PDA

View Full Version : Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Jimimck
04-27-2011, 01:48 AM
Obviously no-one in the US will be interested but i have a slipcased version of Centipede Press' Knowing Darkness that i would like to sell if there is anyone in the UK or Europe that have been put off by the shipping prices from the US? Mint condition, no bumps of scuffs.

Any guess at shipping cost to New Zealand? UK shipping is usually a lot nice nicer than US shipping...

Jimimck
04-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Thanks, J.! But the CHRISTINE is priceclipped and the MISERY is not in 'as new' condition. I'm being picky here, it's really about upgrading my current copies to F/F condition. I live very close to the UK (= low shipping costs) and I already contacted some UK sellers. The one I need most is the DEAD ZONE. My copy is not priceclipped, which is a rare thing, but it has suffered from sunfading on the spine and the book itself is in poor condition. But thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

No problem. If I see some around that fit the bill, I'll let ya know.
Cheers

Tito_Villa
04-27-2011, 01:55 AM
No idea, i can have a look if you like?

Jimimck
04-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Only if it isn't too much of a pain. It may still put it outside my price range, and so don't want ya to go to any bother...
Thanks

damon
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi Folks,

I have several SK books that I am trying to sell--I basically have to sell my collection to pay for some remodeling (yeah, I need my house more than my collection at this point...). Can someone let me know the best place to post this? I have sold in the past on ebay, and have a great rating, but am hoping to save a little by listing here, while contributing to the community at the same time. My list is probably between 15-20 pieces, mostly signed/limited. I have some DT comics as well, so those are on the block too! Thanks, and looking forward to info on how to do this the right way!

Dan

biomieg
04-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Dan,

Welcome! This would be the place to post your list but you will not be able to post pics etc. until you have at least five posts (a kind of anti-spam setting). Long lists of items for sale from a first-time poster may be temporarily removed by a moderator but these things usually work out fine.

I'm sure one of the mods will read this and contact you if anything is unclear.

Randall Flagg
04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
I sent him a PM.

damon
04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Randall--I received your PM, but for some reason there is no "reply" link on the page. Is it disabled becuase I am new? Could be a browser problem with IE9 maybe? I also tried to create a new message to you and received an error about not having permissions... any thoughts?

e_taylor
04-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Randall--I received your PM, but for some reason there is no "reply" link on the page. Is it disabled becuase I am new? Could be a browser problem with IE9 maybe? I also tried to create a new message to you and received an error about not having permissions... any thoughts?

You need 5 posts before you have member privileges (to help combat spammers).

Take a look around and make a few mote posts, then you'll be in business!

Randall Flagg
04-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Patience. I deleted your extra posts and changed your membership status. You should be able to post now.

jman24
04-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me? I have in my possesion a copy of The Dark Tower : The waste Lands an Illustrated copy still in it's original dust sleve (shrink wrap) I've had it for a number of years and always wondered if it was worth anything? Can someone help me?

Many thanks in advance

J

jman24
04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
jimimck

Alright matey,..

I have a UK copy of Geralds Game & a UK copy of Misery both in damn near perfect condition..If i'm honest with you i'm not sure they've ever been read, both hard back copies.. Interested??

Jimimck
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
jimimck

Alright matey,..

I have a UK copy of Geralds Game & a UK copy of Misery both in damn near perfect condition..If i'm honest with you i'm not sure they've ever been read, both hard back copies.. Interested?? Hi jman,
I think you want to touch base with biomieg, as he was looking for F/F copies of those.

Cheers
James

jman24
04-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Ok friend,

Thank you,.. I will try and get hold of him..

J

jman24
04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey guys,.. I've got 9 unread posts but don't have a clue how to view them lol,.

Going through lists of SK I currently have in my possesion:

Carrie - perfect condition
Desperation - Near perfect condition
Dolores Caiborne x 2 - perfect condition
Everything's Eventual - read once
Firestarter - Read once
Geralds Game - perfect condition
Insomnia - Well Read...Favourite book ever
IT - Near perfect condition
Misery - perfect condition
Needful Things - Near perfect condition
Night Shift - perfect condition
Rose Madder x 2 Near perfect condition
Salems Lot - Perfect Condition
Skeleton Crew - Near perfect condition
The Dark Half - Near perfect condition
The Bachman Books -perfect condition
The Stand - well read
The Shining x 2 (1 hardback & 1 soft) both perfect condition
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - well read
The Dark Tower: The Drawing of The Three - well read
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands - well read
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands: Illustrated & unopened perfect condition
The Dark Tower: Wolves of Calla- perfect condition
The Dark Tower: Wizard & Glass - perfect condition
The Dark Tower: Song of Susannah - perfect condition
Thinner - Near perfect condition
& Last but not least Pet Sematary - perfect condition

Jimimck
04-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey guys,.. I've got 9 unread posts but don't have a clue how to view them lol,.

Going through lists of SK I currently have in my possesion:

Carrie - perfect condition
Desperation
Dolores Caiborne x 2 - perfect condition
Everything's Eventual - read once
Firestarter - Read once
Geralds Game - perfect condition
IT - Near perfect condition
Misery - perfect condition
Needful Things - Near perfect condition
Night Shift - perfect condition
Rose Madder x 2 Near perfect condition
Salems Lot - Perfect Condition
Skeleton Crew - Near perfect condition
The Dark Half - Near perfect condition
The Bachman Books -perfect condition
The Stand - well read
The Shining x 2 (1 hardback & 1 soft) both perfect condition
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger - well read
The Dark Tower: The Drawing of The Three - well read
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands - well read
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands: Illustrated & unopened perfect condition
The Dark Tower: Wolves of Calla- perfect condition
The Dark Tower: Wizard & Glass - perfect condition
The Dark Tower: Song of Susannah - perfect condition
Thinner - Near perfect condition
& Last but not least Pet Sematary - perfect condition

Hey jman,
It may be useful to let us know if the books are 1st editions, US vs UK, any S/L or Gift editions etc, and what price you are after. If you haven't already, check out http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/ as a guide to current pricing.

Cheers
James

jman24
04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
As far as i'm aware they're all UK Verisons, couldn't tell you anything else but i'll post what is printed inside on the first few pages... year it was printed. They all have CN and a number on the back but couldn't tell you what it meant lol : They all belonged to my Mum which then got passed to me when she passed 2 years ago. I've always been a big SK fan so gladly took them,.. Was only wondering about the sealed copy of waste lands really lol.

Carrie - perfect condition - 1993 - CN 2029
Desperation- read - 1996 - CN 9636
Dolores Caiborne x 2 - perfect condition - 1992 - CN 6975
Geralds Game - perfect condition - 1992 - CN 5984
IT - Near perfect condition - 1987 - CN 3266
Misery - perfect condition - 1987 CN 1462
Needful Things - Near perfect condition - 1991 - CN 3396
Night Shift - perfect condition - 1991 -CN 2396
Rose Madder x 2 Near perfect condition - 1995 - CN 3386
Salems Lot - Perfect Condition - 1992 - CN 8507
Skeleton Crew - Near perfect condition - 1993 - CN 8102
The Dark Half - Near perfect condition - 1993 - CN 8337
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands - Illustrated & sealed - Unsure
The Bachman Books -perfect condition - 1986 - CN 6521
The Shining x 2 (1 hardback & 1 soft) both perfect condition - Hardback - 1981
Thinner - Near perfect condition - 1985 - CN 5910
& Last but not least Pet Sematary - perfect condition - 1983

tippy4
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me? I have in my possesion a copy of The Dark Tower : The waste Lands an Illustrated copy still in it's original dust sleve (shrink wrap) I've had it for a number of years and always wondered if it was worth anything? Can someone help me?

Many thanks in advance

J

$40 to $50 if it is a US Grant first edition.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-27-2011, 10:31 PM
As far as i'm aware they're all UK Verisons, couldn't tell you anything else but i'll post what is printed inside on the first few pages... year it was printed. They all have CN and a number on the back but couldn't tell you what it meant lol : They all belonged to my Mum which then got passed to me when she passed 2 years ago. I've always been a big SK fan so gladly took them,.. Was only wondering about the sealed copy of waste lands really lol.

Carrie - perfect condition - 1993 - CN 2029
Desperation- read - 1996 - CN 9636
Dolores Caiborne x 2 - perfect condition - 1992 - CN 6975
Geralds Game - perfect condition - 1992 - CN 5984
IT - Near perfect condition - 1987 - CN 3266
Misery - perfect condition - 1987 CN 1462
Needful Things - Near perfect condition - 1991 - CN 3396
Night Shift - perfect condition - 1991 -CN 2396
Rose Madder x 2 Near perfect condition - 1995 - CN 3386
Salems Lot - Perfect Condition - 1992 - CN 8507
Skeleton Crew - Near perfect condition - 1993 - CN 8102
The Dark Half - Near perfect condition - 1993 - CN 8337
The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands - Illustrated & sealed - Unsure
The Bachman Books -perfect condition - 1986 - CN 6521
The Shining x 2 (1 hardback & 1 soft) both perfect condition - Hardback - 1981
Thinner - Near perfect condition - 1985 - CN 5910
& Last but not least Pet Sematary - perfect condition - 1983

The CN means these are Book Club Associates (BCA) editions, and are therefore worthless.

George at C-Springs
04-27-2011, 11:30 PM
The CN means these are Book Club Associates (BCA) editions, and are therefore worthless.

jman -

What Mr. Negative meant to say was that Book Club editions do not hold the same resale value as First Editions, Limiteds, etc., so don't expect a windfall from these. But of course any nice book collection can be sold, it's just a matter of finding the right buyer and selling at the right price. Actually you might have pretty good luck putting them up on eBay as a Lot (of like books); being in the UK though your customer base may be limited to by the weight of the books and the associated fees that will be needed for mailing.

As suggested previously, your first order of business should be to read up and learn about SK first editions, limiteds, etc. so that you know what to look for and what you've got. Do that by going to The Stephen King Collector website, start on the First Editions page here: http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/1st_editions.html. Another good resource is the Stephen King website itself, the book covers section: http://www.stephenkingshop.com/bookcovers.htm. Of course here on TDT.org there are tons of photos and descritpions, just a matter of finding what you need ... spend some time perusing the Collections and King Collectibles Catalog here in Calvin's Corner.

Before you sell, you should also learn the common terminology used to describe the boooks you're selling (Near Fine rather than Near Perfect, for example) as well the common information that buyers are looking for (copyright page information, ISBN number, condition, etc.). Most importantly, don't forget that there's thousands of other copies of your books out there for sale, so you'll need to present them in a way that appeals to the buyer, whether it be a better price, more detailed description, better photos, or just enthusiasm in your advert. I'd suggest you cruise eBay and compare what you've got to what others are selling and see how you can do them one better. Don't forget to check the completed listings to see what they've been selling for.

Last, I'm not sure that UK Book Club copies came sealed (anyone?), so possibly that Waste Lands may be different from the rest. Of course anyone can seal a book nowadays, but if they came from your mum she likely didn't do that.

Also, don't forget, you don't have to sell ... you have the start of a nice collection!

George

Jimimck
04-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Good post George.

Tito_Villa
04-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Yup great post, very imformative ...

I have some items up on ebay, this link will take you to my user ID ... Tito_Villa (http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/tito_villa/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

jman24
04-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Very informative George, Thank you.

I will have a butchers and read up about things lol..

Thanks for everything :)

J

George at C-Springs
04-28-2011, 04:16 AM
Not sure what that is, but hopefully it contains barley or hops.

Clacke
04-28-2011, 05:31 AM
Not sure what that is, but hopefully it contains barley or hops.

Unfortunately no barley or hops. :)

butchers

Cockney rhyming slang for look (butchers hook)
have a butchers at this for me

Gris
04-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Anyone have a UK 1/1 of Full Dark No Stars? PM me with price info if you do. Thanks!

Also, I have a 1/1 of Blaze in Mint condition if anyone is interested. Shoot me an offer

damon
04-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi All,

A few people have PM'd me about my list of items, and I will be posting it all this weekend. I just need to find some time to catalogue and take some pics. It's not massive, but some good books, and DT comics from when they first started releasing them. All in all about 20ish pieces, 10ish books, and 10ish comics.

Thanks,

Dan

Jimimck
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Anyone have a UK 1/1 of Full Dark No Stars? PM me with price info if you do. Thanks!

Also, I have a 1/1 of Blaze in Mint condition if anyone is interested. Shoot me an offer

I can hunt out the UK 1st Trade paperback that was available here in New Zealand if that is something you are after? they are still available in some bookstores new...

Shannon
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
lol @ Mr. Negative comment

So funny.

harrison ryan
04-28-2011, 04:05 PM
lol @ Mr. Negative comment

So funny.

I'm still happy about your "Let's go do karate in the garage!". That is now my new saying for friendly agreement.

Shannon
04-28-2011, 06:22 PM
I love the movie Step Brothers. So funny. The random one-liner funny movies always make me laugh. Old School, Anchorman, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Wedding Crashers, Step Brothers.

"You're not a doctor, you're a big fat curly headed fuck!"

Ummmm ... shit, I need to make this post Collectible Classifieds-y ... Ummmm, oh yeah HEY, does anyone have a copy of this book for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gunslinger-Dark-Tower-1-Stephen-King-Hebrew-/110677832236?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item19c4e9b22c

Gunslinger in Hebrew? So fuckin' cool. It says paperback. I haven't started my foreign lists yet so I don't know too much about it. Hell, I don't speak Hebrewish so the book could be "How To Kill Garden Gnomes" for all I know, lol. But I like it anyway. :)

Shannon

Ric
04-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I want to give Henry the Tall a :thumbsup::thumbsup:....contacted on Wednesday (of last week) about a possible purchase and by Monday the next week I had the book at a great price and as described!

I would like to echo the :thumbsup: for Henry The Tall. I bought a couple of items from him and they arrived in perfect condition exactly as described.

Thanks Henry! (Tory)

biomieg
04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Henry still has to get back to me about an item but I'm sure he will, eventually (won't you, Henry?)

namelessnpoor
04-30-2011, 05:16 AM
Anyone interested in a Dark Tower 1st edition set? 1st edition Gunslinger, 2nd edition Gunslinger, trade 1st / 1st's of 2-7 and 7 is signed by King.
PM or email me if interested and i will send pics and descriptions. make offers !
rrdunaway@msn.com

Gris
05-02-2011, 04:45 AM

I can hunt out the UK 1st Trade paperback that was available here in New Zealand if that is something you are after? they are still available in some bookstores new...

Thanks jimimck, but I'm trying to find the Hard Cover.

sgc1999
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Anyone interested in a Dark Tower 1st edition set? 1st edition Gunslinger, 2nd edition Gunslinger, trade 1st / 1st's of 2-7 and 7 is signed by King.
PM or email me if interested and i will send pics and descriptions. make offers !
rrdunaway@msn.com

Hi,
Just wondering what you are asking for the dark tower 1st/1st set?
Thanks

Tito_Villa
05-03-2011, 03:02 AM
Bump ...
Still for sale
Lisey's Story UK proof 44/100 no slipcase
UK Blackhouse sampler
He Is Legend TOR proof

Joe Hill
The Saved Ps Publishing un-signed
Looking Glass Cemetery Dance signed by Hill & others

Gunslinger Born comic number one signed by Peter David
Dark Tower Sketch Book signed by Peter David, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove, Robin Furth, Chris Eliopoulos

Dolso
05-03-2011, 12:34 PM
I ended up with an extra Colorado Kid slipcase. It's lined with black felt, Stained brown Mahogany with a round window placed for the Potter edition. Fits the three trade editions. $95 dollars plus shipping (10% discount if you're a member of DT). Books not included - slipcase only.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/685/medium/Round_CK_3_doc.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/685/medium/Round_CK_10_doc.JPG

Jimimck
05-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Great looking slipcase. Anyone with the books NEEDS to have one of these!

damon
05-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay on this, but it was a busy weekend. In any case, here is my list of for sale items. Basically my whole collection as it is... I am open to reasonable offers for the whole lot, as well as individual items. PM me with any interest in items. I can take specific pics of whatever you would like to see, so don't hesistate to ask questions if you got 'em!

Just After Sunset 1st Edition Fine/VeryFine Signed have receipt from event for 4 books, Odyssey Bookshop
Bridge of Sighs 1st Edition Fine/VeryFine signed signed by Richard Russo, at same event as Just After Sunset
Best American Short Stories 2007 1st Edition FIne/VeryFine Signed Signed by all authors at the event, plus editor Stephen King
Carrie 1974 Book Club Edition Used Unsigned This is a used book. The dust jacket has tears, wrinkles, discoloration. The book itself is in good shape, no tears, no dog-eared pages, no missing pages, no visible discoloration. Hard cover has some bumps at the edges
Secretary of Dreams, Vol 2 Signed Limted, #183 Very Fine Signed Signed by Stephen King, and Glen Chadbourne. This volume also has a remarque by Glen Chadbourne
Secretary of Dreams, Vol 1 Signed Limted, #183 Very Fine Signed Signed by Stephen King, and Glen Chadbourne. Please note that these are matched number volumes, and I prefer to sell as a set
Insomnia Signed Limited Very Fine Signed
Under the Dome Signed Limited Very Fine Signed US edition, in plastic still, with cards
Under the Dome Signed Limited Fine Signed UK edition, in plastic, edges slightly bumped (thanks simon and schuster for poor shipping!)
Black House Signed Limited Very Fine Signed in plastic still
The Colorado Kid Signed Limited Very Fine Signed I have two copies for sale
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon 1st Edition Very Fine Unsigned pop up book, unsigned 1st ed.
Stephen King Goes to the Movies Limited Deluxe Very Fine Unsigned
Duma Key 1st Edition Fine Signed Signed at book event--included with this will be the program from the event, signed by Tabitha and Owen King
Blockade Billy 1st Edition Very Fine unsigned in plastic, with card
The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance Signed Limited Very Fine signed Signed by Robin Firth only
Dark Tower Comic Hardcover 1st Edition Very Fine unsigned I have two copies of this
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born comic Very Fine unsigned kept in original plastic cover, 1 through 7 of 7. Pics available of covers on request
The Dark Tower: Gunslingers Guidebook comic Very Fine unsigned kept in original plastic cover
The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home comic Very Fine unsigned kept in original plastic cover, #1 of 5
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born (Sketchbook) comic Fine unsigned not in plastic, no visible damage
The Dark Tower comic Very Fine unsigned in plastic, subtitles "Marvel Spotlight" and "Stephen King's Magnum Opus"

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am using the proceeds to do some remodeling work on my house, so I am motivated to sell...but be reasonable if you want to haggle...

Thanks,

Dan

damon
05-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay on this, but it was a busy weekend. In any case, here is my list of for sale items. Basically my whole collection as it is... I am open to reasonable offers for the whole lot, as well as individual items. PM me with any interest in items. I can take specific pics of whatever you would like to see, so don't hesistate to ask questions if you got 'em!

Just After Sunset 1st Edition Fine/VeryFine Signed have receipt from event for 4 books, Odyssey Bookshop
Bridge of Sighs 1st Edition Fine/VeryFine signed signed by Richard Russo, at same event as Just After Sunset
Best American Short Stories 2007 1st Edition FIne/VeryFine Signed Signed by all authors at the event, plus editor Stephen King
Carrie 1974 Book Club Edition Used Unsigned This is a used book. The dust jacket has tears, wrinkles, discoloration. The book itself is in good shape, no tears, no dog-eared pages, no missing pages, no visible discoloration. Hard cover has some bumps at the edges
Secretary of Dreams, Vol 2 Signed Limted, #183 Very Fine Signed Signed by Stephen King, and Glen Chadbourne. This volume also has a remarque by Glen Chadbourne
Secretary of Dreams, Vol 1 Signed Limted, #183 Very Fine Signed Signed by Stephen King, and Glen Chadbourne. Please note that these are matched number volumes, and I prefer to sell as a set
Insomnia Signed Limited Very Fine Signed
Under the Dome Signed Limited Very Fine Signed US edition, in plastic still, with cards
Under the Dome Signed Limited Fine Signed UK edition, in plastic, edges slightly bumped (thanks simon and schuster for poor shipping!)
Black House Signed Limited Very Fine Signed in plastic still
The Colorado Kid Signed Limited Very Fine Signed I have two copies for sale
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon 1st Edition Very Fine Unsigned pop up book, unsigned 1st ed.
Stephen King Goes to the Movies Limited Deluxe Very Fine Unsigned
Duma Key 1st Edition Fine Signed Signed at book event--included with this will be the program from the event, signed by Tabitha and Owen King
Blockade Billy 1st Edition Very Fine unsigned in plastic, with card
The Dark Tower: The Complete Concordance Signed Limited Very Fine signed Signed by Robin Firth only
Dark Tower Comic Hardcover 1st Edition Very Fine unsigned I have two copies of this
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born comic Very Fine unsigned kept in original plastic cover, 1 through 7 of 7. Pics available of covers on request
The Dark Tower: Gunslingers Guidebook comic Very Fine unsigned kept in original plastic cover
The Dark Tower: The Long Road Home comic Very Fine unsigned kept in original plastic cover, #1 of 5
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born (Sketchbook) comic Fine unsigned not in plastic, no visible damage
The Dark Tower comic Very Fine unsigned in plastic, subtitles "Marvel Spotlight" and "Stephen King's Magnum Opus"

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am using the proceeds to do some remodeling work on my house, so I am motivated to sell...but be reasonable if you want to haggle...

Thanks,

Dan

Cook
05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Dan
I PM'd you :cowboy:

PlayPhish
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Prices lowered, new items added. I'm looking for it all to go.

All books in F/F condition with the exception of EOTD, which has very minor surface wear on the slipcase.

$325 Black House S/L
$650 Colorado Kid S/LTD
$325 Desperation S/L
$600 Eyes of the Dragon S/L
$100 Little Sisters of Eluria (AE)
$325 Little Sisters of Eluria S/L
SOLD - $400 DT III Waste Lands S/L
SOLD - $400 DT IV Wizard and Glass S/L
$400 DT V Wolves of the Calla S/L
$400 DT VI Song of Susanna S/L
$400 DT VII The Dark Tower
$400 The Road to the Dark Tower S/LTD

$300 Black House S/L
$575 Colorado Kid S/LTD
$300 Desperation S/L
$500 Eyes of the Dragon S/L
$80 Little Sisters of Eluria (AE)
$325 DT V Wolves of the Calla S/L
$325 DT VI Song of Susanna S/L
$325 DT VII The Dark Tower
$325 The Road to the Dark Tower S/LTD

$250 Under the Dome S/L Still Shrink-wrapped w/cards
$375 Whispers S/LTD
$250 Reign of Fear S/LTD
$125 My Pretty Pony Trade/Still Shrink-wrapped
$80 The Drawing of the Three 1st/Still Shrink-wrapped

sgc1999
05-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi Damon,
How much for a signed copy of the colorado kid. I only have one of the artist signed copies.
Simon

henry the tall
05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I've updated my for sale list with items that have sold and I imagine more will sell in the next few days on eBay (same name). Take a look further down this thread for the list and I'll work to keep this updated as I can. I'll be happy to work out deals on multiple items and want to be sure I pass this collection along to the right people. Lemme know if there are items your interested in....make me an offer!

Robert Fulman
05-06-2011, 04:38 AM
I'll endorse henry as being very easy to work with; I think we came to a very reasonable deal on three of his items.

I will say, though, that I think ebay bidders might be scared off by the shipping quotes you show. $17 to ship a single issue of F&SF magazine is really high.

Ric
05-06-2011, 05:56 AM
I'll endorse henry as being very easy to work with; I think we came to a very reasonable deal on three of his items.

I will say, though, that I think ebay bidders might be scared off by the shipping quotes you show. $17 to ship a single issue of F&SF magazine is really high.

Agreed. And since eBay changed their Final Value Fee calculations to include shipping, it doesn't even help to avoid fees anymore. Setting a high shipping fee is only hurting the seller.

henry the tall
05-06-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm not intentionally trying to over charge for shipping but had a hard time with there new shipping features. When I started adding items the shipping charges were less than half of what I knew it would cost to ship and with all the fees for ebay and paypal it wasn't working out all that well. I've become a bit put off with eBay lately which is why I came here first. If they don't sell I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks for the heads up.

Ric
05-06-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm not intentionally trying to over charge for shipping but had a hard time with there new shipping features. When I started adding items the shipping charges were less than half of what I knew it would cost to ship and with all the fees for ebay and paypal it wasn't working out all that well. I've become a bit put off with eBay lately which is why I came here first. If they don't sell I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks for the heads up.

I agree with you that eBay's new shipping features are terrible. What most folks are doing now is just baking the shipping costs into the price of the item. It may seem counter-intuitive, but for some reason people seem to mind less if the cost of an item is $10 than if the shipping for an item is $10 more.

henry the tall
05-06-2011, 11:21 AM

I agree with you that eBay's new shipping features are terrible. What most folks are doing now is just baking the shipping costs into the price of the item. It may seem counter-intuitive, but for some reason people seem to mind less if the cost of an item is $10 than if the shipping for an item is $10 more.

thanks for the info.....i'll use it when posting again......but of course everything will sell so I have nothing to worry about.

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Little Sisters Of Eluria #360 $800 +S&H

tomi_cc16
05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
#720 for 615$
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1359015046&searchurl=kn%3Dsigned%26sts%3Dt%26tn%3Dlittle%2Bsi ster%2Bof%2Beluria%26x%3D58%26y%3D19

#774 for 675$
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=1680094627&searchurl=kn%3Dsigned%26sts%3Dt%26tn%3Dlittle%2Bsi ster%2Bof%2Beluria%26x%3D58%26y%3D19

Randall Flagg
05-10-2011, 10:15 AM
I will reduce the price $25 (up to $100 off), for each year the buyer has been a member here. This one is the <#500, therefore should command a bit more than say a #799.

Gris
05-11-2011, 12:33 PM
henry the tall, you have "marvel comic book – 12/01/95 – heroes for the hope staring the x-men-" listed for sale. How did SK contribute to this or is it a random thing you have listed?

Bev Vincent
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
It should be 1985 -- King wrote the first three pages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_for_Hope

henry the tall
05-11-2011, 12:56 PM
thanks Bev...had the same link I was going to post...and have update the date along with recent sales.

Ricky
05-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Henry, I sent you an e-mail a couple of weeks ago? Did you receive it?

henry the tall
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
not sure I did Ricky....what's on your mind?

Ricky
05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I was inquiring about a couple books I wanted to buy from you.

henry the tall
05-11-2011, 03:10 PM
i must have missed that one...sorry....lemme know what sparking your interest?

Ricky
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm interested in The Running Man (Signet) and Different Seasons hardcover. Would you be able to give me a grading on their condtion and maybe an extra photo?

darkdiscoveries
05-13-2011, 11:59 AM
It should be 1985 -- King wrote the first three pages. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroes_for_Hope

Bernie Wrightson also illustrated King's 3 pages (which of course is the horror bit about Hunger as a "Death" sort of figure). It's also got contributions from Harlan Ellison, Frank Miller, Richard Corben, John Bolton and many others. It's pretty cool!

I've got an extra copy of this for pretty cheap as well if Henry sells out of his and anybody still wants one. Here's the link: http://darkdiscoveries.1freecart.com/i/214850/heroes-of-hope-starring-the-x-men-rare-charity-comic-with-fiction-art-by-stephen-king-harlan-ellison-bernie-wrightson-richard-corben-frank-miller-alan-moore-etc.htm

Use the special coupon i'm running now and you can get an extra 10% off of the price (just enter DD10 in the shopping cart during checkout).

- James
http://darkdiscoveries.com

Randall Flagg
05-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Little Sisters Of Eluria #360 $800 +S&H

I will reduce the price $25 (up to $100 off), for each year the buyer has been a member here. This one is the <#500, therefore should command a bit more than say a #799.
For 24 hours only-from the time stamp of this post. I offer the #360 S/L LSOE for $800-but will reduce the price by $50 for every year a member has been here (capped at $200). That means a 4 year member can buy the book for $600. +S&H.

Rahfa
05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
But that makes a subjective distinction on who's a "better" fan...somebody might have signed up four years ago, never posted, but by this standard would be more "deserving" of a discount than somebody who has posted every day but only for two years.

Needless to say, I'm being facetious. This is a cool offer....but that's the problem with expecting Grant to come up with some similar system to dole out WTTK. At least the numbers 1-800 are objective - unfair to some, definitley, but objective.

Randall Flagg
05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
But that makes a subjective distinction on who's a "better" fan...somebody might have signed up four years ago, never posted, but by this standard would be more "deserving" of a discount than somebody who has posted every day but only for two years.

Needless to say, I'm being facetious. This is a cool offer....but that's the problem with expecting Grant to come up with some similar system to dole out WTTK. At least the numbers 1-800 are objective - unfair to some, definitley, but objective.
The thing about being the seller of an item is I can make a "subjective distinction". The buyer can make an "educated purchase" The market will dictate the price.
I was trying to avoid putting it up on Ebay-I believe it would sell for >$600 on Ebay.
If by chance a 4 year member with only 1 post wants to buy the book-they get to (for $600 +S&H)
What the hell, just trying to have fun. Tuesday it goes on Ebay. We will see then.

Jimimck
05-15-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm all up for trying to make things fun. I think some people have seemed to have missed that point - a new Grant DT book is fun!

willie3
05-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Having purchased from Jerome previously,
I can say it will be a pleasurable experience,
and you WILL be happy with your purchase.

Just sayin'

Karl

Rahfa
05-15-2011, 05:48 PM

The thing about being the seller of an item is I can make a "subjective distinction". The buyer can make an "educated purchase" The market will dictate the price.
I was trying to avoid putting it up on Ebay-I believe it would sell for >$600 on Ebay.
If by chance a 4 year member with only 1 post wants to buy the book-they get to (for $600 +S&H)
What the hell, just trying to have fun. Tuesday it goes on Ebay. We will see then.

Oh, absolutely....like I said in the first post, I think it's a cool idea.

My point was obviously completely missed. I was just saying that this shows how difficult any selling decision can be when it's a limited product. Once a cutoff is made to determine who gets what, nothing's "fair." So Grant is in a tough spot no matter what they do.

Obviously, in this case you can do whatever you want. It would just be funny if a hypothetical buyer complained about only getting a $150 discount instead of $200 because of time spent on the site, rather than their contributions. That's a similar argument that some customers are making against Grant's policy.

I think $600 would be a great price!

henry the tall
05-15-2011, 07:42 PM
**UPDATED 05/22/11**

Hey folks…..I wanted to say thanks for all the interest in my book and hope the few that have purchased are happy. I still have a quite a few available but most of the signed limited are gone as wel as the majority of the dark Tower books.

Feel free to touch base via email as well at tpjackson@mac.com if interested in any books…the email will alow me to pass along images.

All prices are negotiable and more so with multiple purchases.

BOOKS (all first except where noted)

I’m adding two early first editions:

The Shining: first edition with all correct notations – very good to fine condition - $225
The Stand – first edition with all correct notations – very good to fine condition - $275

**I have pics and will gladly pass along to interested folks…send me an email so I can pass them along.**

I also added a playboy and esquire I finally uncovered.

DARK TOWER **

dt7 - dark tower-grant- artist with eye doodle by artist - $95 - SOLD
Robert Browning Poems – 1898 – with “Child Roland to the Dark tower Came”

salems lot – book club - $10
carrie – book club - $10
night shift – not first - $10
the stand – book club - $10
the dead zone – 79 – 1st Easton – limited leather in slipcase - SOLD
the dead zone - viking
firestarter - viking
cujo - viking
danse macabre - everest
the running mam-82-signet - $40 - SOLD
different seasons-82-viking
christine – book club - $10
thinner-84-new american library - $50
the bachman books – 2nd printing
eyes of the dragon-viking
misery-87-viking
the tommynockers - 87-putnam
the tommynockers - putnam – 2 different covers
the pretty pony – knopf - $80
nightmares in the sky- 88
the dark half-89-viking
four past midnight-90-viking
needful things-91-viking
geralds game-92-viking
dolores Claiborne-93-viking
nightmares and dreamscape-93-viking
insomnia - gift edition
insomnia-viking
insomnia- reversed red and white on cover
rose madder-95-viking
the green mile-96-signet original paperback in slipcase
the green mile –scribner - hardcover
desperation-viking
regulators- dutton
bag of bones 98 scribner
storm of the century 99 pocket books
storm of the century signet
girl who loved tg 99 scribner
girl who loved tg – popup - $25
hearts of atlantis 99 scribner
on writing 00 scribner
secret windows 00 bomc
dreamcatcher 01 scribner
diary of ellen rimbauer 01 hyperion
everything's eventual 02 scribner
from a buick 8- scribner
blaze
lisey’s story
under the dome
colorado kid - 1st hardcase

AUDIO
cassettes
dt1-88-nal – read by sk
dt1 – 03-penguin
dt2-89-nal – read by sk
dt3 – penguin – read by sk
blood & smoke - 99-simon & schuster
cds
wavedancer
blood & smoke 99 simon & schuster

Magazines (title of short story – magazine title)
cemetary dance – fall 92 - chattery teeth-
cemetary dance – issue 48 – no king
cemetary dance – issue 49 – no king
cemetary dance – issue 50 – conversation w/king by tony magistrale
entertainment weekly – 06/11/04 - #769 – lines to live by
entertainment weekly – 07/09/04 – #773 - a kingdom that didn’t come
entertainment weekly – 09/17/04 - #784 – paint it black
entertainment weekly – 10/29/04 - #790 – pet peeves of 2004
entertainment weekly – 11/19/04 - #793 – a dozen thanks
esquire – 12/03 - rest stop
esquire – 07/07 - the gingerbread girl
Esquire – 07/09 - morality
fantasy & science fiction – 06/84 - the ballard of the flexible bullet - $15
fantasy & science fiction - 12/90 - the bear & the moving finger - $15
fantasy & science fiction - 02/78 - the night of the tigers - $20
fantasy & science fiction – 10-11/97 – everything’s eventual - $15
heavy metal – 07/81 - blue air compressor-
Life – 05/94 - On Little League Baseball-
marvel comic book – 12/01/85 – heroes for the hope staring the x-men-
midnight graffiti – spring 89 - rainy season-
new yorker – 01/29/01 - all that you love will be carried away - $10
new yorker – 04/16/90 - the sporting scene - $10
omni – 10/86 - the end of the whole mess-
rolling stone – 07/19-08/2 1984 - the revelations of 'becka Paulson-
startling mystery stories - the reaper's image- - $150
tv guide – 04/26-05/02 1997 - before the play-
twilight zone – 02/86 - the fifth quarter
USA today weekend – 06/30-07/02 1995 - lucky quarter - $12
weird book – spring 84 - gramma-
weird tales – fall 90 - the glass floor-
yankee – 11/81 - the reach (as do the dead sing?) - $17
yankee – 10/83 - uncle otto's truck - $17
playboy – 12/06 - willa
playboy – 11/09 – the bone church

short story (story title – book title)
the mist - dark forces – signed numbered #83 - $300
the mist - dark forces – first edition – signed by Kirby - $75
the mist - dark forces – book club - $10
the years finest fantasy – vol 2 1979 – the gunslinger
antaeus - blind willie-
borderlands 5 - stationary bike-
bred any good rooks lately? - for the birds-
dark love -lunch at the gotham café'-
night visions 5 - dedication & the reploids & sneakers - $45
devil's wine – hard cover first
great ghost stories – the reapers image 1st hard cover
I shudder at your touch - the revelations of 'becka Paulson-
legends - little sisters of eluria-
lo #10 - brooklyn august -
masques II - popsy-
prime evil - the night flier-
shadows - nona-
shock rock - you know they got a hell of a band-
whispers vol. 5 ~ #1-2 ~17/18 - before the play / it grows on you - $85
mcsweeney's thrilling tales - the tale of gray dick-
mcsweeney's enchanted tales - lisey & the madman-
new beginning's - lisey's story-
the things they left behind - transgressions –
dark dreamers – king & straub – 1st soft cover
tin house – summer 2006 – memory
postscripts – spring 2007 – graduation afternoon – trade hard cover

About Sk
Non fiction – numbered #360 - $100
bare bones-hard –grant – numbered #284
bare bones – 1st hard back
essential stephen king-stephen spignesi - #99 signed 9 contributors in hard plastic slipcase
stephen king trivia book - hardcover – signed by glen - $35
stephen king trivia book – paperback - $15
stephen king universe
sk encyclopedia ~ shape under the sheets-stephen spignesi
SK from A to Z-george beam – signed numbered #346 signed george beam - $65
stepehn king story-george beam
stephen king country-george beam
sk teacher's manual-nal - $20
sk shot john lennon – 1995 - steve lightfoot - $5
lighthouse iv – sk special issue 1 - #261
lighthouse v – sk special issue 2 - #261
lighthouse vi – sk special issue 3 - #215

Intro’s
ideal genuine man-don robetson - $7
graven images - $55
rosemary's baby-ira levin
diamonds are forever
Frankenstein-mary shelley

Ric
05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
THIS IS SOLD!

I am selling a signed/limited edition of Little Sisters of Eluria #727 along with the matching #727 Artist edition. Both books are F/F.

$700 for both books shipped to the U.S.

International buyers please PM me so I can give you a shipping quote.

Thanks!

Ric

JasonUK
05-18-2011, 04:18 AM
I'm selling my Lettered copy Stephen King's Blockade Billy. It is in new, unread condition and the price includes fully insured, tracked shipping anywhere in the world (where available).

eBay auction here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Blockade-Billy-Signed-Lettered-edition-/220781190459?pt=Fiction&hash=item3367959d3b)

Auction ends today at 14:14 PDT. Thanks for looking.

Jason

willie3
05-21-2011, 02:48 AM
If anyone ends up with an extra ARC of Dan Simmons' new novel Flashback
I would like to acquire a copy.
Please pm price.

Thanks All,
Karl

WeDealInLead
05-21-2011, 04:57 AM
http://shop.ebay.com/welcometolud/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A10%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1&rt=nc&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=1&_sc=1

reserves are reasonable. auctions end soon.

Ric
05-22-2011, 06:32 AM
SOLD!

Cook
05-23-2011, 10:43 AM
I have for sale:
Dan Simmons Signed/Limited Ilium/Olympos #48 (matching #'s)
They are in absolute mint condition.
If interested please PM me with a fair market value or possible trade.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/Ilium-Olympos48001.jpg?t=1306176137

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm interested in a "Colorado Kid" with a Potter Remarque?????????????????????????

WeDealInLead
05-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm interested in those Simmons' books but my wallet needs to recover from the It S/L. I'll buy them if you have them in two weeks and we figure out a reasonable price.

Shannon
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Hey WeDealInLead, I'll buy your It book and you can buy Cook's books then, what'dya think? :)

Merlin1958
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey WeDealInLead, I'll buy your It book and you can buy Cook's books then, what'dya think? :)

"Give it to Shannon, he buys Everything"!!!!!!!

LOL J/K LOL

Ric
05-24-2011, 06:25 PM

Did you not get an "It?"

Shannon
05-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I will buy everything! lol

And NOOOOOOO I didn't get an It! So sad! I guessed that would have been the big surprise also! Waited for the countdown, waited waited waited, went to work, countdown hit, went to cemeterydance.com, went to log in and BOOM ... blocked website. GOD DAMN MILITARY COMPUTERS!!!!!! And then, just as I was about to call my roommate (to log in and buy me one), my shop chief wants me to go to a briefing/meeting/training session. FU-UCK! Well, of course, it is on the other side of base. Four hours later ... I come back to work, log into the site, and the website was fucked up. I assume that meant they sold out, so I gave up my quest. Kind of ...

Got home, emailed CD, got a response saying the website overloaded and they will be up shortly ... they gave me a link to get on the waiting list. Got on the waiting list, went to sleep. Somewhere between my sleeping and going to work and logging onto the computer an email came into my mailbox ... "We have TEN left!" But of course, it was too late again.

I am sad. I don't have the $500 extra bucks to spend at the moment, but I'm Shannon, I would have bought one and then figured it out later, like everything else. :)

oy-the-brave
05-27-2011, 12:51 AM
I know this is a real longshot but I figured I would put this here before I try one of the major auction houses (if anyone has any tips about any of the big houses I would appreciate them). I need to pay some more bills and am offering my Bernie Wrightson original painting from Wolves of the Calla. The image size is approx. 8 X 12 the framed size is 15 X 19, I paid 5,000.00 directly from The Wrightsons but would sell for 4,000.00 including frame and insured shipping.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/wrightson2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/wrightson1.jpg

pm any questions to Dave.

Pasiuk57
05-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Dave
GREAT artwork!

carlosdetweiller
05-27-2011, 03:58 AM
It is nice. And nicely framed.

Cook
05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
(The Long Walk) Is sold ***
(New Terrors) Is sold ***

Cook
05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I have for sale "Song of Susannah's" signed artist edition, - **Sold**

Cook
05-29-2011, 06:24 AM
I also have for sale "The Dark Tower" signed artist edition, I purchased directly from Donald Grant Publishers.
As New sweet copy, no spine sag, as you can see from pics... Very nice
Time to purge extra's to make room for an already very expensive year with more to come.
Any reasonable offers accepted (please PM me)

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/DarkTowerVII002.jpg?t=1306678553
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/DarkTowerVII001.jpg?t=1306678875
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/DarkTowerVII003.jpg?t=1306679000

iowabob
05-31-2011, 09:18 AM
My wife says it's time to start clearing out some of the books I've accumulated over the past 30+ years. Due to recent interest in the Cemetery Dance edition of "It," I thought I'd try offering the following here before listing it on eBay:

ES (The German Language Edition of "IT"), Edition Phantasia, 1986. Black Leather in Slipcase. Fine (as new)/Not Issued in Dust Jacket. Private Press, Limited. Oversize. TRUE WORLD FIRST EDITION, numbered state. Limited to ONLY 250 numbered copies bound in full black leather with red and silver stamping, all edges red, with a bound-in bookmark. AS NEW in publisher's red velvet slipcase. Not issued in dust jacket. This copy is #238 of the only 250 numbered copies published. The book is unread and has been opened only to view and photograph the limitation page.

PLEASE NOTE: The book appears pristine. However, there is a very small bump to one corner of the slipcase, and a few very small closed "nicks" along the edge of the slipcase.

http://members.cox.net/iowabob/StephenKingBooks/Es/Es1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/iowabob/StephenKingBooks/Es/Es3.jpg

http://members.cox.net/iowabob/StephenKingBooks/Es/Es7.jpg

Additional images availabe using the following Facebook Album link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1983874727086.2116717.1549790465&l=2c626b6516 (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1983874727086.2116717.1549790465&l=2c626b6516)

$850.00 $750.00 $650.00 includes Priority Mail Shipping, Delivery Confirmation and USPS Insurance (US shipping only). Payment by PayPal, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Personal Check accepted. (Payment must clear before shipping.)

Questions or requests for additional information can be sent by PM or by e-mail to iowabob@cox.net (iowabob@cox.net). Thanks!

iowabob
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Wizard and Glass (Signed UK Edition)

Hodder & Stoughton, UK, 1997. Hard Cover. Book Condition: As New. Limited. 12mo - over 6ž" - 7ž" tall. This is the scarce UK special SIGNED and numbered limited edition. Offered here in stunning full red boards and gilt text to spine. Not Issued in Dust Jacket. Limited Edition of 500 numbered copies, of which this is copy #424. Red leather with gold foil lettering. In a black leather slipcase. A beautiful copy. Signed by Stephen King on a fixed bookplate as issued.

http://members.cox.net/iowabob/StephenKingBooks/BritishSL/WizardGlass1.jpg

http://members.cox.net/iowabob/StephenKingBooks/BritishSL/WizardGlass2.jpg

http://members.cox.net/iowabob/StephenKingBooks/BritishSL/WizardGlass3.jpg

Additional images availabe using the following Facebook Album link:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1983974849589.2116722.1549790465 (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1983974849589.2116722.1549790465)

$600.00 $500.00 includes Priority Mail Shipping, Delivery Confirmation and USPS Insurance (US shipping only). Payment by PayPal, Money Order, Cashier's Check or Personal Check accepted. (Payment must clear before shipping.)

ALSO AVAILABLE:

Desperation and Regulators (S/L UK Edition)

Hodder & Stoughton, London, 1996. Hard Cover. Book Condition: Fine. No Jacket. First Edition. True first edition of each title. #145/250 numbered two-book sets with author Stephen King Signed Bookplate affixed inside DESPERATION as issued. Blue "leather" with gold gilt spine lettering, ribbon marker, 545 + 334 (last numbered page is 327) pages. Two books (issued without Dust Wrappers) in one slipcase.

$500.00 $400.00 (Make an offer) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1984244416328.2116735.1549790465 (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1984244416328.2116735.1549790465)

Rose Madder (S/L UK Edition)

Hodder & Stoughton, London, 1995. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Limited Edition of 250, Numbered copies, of which this is copy #194/250. Red leather with gold foil lettering. In a red leather slipcase. Signed by Stephen King on a fixed bookplate as issued.

$450.00 $350.00 (Make an offer) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1984255216598.2116737.1549790465 (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1984255216598.2116737.1549790465)

Insomnia (S/L UK Edition)

Hodder and Stoughton, London, 1994. Dark Blue Leatherette. Book Condition: Fine. No Jacket. First Edition. 8vo - over 7ž" - 9ž" tall. 8vo., 650 pp. Limited Edition of 200, of which this is copy #80/200. Signed by Stephen King on a fixed bookplate as issued. Bound in publishers dark blue leatherette, spine lettered in silver.

$350.00 $250.00 (Make an offer) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1984249216448.2116736.1549790465 (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1984249216448.2116736.1549790465)

Questions, requests for additional information or offers can be sent by PM or by e-mail to iowabob@cox.net (iowabob@cox.net). Thanks!

different_seasons
06-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Still want to trade my signed FD,NS for an unsigned 1st ed of The Stand!

sgc1999
06-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Hi,
Can you send some pics? ill do the same of my copy of the stand. Thanks
Simon

nyy3723a
06-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi all -

While my request isn't really for "collectables", I know this is the place to ask.

In my collection, I've had 2 BCE edition "placeholders" for a while and I'm ready to swap them out. While I don't need first editions, I'm looking for "correct sized" copies of The Shining and The Dead Zone.

My copy of The Shining is too big and my Dead Zone is too small.

Can anyone help out? And, yes, I asked David at Betts already.

different_seasons
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi,
Can you send some pics? ill do the same of my copy of the stand. Thanks
Simon

Taken at the signing
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/fdns-1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/DSCF0052.jpg

I have two copies, both unread obviously. Looking for a really nice T39 copy.

AKC
06-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Anybody selling ANY Matching #'s DT II and DT III?

I gotta' get my set complete. I've got IV - LSOE # 32 and I know finding the matching #32 II and III will be a long quest.

Just trying to have as many volumes match as possible.

As a side note, what do u think? Is it necessary for them all to match?

Ric
06-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Tim,

We discussed this before, and you know it's totally subjective. :) Some collectors cannot sleep at night without a matching set and some do not care all that much. I tried to get a full matching set but I finally settled on #365 for I & II and #363 for the others. I consider it "close enough" for me. :lol:

The Gunslinger will obviously cost you the most, so if you're looking for a "placeholder" it would be better to try and find one (relatively) cheap rather than overpay just to have one now and then have to move it once (if) you find the matching one.

Shannon
06-04-2011, 10:09 AM
To me, collecting a matching numbered set doesn't, I just want one of everything. BUT, if you CAN, a matching set would be preferable. And also, I would buy the any numbered versions now, and then later on if and when I find a specific number, I would simply talk that person into trading me books, maybe even with a little money on top for their trouble.

AKC
06-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Tim,

We discussed this before, and you know it's totally subjective. :) Some collectors cannot sleep at night without a matching set and some do not care all that much. I tried to get a full matching set but I finally settled on #365 for I & II and #363 for the others. I consider it "close enough" for me. :lol:

The Gunslinger will obviously cost you the most, so if you're looking for a "placeholder" it would be better to try and find one (relatively) cheap rather than overpay just to have one now and then have to move it once (if) you find the matching one.

Thanks Ric. Your words of wisdom continue to guide my quest.

Our favorite little bookstore in NYC has a LOW NUMBER DT II which is one S/L that I don't have yet. Given the absolute scarcity of this edition, I am considering picking it up and perhaps searching for its #'d equivalent as well as my # 32 Volume DT III....

We just don't see the DT II S/L for sale very often. Especially under $1,000.....

I'm sure I'll see you soon.

Tim

sgc1999
06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
HI,
IF ANYONES INTERESTED I HAVE A FEW BOOKS UP ON EBAY FOR A VERY FAIR STARTING PRICE WITH NO RESERVE. THREE ARE SIGNED AND TWO INSCRIBED. ALSO HAVE #144 UNSIGNED ADVANCE PROOF OF LISEYS STORY UNREAD IN MINT CONDITION. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW,
SIMON
auction is under sgc1999
or click link and look at all from this seller. will be posting more soon too. I need money unfortunately need to sell some of my collection.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110697007695&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Randall Flagg
06-04-2011, 02:02 PM
HI,
IF ANYONES INTERESTED I HAVE A FEW BOOKS UP ON EBAY FOR A VERY FAIR STARTING PRICE WITH NO RESERVE. THREE ARE SIGNED AND TWO INSCRIBED. ALSO HAVE #144 UNSIGNED ADVANCE PROOF OF LISEYS STORY UNREAD IN MINT CONDITION. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET EVERYONE KNOW,
SIMON
auction is under sgc1999
or click link and look at all from this seller. will be posting more soon too. I need money unfortunately need to sell some of my collection.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110697007695&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
INTERESTING

Patrick
06-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Our favorite little bookstore in NYC has a LOW NUMBER DT II which is one S/L that I don't have yet. ...

What number is the book?

AKC
06-04-2011, 03:43 PM
# 8.........

Under $1,000 is a good price no?

Sam
06-04-2011, 11:46 PM
My air conditioner has gone out (AND I have a few new collectibles to pay for, ain't life grand), so I am now in a position to sell some books. Please make me an offer if you are interested in any of the books listed here. No offer is insulting, but be aware that just because I am motivated to sell doesn't mean that I will take a super low offer. Every serious offer will be considered.

Eyes of the Dragon #322 (Book is NOT in excellent condition. With a grading scale of Mint, Fine, Very Good, Good, and Poor I give the book a Fine and the slipcase a Very Good at best. Slipcase has cosmetic damage but it still structurally sound with no bends to the slipcase. I can provide pictures to interested parties.)

From a Buick 8 #238

Desperation with Remarque by Don Maitz, includes preliminary sketch of the remarque, print, and anything else that was provided by Don Maitz with the purchase.

Non-King items
Coraline by Neil Gaiman $80 + shipping (inscribed "-Margaret- Neil Gaiman and has a remarque/sketch. Picture can be provided. 1st edition, 15th printing)
Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell $30 + shipping (inscribed "To Margaret, Best Wishes Patricia Cornwell" and dated 10-23-98.)

NO OFFER IS AN INSULT (this isn't ebay, so super low offers WILL be declined). ALL OFFERS WILL BE READ AND RESPONDED TO (though that response will be "no thank you" on super low offers). PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. PAYPAL, CASHIER'S CHECK, PERSONAL CHECK, AND MONEY ORDER ACCEPTED (personal checks MUST clear before I can send anything).

frik
06-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Desperation with Remarque by Don Maitz, includes preliminary sketch of the remarque, print, and anything else that was provided by Don Maitz with the purchase.

Which one, Sam?

sk

Cook
06-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm still clearing a few odds & ends, this needs to find a good home
I have this Jack Ketchum Chapbook for sale
Please make reasonable offer, S/L #492 of 600
Feel free to PM me.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/SongofSusanna79001.jpg?t=1307288363
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/SongofSusanna79002.jpg?t=1307288774

iowabob
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
I've been playing with the idea of setting up a small website showing items that I would like to sell. Nothing fancy and no shopping cart, just a list of items with pictures and prices.

I would be grateful for any comments or feedback. I have boxes of stuff that I would like to offer to members, but need some input before deciding to continue with this project.

The page may be viewed at http://members.cox.net/stephenking/ (http://members.cox.net/stephenking/)

Thanks, any feedback or suggestions are appreciated!

cgallagh44
06-05-2011, 09:09 AM
I've been playing with the idea of setting up a small website showing items that I would like to sell. Nothing fancy and no shopping cart, just a list of items with pictures and prices.

I would be grateful for any comments or feedback. I have boxes of stuff that I would like to offer to members, but need some input before deciding to continue with this project.

The page may be viewed at http://members.cox.net/stephenking/ (http://members.cox.net/stephenking/)

Thanks, any feedback or suggestions are appreciated!

Just checked out your site-looks good...looking forward to seeing the rest of your Stephen King items. Do you have an ETA for the balance of your items? I was hoping this site would have done something like what you are doing...probably would have been a bear to manage.

iowabob
06-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Just checked out your site-looks good...looking forward to seeing the rest of your Stephen King items. Do you have an ETA for the balance of your items? I was hoping this site would have done something like what you are doing...probably would have been a bear to manage.
No ETA at this time, I'll continue adding items as time permits. Thanks for the feedback!

biomieg
06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
I like it, Bob (and I already saw something I'd like to take off your hands)!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Tip for iowabob. Put the link in your signature.

olverts
06-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Michaël your books on ebay never show up when i search for King proofs unless i go to advanced settings and choose From preferred locations :Worldwide
Did you use ebay.NL ?

billstand
06-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Signed LETTERED Riding the Bullet by Stephen King (Lonely Road Books, 2010)
Publisher's copy (PC) in as new, unread condition.

This is the only edition signed by King. Also signed by Mick Garris...a beautiful production. See below link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king40

List Price $750, for sale at $750 including insured postage within US (others locations at cost).

billstand@optonline.com

Randall Flagg
06-05-2011, 10:55 AM
billstand, I am going to approve your post, but being brand new here you might find it tough to sell a $750 item without your being vetted.

biomieg
06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Michaël your books on ebay never show up when i search for King proofs unless i go to advanced settings and choose From preferred locations :Worldwide
Did you use ebay.NL ?

Yes. I would have preferred to use ebay.com so I could reach a better target audience but if I do that I can't enter the proper shipping settings (or at least I haven't figured out how) and eBay thinks I will ship from the USA and it makes it hard to enter shipping quotes etcetera. I'm a newbie seller so if anyone here tells me I can do it differently, please let me know!

For now I'll just have to trust people to use the 'worldwide' setting I guess...

iowabob
06-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Tip for iowabob. Put the link in your signature.

Thanks, I plan to as soon as I'm reasonably certain that the images and links are working the way they're supposed to.

iowabob

EDIT: The link is there now next to "Other Items."

frik
06-05-2011, 12:06 PM
if anyone here tells me I can do it differently, please let me know!

message sent

sk

billstand
06-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Randall. Long time lurker and collector, new to posting.

sgc1999
06-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi,
Billstand i sent you an email.

Thanks, Randall. Long time lurker and collector, new to posting.

mcdonaldj
06-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks!

billstand
06-06-2011, 03:58 AM
-- S O L D --

Signed LETTERED Riding the Bullet by Stephen King (Lonely Road Books, 2010)
Publisher's copy (PC) in as new, unread condition.

This is the only edition signed by King. Also signed by Mick Garris...a beautiful production. See below link:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king40

List Price $750, for sale at $750 including insured postage within US (others locations at cost).

billstand@optonline.com

Merlin1958
06-06-2011, 06:05 AM
If anyone is interested, 1955spartan has a SOD Vol I Lettered "M" that's available. PM him if you're interested.

Randall Flagg
06-09-2011, 02:16 PM
For Sale:
Legacies S/L
New
PM if interested.
Will trade for S/L The Stand AND The Mist Snow-Globe.

Ari_Racing
06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
LOL!! You're mean! :)

Randall Flagg
06-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I really do have a S/L Legacies for sale......or trade.

Patrick
06-09-2011, 02:47 PM
:lol:

Randall Flagg
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I wasn't kidding. Copy #307 for sale.
The first person to offer (and pay) $750 will get the book and an extra "The Mist" Snow-globe I have laying around. I bought several dozen of the globes when the DVD was released. I knew the Managers at the two nearby Blockbusters and I bought every globe they had. The poor unwitting customers never got one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0dgKCIHfH0

Merlin1958
06-09-2011, 07:49 PM
I wasn't kidding. Copy #307 for sale.
The first person to offer (and pay) $750 will get the book and an extra "The Mist" Snow-globe I have laying around. I bought several dozen of the globes when the DVD was released. I knew the Managers at the two nearby Blockbusters and I bought every globe they had. The poor unwitting customers never got one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0dgKCIHfH0

My Snow-Globe is right side up, though!!!!!!! LOL

iowabob
06-11-2011, 06:42 PM
MODs, if this is in the wrong section or inappropriate, please feel free to move or delete it.

That said, I'm trying to build an online store from the ground up using Zen Cart's platform. This is a new experience for me, and with limited html / programming skills, it's going to take awhile to figure out.

I've set up the basic structure, integrated the USPS shipping calculator, integrated PayPal, and added 25 items just to get thing started.

If anyone here would like to visit, the store is located at http://www.iowabob.com/storefront (http://www.iowabob.com/storefront).

I'm aware of blank pages, mssing logos and cosmetic refinements that need to be made. At the moment, I'm really just looking for feedback to see if the store is even working for anyone besides me.

If you do visit, I'd appreciate comments or feedback either here or by PM.

Thanks!

Shannon
06-11-2011, 07:18 PM
I see it. :) Looks good.

Merlin1958
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Iowabob, I've seen your store and it looks good!!!!! For whatever it is worth, even though it does cost a few bucks, Ebay offers pretty easy Storefront options. I had one for awhile and it worked out great. No "programming needed" I was up and running in a 1/2 hour or so. Plus you get much more exposure.

Nevertheless, you're set-up looks great!!!!!!

:clap:

Shannon
06-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey iowabob, if you have a Mist snow globe, I call dibs. :)

Merlin1958
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Hey iowabob, if you have a Mist snow globe, I call dibs. :)

Sadly, rumor has it there is a "Call-Back" for TMSG's for "Stunt" roles. We "TMSG" owners should know more in the morning. Right now, TMSG is "tripping the light fantastic" with TH20SG in Scottsdale. Paris Hilton is rumored to be in attendance!!!!!!!! He may get lucky!!!!!

Shannon
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
May?

Merlin1958
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
May?

Well, a true gentleman, like TMSG, never, ever, will kiss and tell!!!!!!!!!

Fsmdr
06-11-2011, 09:23 PM
It does look very good!. The only comment I can add is looking at the home page, the tittles under the image of each item is rather small. I had a little difficulty in reading them. I compared it with Camelot's site and theirs are much more legible. Maybe the font size can be increased a little or is it the color of the lettering?. Not sure if it is because of my browser either.

iowabob
06-11-2011, 11:21 PM
... the tittles under the image of each item is rather small. I had a little difficulty in reading them. I compared it with Camelot's site and theirs are much more legible. Maybe the font size can be increased a little ...
Thanks for your input. I was able to increase the font size in the left and right side boxes. I'll try to do the same in the center column tomorrow morning. For now, I gotta get some sleep!

Sir_Boomme
06-12-2011, 08:47 AM
looks really really good and professional.
you should set up a consignment page, and allow others to post their stuff... for a commission of course.

how do you plan on marketing the page to get it up in the search engine listings?

Sir_Boomme
06-12-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm guessing you are going to put a nice header/log at the top togive unique identity to your site?

thanks for stopping by really doesn't work for me as a page title... maybe as a footer...

iowabob
06-12-2011, 11:00 AM
looks really really good and professional.
you should set up a consignment page, and allow others to post their stuff... for a commission of course.

how do you plan on marketing the page to get it up in the search engine listings?...

No marketing plans at the moment. Right now, my goal is just to develop an understanding of how Zen Cart works. Once that's accomplished, I'll be helping a neighbor set up an online store for his business.

My long-term plan is to establish the store for items including but not limited to Stephen King books. At the moment, I'm just listing duplicate King items and using the TDT members as guinea pigs to see if the thing even works.

I'm not sure how a conignment page mght work, but it's definitely something I'd consider doing for other TDT members. The main drawback that I can see would be not having items physically here in order to photograph and assess their condition when creating the listing. Anyone have comments on how a consignment section might work, and if there is any interest in participating by members here?

I'm guessing you are going to put a nice header/log at the top togive unique identity to your site?

thanks for stopping by really doesn't work for me as a page title... maybe as a footer...
Yup, trying to find an image or logo to go with it. The stuff at the top was generic, and I'm still trying to figure out how to replace and/or edit it to something more appropriate.

Thanks to all who have visied and been kind enough to comment on my initial efforts. I'll keep working on it, and adding additional items as time permits.

Sam
06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
For Sale:
#10 of 19 numbered EXQUISITE painted remarques from Don Maitz. This remarque is inside a copy (on the title page no less) of the Grant Gift Edition of Desperation. It is slipcased and ready to sit on YOUR shelf. It's a beautifully rendered piece that looks better in person than it does in this computer screen. Don't you want to be able to look at it any hour of the day instead of having to wait for your computer to come on and hope the connection is good today in order to see it? Included with the book is the preliminary sketch Don made before putting pen and brush to paper.

Art is just one of those things that if you like it, you like it, and if you don't, it's just not worth messing with. I really like this one. It's a really simple piece that doesn't have a whole lot going on that makes your eye wander over it, it's not bloody and gross like several of the other remarques that were done in that series, and it's doesn't have that creepy vibe that one or two of the remarques had. Desperation is a really gross and disgusting book and has many creepy moments within various scenes, so for Don to take something like the examination of one of the can-tah sculpture/rock carvings and make this little scene of it really was pretty cool. Or at least I thought so.

There are no bumped or otherwise damaged corners to the book or slipcase, and no other damageto the rest of the book or slipcase either. I also have to say that Desperation was one of those rare cases where the Gift Edition (which is what this copy is, a remarqued Gift Edition, #10 in a series of 19 remarques done by Don Maitz) was actually nicer looking than the Limited Edition.

Now for the cost. What does this baby cost? I will make it very simple. From my door to yours, well packed, insured for the FULL value, bubblewrapped well enough to protect it from damage should it experience a Kong like fall from the Empire State Building, ALL of this and the book for only $600. PM me if you are interested. Or I'll be forced to list it on ebay where the price won't be less, and the shipping won't be free.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/number_10_copy.jpg

herbertwest
06-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Nice wee store.
From a SEO point of view, i would recommend you to put it in http://www.iowabob.com/ and not in the "storefront" folder.
You should also edit a few things, and that includes the meta title & description of it (it is NOT indexed yet by google). The meta title of the HP is VERY important.

I did submit it for Google to browsing it and indexing it :-)

Randall Flagg
06-13-2011, 08:35 AM
I have a S/L Legacies for sale. PM me if interested.

sgc1999
06-13-2011, 09:56 AM
JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I HAVE A FEW SIGNED KING BOOKS ON EBAY AS WELL AS A FEW OTHER THINGS. HERES THE LINK. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK,
SIMON
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110700367436&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110701124946&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

CLICK "SEE OTHER ITEMS" TO VIEW ALL items for sale when you get to this ebay page.

Cutter
06-13-2011, 11:24 AM
oops - screw up

George at C-Springs
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
JUST WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW I HAVE A FEW SIGNED KING BOOKS ON EBAY AS WELL AS A FEW OTHER THINGS. HERES THE LINK. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK,
SIMON
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

SGC, I don't see a letter on your lettered Riding the Bullet; is it a PC (I don't see that either) or something else?

jhanic
06-13-2011, 01:15 PM
The listing has been pulled.

John

George at C-Springs
06-13-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm still seeing it John; listed June 13 @ 10:32. Re-listed? It looks good except for the missing letter!

sgc1999
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM
How much for the liseys story proof?

also heres the link to my riding the bullet lettered http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110701124946&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

SIMON

SGC, I don't see a letter on your lettered Riding the Bullet; is it a PC (I don't see that either) or something else?

Bump ...
Still for sale
Lisey's Story UK proof 44/100 no slipcase
UK Blackhouse sampler
He Is Legend TOR proof

Joe Hill
The Saved Ps Publishing un-signed
Looking Glass Cemetery Dance signed by Hill & others

Gunslinger Born comic number one signed by Peter David
Dark Tower Sketch Book signed by Peter David, Jae Lee, Richard Isanove, Robin Furth, Chris Eliopoulos

sgc1999
06-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi,
Its a PC copy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110701124946&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

SIMON

Randall Flagg
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
sgc1999, please don't come to the site with anything but pleasure and joy.
You have not "vetted" yourself (yet), to the members. Likely you are an amiable chap, but make friends here before you upset people.
One 'advisement'.

George at C-Springs
06-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Nice looking book SGC, hadn't seen a PC lettered of the Riding the Bullet yet. Hey, if you happen to have any The Mist snow-globes I can broker a deal for you (heh heh).

Garrell
06-13-2011, 04:24 PM
PC or not, very pretty book.

iowabob
06-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Nice wee store.
From a SEO point of view, i would recommend you to put it in http://www.iowabob.com/ and not in the "storefront" folder.
You should also edit a few things, and that includes the meta title & description of it (it is NOT indexed yet by google). The meta title of the HP is VERY important.

I did submit it for Google to browsing it and indexing it :-)
Thanks for the suggestion. I have moved it out of the storefront folder, so it should be easier to get to. I also changed the meta title & description. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow and see what I can do to make it better.

I also learned an important lesson today. Before attempting to move something, do a database backup first. I inadvertantly deleted the db when I moved the store, so all of the items that were listed are gone. Hopefully most of what I had listed will be restored tomorrow. I just need to find more time to get it done.

Thanks again to everyone that has visited and commented. I'm learning as I go, and having a good time doing it.

Ari_Racing
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm looking for a copy of Twice the power. Please PM if you have one.
Thanks!

sgc1999
06-14-2011, 10:43 AM
LOL, nice:)
Simon

Nice looking book SGC, hadn't seen a PC lettered of the Riding the Bullet yet. Hey, if you happen to have any The Mist snow-globes I can broker a deal for you (heh heh).

sgc1999
06-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Hi, sorry, wasnt trying to upset anyone just wanted to let everyone know i had some signed books up on ebay. If i accidentally did offend someone i am sorry. Everyone here seems very nice and very knowledgable. hope to get to know some of the members better in the near future. I have only been collecting for a few years so ive been doing more reading than chatting. As of a couple of weeks though, i have started checking this site for new books to add to my collection and sell some to trade up my collection. also to learn more about collecting. Unfortunitely had to sell some books to pay some bills.
Simon

sgc1999, please don't come to the site with anything but pleasure and joy.
You have not "vetted" yourself (yet), to the members. Likely you are an amiable chap, but make friends here before you upset people.
One 'advisement'.

Jimimck
06-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Hi Simon,
I'm not too sure what comments you've made that would have offended anyone, so no prob's here.
Welcome to the site!

Cheers
James

sgc1999
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
thanks James:)

iowabob
06-15-2011, 07:16 AM
I have a copy of the Secretary of Dreams Volume 1 Gift Edition that I'm willing to sell for $125.00 plus shipping. (The last one I saw sell on eBay went for over $150, so I hope ths is a reasonable price.) SOLD

Here's the catch. My store is coming along, but before I spend hours and hours entering new inventory, I need someone in the US to actually register an account, place an order, and make their payment using PayPal. This will allow me to check the functionality of several of the stores modules.

If anyone wants to give it a shot and buy the book, here's what to do:

1. Go to www.iowabob.com (http://www.iowabob.com)
2. At the top of the screen, click on Register/Log In
3. Create an account by filling in and submitting their information.
4. Log In (if the registration process doesn't automtically log you in.)
5. Locate "The Secretary of Dreams" book and add it to the shopping cart. (The price will show as $250.00. It will be reduced to $125.00 if you follow the rest of the instructions.)
6. Go to Check-Out.
7. IMPORTANT! When you are asked for a "Redemption Code," enter TDT50. (All Uppercase letters for TDT, numerals for 50). The invoice should show a discount of $125.00, lowering the cost of the book from $250.00 to $125.00.
8. Select your shipping method.
9. Select PayPal as the payment method and submit payment.

Only 1 copy of the book is available, and the "Redemption Code" will only work one time for this book. Hopefully someone needs a copy, and will give this a try.

If anyone has comments, questions, or encounters a problem with the store itself, please let me know. Thanks!

Patrick
06-15-2011, 04:10 PM
Welcome to TDT.org and Calvin's Corner, Simon!

Garrell
06-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Yea, I am Iowabob's first online customer:onfire:

iowabob
06-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Yea, I am Iowabob's first online customer:onfire:
Thanks Garrell for helping me test things. The order and PayPal payment came through without any problems!

Your book will go out this afternoon Priority Mail. I'll drop you an e-mail with the Delivery Confirmation # once it shps.

My parents will be here for the next 4 days, so there probably won't be anything added. Starting Tuesday, I'm ready to start adding stuff on a regular basis.

Thanks again to everyone that's helped with comments and bug reports, I appreciate it!

sgc1999
06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks Patrick:)
Simon

Welcome to TDT.org and Calvin's Corner, Simon!

sgc1999
06-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi,
A friend of mine has an auction going on ebay. He has some 1st edition king and some signed stuff. He is seriously legit, ive known him for years. I know im pretty new, but im sure if your interested in anything he has you will be able to tell its the real deal. I also have a few things up on ebay under (sgc1999). Just figured i would mention the auctions in case anyone is looking to add to there collection.
Simon

his auction- CLICK LINK TO RIGHT http://shop.ebay.com/sherlock221b/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
my auction- CLICK LINK TO RIGHT http://shop.ebay.com/sgc191999/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Randall Flagg
06-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Please post the links.

AKC
06-16-2011, 06:30 PM
If anybody is looking to "jumpstart" their collection by adding several Gift Editions, I am offering the following for sale:

Black House / Talisman
Desperation
Insomnia
From a Buick 8
Full Dark No Stars

All for $450.00 plus shipping. Collector Grade Condition.....

PM if interested.......

oy-the-brave
06-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I know this is a real longshot but I figured I would put this here before I try one of the major auction houses (if anyone has any tips about any of the big houses I would appreciate them). I need to pay some more bills and am offering my Bernie Wrightson original painting from Wolves of the Calla. The image size is approx. 8 X 12 the framed size is 15 X 19, I paid 5,000.00 directly from The Wrightsons but would sell for 4,000.00 including frame and insured shipping.

I checked with Heritage about the painting and they want to auction it but they charge 15% on the seller and 19 1/2% from the buyer which just seems ridiculous plus they will not do a reserve so too big a risk.

So after another 1,000.00 in vet bills in the last week, I am trying one last time here and am willing to take 3,500.00 and if you are a regular I would take 2 payments. Dave

Shannon
06-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I wish I could buy it. That's beautiful. Why not try eBay?

Rahfa
06-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Yeah, try Ebay at $4500 at least....It is a tough market for a quick sale of an item like that, but it's def. worth that much, if not more.

Cook
06-18-2011, 10:11 AM
If anybody is interested & you gotta have it... I have a couple of Heroes for Hope Comics I'd like to sell (make offer) or I prefer to trade for other SK items of interest.
Both editions fair condition(1 subscription, 1 retail) subtle differences between the two (I will provide additional pics if needed)

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/HeroesforHope001.jpg?t=1308419998

namelessnpoor
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Thinkig about selling my S/L Christine #874 and Six Stories #213. For the right price they can be yours, was looking to get around $750 for Christine and $600 for Six Stories. If your interested PM me or email me at rrdunaway@msn.com

AKC
06-19-2011, 07:51 AM
OK Forum "Junkies", I've shifted my SK collecting strategy and have decided to let go of a few of my S/Ls....

Desperation # 140 ($290.00)
From a Buick 8 # 367 ($325.00)
Black House # 557 ($290.00)

INCLUDES Domestic US Shipping.....

Will work with Buyer to get quote for INTL Shipping.....

PM if interested!

Randall Flagg
06-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Those are very good prices.

AKC
06-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Those are very good prices.

The 3 S/Ls have been SOLD!

That took 45 minutes.......Jerome, you were indeed correct, the prices were VERY GOOD!

Tim

Shannon
06-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Damnit, that's what I get for sleeping in.

CurtSeattle
06-20-2011, 08:10 AM
$175!!! NICE!!

How much are you looking to get for the combo of both book and DJ and how much for just the Dust Jacket? Is that tape on the DJ? Trying to gauge if it is better than the one I just got or not. :)

WeDealInLead
06-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Skeleton Crew S/L. Not in the best shape but not bad either. Buyer changed his mind on this one. I'm posting the eBay link instead of uploading the pictures again. $480 CAN with shipping included to N. America.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220785398950&ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT

PlayPhish
06-21-2011, 11:27 AM
So, the clutch has just gone on my car and it's not worth repairing for what it would cost on an 18 year-old vehicle, so if I thought these books needed to go before, they especially need to go now!

Limited editions signed by King:

The Colorado Kid $575 (#17 of 33 lettered edition)
The Dark Tower V $325 (#747) SOLD
The Dark Tower VI $325 (#747) SOLD
The Dark Tower VII $325 (#747) SOLD
Desperation $300 (#747) SOLD
Black House $300 (#747) SOLD
Six Stories $600 (PC)
Eyes of the Dragon $500 (#340)
Whispers $350 (Y of 26 copies)
Under the Dome $250 (signed, unnumbered as issued)
My Pretty Pony $125 (unsigned, slipcased as issued) SOLD
Dolan's Cadillac $250 (unsigned, Advance Proof)
Little Sisters of Eluria $75 (#747, Artist edition)

Limited editions about King:

The Road to the Dark Tower $325 (YY of 52 lettered edition)
Reign of Fear $250 (Y of 26 lettered edition)
The Essential Stephen King $50 (#461)
The Stephen King Trivia Book $300 (DD of 52 lettered edition)

WeDealInLead
06-21-2011, 12:12 PM
skeleton crew is back on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Stephen-King-Skeleton-Crew-S-L-SIGNED-SLIPCASED-/220802750513?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item3368de9831

AKC
06-21-2011, 05:19 PM
If anybody is looking to "jumpstart" their collection by adding several Gift Editions, I am offering the following for sale:

Black House / Talisman
Desperation
Insomnia
From a Buick 8
Full Dark No Stars

All for $450.00 plus shipping. Collector Grade Condition.....

PM if interested.......

SOLD!!!!! SOLD!!!!!! SOLD!!!!!! to a TDT Forum Junkie!!!!!!
:excited::excited::excited:

Shannon
06-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow, this is definitely a buyer's market. It's a feeding frenzy! :)

Ari_Racing
06-21-2011, 06:12 PM
;)

Sam
06-22-2011, 12:28 PM

I checked with Heritage about the painting and they want to auction it but they charge 15% on the seller and 19 1/2% from the buyer which just seems ridiculous plus they will not do a reserve so too big a risk.

So after another 1,000.00 in vet bills in the last week, I am trying one last time here and am willing to take 3,500.00 and if you are a regular I would take 2 payments. Dave

I think people are right Dave. Go for ebay. I saw one of Wrightson's pieces go for $4000 at a live Art Auction just this month (June) and it was nowhere NEAR as detailed as this piece, plus it wasn't already framed. I wish I could afford to buy it from you, but I simply can't. Post it in the Art section and also in the Books section and Collectibles under Original Art if you can. Good luck with it.

Sam

e_taylor
06-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Have a few higher ticket items available:

Stephen King - One for the Road - PS Publishing - 1/100 Signed/Numbered Slipcased - Signed by Artist - New (still en route to me... damn Canada Post strike) - $160 shipped
Simon Clark - Blood Crazy - Cemetery Dance LETTERED - F/F/F - $140 shipped
HP Lovecraft - Masters of the Weird Tale - Centipede Press 1/300 - F/F/F - $295 shipped ($395 list price)
Brian Keene - Rutting Season - Bloodletting Press LETTERED (PC Copy) - F/F/F - $300 shipped
Edward Lee - Sex, Drugs & Power Tools - Necro Publications S/L (unnumbered) - NF/NF - $130 shipped

Prices include shipping within North America. International will be extra, and depends on destination.

PM me if interested.

sgc1999
06-23-2011, 12:27 PM
If anyones interested in a pc lettered of riding the bullet let me know ill sell it to a member for $750 wich is what i paid, if whoever buys it will cover shipping.
You can see it on ebay, i will pull it off if there is any member interest.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110706519887&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Simon

TwistedNadine
06-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Selling my duplicates so I have cash for a rare (expensive) item. All are signed first editions, first printings - most NF, a few VG+. PM offers and pic requests:
Bag of Bones Flatsigned - SOLD
Christine inscribed 1983
Dark Half "to Linda" signed not dated - SOLD
Firestarter inscribed 1980 - SOLD
Liseys Story flatsigned - SOLD
Needful Things Flatsigned - SOLD
Talisman SK signed dated 1984 (not signed by Straub) - SOLD
Under the Dome in the Collectors slipcase flatsigned with provenance - SOLD

AKC
06-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Flatsigned Needful Things claimed by A K CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!

:excited::clap::nana::dance:

TwistedNadine
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Thank You Avid!

Shannon
06-23-2011, 08:33 PM
A K CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!! :)

tippy4
06-25-2011, 09:49 AM
S/L DT2 and S/L DT3 with the same low#227 $1500 for both SOLD
Signed 1st/1st of Full Dark, No Stars in fine condition $225 SOLD
Gift Edition of Full Dark No Stars in fine condition $125
1st Edition of The Waste Lands in shrinkwrap $80
S/L Grant Prime Evil in fine condition $310 SOLD
S/L Quietly Now PC in fine condition $132 SOLD
Gift Edition of The Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 (small ding to slipcase) $50 SOLD
Collector's Edition of Under The Dome in near fine condition $35
S/L The Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 in near fine condition (a couple minor scuffs to traycase) $315
S/L The Secretary of Dreams Volume 2 in fine condition $355
S/L Transgressions in fine condition $375 SOLD
S/L Fantasy and Science Fiction December 1990 in fine condition $125
S/L PC Dark Tower 6 (no slipcase) $225 SOLD
Artist edition Dark Tower 7 in fine condition $75
Wizard & Glass 1st edition in near fine condition $80

I need to move some books!

Trying to put some money away for a vacation.

All prices include shipping and insurance in the U.S..

PM me if you are interested.

killbourne
06-25-2011, 02:06 PM
tippy..pm'd

killbourne
06-25-2011, 03:06 PM
tippy4....i cant send you a PM. Im getting a msg that your inbox is full. :(

killbourne
06-25-2011, 03:12 PM
tippy4...this is the error msg that im getting when I try to send you a PM.

The following errors occurred with your submission
tippy4 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

So, hopefully, we will be able to get in touch with each other to do some business. At this moment, Im heading out the door to go get some groceries. I will be back in an hour or so.

sgc1999
06-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi,
My Name is Simon. I would like to buy Transgressions s/l, Prime evil s/l and quietly now s/l. Let me know if you get this. Also im sure there is much interest so if even one of these is available that would be fine.
Thanks,
Simon

tippy4
06-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Hi,
My Name is Simon. I would like to buy Transgressions s/l, Prime Evil s/l and Quietly Now s/l. Let me know if you get this. Also im sure there is much interest so if even one of these is available that would be fine.
Thanks,
Simon

Invoice sent Simon!

AKC
06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
Selling my duplicates so I have cash for a rare (expensive) item. All are signed first editions, first printings - most NF, a few VG+. PM offers and pic requests:
Bag of Bones Flatsigned
Christine inscribed 1983
Dark Half "to Linda" signed not dated
Firestarter inscribed 1980
Liseys Story flatsigned
Needful Things Flatsigned - SOLD
Talisman SK signed dated 1984 (not signed by Straub)
Under the Dome in the Collectors slipcase flatsigned with provenance

Flatsigned Talisman claimed by A K CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!
:excited::clap::nana::dance:

TwistedNadine
06-27-2011, 08:30 AM
You're the man, Avid!! Thanks again.

Nerak
06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
I am looking to sell my PC copy of LSOE DX and will guarantee you my PC copy of WTTK. Make me as offer. I will leave this open for 24 hours then take it to ebay.
I need to fix my van and the book needs to go.
I think I need a better paying job!! Wait, just ANOTHER better paying job...I like this one too much to leave!!!

SOLD as of 11:48am 6/28/11

AKC
06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Anyone interested in the Centipede S/L 'Salem's Lot # 4 of 315.......

I am contemplating releasing it. Bills are staring to pile up....

Let me know.

Tim

5:45 PM UPDATE: SOLD

AKC
06-28-2011, 05:57 AM
NO LONGER FOR SALE! I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THEM! THAT SIGNED DT VI IS RARE! ONLY 250 PRODUCED!

SELLING:

1st/1st DT Trade Editions SIGNED by the artist:

DT II: Signed by Hale
DT V: Signed by Wrightson
DT VI: Signed by Anderson
DT VII: Signed by Whelan (with Ka Symbol)

Great way to start the quest of collecting a set of 1st/1st DT Books signed by the respective artist. I also have an extra 1st/1st of both DT III and DT IV that I could include (UNSIGNED) as well....

PM if interested....

Tim

WeDealInLead
06-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Does book 7 come with the same print Whelan sells it with or was this a trade you had him sign?

AKC
06-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Does book 7 come with the same print Whelan sells it with or was this a trade you had him sign?

To be honest, not sure. I think there is a small print with it. Let me check when I get home tonight! If you want me to send pics, send me a PM with your email address!

TW

mikeC
06-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Has anyone actually seen season 1 Haven press kit?
http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2080
I've been looking for a year and have never seen one come up.

WeDealInLead
06-28-2011, 07:27 AM
I've seen the print on Whelan's website so just send a PM to confirm when you get a chance. I'm interested in books 5-7 or 5 and 6 depending on if there's a print with 7.

Room 217 Caretaker
06-28-2011, 08:03 AM

I have a different release press kit. Can be seen here, scroll down to post #409 in The Closet

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?9183-Book-Collection-mulleins/page17

mikeC
06-28-2011, 10:34 AM

I have a different release press kit. Can be seen here, scroll down to post #409 in The Closet

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?9183-Book-Collection-mulleins/page17

Cool, I really like the postcards that the one from Hans Ake's site shows, just weird that I haven't seen it anywhere.
Thanks for posting that link I really enjoyed seeing the Print Press stuff from the NG poem.

jhanic
06-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Somehow I ended up with an extra. $50 includes Media Mail shipping here in the USA. Shipping overseas will be at cost -$5.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr60/johnhanic/Other_Proofs/DarkMasquesprooffront.jpg

PM me if interested.

John

SOLD!!

John

e_taylor
06-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Have a few higher ticket items available:

Stephen King - One for the Road - PS Publishing - 1/100 Signed/Numbered Slipcased - Signed by Artist - New - $160 shipped
Simon Clark - Blood Crazy - Cemetery Dance LETTERED - F/F/F - $140 shipped
HP Lovecraft - Masters of the Weird Tale - Centipede Press 1/300 - F/F/F - $295 shipped ($395 list price)
Brian Keene - Rutting Season - Bloodletting Press LETTERED (PC Copy) - F/F/F - $300 shipped

Prices include shipping within North America. International will be extra, and depends on destination.

PM me if interested.

Bump!

iowabob
07-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I just added a handful of proofs and a few UK 1st Editions, including nice copies of Danse Macabre, Dark Forces and Christine to my shop at iowabob.com (http://www.iowabob.com).

Also, for thedarktower.org members that would like to make a purchase: Enter the code "TDT20" (without quotes) during check-out, and the total on any items purchased will be discounted by 20%. This offer good through July 7, 2011.

Current pricing is based on personal experience and what I can find listed at abebooks, Hutch's store, Bett's Bookstore, The Stephen King Collector and other online sources. I've been out of the King collectables loop for several years, so if there's something of interest but the price doesn't feel right, please feel free to PM an offer.

There's lots more to come, I just need to find the time to get it all photographed, scanned and entered in the shop.

Bloodletting Press
07-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I've recently listed a King lettered and a limited editions at Bloodletting Books :onfire:

The SECRETARY OF DREAMS Volume One by Stephen King (Signed Deluxe Lettered Edition ) http://bit.ly/maXusO

LEGACIES by Stephen King, Clive Barker, Ray Bradbury, Dean Koontz (Signed Limited Edition) http://bit.ly/lYTVx9

If you have any questions regarding these or other titles you can email me at bloodletting@me.com

biomieg
07-02-2011, 01:09 AM
Anyone interested in some 'as new' gift editions?

Cemetery Dance FROM A BUICK 8 - SOLD
Cemetery Dance FULL DARK, NO STARS

PM me if you're interested in one or both of them and we'll talk about the price. Remember, these will ship from The Netherlands!

*edit: I'm always willing to work out a trade if you have something I need.

carlosdetweiller
07-02-2011, 03:54 AM
I've recently listed a King lettered and a limited editions at Bloodletting Books :onfire:

The SECRETARY OF DREAMS Volume One by Stephen King (Signed Deluxe Lettered Edition ) http://bit.ly/maXusO

LEGACIES by Stephen King, Clive Barker, Ray Bradbury, Dean Koontz (Signed Limited Edition) http://bit.ly/lYTVx9

If you have any questions regarding these or other titles you can email me at bloodletting@me.com

That is a good price on the lettered SOD. Issue price (or close to it, IIRC).

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-02-2011, 04:01 AM

Is it Lettered, or a PC? It does not say which.

Bloodletting Press
07-02-2011, 10:21 AM

Is it Lettered, or a PC? It does not say which.

The Secretary of Dreams is a lettered edition this copy is letter "V" of 52

Bloodletting Press
07-02-2011, 11:18 AM

I just dropped the price on the Legacies to $395 too :rock:

Cook
07-03-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm looking to sell a few extra items, if your interested, please feel free to PM me with an offer.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/Blockade-uncorrected001.jpg?t=1309913443

iowabob
07-04-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm now accepting offers on these 2 books:

1. Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, Thorndike Press.
2. The Breathing Method, Chivers (UK).

http://www.iowabob.com/images/iowabob/OFFERS-07-04-11.JPG

Larger scans and more details are available here (http://iowabob.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16).

super sam
07-04-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm now accepting offers on these 3 books:

1. Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, Thorndike Press.
2. The Breathing Method, Chivers (UK).
3. The Shining, New English Library, UK 1st Edition.

Larger scans and more details are available here (http://iowabob.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16).

Is it one offer/person? And how long will you take offers?

Merlin1958
07-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Looks like it sold. The Shining U.K., I mean.

iowabob
07-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like it sold. The Shining U.K., I mean.
Maybe I should clarify a bit more.

All three books show with their descriptions in the store. Since I'm looking for offers, I did not set a price, and set the quantity to zero. This makes it appear that the books are sold. Until I receive and accept an offer, the following text will appear at the very top of the page:

This book IS available for sale.

If the book(s) sell, I'll change it to read:

SOLD!

And to super sam, I actually have prices in mind for 2 of the 3 books. If I receive an offer that comes close or goes over, I'll probably just sell the book and move on to something else. If no offers are received or the price is not acceptable, I'll try eBay to see what the response from a larger audience is.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.

biomieg
07-04-2011, 09:20 PM
One PM coming your way, Bob.

iowabob
07-05-2011, 05:35 AM
A short update regarding "Rita" and "Breathing Method."

When I posted the books with the "Make An Offer" approach, I had no idea that there would be this much interest in the books. I expected 1 or 2 inquiies or offers, and assumed that it would be an easy decision whether or not to sell the books. Instead, in less than 2 days, I've received e-mails and PMs from about 12 members for Rita, and 5 or 6 for Breathing.

It was not my intention to turn this into an auction, and want to apologize for creating an awkward situation. In order to be as fair as possible to everyone that has written, I will be selling the books to someone from tdt.org. I will stop accepting offers at Noon on Friday, July 8, and will notify the person with the best offer at that time.

In order to avoid this kind of chaos in the future, I'll stick to listing books at a fixed price. If I'm unsure of value and someone feels an item is priced too high, I'm always willing to consider reasonable offers.

Thanks to everyone for their responses, and for your understanding. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

iowabob

Tito_Villa
07-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Thats a nice Shinning UK 1st, interested to see what you get for it because i have 1 in very similar condition!

PlayPhish
07-05-2011, 07:32 AM
Books that remain:

Six Stories
$550 (PC)

Eyes of the Dragon
$475 (#340) A flew blemishes to slipcase

Whispers
$325 (Y of 26 copies)

Under the Dome
$250 (signed, unnumbered as issued)

Dolan's Cadillac
$250 (unsigned, Advance Proof)

The Road to the Dark Tower
$250 (YY of 52 lettered edition)

Reign of Fear
$225 (Y of 26 lettered edition)

The Essential Stephen King
$50 (#461)

The Stephen King Trivia Book
$250 (DD of 52 lettered edition)

SOD II
$1250 (PC Lettered) Will change shipping address for new owner when book is released.

Cook
07-05-2011, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=Cook;625192]I'm looking to sell a few extra items, if your interested, please feel free to PM me with an offer.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/Blockade-uncorrected001.jpg?t=1309913443

Update! W&G Chapbook is sold.

e_taylor
07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
No interest in my copy of "One for the Road"? The slipcased 1/100 numbered and signed by artist edition....

Book, jacket and slipcase all in fine condition....

Someone throw me an offer!

mcdonaldj
07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Hello, I've got some S/L Dark Tower books for sale, prices negotiable: http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

jhanic
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Here's a better link:

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=629

John

Cook
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Accepting offers on last book, I will ship overseas.

Blockade Billy is SOLD
Accepting offers on IO, buyer backed out, sold
Wizard & Glass Chapbook has SOLD

oy-the-brave
07-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I listed my Bernie Wrightson painting on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140573445059

Merlin1958
07-05-2011, 06:50 PM
With all due respect, you paid Wrightson 5 Grand for an 8x12"?

That seems a bit high. I bet you're a preferred customer!!

Wow!!! Sorry, I just didn't think he could command that kinda price range!!!!

oy-the-brave
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
With all due respect, you paid Wrightson 5 Grand for an 8x12"?

That seems a bit high. I bet you're a preferred customer!!

Wow!!! Sorry, I just didn't think he could command that kinda price range!!!!

Patrick
07-05-2011, 10:13 PM
He's a well-known illustrator, the painting looks fantastic, and it represents a key plot development (I mean, it's meaningful to the story). I can see why the original painting would command a solid price, especially if purchased in a strong economic climate.

Shannon
07-06-2011, 05:11 AM
I would think that 4-5 thousand dollars is a normal price for such a piece, I mean, think about, when shopping for other artwork nowadays, from lesser known artists selling lesser known pieces from lesser known books, sometimes the prices are still up there in the 3-4 thousand dollar range. I love that piece, but I am not in the position to spend $4,000 on some art right now.

Rahfa
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, it will take some time to sell...just not an impulse-buy type item.

But, $5K was fine to buy it at...it's a unique item, and that's a fair price on everyone's end. Might take a lot of patience, but it will sell!

Merlin1958
07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I apologize, I was just really surprised. I meant no disrespect to anyone.

Posting before thinking will do it everytime!!!

biomieg
07-09-2011, 05:09 AM
This isn't a Classified per se but.... the Dutch publisher of Mr. King's books will be issuing a limited HC edition (print run 1,000 copies) of 11/22/63 later this year. This is somewhat special because 99% of all books here are published in trade paperback format.

Anyway, I know there are some people here who have an interest in foreign editions so if you'd like to get one of these just shoot me a PM and we'll arrange something.

PS This is not a signed/limited of course, just limited.

darkdiscoveries
07-09-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't believe I posted it over here, but a while back I expanded the Dark Discoveries Website to include a few new and used books from some of my fellow publisher friends at Cemetery Dance, Necessary Evil Press, Overlook Connection, Bad Moon, Biting Dog, Tasmaniac, Thunderstorm and others (much in the spirit of WHISPERS Stuart David Schiff's offerings back in the '70's). I'm expanding my store even more now and offering even more titles from authors that have been in DD (or that will be in the future) to give people a chance to check out more of the author's work and maybe try a publisher they haven't yet.

I've just uploaded a huge amount of new, used and preorder titles and have got over 200 titles up on the site now. Here are just a few of the books for sale now and some are out of print and very tough to find (or are signed by some contributors and unavailable elsewhere):

BAD CANDY (Promotional Chapbook w/ Al Sarrantonio & Paul Melniczek - Bad Moon) Our price $11.99.

KEALAN PATRICK BURKE - MASTER OF MOORS (Signed/# NEP HC – List Price $45) Our Price: $26.99.

KEALAN PATRICK BURKE - THE TURTLE BOY: PERGRINE'S TALE (Signed/# Cemetery Dance Signature Series HC- list price $35 - OOP) Our Price: $29.99.

THE BLEEDING EDGE – Edited by William F. Nolan & Jason V Brock (Signed 1st Trade HC – Featuring Bradbury, Mathesons, Lansdale, O’Bannon, Johnson, Shirley, Braunbeck, etc. – Signed by 4 - $64.95 list price) Our Price: $44.99.

BRETT McBEAN - CONCRETE JUNGLE (Signed/# Trade Paperback - Tasmaniac Press - list price $14) Our price $9.99.

MICHAEL LOUIS CAVILLO - AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $40 list price) Our price $19.99.

TIM CURRAN - BONE MARROW STEW (Signed/# Tasmaniac HC – List Price $40) Our Price: $29.99.

JOHN EVERSON - SIREN (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $60 list price) Our price $34.99.

RAY GARTON - MAN IN THE PALACE THEATER (Signed/# Chapbook - Subterranean Press) Our price $14.99.

IN LAYMON'S TERMS (Trade HC – Cemetery Dance - List price $50) Our Price: $43.99.

BRIAN KEENE - THE CAGE (Signed ARC/Proof Copy - Cemetery Dance) Our price $24.99.

JACK KETCHUM – OFFSPRING (Signed Overlook Connection TPB – list price $19.99) Our Price: $14.99.

NATE KENYON - SPARROW ROCK (Signed/# HC - Bad Moon - $55 list price) Our price $24.99.

EDWARD LEE - LUCIFER'S LOTTERY (Signed/# HC – Cemetery Dance - list price $40) Our Price: $35.99.

RICHARD MATHESON - DARKER PLACES (Signed/# Gauntlet Press HC - OOP) Our Price: $99.99.

PAUL MELNICZEK - A HAUNTED HALLOWEEN (Signed/# HC - Dark Regions Press - list price $45) Our price $32.99.

LISA MORTON - THE SAMHANACH (Trade Paperback novella - Bad Moon - List price $13.99) Our price $7.99.

JAMES NEWMAN - ANIMOSITY (Signed/# NEP HC – List price $45) Our Price: $29.99.

NORMAN PARTRIDGE - JOHNNY HALLOWEEN (Signed/# HC - Cemetery Dance - $30 list price) Our price $25.99.

TOM PICCIRILLI - FUTILE EFFORTS (Signed/Limited Cemetery Dance HC - list price $40 - OOP) Our price: $29.99.

NORMAN PRENTISS - 4 LEGS IN THE MORNING (Signed ARC/Proof Copy - Cemetery Dance) Our price $19.99.

AL SARRANTONIO - HALLOWEEN & OTHERS (Signed Cemetery Dance HC – list price $40 - OOP) Our Price: $19.99.

SCREAMPLAYS (ARC/Proof Copy - Cemetery Dance - w/ Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Richard Matheson, Laymon, Lansdale, etc.) Our price $39.99.

STEPHEN KING - DARK TOWER 2 (1st Trade Edition HC - Grant) Our price $89.99.

STEPHEN KING - DARK TOWER 3 (1st Trade Edition HC - Grant - Still Sealed) Our price $112.99.

STEPHEN KING - THE STAND (1st Trade Edition HC - Doubleday) Our Price $124.99.

JEFF STRAND - DWELLER (Signed/# HC - Dark Regions Press - list price $50) Our price: $37.99.

SON OF RETRO PULP TALES – Edited by Joe & Keith Lansdale (1st Trade HC – Subterranean Press – Signed by Nolan & the Lansdales – list price $40) Our price $24.99.

PETER STRAUB - PORK PIE HAT (Signed Trade HC – Cemetery Dance - $19.99 list price for unsigned) Our Price: $14.99.

JEFFREY THOMAS - THE FALL OF HADES (Signed/# HC - Dark Regions Press - list price $45) Our price $32.99.

JEFFREY THOMAS - DOOMSDAYS (Signed/Lettered Edition HC w/ Slipcase - Dark Regions Press - list price $150) Our price $59.99.

WRATH JAMES WHITE - POPULATION ZERO (Signed/# HC - Cargo Cult Press - list price $50) Our price $42.99.

And many more! I've got a page for rare magazines, a Stephen King page, Pre-Orders, New Arrivals and various other publisher pages. Here's the link to the front page of the webstore and just click on the side menu for individual publishers and items:

http://darkdiscoveries.1freecart.com/

You can also email me directly for any orders at: darkdiscoveries@msn.com . I'll be continuing to add more and more books and magazines as time goes on so keep checking back. And I welcome want lists as well. If you're looking for something in particular, please let me know as I have a good chance I can get ahold of it for you.

AND I ALMOST FORGOT! If you enter DD10 into the shopping cart during checkout you can get an extra 10% off your order. I had originally just did it through June but decided to extend it through the Summer since it's going so well and i'm still trying to get the word out.

(*With the exception of certain heavier books, Shipping is always a one-time charge of $3 for the US, $4 for Canada and $8 for overseas - no matter what the size of the order is)

- James Beach
Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
Dark Discoveries

Randall Flagg
07-10-2011, 06:29 AM
I am going to merge this into our Classified Thread. There are some really cool items in it.

darkdiscoveries
07-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I am going to merge this into our Classified Thread. There are some really cool items in it.

Thanks Randall! Sorry to put it in the wrong place to start with!!!

- James

Dolso
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I also posted this in the 'Other Authors' Thread. If any one is interested in a slipcase for Neil Gaiman/Al Sarantonio S/L "Stories" either PM or email me. The case is made of finished Mahogany with a blue (to match the spine of the book) liner.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/Liner_doc.JPG

You'd have several choices/possibilities for the case ......
Unengraved........

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/IMG_2401_doc.JPG

engraved with simulation of the signature page with title, editors & border ... engraved with sig page and simulated marble boards.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/Stories_w_book_2_doc.JPG

Since I tried the marble engraving with three different sizes, you'd have your choice - a small tight marble (left side), large loose (right side) and in-between (on the case).....

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/686/medium/sm_lg_comparison_marble_doc.JPG

Dick

WeDealInLead
07-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm selling my statue of Oy. Hand painted and signed by McVey. These are still available for $100 + shipping. I'll sell mine for $80 shipped. It was an impulse buy I can live with but I'd rather have a new book on the shelf.

biomieg
07-13-2011, 04:36 AM
To Whom It May Concern: I recently obtained the Dutch Stephen King collectors 'Grail' - a numbered hardcover edition of THE STAND (issued in 1992, print run 750 copies). A very hard to find book that typically sells for €100 - €125 ($140 - $175). I wish to sell it because it has suffered from sun fading on the spine (a little bit). I know it's a long shot but if you're interested, please send me a PM.

This pic is not mine but Siep's, just to give you an idea of what it looks like:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8598/stephenkingdefinitive03.jpg

*edit 1: this is the uncut version of the tale.
*edit 2: there is a limitation page in the book. It is not signed!
*edit 3: because my copy has suffered from a bit of sunfading (very lightly) I will sell it for less than what I mentioned above.

Stockerlone
07-13-2011, 05:07 AM
To Whom It May Concern: I recently obtained the Dutch Stephen King collectors 'Grail' - a numbered hardcover edition of THE STAND (issued in 1992, print run 750 copies). A very hard to find book that typically sells for €100 - €125 ($140 - $175). I wish to sell it because it has suffered from sun fading on the spine (a little bit). I know it's a long shot but if you're interested, please send me a PM.

This pic is not mine but Siep's, just to give you an idea of what it looks like:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8598/stephenkingdefinitive03.jpg

*edit 1: this is the uncut version of the tale.
*edit 2: there is a limitation page in the book. It is not signed!
*edit 3: because my copy has suffered from a bit of sunfading (very lightly) I will sell it for less than what I mentioned above.

YES, it´s HARD to find.....

namelessnpoor
07-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Looking to sell my S/L Christine #874 and Six Stories #213. For the right price they can be yours, was looking to get around $750 for Christine and $600 for Six Stories. If your interested PM me or email me at rrdunaway@msn.com
Would really like to sell them soon, sold most of my S/L's, not much in to them anymore. Going on vacation at the end of the month and may as well have a good time with the extra spending money !!
Will include free shipping in the US.
SOLD AND SOLD

Randall Flagg
07-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I have a signed and dated copy of Dan Simmons "Flashback". I doubt you will find one with an earlier signing date. Make reasonable offer.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1310518390-IMG_3138.JPG

Bloodletting Press
07-13-2011, 03:42 PM

Just dropped the price on the SECRETARY OF DREAMS lettered edition by over $100 bucks. This is now below issue price! http://bit.ly/maXusO

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/bloodlettingpress/SAM_0613.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/bloodlettingpress/SAM_0615.jpg

Shannon
07-13-2011, 05:06 PM
biomieg and namelessnpoor, I hate you guys! lol, how am I supposed to be trying to save money when I see some GREAT stuff like what you are trying to sell? lol

Bloodletting Press
07-13-2011, 06:26 PM

Just dropped the price on the SECRETARY OF DREAMS lettered edition by over $100 bucks. This is now below issue price! http://bit.ly/maXusO

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/bloodlettingpress/SAM_0613.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/bloodlettingpress/SAM_0615.jpg

This item is now SOLD Thanks!

Tito_Villa
07-14-2011, 03:26 AM
I have a UK 1st of 'The Dead Zone in very good condition up for grabs :) pm if interested and i should have detailed pics later tonight

AKC
07-14-2011, 07:52 AM
I gotta' an extra S/L Billy Blockade for sale.......

#102 of 350.....

PM/Make offer if interested!

AKC

SOLD