PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Very Intriguing...... Stories of Suspense with King story, "In a Half-World of Terror.

Looks like I will have to blow my budget again!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320235428940&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Budgets are made to be blown. At least mine usually is.

What do you think it will sell for?

That's a big unknown for me. I've never seen one for sale before. I've got an idea what I will pay for it, but it depends what mood I'm in nearer the end of the auction.

I emailed the seller to ask if he would sell it outwith the auction, but he doesn't seem interested.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2008, 05:47 AM
Just had another reply from the seller.

"Yours is the fifth e-mail I have received about this item, and the third offer to end the auction. I am going to let it run its course. If you decide to bid, good luck."

Let the battle commence :rock:

Nerak
04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
lol

Cutter
04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
oh.
I talked with Jerad and JK Potter about that and Jerad told me that the project died almost inmediately.

yea he was selling a prototype at the WHC. So he got at least that far.

But a prototype could be anything, it could be the complete text of the book with illustrations, or it could just be filled with blank pages. They are made to get an idea what the book will look like before going into publishing. Prototypes are like a first draft of a story.

btw, 1966, wow!

Ben Mears
04-04-2008, 10:31 AM
oh.
I talked with Jerad and JK Potter about that and Jerad told me that the project died almost inmediately.

But a prototype could be anything, it could be the complete text of the book with illustrations, or it could just be filled with blank pages. They are made to get an idea what the book will look like before going into publishing. Prototypes are like a first draft of a story. If the project was rejected and, if it contains any/all of The Shining text, would it be legal to sell the prototype?

Rahfa
04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
oh.

But a prototype could be anything, it could be the complete text of the book with illustrations, or it could just be filled with blank pages. They are made to get an idea what the book will look like before going into publishing. Prototypes are like a first draft of a story. If the project was rejected and, if it contains any/all of The Shining text, would it be legal to sell the prototype?

If he got explicit permission from King to sell the prototype, then yes...and let's assume he spent some money to dummy up a prototype for King's approval (but obviously not $12K).

But, without that permission, then it definitley wouldn't be legal...it's just a question of whether King cares enough to stop it. It's EXACTLY the same thing as the 'Es' limited. Whether it's one copy or 500, it's still a bootleg.

I'm going on a limb and say that it was a design prototype with Potter art maybe, without the text. Unless King did give permission.

Twelve grand, though? I mean, I bet I can make a pretty mean looking limited edition for $2K, does that mean I can sell it for a $10K profit? Doubt it...

Ben Mears
04-04-2008, 12:40 PM
oh.

If he got explicit permission from King to sell the prototype, then yes...and let's assume he spent some money to dummy up a prototype for King's approval (but obviously not $12K).

But, without that permission, then it definitley wouldn't be legal...it's just a question of whether King cares enough to stop it. It's EXACTLY the same thing as the 'Es' limited. Whether it's one copy or 500, it's still a bootleg.

I'm going on a limb and say that it was a design prototype with Potter art maybe, without the text. Unless King did give permission.

Twelve grand, though? I mean, I bet I can make a pretty mean looking limited edition for $2K, does that mean I can sell it for a $10K profit? Doubt it...

Rhafa,

If I understood the original post correctly the prototype was being offered along with a deluxe S/LE of 'Salem's Lot for $12,000. Figuring the deluxe at around $7500 assigns around $4500 for the prototype. I can't imagine Centipede jeopardizing any future opportunity with SK, nor can I imagine SK giving permission to sell (unless for charity) so most likely the prototype is dummy text with Potter's art. Too bad there aren't any pictures.

Rahfa
04-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Rhafa,

If I understood the original post correctly the prototype was being offered along with a deluxe S/LE of 'Salem's Lot for $12,000. Figuring the deluxe at around $7500 assigns around $4500 for the prototype. I can't imagine Centipede jeopardizing any future opportunity with SK, nor can I imagine SK giving permission to sell (unless for charity) so most likely the prototype is dummy text with Potter's art. Too bad there aren't any pictures.

Ah...got it. I didn't even notice the Salem's part...now it makes sense and $12K is very high, but not totally crazy, considering it might be unique Potter artwork.

And...now that you point it out, of course he'd do never anything to annoy SK and that relationship.

Brice
04-05-2008, 05:30 AM
Too bad there aren't any pictures.

There might actually be some somewhere I think. I know if I'd gone to the trouble of designing something like that I'd at least take pictures for myself before selling it.

Maybe, I'm wrong though. *shrug*

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 05:37 AM

There might actually be some somewhere I think. I know if I'd gone to the trouble of designing something like that I'd at least take pictures for myself before selling it.

I should have some pictures of the custom bound 'SALEM'S LOT by Monday. Supposedly four different binders worked on it and it is really supposed to be a thing of beauty. It's is one of only two copies done this way using the Centipede Press page block for the book. If I get the OK from Jerad I will post them here.

Brice
04-05-2008, 05:41 AM
That would be great! I'd love to see it.

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 05:43 AM
With regards to the "prototype" of the Centipede Press edition of THE SHINING:

According to Jerad:

"Another extra is the prospectus of The Shining, a nice
hardcover book detailing the specifics of the proposed Centipede Press
edition of The Shining, written to Mr King, with original artwork by JK
Potter. It is signed by JK and myself."

So unless I am reading this wrong it does not contain any text from THE SHINING and so there shouldn't be any concerns regarding copyrights.

Brice
04-05-2008, 05:50 AM
No, I think you're reading it right. It sounds to me like it is the proposed plan for it bound and signed.

Ben Mears
04-05-2008, 08:03 AM

I should have some pictures of the custom bound 'SALEM'S LOT by Monday. Supposedly four different binders worked on it and it is really supposed to be a thing of beauty. It's is one of only two copies done this way using the Centipede Press page block for the book. If I get the OK from Jerad I will post them here.

Bob,

Hopefully Jerad will give you the OK to post ics of the custom SL. I wonder how much nicer it can be than the deluxe leather edition. Also, I'll be curious to see if it is signed by SK. If it is that would mean either SK was willing to sign two more tip-ns (highly unlikely given his recent comments on the SL deluxe) or Jerad had extra, un-numbered signature sheets to go with a couple of unbound deluxes .

Brice
04-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm just guessing, but wouldn't a publisher maybe have some extras in case something happened to copies of the S/L?

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 08:52 AM

Bob,

Hopefully Jerad will give you the OK to post ics of the custom SL. I wonder how much nicer it can be than the deluxe leather edition. Also, I'll be curious to see if it is signed by SK. If it is that would mean either SK was willing to sign two more tip-ns (highly unlikely given his recent comments on the SL deluxe) or Jerad had extra, un-numbered signature sheets to go with a couple of unbound deluxes .

I know the answer to the signed limitation page question but I'd like to clear the answer with Jerad to see if it is OK to post it here. I'm sure it is but I'd just like to ask first.

Fsmdr
04-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Isn't there another edition of the custom bound unsigned copy of the Salem's lot?. I think it was only 24 copies made. It has grey leather boards and black slipcase.

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Isn't there another edition of the custom bound unsigned copy of the Salem's lot?. I think it was only 24 copies made. It has grey leather boards and black slipcase.

Stu Tinker had a local guy in Bangor custom bind about 24 copies of the Centipede Press page blocks. I think there were 12 in burgundy half leather (or quarter leather) and 12 in black/gray. They were nice but nothing too spectacular. From what Jerad says this current book he is offering is fantastic.

Fsmdr
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Do you know if all of the 24 copies has all the illustrations too, Bob?

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Do you know if all of the 24 copies has all the illustrations too, Bob?

I think they have the illustrations. Are you talking about having them bound in or as a separate portfolio? I know they didn't come with a separate portfolio.

I'll be home later this afternoon (I'm working this weekend) and will get them out and post photos of the two states. I can check them for illustrations at the same time.

Fsmdr
04-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Bound in. I seem to get the impression that not all the copies were bound including the illustrations. I might be wrong. Would you mind checking your copy?. Thanks.

Ben Mears
04-05-2008, 09:58 AM
From what Jerad says this current book he is offering is fantastic.

Bob,

Are you going to be one of the lucky two?

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Bob,

I kind of doubt it. The guy that did most of the binding is keeping one. The other is for sale.

Jerad is supposed to be sending me pictures tomorrow or Monday. He has offered it to me at a specific price and the ball is in my court as to whether or not to buy it. I'm pretty sure I will pass on buying it but I asked for photos before I decided. I have to admit that I am intriqued.

Ben Mears
04-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Bob,

I kind of doubt it. The guy that did most of the binding is keeping one. The other is for sale.

Jerad is supposed to be sending me pictures tomorrow or Monday. He has offered it to me at a specific price and the ball is in my court as to whether or not to buy it. I'm pretty sure I will pass on buying it but I asked for photos before I decided. I have to admit that I am intriqued.

Good luck with your decision. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Ari_Racing
04-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes. me too! :)

carlosdetweiller
04-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Bound in. I seem to get the impression that not all the copies were bound including the illustrations. I might be wrong. Would you mind checking your copy?. Thanks.

In 2007 Stu got about 24 unbound sets of pages from Centipede Press of their illustrated edition of 'SALEM'S LOT. Stu had a local binder do 12 each in black leather/gray boards and burgundy leather/boards. Each has a slipcase and has gold stamping on the spine and front.

The illustrations are present and bound in in both of my copies.

I think that these books are very nice but there is nothing really special about them. Just real nice editions of 'SALEM'S LOT. They are unsigned.

Here are some pics:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/bettssalems1.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/bettssalems2.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/carlosdetweiller/bettssalems3.jpg

Patrick
04-05-2008, 03:06 PM
They do look nice. And massive!

Ari_Racing
04-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Looks great! Only 24 made?

But I was talking about the shining proto! :D LOL I'd love to see it! :)

Fsmdr
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the pictures and the info, Bob. I did purchase the gray copy, being shipped to me. It is a massive book.

wizardsrainbow
04-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I own the grey copy and for a moment, considered taking it to Washington for King to sign, but the book is so massive, I just didn't want to lug it around. I am pretty ambivalent about owning this one, especially for the $$ Stu charged. Juliana, what did Stu charge you? I paid the offer price of $500.

Randall Flagg
04-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I seem to recall some discussion about the boxed set of these paperbacks:

Stephen King Carrie Salem's Lot Shift Shinning Boxed SC (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Carrie-Salems-Lot-Shift-Shinning-Boxed-SC_W0QQitemZ190212501231QQihZ009QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting )

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6519/boxsetfe0.jpg

Calla_Wolf
04-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Here's another one for Bob

Wrightson Art from Creepshow (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wrightson-Stephen-King-CREEPSHOW-Color-Original-Art_W0QQitemZ320237103255QQihZ011QQcategoryZ972QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

carlosdetweiller
04-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Here's another one for Bob

Wrightson Art from Creepshow (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wrightson-Stephen-King-CREEPSHOW-Color-Original-Art_W0QQitemZ320237103255QQihZ011QQcategoryZ972QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Thanks! I already had it on my watch list. The seller had seen that I had recently bought two other pages and sent me an e-mail through the eBay system.

I've already got a page from "The Crate" which this one is. I'd really like to get a page from one of the stories I don't have yet.

Ben Mears
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM

Bob,

Bob,

Any update?

carlosdetweiller
04-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Bob,

Bob,

Any update?

Yes, Jerad has asked that I not post any information about the book at this time. He would like all information/pictures to come from him.

Fsmdr
04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I own the grey copy and for a moment, considered taking it to Washington for King to sign, but the book is so massive, I just didn't want to lug it around. I am pretty ambivalent about owning this one, especially for the $$ Stu charged. Juliana, what did Stu charge you? I paid the offer price of $500.

$400. Then again, I puchased a ton of stuff during my visit. My receipt shows 19 items. I just got my shipment in too today...it was the size of 2 wine coolers!. Went a little overboard when I was there. :excited:

I actually competely forgot about the edition until Bob pointed it out to me. Chalk it up as my senior moment!.

Ben Mears
04-08-2008, 05:01 AM

Bob,

Bob,

Any update?

Yes, Jerad has asked that I not post any information about the book at this time. He would like all information/pictures to come from him.

Bob,

That's understandable. Are you going to get it?!

carlosdetweiller
04-08-2008, 06:54 AM

Bob,

I don't think so. It is a nice book but it is priced quite a bit more than I would consider paying.

carlosdetweiller
04-08-2008, 07:09 AM

$400. Then again, I puchased a ton of stuff during my visit. My receipt shows 19 items. I just got my shipment in too today...it was the size of 2 wine coolers!. Went a little overboard when I was there. :excited:

I actually competely forgot about the edition until Bob pointed it out to me. Chalk it up as my senior moment!.

$400 is a good price. I thought they were high at $500 but Stu's profit margin was really not all that great on the books. I think he paid over $300 per set of pages to Centipede Press. The binding for such a relatively small number of books in leather was pretty high too.

jhanic
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM

Bob,

I don't think so. It is a nice book but it is priced quite a bit more than I would consider paying.

I just got an email from Rocky Wood about this volume, offering it for sale. It's way beyond my means, but he included 11 pictures, and it looks really neat. He states in his email that

As my personal contacts I wanted you to know about this edition before it becomes generally known.

I'll hold off posting any of the pictures until a more formal announcement is made.

John

Randall Flagg
04-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Stephen King "The Monkey" Galley Proof 81 Charles Grant (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The-Monkey-Galley-Proof-81-Charles-Grant_W0QQitemZ200214222079QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

http://i17.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/e7/ae/3d08_1.JPG

herbertwest
04-10-2008, 07:33 PM
i dont know why but i bet it will interest Carlos...

Hutch
04-10-2008, 08:09 PM
i dont know why but i bet it will interest Carlos...

I don't think so ... he already has one

Calla_Wolf
04-11-2008, 03:13 AM
My money's on john hanic

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-11-2008, 03:50 AM
I'll hold off posting any of the pictures until a more formal announcement is made.

John

The pictures are on the forum at www.stephenkingcollector.com

I'm not that impressed by them.

jhanic
04-11-2008, 03:50 AM
I'm watching it, but I'm rather short on funds now. I think it'll go for more than I can afford at the current time. (I'm talking about the Monkey galley proof here.)

John

carlosdetweiller
04-11-2008, 03:55 AM

John

The pictures are on the forum at www.stephenkingcollector.com

I'm not that impressed by them.

I agree with you. As I told Jerad, I think that book will ultimately be bought by someone who sees it in person. I'm sure there is workmanship and quality in the binding that can't be seen in photographs. So much of a book's appeal, to me anyway, is tactile and olfactory in addition to visual. I suspect the leather feels and smells fantastic. And the endpapers too are supposed to be something really special. It just didn't look like a twelve thousand dollar book in the photos Jerad sent me.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-11-2008, 06:16 AM
I'm watching it, but I'm rather short on funds now. I think it'll go for more than I can afford at the current time. (I'm talking about the Monkey galley proof here.)

John

I think it will go quite high at the end of the bidding. (not by me, I might add)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-11-2008, 06:24 AM
I agree with you. As I told Jerad, I think that book will ultimately be bought by someone who sees it in person. I'm sure there is workmanship and quality in the binding that can't be seen in photographs. So much of a book's appeal, to me anyway, is tactile and olfactory in addition to visual. I suspect the leather feels and smells fantastic. And the endpapers too are supposed to be something really special. It just didn't look like a twelve thousand dollar book in the photos Jerad sent me.

I too love the smell and feel of good quality leather bound books.

The photos will never sell it at that price. Jerad needs to show the quality in the photos a lot better.

Incidently, when the leather is still attached to the methane machine, its not so tactile or sweet smelling. I know! And they wake me up at 5.00 am on my days off.

e_taylor
04-11-2008, 06:32 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/DARK-TOWER-VII-STEPHEN-KING-UNCUT-COPY-FULL-LINE_W0QQitemZ370039963537QQihZ024QQcategoryZ29223 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This item seems interesting. Not sure if it really adds anything, but its still a potentially one of a kind dark tower item. I was going to bid, but when I asked the shipping rate to Canada, I was told it was the 34.95 for international shipping, and that if I didn't like it I should find another copy from another seller (all in caps of course) which turned me right off the seller and item.

Ari_Racing
04-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I really understood this wrongly. Did anyone receive a pic of the shining's prototipe.
Does anyone have pics of it?

Cutter
04-11-2008, 03:56 PM
I really understood this wrongly. Did anyone receive a pic of the shining's prototipe.
Does anyone have pics of it?
No Ari, people received pictures of a custom 'Salem's Lot by Jerad that's being sold for $12,000.

Personally I like the book, I just don't like the price tag. Sure that would be a great book for $2,000, but not $12,000.

Ari_Racing
04-12-2008, 06:41 AM
alright. :) Thanks!

But someone mentioned a Shining prototipe? Or am I THAT crazy?

Brice
04-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Yes, you are. :P

....but yes, they did also. :D

carlosdetweiller
04-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Did any of the forum members bid on/win this auction for Stories of Suspense?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320235428940&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Ben Mears
04-12-2008, 09:31 AM
alright. :) Thanks!

But someone mentioned a Shining prototipe? Or am I THAT crazy?

Ari,

It comes with the prospectus Centipede used in their proposal to SK for the limited edition of The Shining that was turned down. Most likely a sample chapter with JK Potter artwork.

Ari_Racing
04-12-2008, 09:38 AM
oh :) THANKS!!

And no pics of it anyone?

Brice
04-12-2008, 09:42 AM
I haven't seen any.

EXPLORER
04-12-2008, 10:33 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320235428940&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

I know of the one who put the $1255.55 bid and was hoping to win.
I had mentioned it to this friend who desired to add it to his collecction.
He was a bit dissapointed. He recently became a traveler in this realm.

herbertwest
04-13-2008, 01:43 AM

woaw!

jhanic
04-13-2008, 12:17 PM

I was considering it, but my max of $500 wouldn't have done too well. I knew this, so I didn't even bother. :P

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-14-2008, 02:55 AM

To answer the question, yes, several members of this forum placed bids on this item.

How do I know? Well eBay's attempt at hiding identities is flawed to say the least. It's very easy to find out who the bidders are. I sussed out all the bidders for this item in less than 10 minutes. Here's a few tips how to do it, if you are really bored.

The bidder identity is made up of 2 characters and three stars. Ignore the stars. The most important thing is the feedback number. This changes as the bidder receives more feedback, which makes it easy to confirm who it is.

Print a screen dump of the bidders. (Saves writing things down)
Go to a well known SK seller on eBay and look at their feedback as a seller.
Look for the feedback number of the one you are looking for from the print-out. You will find there is only one person with that feedback number. Hard to believe, but mostly true.
The 2 characters are also in the name, but they could be in any order, totally random.
Simple as that. You have your bidders.

Why would you do it? Bored, curious, nosey. In my case boredom at work.

EXPLORER
04-14-2008, 03:12 AM
To answer the question, yes, several members of this forum placed bids on this item.

How do I know? Well eBay's attempt at hiding identities is flawed to say the least. It's very easy to find out who the bidders are. I sussed out all the bidders for this item in less than 10 minutes. Here's a few tips how to do it, if you are really bored.

The bidder identity is made up of 2 characters and three stars. Ignore the stars. The most important thing is the feedback number. This changes as the bidder receives more feedback, which makes it easy to confirm who it is.

Print a screen dump of the bidders. (Saves writing things down)
Go to a well known SK seller on eBay and look at their feedback as a seller.
Look for the feedback number of the one you are looking for from the print-out. You will find there is only one person with that feedback number. Hard to believe, but mostly true.
The 2 characters are also in the name, but they could be in any order, totally random.
Simple as that. You have your bidders. THIS WILLL BE MORE DIFFICULT AS FEEDBACK AGES..I BELIEVE....

COMFORTING TO SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS..... OR TOO MUCH CURIOUSITY..

Why would you do it? Bored, curious, nosey. In my case boredom at work.[/QUOTE]

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CAT?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-14-2008, 03:19 AM
THIS WILLL BE MORE DIFFICULT AS FEEDBACK AGES..I BELIEVE....

COMFORTING TO SEE I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS..... OR TOO MUCH CURIOUSITY..

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE CAT?

Actually, it makes it easier. The feedback number updates in the old history. It does not stay the same.

Whatever happened to the cat? It went the same way as the band of the same name. :D

wizardsrainbow
04-14-2008, 04:14 AM
Remind me never to hire you for a job! LOL!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Remind me never to hire you for a job! LOL!

Wise man. I actually made it to lunch time today, then came home.

jhanic
04-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Stephen King "The Monkey" Galley Proof 81 Charles Grant (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The-Monkey-Galley-Proof-81-Charles-Grant_W0QQitemZ200214222079QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

http://i17.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/e7/ae/3d08_1.JPG

Mike, I see that you were the winning bidder on this! Congratulations! I'd have given you some competition, but I'm pretty short on funds right now!

John

Pasiuk57
04-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I hope it's nice!!
We'll see when it arrives.

wizardsrainbow
04-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Congrats on the new purchase Mike!

Patrick
04-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Congrats, Mike.

Mr. R.T., you're cracking me up with your timewasting endeavors. :lol:

carlosdetweiller
04-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll bet this guy went to the Three Kings signing.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1087129668&searchurl=an%3Dking%2Bstephen%26bi%3D0%26bsi%3D30% 26bx%3Don%26ds%3D30%26kn%3Dking%2BNOT%2Baudio%2BNO T%2Baudiobook%2BNOT%2Baudiobooks%2BNOT%2Bacceptabl e%2BNOT%2Bcambridge%26prl%3D20%26sortby%3D0%26x%3D 0%26y%3D0

jhanic
04-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I won't take that bet!

John

herbertwest
04-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Moth... what is the story inside?

Bev Vincent
04-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Moth. (Orono): (Blanket Conspiracy) (1970). An off-campus publication done while King was still a student at the University of Maine in Orono. King contributes three poems, "The Dark Man," "Donovan's Brain" and "Silence." Tabitha Spruce -- later Tabitha King -- also contributes six poems.

Fsmdr
04-16-2008, 04:13 PM
I think this one sold for below market price . Any opinions?.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360041611293

Room 217 Caretaker
04-16-2008, 04:39 PM

IMO A little below market. I told my wife it will stop around $3500. I wasn't far off.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

EXPLORER
04-16-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll bet this guy went to the Three Kings signing.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1087129668&searchurl=an%3Dking%2Bstephen%26bi%3D0%26bsi%3D30% 26bx%3Don%26ds%3D30%26kn%3Dking%2BNOT%2Baudio%2BNO T%2Baudiobook%2BNOT%2Baudiobooks%2BNOT%2Bacceptabl e%2BNOT%2Bcambridge%26prl%3D20%26sortby%3D0%26x%3D 0%26y%3D0

I think that was a very smart thing to take.....Is this a person from this realm?

wizardsrainbow
04-17-2008, 02:55 AM

IMO A little below market. I told my wife it will stop around $3500. I wasn't far off.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

This is a book I would love to own. Chris Bakely has offered his many times (and to me privately) but I can't justify $4,000+. The workmanship is pretty great though.

Randall Flagg
04-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Letters From Hell (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Broadside-Letters-From-Hell-Signed-1988_W0QQitemZ290222759018QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4092Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) with starting price the same as original issue price ($125)
Less than 2 days till end.

Randall Flagg
04-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Dark Tower V press kit and t-shirt (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Rare-Promo-Dark-Tower-Presskit-Tshirt_W0QQitemZ200217603925QQihZ010QQcategoryZ377 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Dreamcatcher facsimile promo draft (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dreamcatcher-8-Page-FACSIMILE-promo-DRAFT_W0QQitemZ350048920793QQihZ022QQcategoryZ2922 3QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Randall Flagg
04-20-2008, 10:13 AM
The Green Mile promo kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-The-Green-Mile-Promo-Lot_W0QQitemZ330229808169QQihZ014QQcategoryZ201QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) Starting at $5. 2+ days left.

Promo lot
Includes"
2 Wooden Magnets (different)
2 Disc Screen Savers
1 Pin back Button
1 Book Mark
1 Promo Metal Key with Fringe with "The Green Mile" stamped on it

http://i10.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/eb/0a/6234_1.JPG

http://i16.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/eb/0a/f7c7_1.JPG

Ricky
04-20-2008, 10:34 AM
That is pretty cool for The Green Mile. I want one! :dance:

Matt
04-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I like that metal key a lot. :rock:

herbertwest
04-21-2008, 01:38 AM
the green mile one is really really nice!

Ari_Racing
04-23-2008, 07:46 AM
Wolves of the calla original cover art for SC edition:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wrightson-Cover-Painting-Kings-Wolves-of-the-Calla_W0QQitemZ110244657542QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6043 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wizardsrainbow
04-23-2008, 11:51 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wrightson-Cover-Painting-Kings-Wolves-of-the-Calla_W0QQitemZ110244657542QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6043 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I looked and looked and looked at this over the weekend and in the end decided to pass, even though I SO BADLY WANT IT! I have enough art and major purchases I am now discussing with my better half.

I let Bob know, but he did not step up either.

I think it is a really good price for an original Wrightson painting.

carlosdetweiller
04-23-2008, 01:05 PM

I looked and looked and looked at this over the weekend and in the end decided to pass, even though I SO BADLY WANT IT! I have enough art and major purchases I am now discussing with my better half.

I let Bob know, but he did not step up either.

I think it is a really good price for an original Wrightson painting.

As you said, I did not bid on it either but I really appreciate you letting me know about it. The painting is nice but it just really didn't "move me." I thought about it a lot over the past few days though.

Chooch
04-23-2008, 04:16 PM
What does anyone think of this???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Signed-Ltd-The-Bear-Moving-finger-1st_W0QQitemZ330230858888QQihZ014QQcategoryZ29223Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does it look like a good signature??

Fsmdr
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
What does anyone think of this???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Signed-Ltd-The-Bear-Moving-finger-1st_W0QQitemZ330230858888QQihZ014QQcategoryZ29223Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does it look like a good signature??

Yes. Those are issued as a signed limited edition by the publisher.

Randall Flagg
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
It is authentic, but if you are patient you can find it for less. I bought one a couple of weeks ago for ~$108.

oy-the-brave
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wrightson-Cover-Painting-Kings-Wolves-of-the-Calla_W0QQitemZ110244657542QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6043 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemI looked and looked and looked at this over the weekend and in the end decided to pass, even though I SO BADLY WANT IT! I have enough art and major purchases I am now discussing with my better half.

You are welcome to come see it anytime :)

I know I keep talking about medical bills which will be a big hit but I have good credit (and a card with a high limit 8) ) plus it looks like I may have finally sold my printing equipment so I jumped at a once in a lifetime chance to own an original cover painting.

I am going to have to hide my credit card now.

Thanks for posting about it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/c075_1.jpg

idlewarnings
04-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Congrats on the new painting, Oy! :rock:

Ari_Racing
04-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Congratulations!

Did you bought it directly from Berni? Aparently they ended auction early.

jhanic
04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Congratulations, Dave! A great acquisition!

John

oy-the-brave
04-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Congratulations!

Did you bought it directly from Berni? Aparently they ended auction early.

Yes I got it direct from Berni, dealt with Liz I assume his wife (very nice to deal with).

When I first saw the post about the painting the auction was done, I assumed it had ended without a bid. I contacted them thru Ebay and over the next 2 hours we emailed back and forth until a deal was done.

She indicated there were others that had contacted them after the auction ended that were interested.

Fsmdr
04-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Congrats, that's really cool!. Please do post pictures when you get it. Would love to see it framed.

wizardsrainbow
04-24-2008, 02:47 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wrightson-Cover-Painting-Kings-Wolves-of-the-Calla_W0QQitemZ110244657542QQihZ001QQcategoryZ6043 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemI looked and looked and looked at this over the weekend and in the end decided to pass, even though I SO BADLY WANT IT! I have enough art and major purchases I am now discussing with my better half.
You are welcome to come see it anytime :)

I know I keep talking about medical bills which will be a big hit but I have good credit (and a card with a high limit 8) ) plus it looks like I may have finally sold my printing equipment so I jumped at a once in a lifetime chance to own an original cover painting.

I am going to have to hide my credit card now.

Thanks for posting about it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/c075_1.jpg

FANTASTIC Dave! I feel so much better knowing where it is going. I may just have to come look at it as well as your Phil Hale original. I love that one too.

Great job!

carlosdetweiller
04-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Sincere congratulations, Dave, on getting that painting. Wrightson is great. I'll bet it becomes one of your very favorites once you get it framed and hung.

turtlex
04-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Wow, oy, very cool.
And thanks to all for posting about auctions and stuff that come up. I can't afford any of them right now, but it's fun to watch (especially since you guys seem to win most of them!).

Patrick
04-24-2008, 03:36 PM
That's a beautiful painting, Dave. Congratulations!

The auction said that you can have it personalized. Are you?

oy-the-brave
04-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks everyone.

I will definately post pics when it's framed and hung, I can't wait to see it up close.

I am sure it will be a favorite, I really like the painting more than I would have thought since it does not show all of Roland. I feel very lucky to have had a shot at it.

I did not choose to have it personalized to me, I feel that would have been defacing the painting. I am curious what others think would you have a painting like this personalized? I did however get Him to send with the painting a personalized/signed dust jacket :excited:

I just checked the tracking number Liz sent and apparently they sent it overnight so I should have it in my hands tomorrow.

P.S. I am thinking about selling my Green Mile s/l to help pay for this painting, is there a proper thread to offer it in, or would I just start a thread?

carlosdetweiller
04-24-2008, 06:09 PM
I did not choose to have it personalized to me, I feel that would have been defacing the painting. I am curious what others think would you have a painting like this personalized?

No, not in a million years.

wizardsrainbow
04-25-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm with Bob. I would never personalize a painting.

carlosdetweiller
04-25-2008, 04:00 AM
I'm with Bob. I would never personalize a painting.

I sort of see myself as a caretaker for some of these paintings. I'm lucky enough to be able to own a few of them for a few short years but (hopefully) they will one day find new homes and then new homes after that. To have my name scrawled on one of the paintings (even if done by the artist) to be seen by fans of the works a hundred years from now seems very, very wrong to me.

herbertwest
04-25-2008, 04:13 AM
By looking a wee bit about Brian Keene (from his website) ive seen that his books looks pretty cheap from:
https://www.horror-mall.com/ (linked to the official website)
however there are absolutely nothing written about delivery fees, and even less for abroad... does anyone know?
(as well as which book will you recommend?)

from the same store (see above), there are some items that could interest some people?

http://www.horror-mall.com/images/P/Blaze.jpg
BLAZE slipcased 1st edition (http://www.horror-mall.com/BLAZE-slipcased-1st-edition-by-Stephen-King-writing-as-Richard-Bachman-p-17020.html)
i think that this is the 1st time i hear about this slipcase...

CASTLE ROCK Newsletter Stephen King (almost comple.. 2 missing) (https://www.horror-mall.com/CASTLE-ROCK-Newsletter-Stephen-King-p-16724.html)
($750 looks expensive to me, but if someone...)

some Castle ROck being sell by a french store on ebay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&satitle=castle+rock&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=galaxie-andromede&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=)

oh and a cheap limited chapbook:
BOOK OF SOULS by Jack Ketchum (Limited Edition) (http://www.horror-mall.com/BOOK-OF-SOULS-by-Jack-Ketchum-Limited-Edition-p-17848.html)

herbertwest
04-25-2008, 04:36 AM
Spanish people in here?

1st SPA ed of Carrie? -- looks cheap.... (http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=123800214&searchurl=an%3Dstephen%2Bking%26kn%3D1976%26sts%3D t%26tn%3Dcarrie%26x%3D0%26y%3D0)
Ari?

jhanic
04-25-2008, 04:43 AM
The Blaze first edition in slipcase is also available from the publisher (of the slipcase):

Blaze and slipcase (http://www.overlookconnection.com/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=7395)

They're asking more for it than Horror-Mall, though!

John

Ari_Racing
04-25-2008, 04:54 AM
That Carrie is not a first edition and besides it's extremely expensive. I got mine for 10 dollars not so long ago.

Bev Vincent
04-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Overlook is also doing Gunslinger Born (omnibus and installment versions) and Duma Key slipcases.

Cutter
04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
By looking a wee bit about Brian Keene (from his website) ive seen that his books looks pretty cheap from:
however there are absolutely nothing written about delivery fees, and even less for abroad... does anyone know?
[/URL]
As far as I've heard delivery fees are pretty good. They have a lot of people from the UK and Australia that order regularly, I'm sure France wouldn't be too bad.

If you want to try Keene, get The Rising, Ghoul or Terminal paperbacks. This would be a cheap way to find out what the reader is about. If you like short stories his collection Fear of Gravity can be found in paperback and is pretty good.

Also some real good things are being said about his new novel Kill Whitey, which was just released this week from Cemetery Dance. People who have read the proof really liked it.

Calla_Wolf
04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
[quote=herbertwest;155343]
As far as I've heard delivery fees are pretty good. They have a lot of people from the UK and Australia that order regularly, I'm sure France wouldn't be too bad.

If you want to try Keene, get The Rising, Ghoul or Terminal paperbacks. This would be a cheap way to find out what the reader is about. If you like short stories his collection Fear of Gravity can be found in paperback and is pretty good.

Also some real good things are being said about his new novel Kill Whitey, which was just released this week from Cemetery Dance. People who have read the proof really liked it.

I'm a UK buyer and I think they're very fair.

Agree completely with gguthrie's choices - I LOVED Terminal. Earthworm Gods was also a great read (Conqueror Worms in paperback)

Can't wait to read Kill Whitey. Am reading The Hollow at the moment tho.

turtlex
04-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Did you see this? 179! Seems a low number, the buy it now is 7000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Dark-Tower-III-VII-Signed-Limited-Ed_W0QQitemZ180235554430QQihZ008QQcategoryZ377QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

herbertwest
04-26-2008, 02:13 AM
[/URL]

thanks very much for your answers and Calla's
(Calla: any idea of what range are the shipping?)

Calla_Wolf
04-26-2008, 12:30 PM
No mate - as far as I remember they use only one international shipping option and they charge only what they're charged

Fsmdr
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
I already own this or else I'd definitely go for it. Only $99 and 2 days to go:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110245962724&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

carlosdetweiller
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
A few weeks ago there was some discussion about changes in the eBay feedback policy. I have forgotten the specifics. I think there was mention of a change where a seller's feedback to a buyer wouldn't count towards the feedback rating, i.e. a seller couldn't give retaliatory negative feedback.

Did I imagine this? Has there been a change implemented? Could someone tell me the specifics?

Thanks.

EXPLORER
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
A few weeks ago there was some discussion about changes in the eBay feedback policy. I have forgotten the specifics. I think there was mention of a change where a seller's feedback to a buyer wouldn't count towards the feedback rating, i.e. a seller couldn't give retaliatory negative feedback.

Did I imagine this? Has there been a change implemented? Could someone tell me the specifics?

Thanks.
Bob,
ebay sent msg 4/22
Feedback changes to benefit sellers
eBay's making some important changes to Feedback in May to boost buyer confidence and improve the eBay marketplace. The changes include important protections for sellers against unfair negative Feedback. Negative or neutral Feedback will be removed when it appears a buyer is abusing the system. If you think this is happening to you, report to eBay by using the Contact Us link on any eBay Help page. We'll also remove Feedback when a buyer doesn't respond to an Unpaid Item (UPI) report, or if buyer responds but doesn't specifically call out seller performance, item condition or transaction problems.
Jim

carlosdetweiller
04-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks, Jim.

I finally found what I was looking for. It says these changes go into effect in May, 2008. I really hope that as buyers we no longer have to worry about retaliatory negative feedback.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html

jhanic
04-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Very informative! It's about time!

John

namelessnpoor
05-02-2008, 01:08 PM
I thought some of you may be interested in this item, i have never seen or heard of it before. It has som ebids already, possibly some of you on here.
I know a lot of you collect this type of stuff.
Promotional magazine for Bag of Bones release !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Stephen-King-Promotional-Magazine-still-sealed_W0QQitemZ290224364233QQihZ019QQcategoryZ377 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Patrick
05-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Interesting. I've never heard of that one. Good luck, bidders.

carlosdetweiller
05-03-2008, 12:24 PM
I thought some of you may be interested in this item, i have never seen or heard of it before. It has som ebids already, possibly some of you on here.
I know a lot of you collect this type of stuff.
Promotional magazine for Bag of Bones release !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Stephen-King-Promotional-Magazine-still-sealed_W0QQitemZ290224364233QQihZ019QQcategoryZ377 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think those were handed out in Chicago at a signing event for BAG OF BONES. I think that was the only venue that had them. They used to sell for $40-$50 but will probably go for less now. It's a nice magazine.

jhanic
05-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I was willing to go $50 for it, but I forgot to bid. (Actually, I got watching Rebecca on TCM.) It went for more than that anyway.

John

herbertwest
05-07-2008, 02:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130220850393&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 130220850393%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1"]i am laughing my ass off (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130220850393&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D 130220850393%2509%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1)!

ebay # 130220850393

the 1st worldwide editions of the green mile 1... FR
what makes me laugh is... the prices!

starting bid at: (approximately US $1,539.25)
with a reserve... and a BIN price at... (approximately US $15,548.00)

you gotta be kidding me... more than a set of limited DT?
obviously someone that doesnt know anything about SK...
the description is even wrong: it is not signed, it is a fac simile... and some appeared on ebay... "only 300 copies for the whole world" it is a the french ed...

I wish for him to sell it, but... NO WAY! (and with 2 negative evaluations...)

BTW, if someone could be interested by that, ive got a second copy that i will sell this summer... (you can make me an offer :-)
= 1st edition worldwide (published before the US, i dont have details on this computer), there is a fac simile of sig... hardcover, 300 copies published available out of commerce

Cutter
05-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Interesting. I've never heard of that one. Good luck, bidders.

It's pretty cool, it's just like a regular magazine, but the topics are all King. Here's the contents:

• Motion Pictures / Television Movies
• A Personal History
• An Interview with Stephen King
• 25 Years of Stephen King
• Bag of Bones (a preview)
• King on the Web
• Publishing King
• Bag of Bones (an excerpt)

Also a image of all my Bag of Bones items. The magazine is in the bottom left corner.
http://www.gusfromcbus.com/authorpages/stephenking/images/bagofbones_all1.gif

herbertwest
05-09-2008, 04:17 AM
have send some emailsto the seller, and apparently he took notes of some of my remarks...

here is the same offer than before, but definitely more reasonnable price (I mean the opportunity to bid)
(http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-KING-The-Green-Mile-Signed-FRENCH-Limited-Ed_W0QQitemZ130220850393QQihZ003QQcategoryZ32643QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

see my previous message to get further details about it..

please take note that i own a second copy of it, if anyone is interested...

jhanic
05-09-2008, 04:59 AM
Herbert, the seller says the edition is signed and numbered. Is that really a numbered edition? I've never seen reference to that.

John

Cutter
05-09-2008, 12:37 PM
If anyone cares, Subterranean Press found 3 copies of the signed/numbered edition of the Green Mile, and they are selling these for $930 at Sub press right now.

herbertwest
05-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Herbert, the seller says the edition is signed and numbered. Is that really a numbered edition? I've never seen reference to that.

John

I asked him what he meant, and a picture of the page with the facsimile.
I reckon that its just a bad translation, and that he meant "numbered limited" would means that there is only 300 copies...
but i expect an answer (hopefully).

I am maybe wrong, coz there is something weird about this book (not really weird... just i honnestly dont know... and btw, i dont mean with HIS auction)

of this book (french limited tgm1), there is supposed to be 300copies, which were sent to the winners to a contest organised in France.
I've got 2 copies of it (including one with the letter) and both are without any number or anything, just the facsimile and message by SK.
on the other hand, i've seen couple of copies with a "stamped" number.
i've seen 000137, and 000233. why the "000" before? no idea
those didnt have any letter with it... and they seems to be EXACTLY THE SAMES.
were some of the 300 stamped and others no? I have NO IDEA. Is there more than 300? No idea and guess will never knoz (except if get a number over)
where does "numbered" comes from? the guess would be the results of the contests... (coz in the letter is written "one of the 300 winners"), but why they dont have all a number and i have one with a letter?
my first thought when i saw one if a number, was that bloody hell someone stamped it like a library... but then a second appear....

Once, Callah had one numbered (was on ebay.. saw that callah was interested so didnt go in a bidwar... then he sold it.. :cry: )

is the current copy with a number? you can email him if you want to know... he will probably be more keen to send you a pic if you look interested.. coz he knows that i aint...

What's your opinion about that?
(PS: this is the ONLY french limited)

jhanic
05-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I may email him tomorrow. I'm just curious!

John

herbertwest
05-10-2008, 02:41 AM
here is the answer:

"This is a limited french edition, hardcover, gift edition*, 300 copies for the whole world. This is a really really scarce edition.
the picture on ebay shows the whole page. i ve got a letter from the publisher as proof and authentifiying what i say in the auction"

(*if this means that was not available for sell! in french "hors commerce")

SO: no "numbered... limited" was a "bad translation"

Brice
05-10-2008, 03:51 AM
How much would you guess one of these would be worth really?

Pasiuk57
05-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Not sure if anyone is interested but I have two signed limiteds available on Ebay
Skeleton Crew #41
and
The House next Door Lettered #H
Just if anyone is interested...
Pasiuk57

Rahfa
05-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Has anyone noticed the multiple auctions for the limited edition of "Es" that have shown up lately? All listed at $599-$649, which is a good price, and the seller has been left a positive feedback for one...

Anyway...it was odd seeing so many all at once, even listed in 'original shipping box.' Anybody ask the seller any questions?

herbertwest
05-12-2008, 01:18 AM
How much would you guess one of these would be worth really?

i would say that 200€( by $310) would be the common price for it... you may be able to find one for cheaper, but then it's luck (just like someone have recently found a pristine RAGE for $1).
but, value also depends of how much an item is desired or what someone can afford for a book (e.g. : i bet that carlos is more willing to pay really huge bucks than me :p )

herbertwest
05-14-2008, 01:05 AM
SIGNED BATMAN 400 COMIC BOOK 5 SIGNATURES (http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGNED-BATMAN-400-COMIC-BOOK-5-SIGNATURES_W0QQitemZ140231602517QQihZ004QQcategory Z155268QQcmdZViewItem)

Not signed by King, but who knows? could interest someone, especially at this price ($9.99)

Ari_Racing
05-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Two more:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SALEMS-LOT-VAMPIRE-SOIL-NECKLACE-Stephen-King_W0QQitemZ150246403980QQihZ005QQcategoryZ1523Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SALEMS-LOT-VAMPIRE-SOIL-NECKLACE-Stephen-King_W0QQitemZ150246403951QQihZ005QQcategoryZ153QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ari_Racing
05-14-2008, 12:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/MONTANA-CUJO-Stephen-King-License-Plate-MT_W0QQitemZ300224153773QQihZ020QQcategoryZ20279QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

carlosdetweiller
05-18-2008, 03:58 AM
Am I missing something here? In my estimation this book should sell for about $10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150246437620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

natehorning
05-18-2008, 04:45 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I had never heard of it before so I did a book search to see how much they are offered for and was shocked to see some for less than $20. Unless I am missing something too, someone is being taken to the cleaners.

Nate

CRinVA
05-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Am I missing something here? In my estimation this book should sell for about $10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150246437620&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

I've noticed that ALL of the CD auctions seem to sell very high! Not sure why though!

Sir_Boomme
05-18-2008, 06:48 AM
the bidders are idiots, i guess.
i actually don't have this book... just an oversight - but now hopefully i do.
i just sent stu at bett's an email telling him i wanted the one he has for sale ... a fine copy: $10.00

they are available elsewhere for similar prices.... but i trust stu's evaluation of the condition.

on the CD ebay auction....
just curious, what did mindy start the listing price out as? was under 19.00 bucks for sure.
gonna make a killing on this one. looks like two or three nieve newbie bidders caught up in the moment...that don't know where or how to research book values.

Clacke
05-18-2008, 08:44 AM
on the CD ebay auction....
just curious, what did mindy start the listing price out as? was under 19.00 bucks for sure.
gonna make a killing on this one. looks like two or three nieve newbie bidders caught up in the moment...that don't know where or how to research book values.

According to the CD website, all their auctions started at 99 cents! :o
They're doing very well on a lot of those listings.

Calla_Wolf
05-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Same old story - lack of research = getting screwed. NO blame on CD - their auction is honest, if a little....enthusiastic. But then again, so were mine when I was selling. They're hardly going to describe it as a "fairly common paperback"

Rahfa
05-18-2008, 03:11 PM
It's impossible to get screwed at an auction. You are paying exactly what you want to pay! Haha...

Actually, looking at the bidders, with one bidder with a bunch of feedback going against one with zero feedback, it makes me sort of wonder anyway. I mean, the market is terrible, but all of a sudden some random guy out of the blue overpays by hundreds of $$ for some non-limited book? Hmmm...I hope CD collects on it, regardless of the final sale price...

carlosdetweiller
05-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Well, it sold for $585 to a knowledgeable King collector so now I'm really confused.

I've got a copy that I got for about $10 but mine is a 5th Edition. This auction was for a 4th Edition. Could it be that the 4th Edition is the true first appearance of this early King story? And that the 4th Edition is very scarce?

Sir_Boomme
05-18-2008, 06:34 PM

Well, it sold for $585 to a knowledgeable King collector so now I'm really confused.

I've got a copy that I got for about $10 but mine is a 5th Edition. This auction was for a 4th Edition. Could it be that the 4th Edition is the true first appearance of this early King story? And that the 4th Edition is very scarce?

??? beats me... how do you know it was a 4th? since it doesn't state that in the auction... did you ask CD ( and since when are you back on speaking terms with them? :D )

pasiuk... i know him...but forget who he actually is.

could it be that it was his book... and since CD was selling it... rather he himself...
he bid it up and got caught with a bit to much bid at the last minute?

can't understand the why here either... so i'm makin' things up...things that make me go hmmmmm....

carlosdetweiller
05-18-2008, 06:42 PM

??? beats me... how do you know it was a 4th? since it doesn't state that in the auction... did you ask CD ( and since when are you back on speaking terms with them? :D )

The picture of the book in the auction has the words "Fourth Edition" at the top of the front cover.

I'm still not sure of the significance of the edition number, if any. Maybe Mike will post something about his winning the auction.

Pasiuk57
05-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey guys.....
I looked everywhere for this book and could not find it.
I could not find it anywhere and I did not have it.
There might be some "shill" bidding involved, now that I study it closely.
I will contact CD in the am and talk to them about it.
I see some real weird bidding names on it I do not recognize. I think I recognized John Hanic at $40??
Maybe the fourth edition is the original printing....not sure if that could be the case???
I saw the book, did not have it, checked all the sources I had with no avail, and have not seen it before....
Guess I will take it to the grave!!!!
Mike

Fsmdr
05-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I looked around for this book just now. There was a few editions printed. The latest being a 5th edition printed in 1996. The 4th edition was printed in 1990-1993.

Here's a few of them, although most seems to be only in VG condition.
http://www.biblio.com/search.php?author=&title=Market+Guide+for+Young+Writers&keyisbn=&isbn=&stage=1

Sir_Boomme
05-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey guys.....
I looked everywhere for this book and could not find it.
I could not find it anywhere and I did not have it.
There might be some "shill" bidding involved, now that I study it closely.
I will contact CD in the am and talk to them about it.
I see some real weird bidding names on it I do not recognize. I think I recognized John Hanic at $40??
Maybe the fourth edition is the original printing....not sure if that could be the case???
I saw the book, did not have it, checked all the sources I had with no avail, and have not seen it before....
Guess I will take it to the grave!!!!
Mike

btw... mike... my post above was tongue-in-cheek - as if you hadn't figured that out yet.
i'm not thinking there was shill bidding- on your part or CD's... i just couldn't understand why you bid that high.
i understood the other guy... he had a zero bid history and appeared to be a newbie...but you're usually on top of things... so that wasn't making sense to me...especially since bett's has a 5th edition one for 10 bucks (that i've emailed stu to reserve for me- i plan to buy it from stu and sell it to bob for 300.00 )

hence the statement..."pasiuk... i know him...but forget who he actually is." - as in...was that really mike that bid that high on this book?:scared:
hey... it is a fourth edition... while the rest of us mortals - even bob- only have the 5th edition...right?

jhanic
05-19-2008, 03:42 AM
That wasn't me. I also have a 5th.

John

carlosdetweiller
05-19-2008, 04:38 AM
...especially since bett's has a 5th edition one for 10 bucks (that i've emailed stu to reserve for me- i plan to buy it from stu and sell it to bob for 300.00 )

Sorry, but I wouldn't pay a penny over $275 for a 5th edition.

Pasiuk57
05-19-2008, 08:19 AM
OK, I give-Probably the most idiotic thing I've done in a while BUT there is good news to come out of this.
I spoke with Cemetery Dance and they will sell the book to someone else.
I am off the hook for the purchase.
TRULY nice on their part. I do a lot of business with them too BUT it was GREAT on their part to let the purchase slide!
I'm a happy camper.....dumb but happy!!
I thank you all for the info!

carlosdetweiller
05-19-2008, 08:53 AM

That's good news and really commendable on CD's part.

jhanic
05-19-2008, 08:57 AM
I agree! I wouldn't have expected that from them!

John

Pasiuk57
05-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Of course, I whole heartedly agree with you both!

Cutter
05-19-2008, 09:33 AM
yea, congrats for getting out of that. whew!

Actually John I'm not surprised. We all give CD a lot of crap, but when anyone has asked back for their money on pre-orders they've come through. Actually earlier this summer I decided to ask back for all my pre-orders, except the King stuff, and they paid my $1,500 in about a week. Bob's refund was slow, but that was a lot of money, and they eventually gave it all back.

I've also returned books I didn't like, and they refunded my money.

Randall Flagg
05-19-2008, 02:36 PM
OK, I give-Probably the most idiotic thing I've done in a while BUT there is good news to come out of this.
TRULY nice on their part. I do a lot of business with them too BUT it was GREAT on their part to let the purchase slide!

Damn. I guess I'm still the biggest fool. (TGWLTG promo for several hundred dollars):cry:

herbertwest
05-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Pet Sematary (BBC Radio Collection) [Audiobook]
Does anyone know if it is like the audio version of the mist, or just the story being read?

Bev Vincent
05-21-2008, 12:24 PM
It's a dramatization, like a radio play. The actor who does Rachel's voice is shrill and annoying, in my opinion!

herbertwest
05-21-2008, 11:00 PM
thanks

EXPLORER
05-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Pet Sematary (BBC Radio Collection) [Audiobook] (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Sematary-BBC-Radio-Collection/dp/0563381027)
Does anyone know if it is like the audio version of the mist, or just the story being read?

I love audiobooks...listen to them all the time, however Pet Sematary dramatization is "the one" I can not listen to. I have tried multiple times and can't get past a few minutes of it.

Patrick
05-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Damn. I guess I'm still the biggest fool. (TGWLTG promo for several hundred dollars):cry:

Mike, congrats on getting out of that purchase. That was very nice of CD to allow that - kudos to them!

Jerome, I can't remember that story, what was the promo item?

Randall Flagg
05-23-2008, 06:07 AM
Jerome, I can't remember that story, what was the promo item?
It was an advertising mock up of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon pop up book. Worth ~$20.

Brice
05-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Ouch! ><

Ari_Racing
05-23-2008, 07:51 AM
and how much did you paid for it? :(

NeedfulKings
05-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Jerome, I'm not glad that you're still the reigning fool ( ;) ) , but I'm glad Mike got out of the auction. So, did CD still get over $500 for it???

In my early eBay days, I overpaid for quite a few things. I tend to do most of my foolish damage at bookstores when I don't have resaerch available. The ole' "bird in the hand..." bullcrap! :p

I paid $35 for Rose Madder ARC, $125 for SoS Artist Edition, etc.

I made up by paying $100 for a Gunslinger 2nd (sold it for $250) and $4 for Rage 1st U.S. (still got that bad boy!).

Randall Flagg
05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
and how much did you paid for it? :(
>$400.
Ouch><

Pasiuk57
05-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Not sure what CD got for the book?
They were super nice to me however!

Speaking of audiobooks. I could not get into the Gunslinger. I then listened to the audio book and loved it. I then listened to all of the other 6 books that way and really enjoyed the series tremendously.
Weird, I never read one--just listened to them all but really thought the series was great.

Ari_Racing
05-24-2008, 11:16 AM
:( Ouch.

Well...can anyone say that never paid too much for an item? I've paid for some books in spanish a lot of money and then found them at a lot less.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2008, 06:27 AM
STEPHEN KING & MICHAEL WHELAN SIGNED LITHOGRAPH (http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-MICHAEL-WHELAN-SIGNED-LITHOGRAPH_W0QQitemZ250252264266QQihZ015QQcategory Z14433QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

e_taylor
05-29-2008, 08:17 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stephen-King-From-A-Buick-8-Signed-Limited-750_W0QQitemZ270241680028QQihZ017QQcategoryZ270QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd think this would be a cool number for one to have, 750/750

Hutch
05-29-2008, 08:38 AM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stephen-King-From-A-Buick-8-Signed-Limited-750_W0QQitemZ270241680028QQihZ017QQcategoryZ270QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd think this would be a cool number for one to have, 750/750

I have 1/750. Oddly enough I won it at eBay in 2004. It listed 1/750 in the title as so many do and may have been overlooked as just another copy.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Is it me or does it look like the cover was ripped off to make it look like a proof

:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Carrie-1st-Proof-1974-Original-Authentic_W0QQitemZ330240151949QQihZ014QQcategoryZ 29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Ari_Racing
05-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Actually in the backcover says "Not for sale", so it seems like a good Proof.

jhanic
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
It's probably the real thing.

John

Bev Vincent
05-29-2008, 12:24 PM
The larger picture at the bottom of the page doesn't have the ripples caused by shriking it.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
The larger picture at the bottom of the page doesn't have the ripples caused by shriking it.

True

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

herbertwest
05-29-2008, 03:21 PM

wanted to say the same

Room 217 Caretaker
05-30-2008, 02:41 AM

wanted to say the same

In my defense of posting the question about the Carrie Proof:

He only showed ONE picture when the auction started. It was the front of the book. NO OTHER picture showed up. He did state in his auction "Not for sale" on the back cover but no picture showed it but the ONE.

I sent him an email wanting to see more pictures. Maybe he added them to the auction???? It doesn't say he edited his auction but anyway, when it first appeared on Ebay it only showed the front cover. That is why I asked the "is it real" question.

The defense rest :innocent:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
05-30-2008, 05:09 PM
For True Stephen King collectors 3 RARE periodicals (http://cgi.ebay.com/For-True-Stephen-King-collectors-3-RARE-periodicals_W0QQitemZ200226556354QQihZ010QQcategor yZ35765QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Includes Yankee magazine, October 1983. contains the Stephen King short story. "Uncle Otto's Truck".

Hutch
05-30-2008, 07:52 PM
tha last time I saw one of these for sale I think it was priced near $1500.
I know it was on Bob's want list for many years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1971-1st-pub-STEPHEN-KING-It-Grows-On-You-MARSHROOTS_W0QQitemZ310055276304QQihZ021QQcategory Z29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-31-2008, 12:48 AM

I will be bidding on this one.

jhanic
05-31-2008, 03:49 AM
I'd like it too, but I can't afford that one!

John

carlosdetweiller
05-31-2008, 05:19 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/1971-1st-pub-STEPHEN-KING-It-Grows-On-You-MARSHROOTS_W0QQitemZ310055276304QQihZ021QQcategory Z29223QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For me that was the hardest of the University of Maine student publications to get (outside of some of the Maine Campus newspapers, which I am still lacking). I was fortunate to buy a very nice copy from Victor and Rosandra Montequin when they sold their collection in 2003. I had looked for a very long time for an issue and had become very frustrated. I don't think that either Charlie Fried or Chris Cavalier had a copy when they sold their collections. It's a toughie.

jhanic
06-02-2008, 08:21 AM

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

John

Hutch
06-02-2008, 08:32 AM

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

John

I can only guess that a collector made the seller an offer to buy outright.

Sir_Boomme
06-02-2008, 09:31 AM

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.John

I can only guess that a collector made the seller an offer to buy outright.

yeah.... what a pisser too... i was planning on waiting until later in the game and bidding on this... and was probably going to bid pretty high since it's been one i've been looking for a long time.
so, fess up... which one of you bought it outright? ( i need to know who to be pissed at... i mean.... jealous of :drool:)

Pasiuk57
06-02-2008, 09:42 AM
It was not me though I wish it had been...
I did not know the seller...

jhanic
06-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Not me. I can't afford that right now. But I WAS curious as to how much it would go for.

John

herbertwest
06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
try to ask the seller?

jhanic
06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
If I had had any dealings with him, I might have tried. But I don't know him.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Guilty! :wub:

jhanic
06-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Congratulations, Mr. Rabbit Trick! That's a really rare one!

John

Hutch
06-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Was it a good deal? $$$

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Was it a good deal? $$$

For the seller, yes. I made him an offer he couldn't refuse......

He refused.

Had to pay over the odds, but I wanted it.

Randall Flagg
06-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I am happy it went to someone in our little "community".

Pasiuk57
06-02-2008, 06:17 PM
LUCKY!

herbertwest
06-03-2008, 01:36 AM

Was it a good deal? $$$

He refused.

well done!

oy-the-brave
06-03-2008, 04:47 AM

Was it a good deal? $$$

He refused.

Very nice, congrats.

Hutch
06-03-2008, 06:07 AM
after reading the auction title the book seems insignificant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260247397679

Randall Flagg
06-03-2008, 06:09 AM

Carrie by Stephen King (1993) w/BJ

I agree.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
A BJ for $0.99 :unsure:

Randall Flagg
06-03-2008, 06:18 AM
The dollar may be weak, but it still buys a few things.

jhanic
06-03-2008, 06:26 AM
:rofl:

John

carlosdetweiller
06-03-2008, 09:14 AM

The seller needs to post her picture in the auction listing. I'm never in Baltimore anyway so it is immaterial to me but she might get more bids.

jhanic
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Or not.

John

Room 217 Caretaker
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM

:excited: I live an hour from Baltimore.......a BJ for .99 :orely:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Room 217 Caretaker
06-03-2008, 11:33 AM

:excited: I live an hour from Baltimore.......a BJ for .99 :orely:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

My wife said I'm not allowed to buy the book :cry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

NeedfulKings
06-03-2008, 11:51 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are good!

carlosdetweiller
06-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Or not.

John

Yes, exactly. I'd like to know what I'm getting for my 99 cents.

Matt
06-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I was going to make a few BJ jokes in here, then got busy :(

You guys worked it well though :lol:

Room 217 Caretaker
06-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Or not.

John

She updated her auction to show a picture:

:ninja:

EXPLORER
06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Or not.

John

I THINK YOU GUYS ARE ALL OPTIMISTIC DREAMERS....assuming it is a "SHE" who posted! ...sorry, however it had to be said..

sentinel
06-03-2008, 05:20 PM
:onfire:

wizardsrainbow
06-04-2008, 02:26 AM
I was going to make a few BJ jokes in here, then got busy :(

You guys worked it well though :lol:

Matt-
You said you got "busy." Exactly what did you mean by that? :evil:

MonteGss
06-04-2008, 06:14 AM
I saw that auction as well. I don't think a bj starting at 99 cents would be any good. :lol:

Sir_Boomme
06-04-2008, 10:47 AM

Was it a good deal? $$$

He refused.

congrads rabbit... btw... you got a good deal... whatever you paid for it... because i WOULD have won it from you had the auction gone it's route...:cowboy:
- good for you...but i have the feeling the seller shorted himself by ending early.
let me know when you want to sell it for a profit...

Calla_Wolf
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Or not.

John

I THINK YOU GUYS ARE ALL OPTIMISTIC DREAMERS....assuming it is a "SHE" who posted! ...sorry, however it had to be said..

It IS a she.........and she thought the term was "Book Jacket"

And.....she's used BJ on all her book auctions - LOL

I got the feeling she's quite enjoyed the attention this has brought

carlosdetweiller
06-05-2008, 06:11 AM
Heritage Auctions auctioned off a fairly large amount of Stephen King books and related artwork yesterday. I think the rest of the collection is to be sold today or tomorrow.

I thought the prices realized were fairly low for some pretty nice items. Was anyone else watching this auction? Thoughts?

jhanic
06-05-2008, 06:19 AM
I was out-bid on the Carrie proof. I was hoping to sneak in with a rather low bid, but it went for more than I was willing to pay. I've been watching some of the other stuff, too, but not bidding. Funds are a bit tight right now.

John

carlosdetweiller
06-05-2008, 06:43 AM
I am getting the Alan Clarke oil painting of Roland and the Dark Tower that was used in THE STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE. It sold for more than I wanted but that is the risk I took for placing a fairly high proxy bid. It is a painting that I have wanted for a while but was too slow on the draw when it was offered initially.

jhanic
06-05-2008, 06:52 AM
Very nice, Bob.

John

e_taylor
06-05-2008, 07:08 AM
I was interested in the copy of "Es" being offered, but got the times mixed up and didn't get a bid in on time.

Did anyone here get it? and/or be willing to sell it to me for a small profit?

wizardsrainbow
06-05-2008, 08:23 AM
I was interested in the copy of "Es" being offered, but got the times mixed up and didn't get a bid in on time.

Did anyone here get it? and/or be willing to sell it to me for a small profit?

Eric-
what amount did it go for (I guess I can go look it up myself :doh: )? I have a copy that I would consider selling, but first I want to see what this one went for. Will be back to you.

wizardsrainbow
06-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Eric-

I will PM you

wizardsrainbow
06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I am getting the Alan Clarke oil painting of Roland and the Dark Tower that was used in THE STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE. It sold for more than I wanted but that is the risk I took for placing a fairly high proxy bid. It is a painting that I have wanted for a while but was too slow on the draw when it was offered initially.

Bob-

That's a nice one. Congratulations!

wizardsrainbow
06-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Although not all inclusive, here are some of the prices that items went for (final price includes buyers premium):

S/L Christine $715
S/L Cujo $600
Carrie ARC $1125
Complete same-number DT set I-VII $10,150
S/L Wizard & Glass UK $360
S/L Eyes of the Dragon $600
S/L Firestarter $775
S/L Es $480
S/L Regulators $660
S/L Skeleton Crew $600
S/L The Stand $1550
S/L Talisman $570
S/L Desperation $310
S/L Danse Macabre $600
S/L Black House $310

Fsmdr
06-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I've got a few bids in with that auction. But will not know until later what I won.

oy-the-brave
06-05-2008, 02:35 PM

Congrats Bob, I placed the first bid on it (just in case no one else bid).

I was surprised it went that high as well but it's a very nice addition to your collection.

Fsmdr
06-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Hurray!.

I just checked and I won 12 of the auction. It makes me so happy to know I'm getting a LARGE shipment of books. It's a lot more quantity than monetary value, but hey, the more the better.:thumbsup:

turtlex
06-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Congrats!

carlosdetweiller
06-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Hurray!.

I just checked and I won 12 of the auction. It makes me so happy to know I'm getting a LARGE shipment of books. It's a lot more quantity than monetary value, but hey, the more the better.:thumbsup:

Congratulations, Juliana. From looking at most of the selling prices I suspect you got some good deals even with the buyer's premium added on.

And thanks, all, for the congratulations on the painting I won.

This was my first time to bid with Heritage and I found the process interesting and a little confusing. You can bid multiple ways and on different sites. I really liked watching the live bidding process (even though I only placed a proxy bid). I downloaded the AV plug-in and enjoyed watching the live bidding for a while. Frequently, however, my picture would freeze and I would have to reload the feed. And sometimes I would get no sound for periods of time. Still, the live bidding process seems pretty smooth and I might give it a try next time.

jhanic
06-06-2008, 03:47 AM
Congratulations, Juliana. Let us know what treasures you got!

I found the process of bidding very confusing. I tried to enter a bid on another item and kept getting rerouted to something completely different. I finally gave up. Next time (if there is one), I'll give it a harder effort.

John

carlosdetweiller
06-06-2008, 05:38 AM
I found the process of bidding very confusing. I tried to enter a bid on another item and kept getting rerouted to something completely different. I finally gave up. Next time (if there is one), I'll give it a harder effort.

John

Were you trying to place a bid through eBay or were you directly on the Heritage site? I didn't have any problems with the Heritage site.

jhanic
06-06-2008, 05:44 AM
I couldn't find the item on the Heritage site, so I tried eBay. It was the re-issue of Carrie that had the rejected dust jacket. Mike Pasiuk got it for $10. I kept getting rerouted to an item that had nothing in common with the Carrie item. This was about five hours before the listing was to have expired.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170221279805&rd=1

John

Cutter
06-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Although not all inclusive, here are some of the prices that items went for (final price includes buyers premium):

S/L Christine $715
S/L Cujo $600
Carrie ARC $1125
Complete same-number DT set I-VII $10,150
S/L Wizard & Glass UK $360
S/L Eyes of the Dragon $600
S/L Firestarter $775
S/L Es $480
S/L Regulators $660
S/L Skeleton Crew $600
S/L The Stand $1550
S/L Talisman $570
S/L Desperation $310
S/L Danse Macabre $600
S/L Black House $310

Jeeze, very low prices. I wish I knew about it to bid on that Firestarter, I would have loved to have got that for under $800.

Pasiuk57
06-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Even with the 22% additional each winning bidder must pay for their winning auctions, some of the items were good deals.
Not sure how I got the Carrie for $10, but I'll take it...

carlosdetweiller
06-06-2008, 08:05 AM
I couldn't find the item on the Heritage site, so I tried eBay.

Heritage has so many auctions scheduled that sometimes it is hard to find the one you want. And then there are usually several sessions within each auction. It's easy to get confused.

If you haven't already you should register with Heritage and tell them what types of items you are interested in (i.e. books, artwork, etc.). Then you get an e-mail when an auction is scheduled that might interest you. Scan the auction at that time and put items of interest in your "Tracked Lots" (similar to eBay's Watch List). Then you don't have to wade through the entire auction listings to find the item again. I actually found the "My Heritage" page a very easy way to keep up with my bid(s) and watched items.

tippy4
06-06-2008, 08:06 AM
I won The "Miller" S/N Colorado Kid from this round of auctions

$170.00 Bid
$ 38.25 Premium 22.5%
$ 16.14 Sales Tax 7.75%
$224.39 Total plus shipping

Less than original issue price.

The opening bid was $150, and I placed an absentee bid of $170...and there were no other bidders, but I still ended up paying $170. I don't get it.

I forgot to consider I would be paying sales tax when I placed my bid, so I was not quite as happy with my purchase as I thought I would be...but still happy.

carlosdetweiller
06-06-2008, 08:09 AM
I won The Colorado Kid from this auction for $170 plus 22.5% ($38.25) plus tax ($16.14) = $224.39 plus shipping.

Less than issue price.

tippy4 you, also, should register with Heritage and bid on their site and not through eBay. The commission is 19.5% if you bid directly with Heritage vs. 22.5% if you bid through eBay.

I assume you live in Texas since you are having to pay sales tax. Where do you live?

jhanic
06-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah, tippy4, I thought you lived in California. You shouldn't have had to pay the sales tax. And I'd ask them about why you had to pay the $170, too.

John

tippy4
06-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I do live in California, but for some reason assumed I was going to get hit with sales tax.

I have not gotten an invoice yet.

I think I was confusing them with PBA Galleries which IS located in CA.

Alright! Now I AM very happy with my purchase!

I did not register with Heritage direct as the 3% difference only ammounted to $5.10.

Of course...I did win several auctions from them totaling $330, so I would have saved a total of $9.90 if I had.

tippy4
06-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Just found this in their Terms and Conditions....

25. Lots delivered in the States of Texas, California, or other states where the Auction may be held, are subject to all applicable state and local taxes, unless appropriate permits are on file with Auctioneer.

Guess we will have to wait for the invoice to see if I get stuck paying sales tax.

Fsmdr
06-06-2008, 09:14 AM
John, if you go to their home page and enter ' Stephen King' on the 'search by keyword or lot number', it will pull up all the auction related if it's still an upcoming auction.

I won 3 of the UK S/L and the omnibus hardcover set, a 2nd Gunslinger, 16 UK 1st editions, some periodicals and others.

Watching the live bidding was a trip. It took only about 3 seconds for each lot to get sold. Faster than I can calculate the buyer's premium. LOL!.

Tippy, I don't think you have to pay the tax. I'm in CA too and I wasn't taxed by Heritage in the past.

jhanic
06-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the tip, fsmdr. I'll try that next time!

John

Fsmdr
06-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Not an auction but I came across this below. I've never heard of this, maybe someone here can shed some light?.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=1597801437

Bev Vincent
06-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Not an auction, but I received this e-mail from Gauntlet Press that might be of interest to some:

Stephen King Edition of Gauntlet Magazine (c. 1992) Available for Ordering

For Stephen King fans new to our newsletter we have a unique collectible. In 1992 Gauntlet magazine issue #2 was devoted to Stephen King. It included an expanded version of "The Dreaded X", his non-fiction piece on film censorship that had appeared only in the "Castle Rock" newsletter. The magazine also contains an entire Stephen King section as well as two short stories by Ray Bradbury dealing with censorship. We had thought the issue was sold out after we relocated from the Philadelphia area to Colorado. Last year we discovered a box with copies in mint condition. Ten copies remain. Check out the Gauntlet magazine webpage by clicking here (http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=ENTER&thispage=psdbi/GauntletMagazine.html&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!) and get your order in before we're sold out.

Bev Vincent
06-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Not an auction but I came across this below. I've never heard of this, maybe someone here can shed some light?.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=1597801437

The Living Dead (http://nightshadebooks.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=129) is a follow-up to the Wastelands themed anthology from Night Shade. It contains King's "Home Delivery" as well as Joe Hill's "Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead" and a bunch of other zombie story reprints.