electronics, tape manipulation, sax, gong, and loud volume--deliver music by insaniacs for insaniacs."

jhanic
08-25-2008, 06:16 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAD-MACHINES-Stephen-Kings-Night-Shift-AM320-wolf-eyes_W0QQitemZ290255689941QQihZ019QQcategoryZ1600Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've never heard of it. It possibly could be a private recording--I just don't know.

John

herbertwest
08-25-2008, 08:43 AM
i dont understand what the relation to king, even with the description on the auction...

Bev Vincent
08-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I strongly suspect it's some garage band recording inspired by King's stories.

turtlex
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM

LOL.

I love this.

The Lady of Shadows
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM

just for curiosity's sake i sent the seller a question asking if s/he could tell me precisely what the auction had to do with sai king's Night Shift. this is the response:

no i cannot. i didnt buy it from the artist so i don't know what it has to do with the book beyond the title. if i had to GUESS i would say its their own music inspired by king but who knows?

so, a cookie and bad garage music to bev! :lol:

Hutch
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
how about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dark-Tower-Set-All-seven-Grant-1st-edition_W0QQitemZ220271350728QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29 223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Could be worse... remember the $350 unsigned Blaze