PDA

View Full Version : Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90

Roseannebarr
11-21-2018, 06:03 AM
We did not even get them in us yet either right?

Cwalker
11-21-2018, 06:40 AM
From their update page...
Flight or Fright edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent (ARTIST EDITION)
We can now share some production news on the Gift Edition and Lettered Edition for the collectors who selected those editions, which will see print next year for reasons that will become apparent with this update: We're upgrading the book's design to TWO COLOR interior printing on a larger trim size, which wasn't promised originally. We're also thrilled to report that while we originally planned on six or seven exclusive illustrations from Cortney Skinner that won't appear in the trade hardcover edition, he's been working day and night to deliver 17 (!) pieces of artwork instead, one for each story! Also, as we have mentioned before, the Lettered Edition will be housed in a custom-made box unlike anything we've ever produced for ANY book ever before. In fact, it's been a very long time since any publisher has attempted this style of case for a Stephen King book. We'll let you know how things work out!

playdohman
11-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Dan & Brian, When do you expect the LRB grab bag from the first of October to be shipped?

DanHocker
11-21-2018, 07:09 AM
Dan & Brian, When do you expect the LRB grab bag from the first of October to be shipped?

I really wanted that to be here in November yet, but we're soo backed up and "high" priority stuff keeps showing up. Here's a rough shipping schedule for the next couple of things.

1. Early Readers Forthcoming Grab Bag (from August) - This one has to go, because I'm extordinarily tired of tripping over all the boxes of ARCs
2. Elevation
3. LRB Grab Bag
4. Outsider Slipcases

Plus a whole bunch of way smaller quantity other publisher stuff mixed in.

The later half of this year has been grueling. Between the Blatty Script books, Gwendy LMTDs / LTRDs, and PS Pub's Tommy Knockers, we've been soo bogged down. In the amount of time it's taken to ship those 3 projects we could've shipped 2 to 3 times as many copies of pretty much anything else.

Edit: For what it's worth I'll probably be working on the LRB Grab Bag at the same time as "New Dan" is working on Elevation.

RichardX
11-21-2018, 07:17 AM
What is the hang up with Elevation? It's a bit puzzling why it is taking weeks or months to send out a trade edition.

Beverly Marsh
11-21-2018, 08:52 AM
Is Dark Chest of Wonders still on track for a December release? I need something new to read for Christmas :)

I did ask this earlier and it was answered(thanks Brian!)but am wondering again if any extra Outsider slipcases will be available?

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving CD crew!

Brian James Freeman
11-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Is Dark Chest of Wonders still on track for a December release? I need something new to read for Christmas :)

The latest update from the printer isn't promising for an actual December release, but I'm being as persuasive as I can be to move them along faster. :)

Brian

Randall Flagg
11-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Had to adjust my shelves, but was able to get Gwendy's Button box lettered and umbered displayed.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1542819828-GBB%20in%20bookcase.JPG

DanHocker
11-21-2018, 09:18 AM
What is the hang up with Elevation? It's a bit puzzling why it is taking weeks or months to send out a trade edition.

This is always a problem we have. For whatever reason it takes awhile for us to even get our copies from them, though I'm pretty sure they are on the way even though they aren't responding to Brian's emails. I think they tried to deliver them yesterday but the driver's lift gate wasn't working and he wasn't interested in hand unloading the pallet. So hopefully they'll be here today.

That said even if we did have them on the release date they'd just have been sitting in the warehouse until I could work them into the schedule. We only have enough space to work on one large project at a time and there was no way we were going to drop Gwendy to ship Elevation. Best case scenario is it may have shipped pre Tommy Knockers, but either way someone would've been pissed off that their book wasn't shipping.

racerx45
11-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Had to adjust my shelves, but was able to get Gwendy's Button box lettered and umbered displayed.

Looks great.

lotuz
11-21-2018, 11:26 AM
Please forgive me for asking yet another "when is this stuff arriving" question, but I'm notoriously bad at keeping up with CD grab bags!! How many of the 2018 Grab Bag Club grab bags are left? I show two left, but I've been wrong about the grab bags before. If there are indeed two, I assume that they will ship together?

The Library Policeman
11-21-2018, 11:29 AM
From their update page...
Flight or Fright edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent (ARTIST EDITION)
We can now share some production news on the Gift Edition and Lettered Edition for the collectors who selected those editions, which will see print next year for reasons that will become apparent with this update: We're upgrading the book's design to TWO COLOR interior printing on a larger trim size, which wasn't promised originally. We're also thrilled to report that while we originally planned on six or seven exclusive illustrations from Cortney Skinner that won't appear in the trade hardcover edition, he's been working day and night to deliver 17 (!) pieces of artwork instead, one for each story! Also, as we have mentioned before, the Lettered Edition will be housed in a custom-made box unlike anything we've ever produced for ANY book ever before. In fact, it's been a very long time since any publisher has attempted this style of case for a Stephen King book. We'll let you know how things work out!

Thanks.

Br!an
11-21-2018, 12:42 PM
I did ask this earlier and it was answered(thanks Brian!)but am wondering again if any extra Outsider slipcases will be available?

The usual way this is done is that they order extra in case they are needed. They realize there is a possibility of damage or manufacturing flaws.

If everything goes well they will have extra.

jon10g
11-22-2018, 01:00 AM
Amazing display!

Looks great.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-22-2018, 04:32 AM
Very nice indeed.

Mulleins

DanHocker
11-22-2018, 05:26 AM
Please forgive me for asking yet another "when is this stuff arriving" question, but I'm notoriously bad at keeping up with CD grab bags!! How many of the 2018 Grab Bag Club grab bags are left? I show two left, but I've been wrong about the grab bags before. If there are indeed two, I assume that they will ship together?

Yep 2 left. I've actually had 1 of the 2 put mostly put together since the end of August, just had to wait to get the bonus items signed. Then it got bogged down in the shipping queue. So at this point it and the last one will probably ship together.

DanHocker
11-22-2018, 05:30 AM

I'm sure there will be. Assuming there's more than a handful they should make their way back onto the site once we ship the pre-orders and I can confirm how many are left after damages. I'm sure we'll post the link here once we have quantities confirmed. It's gonna be a bit yet though, probably mid December assuming there's no hiccups.

Merlin1958
11-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Amazing display!

Looks great.

Eh. I've seen it before!!!!

LOL LOl LOL

shaq
11-23-2018, 05:55 AM
That bookcase looks good!

Received my replacement of Gwendys today, so like to thank the cd guys for a quick turnaround. Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

Beverly Marsh
11-29-2018, 05:11 AM

The latest update from the printer isn't promising for an actual December release, but I'm being as persuasive as I can be to move them along faster. :)

Brian

The usual way this is done is that they order extra in case they are needed. They realize there is a possibility of damage or manufacturing flaws.

If everything goes well they will have extra.

I'm sure there will be. Assuming there's more than a handful they should make their way back onto the site once we ship the pre-orders and I can confirm how many are left after damages. I'm sure we'll post the link here once we have quantities confirmed. It's gonna be a bit yet though, probably mid December assuming there's no hiccups.
Thanks for the replies fellas! Much appreciated.

richardsrarebooks
11-29-2018, 07:38 AM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record.....Lonely Road Books and ARC grab bags???

DanHocker
11-29-2018, 07:52 AM
At the risk of sounding like a broken record.....Lonely Road Books and ARC grab bags???

Really trying to get there. It's been slow going with all the holiday sales on both our site and other places, we've been swamped with just regular day to day orders and distributor orders. Honestly it feels like I've done nothing but those things for the past week and a half. Anyways I am really hoping we'll be caught up on that stuff today and my helper can start on Elevation while I start putting together the ARC grab bags. We're really trying our best, but we are really quite swamped at the moment and also under staffed in the warehouse (nothing new there though).

WeDealInLead
11-29-2018, 08:16 AM
Dan,

I have a question about the random, day to day orders. When do those get shipped? I mean, if you received a few orders for in-stock books right at this moment, would you ship those out on first come, first serve basis or would they go to the back of everything else, big shipping projects included?

OK, I realize I said "question" and not "questions" but you know what I mean. I ask about in-stock orders because I haven't bought a single one in I can't even remember how long. I actually wanted to but not if it's going to be stuck behind some massive slipcase shipping project.

Thanks.

DanHocker
11-29-2018, 09:21 AM
Dan,

I have a question about the random, day to day orders. When do those get shipped? I mean, if you received a few orders for in-stock books right at this moment, would you ship those out on first come, first serve basis or would they go to the back of everything else, big shipping projects included?

OK, I realize I said "question" and not "questions" but you know what I mean. I ask about in-stock orders because I haven't bought a single one in I can't even remember how long. I actually wanted to but not if it's going to be stuck behind some massive slipcase shipping project.

Thanks.

We generally try to prioritize the day to day "in-stock" orders. Especially this time of year as they may be gifts for people. Though if we're in the middle of something else they may sit for a day or so until we finish what we're working on. We lose a lot of momentum when we switch gears mid project. The most you usually would have to wait for something in-stock is maybe a week if you're unlucky. Generally though we try to stay on top of them.

WeDealInLead
11-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Awesome, thanks.

Roseannebarr
12-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Cemetery Dance Publications

Cemetery Dance Automatic Store Credit Plan For 2019!
Save At Least 50% Off Future Orders!
And Sign-Up NOW To Receive
An Additional $50 in FREE BONUS Credit!
Hi Folks!
We're very pleased to announce the Cemetery Dance Automatic Store Credit Plan for 2019, a brand new version of a very popular savings program we offered between 2007 and 2012, but the handful of remaining memberships won't last long!
For those of you on a budget or who just enjoy saving big on your collectible book purchases, this special offer will help you to build a huge collection at a fraction of the retail price. Whether you're a general reader or a hardcore collector or general reader or a big Stephen King fan, this is the deal you really cannot afford to miss!
We're only selling a limited number of these Cemetery Dance Automatic Store Credit Plan memberships and they will NOT last long, so please visit the product page on our website for complete details and to place your order!

Thank you, as always, for your continued support and enthusiasm!

Visit CemeteryDance.com Now!

Hi Folks!
We're very pleased to announce the Cemetery Dance Automatic Store Credit Plan for 2019, a brand new version of a very popular savings program we offered between 2007 and 2012, but the handful of remaining memberships won't last long!
For those of you on a budget or who just enjoy saving big on your collectible book purchases, this special offer will help you to build a huge collection at a fraction of the retail price. Whether you're a general reader or a hardcore collector or general reader or a big Stephen King fan, this is the deal you really cannot afford to miss!
We're only selling a limited number of these Cemetery Dance Automatic Store Credit Plan memberships and they will NOT last long, so please visit the product page on our website for complete details and to place your order!

This was a no brainer for me. such I good deal I posted it twice.

Randall Flagg
12-03-2018, 02:11 PM
That's a damn good deal!

Merlin1958
12-03-2018, 02:18 PM

Hi Folks!

Hi Folks!

LOL I can smell a "Cash Flow" issue at a hundred paces!!! lol The unfortunate bane of most small press publishers. Especially in this digital age!!! Millenials? Pick up a freaking actual book, sit in an easy chair and read it!!! lol lol

Pretty soon our off spring will be asking us to recall the days when reading material was actually printed on paper!!! lol

darkseer
12-03-2018, 02:23 PM
That Printer going out of business probably didn't help. Put a lot of the publishing of their books behind schedeul :frown:

Brian861
12-03-2018, 02:23 PM
I collect the printed word of course but most of my reading is done via the ears these days.

Merlin1958
12-03-2018, 02:29 PM
That Printer going out of business probably didn't help. Put a lot of the publishing of their books behind schedeul :frown:

I collect the printed word of course but most of my reading is done via the ears these days.

Oops. i didn't mean to sound judgmental or imply anything detrimental. Any "reading" is good reading. The post just reminded me of another conversation/situation and I typed off the cuff. lol

Kingfan24
12-03-2018, 02:36 PM

Hi Folks!

Hi Folks!

LOL I can smell a "Cash Flow" issue at a hundred paces!!! lol The unfortunate bane of most small press publishers. Especially in this digital age!!! Millenials? Pick up a freaking actual book, sit in an easy chair and read it!!! lol lol

Pretty soon our off spring will be asking us to recall the days when reading material was actually printed on paper!!! lol

Cash flow is exactly what I thought when I saw the offer. Paired with Richard selling his collection.

Brian861
12-03-2018, 02:47 PM

oops. i didn't mean to sound judgmental or imply anything detrimental. Any "reading" is good reading. The post just reminded me of another conversation/situation and I typed off the cuff. lol

None taken here. I just don't make the time for it.

lotuz
12-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Hi Folks!

Hi Folks!

I got the email for this, but maybe I'm missing something...

The way that I read it, is that you pay $299 for $350 worth of credit, with that credit being doled out monthly over the course of a year. I don't see how the 50% off future orders happens, unless it's like the CDCC in which you get some special discounts that the general public doesn't receive :confused:

The free $50 credit is definitely nice, and I suppose it's helpful if you need help budgeting your purchases throughout the year, but I can't help feeling like I must be missing something here...

I'm a CDCC member and generally sign up for everything they offer but I didn't quite get the benefit of this one

jeffingoff
12-03-2018, 03:11 PM

Hi Folks!

Hi Folks!

The way that I read it, is that you pay $299 for $350 worth of credit, with that credit being doled out monthly over the course of a year. I don't see how the 50% off future orders happens, unless it's like the CDCC in which you get some special discounts that the general public doesn't receive :confused:

The free $50 credit is definitely nice, and I suppose it's helpful if you need help budgeting your purchases throughout the year, but I can't help feeling like I must be missing something here...

I'm a CDCC member and generally sign up for everything they offer but I didn't quite get the benefit of this one

You pay $300 for $650 worth of credit throughout the year. $50 a month for a year. With a bonus $50 thrown in.

webstar1000
12-03-2018, 03:16 PM

Hi Folks!

Hi Folks!

You pay $300 for $650 worth of credit throughout the year. $50 a month for a year. With a bonus $50 thrown in.

That is correct. Pretty good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ke7285
12-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Great deal for me. $50 store credit each month times 12 equal’s $600 +$50 bonus for $300.
What is a Cemetery Dance "Automatic" Store Credit?
From CD’s site.
“Glad you asked! If you sign-up for this program, we'll automatically apply $50 in store credit to your Cemetery Dance online store account EVERY MONTH in 2019! This credit NEVER expires and will be waiting for you in your account when you go to order, so you cannot "forget" about it or lose a redemption code!”

cit74
12-03-2018, 03:45 PM

I have my printed volumes -but I still get the kindle version of mostly everything - on the road its the kindle - at home the big ol book - my kid really enjoys reading too - so lots of fun

richardsrarebooks
12-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Yes, it is a great buy, even more so since I didn't go for the 25% off gift certificates. Glad I didn't and am surprised it isn't sold out since it said there would only be 25 memberships.

lotuz
12-03-2018, 03:51 PM

:doh::doh::doh:

so clearly it was just some basic math that i was missing! thanks :)

jeffingoff
12-03-2018, 03:53 PM

:doh::doh::doh:

so clearly it was just some basic math that i was missing! thanks :)

Hahaha I questioned what I was reading a few times because I didn't trust my math. Ultimately I jumped on and can now relax about being able to afford the surprise "must-haves" that they tend to spring on me.

richardsrarebooks
12-03-2018, 03:59 PM
keep in mind you won't have the whole $650 to spend unless you wait until next December. I doubt I will be able to wait that long!

jeffingoff
12-03-2018, 06:03 PM
keep in mind you won't have the whole $650 to spend unless you wait until next December. I doubt I will be able to wait that long!

That is true. But I took advantage of the gift certificate offer as well (though not as much as I did last year) so I have some gas in the tank already. Now I can just let the additional funds trickle in and I'll have enough if they ever get around to Pet Sematary or who knows what else!

richardsrarebooks
12-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Just wonder when the first $50 will be deposited. They said December, but when?

jeffingoff
12-04-2018, 02:58 AM

I wondered that too. Not just about this December but about every month. When will the credit drop into our accounts? The first of the month? The 15th? The last day? The purchase of this plan doesn't even show up in my account.

peripheral
12-04-2018, 03:04 AM

I wondered that too. Not just about this December but about every month. When will the credit drop into our accounts? The first of the month? The 15th? The last day? The purchase of this plan doesn't even show up in my account.

I logged in, clicked on manage my account, and the funds were there (including the bonus $50).

jeffingoff
12-04-2018, 03:09 AM

I logged in, clicked on manage my account, and the funds were there (including the bonus $50).

Great. Now I'll be wondering and checking and sweating all day over why my purchase didn't appear in my account.

peripheral
12-04-2018, 03:20 AM
Great. Now I'll be wondering and checking and sweating all day over why my purchase didn't appear in my account.

It will all be alright, in the end...

jeffingoff
12-04-2018, 03:55 AM

It will all be alright, in the end...

I've already flipped over a police cruiser in confusion and anguish.

richardsrarebooks
12-04-2018, 05:11 AM
The order is in my "view orders" section but no funds in my account.

DanHocker
12-04-2018, 09:12 AM

If I remember correctly from when we've offered these things in the past. Brian has to apply the credit manually. So I would assume he will wait until we are no longer offering this before applying anyone's credit so he can do it all at once.

amd013
12-04-2018, 09:36 AM
Hi Dan or Brian,

Is there a way to have our shipments put on hold if we are going to be away for an extended time?

Last time I asked the USPS to hold the mail they didn't, and UPS charges extra to reschedule delivery and if you ask to deliver to the back door they still deliver to front door.

Thanks,
Mike

DanHocker
12-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Hi Dan or Brian,

Is there a way to have our shipments put on hold if we are going to be away for an extended time?

Last time I asked the USPS to hold the mail they didn't, and UPS charges extra to reschedule delivery and if you ask to deliver to the back door they still deliver to front door.

Thanks,
Mike

Sort of. If you email me your account info I can try and guess which orders will be shipping soon and put those on hold until a specific date. There's no way to put your entire account on hold that I know of.

ladysai
12-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Any news on This Dark Chest of Wonders?

Brian James Freeman
12-07-2018, 09:51 AM

I'm working on a few things on the back-end for this and hope to credit everyone next week after Mindy helps a few people finalize their orders! :)

Brian James Freeman
12-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Dan will have to confirm, but I believe we're waiting on the "final approval" copies from the printer on this one. What we call the "final approval" copies are basically the first two copies off the press, which they send to us to confirm they've started binding. This lets us figure out our warehouse situation, etc. :)

Brian James Freeman
12-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Sorry if I've missed any posts here, I realized today I hadn't gotten a new post notification in a few days, probably my ISP being stupid!

DanHocker
12-07-2018, 10:34 AM

Dan will have to confirm, but I believe we're waiting on the "final approval" copies from the printer on this one. What we call the "final approval" copies are basically the first two copies off the press, which they send to us to confirm they've started binding. This lets us figure out our warehouse situation, etc. :)

Correct. Still waiting on approvals. Currently (even if the books were done and in the warehouse) we're probably looking at January at the earliest. Given there's only 2 weeks left before the holidays and the shipping schedule is full to the brim at the moment.

ladysai
12-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the update, Brian & Dan!

peripheral
12-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Hey CD, is there a confirmation on which authors will be signing the "Best Of Shivers" S/L? Is the list anywhere?
Gracias

Brian James Freeman
12-11-2018, 08:14 PM
Hey CD, is there a confirmation on which authors will be signing the "Best Of Shivers" S/L? Is the list anywhere?
Gracias

The list isn't posted anywhere yet but I can put one together tomorrow at the office. I should have the shipping/tracking list near my desk, which will make it easy. Now... I just need to remember to put this on my To Do list... which I also left at the office. ;)

Brian

peripheral
12-11-2018, 08:59 PM
Gracias

The list isn't posted anywhere yet but I can put one together tomorrow at the office. I should have the shipping/tracking list near my desk, which will make it easy. Now... I just need to remember to put this on my To Do list... which I also left at the office. ;)

Brian

Awesome. Thank you Brian! 👍

Brian James Freeman
12-12-2018, 08:01 AM
Gracias

Here is the list so far in no particular order:

Kaaron Warren
Lisa Tuttle
Tim Lebbon
Graham Masterton
Sarah Pinborough
Simon Clark
Peter Crowther
Thomas Tessier
Brian Keene
Norman Prentiss
Richard Chizmar
Stephen Mark Rainey
Bev Vincent
Brian Hodge
Bentley Little
Glen Hirshberg
Robert Morrish
Norman Partridge
Ray Garton
Gary A. Braunbeck

There are more we're hoping will sign, but there's been a bit of a logistical issue with the sheets and we'll have to see what happens!

Brian

Father Cody
12-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Gracias

Here is the list so far in no particular order:

Kaaron Warren
Lisa Tuttle
Tim Lebbon
Graham Masterton
Sarah Pinborough
Simon Clark
Peter Crowther
Thomas Tessier
Brian Keene
Norman Prentiss
Richard Chizmar
Stephen Mark Rainey
Bev Vincent
Brian Hodge
Bentley Little
Glen Hirshberg
Robert Morrish
Norman Partridge
Ray Garton
Gary A. Braunbeck

There are more we're hoping will sign, but there's been a bit of a logistical issue with the sheets and we'll have to see what happens!

Brian

I don’t know how it all works so this may be a stupid question. Does Masterton write exclusively for CD now? I mean if he writes any new stuff in the immediate future will it be published by you guys?

Brian James Freeman
12-12-2018, 09:27 AM
I don’t know how it all works so this may be a stupid question. Does Masterton write exclusively for CD now? I mean if he writes any new stuff in the immediate future will it be published by you guys?

He sends us manuscripts to consider from time to time, but I'm sure he sends them elsewhere as well. :)

Brian

firemonkey66
12-12-2018, 09:49 AM
I received my copy of Elevation today, but it is a 2nd printing:( Is there a chance I could get a first printing?

Brian James Freeman
12-12-2018, 09:56 AM
I received my copy of Elevation today, but it is a 2nd printing:( Is there a chance I could get a first printing?

We were a little surprised to find out they were 2nd printings -- we didn't check when they arrived because we hadn't heard otherwise! We're now thinking all of our copies were 2nd printings. That could explain why S&S's shipping department took so long this time if they were waiting on the 2nd printing to arrive. But our sales rep didn't mention it because to the New York publishers, of course, it's all the same as long the ISBN and price doesn't change. They don't think about 1st vs 2nd, etc, when it comes to these books.

If you want to return your copy, please just send Mindy an email so she knows it is coming back and she can watch for it. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

Brian

Roseannebarr
12-12-2018, 12:41 PM

We were a little surprised to find out they were 2nd printings -- we didn't check when they arrived because we hadn't heard otherwise! We're now thinking all of our copies were 2nd printings. That could explain why S&S's shipping department took so long this time if they were waiting on the 2nd printing to arrive. But our sales rep didn't mention it because to the New York publishers, of course, it's all the same as long the ISBN and price doesn't change. They don't think about 1st vs 2nd, etc, when it comes to these books.

If you want to return your copy, please just send Mindy an email so she knows it is coming back and she can watch for it. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

Brian

Mindy stated no firsts! so I guess we cancel our orders?? Thanks! Glen

DanHocker
12-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Brian

Mindy stated no firsts! so I guess we cancel our orders?? Thanks! Glen

Correct. We do not have any firsts. Brian meant return your copy as in cancel your order.

Roseannebarr
12-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Sorry for the confusion! I assumed incorrectly that you would be trying to get first editions in. Similar to another book you all had! Charlie the Choo Choo!

Merlin1958
12-15-2018, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.

firemonkey66
12-15-2018, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry to say that I'm a little disappointed in CD for the first time in a very, very long time regarding this whole "Elevation" thing. I order from CD, early for three reasons generally. One to insure a pristine 1/1 copy of the latest, King title. Two, to orer a cool slipcase for that aforementioned edition and third to show my support for them and the small press publishers in general. I don't know about others but I placed my order right around the time when CD first announced it. Now I find out, through this website and not thru CD that there will be no 1/1's to be had with my slip case.Then, the only recourse offered is return it. No, "We're sorry" discount/coupon. No notice. No attempt to try to rectify the situation what so ever.

Call me what you will, tell me I'm unreasonable whatever, but I for one am very disappointed in CD over this. You'd think someone would have had the foresight to insure that they were receiving 1/1's (as I recall this is not the first time S&S has fucked up) and when they didn't receive what they expected, had the decency to hold the shipments and let the customers know what was happening. They also could have offered some sort of alternative to satisfaction beside's "return it". From what I can see it even appears that they knew they were sending 2nd's and didn't bother to let anyone know in advance. Shoddy effort on this one guys I'm sorry to say.

I agree with this. I hate hate hate returning shit, especially books, but I just can’t keep a 2nd printing, so screw it, I’ll pay to send it back and pay the PayPal fees for the refund (you know, since it’s past 6 months since the transaction took place). I’ll tell you what, though, I’ll never order another trade edition through CD. Why would I if it’s just a crapshoot whether I’ll get a 1st/1st in the mail or basically a notice that I’ve gotta go to the post office and pay to return something?

Kingfan24
12-15-2018, 09:50 PM
It’s a really disappointing situation for collectors for sure, and it somewhat compounds the issues that have come up with the delay of Sleeping Beauties.

Brian James Freeman
12-15-2018, 11:16 PM
HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
Brian

Roseannebarr
12-16-2018, 12:29 AM
HI guys,

As I noted above, we didn't realize the copies of ELEVATION were not 1sts until we heard from a few customers after the books had already headed out the door. And YEP, we should have checked when the books arrived, and YES it's our fault for not checking, and YES, that's totally on us. In our hurry to catch-up on shipping, we erred. We apologize for the disappointment and inconvenience.

And YES, we should have made some kind of alternate option available for those who didn't want to deal with the inconvenience of returning the book since this mistake was our fault. It's that time of year, everyone's in hectic-mode, and we didn't think our response through as clearly as we should have.

So, please email me directly for an alternate method for resolving this matter, which will hopefully be more convenient. My email address is: brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
Brian

My book order has already been cancelled and credited to my account! I hope you can return ALL those second printings for store credit or something! You can get me a signed first edition and I will be extremely happy!

Mistakes happen and 90% of the time you guys nail it! I was NOT worried about it! Now about that signed copy....

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-16-2018, 04:18 AM
I've already bought 2 1sts so I'll use my 2nd printing as a reading copy, no problem.

ICry4Oy
12-16-2018, 11:26 AM
I've already bought 2 1sts so I'll use my 2nd printing as a reading copy, no problem.

Ditto!

…..but did someone mention a signed copy? :excited:

Merlin1958
12-17-2018, 12:56 PM

I agree with this. I hate hate hate returning shit, especially books, but I just can’t keep a 2nd printing, so screw it, I’ll pay to send it back and pay the PayPal fees for the refund (you know, since it’s past 6 months since the transaction took place). I’ll tell you what, though, I’ll never order another trade edition through CD. Why would I if it’s just a crapshoot whether I’ll get a 1st/1st in the mail or basically a notice that I’ve gotta go to the post office and pay to return something?

It’s a really disappointing situation for collectors for sure, and it somewhat compounds the issues that have come up with the delay of Sleeping Beauties.

HI guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
Brian

Having aired my misgivings over this "Elevation" situation its only fair to add that unlike any other publisher I have dealt with in the past, CD always owns up to their few mistakes and takes responsibility and what ever action available to them to correct it. That is no small trait in the world today. So, yeah maybe they made a mistake, we all do from time to time, but they make no excuses and do their level best to correct them. That's a publisher I want to deal with.

Brian James Freeman
12-19-2018, 10:09 AM
We’re very pleased to report the “bluelines” and “dust jacket proofs” have arrived for SLEEPING BEAUTIES and everything looks great. In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers have adjusted the case sizing a tiny bit based on the new dummy book and they are hard at work on the cases. We’ll post another update in January when we have a little better idea of when the printer will be finished with their work. Thank you again for all of your patience and support!

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SBbluelines.jpg

Brian

St. Troy
12-19-2018, 10:11 AM
(Patiently awaiting similar updates on Night Shift...)

bdwyer19
12-19-2018, 10:17 AM
We’re very pleased to report the “bluelines” and “dust jacket proofs” have arrived for SLEEPING BEAUTIES and everything looks great. In addition, our slipcase and traycase makers have adjusted the case sizing a tiny bit based on the new dummy book and they are hard at work on the cases. We’ll post another update in January when we have a little better idea of when the printer will be finished with their work. Thank you again for all of your patience and support!

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/SBbluelines.jpg

Brian

Thanks Brian. Glad to see the progress. Does this mean it’ll likely be a late winter/early spring release?

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-23-2018, 12:12 PM
Are the slipcases for THE OUTSIDER still being sent out? I ordered one but never received it. I'm probably just being too impatient, so forgive me if that is the case.

ke7285
12-23-2018, 04:19 PM
I received mine today here in Michigan.
Are the slipcases for THE OUTSIDER still being sent out? I ordered one but never received it. I'm probably just being too impatient, so forgive me if that is the case.

allasorte
12-23-2018, 04:56 PM
I received mine today here in Michigan.

Mine came Saturday.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-23-2018, 05:07 PM
I ordered both the book and the slipcase. I got the book some time ago but the slipcase was on back order.
I sent an inquiry, but I'm fairly certain it's just the Christmas rush and will be no problem.

darkseer
12-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Is there a place to advertise on the site ?

cit74
12-23-2018, 06:59 PM
I saw that on the bumbler thread too - something seems awry on the site...someone spamming it??

cit74
12-23-2018, 07:00 PM
whos ridgewef?

T-Dogz_AK47
12-23-2018, 07:02 PM
I saw that on the bumbler thread too - something seems awry on the site...someone spamming it??

Yes, there are three spam accounts currently online created by the same user (RidgeWef, BrantSr and GalenNirl). I have reported these accounts and hopefully they will be removed soon.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-23-2018, 07:27 PM
I used to have Spam for lunch. It wasn't too bad.

Brian James Freeman
12-23-2018, 07:53 PM

I will have to let Dan answer this for himself when he sees it, but I'm pretty sure there are still slipcases going out when we reopen this week, although I'm also pretty sure he's finally done cutting all of the foam inserts!

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-23-2018, 08:12 PM

I will have to let Dan answer this for himself when he sees it, but I'm pretty sure there are still slipcases going out when we reopen this week, although I'm also pretty sure he's finally done cutting all of the foam inserts!

Brian

Thank you, Brian!

Brian861
12-23-2018, 09:57 PM

Brian

Those foam inserts are a nice touch.

Roseannebarr
12-24-2018, 12:36 AM

Brian

Those foam inserts are a nice touch.

I never received mine. 3 separate orders and no tracking yet.

stroppygoblin
12-24-2018, 03:33 AM

Yes, there are three spam accounts currently online created by the same user (RidgeWef, BrantSr and GalenNirl). I have reported these accounts and hopefully they will be removed soon.

I have removed all Spam posts this morning and those users have been banned. Thanks to T-Dogz (and others) for alerting me to this.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-24-2018, 05:01 AM
And don't forget to thank Mr. Python. (That's 'Monty' to his friends)

ICry4Oy
12-24-2018, 10:47 AM

Mine showed up today. Was a pleasant surprise because I did not receive a shipping notice!

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-24-2018, 11:34 AM
Rejoice, rejoice! You have no choice...

...got mine today too.

Cwalker
12-24-2018, 01:06 PM
I dont beleive i have ever paid so much for a foam insert, but the free slipcase that arrived with it today made it totally worth it!!
Thank you CD for a great year. Looking forward to an exciting 2019!

I will admit though, it is a VERY nice foam insert....
😁

Brian861
12-25-2018, 09:34 AM
I dont beleive i have ever paid so much for a foam insert, but the free slipcase that arrived with it today made it totally worth it!!
Thank you CD for a great year. Looking forward to an exciting 2019!

I will admit though, it is a VERY nice foam insert....
😁

:rofl: I'm keeping the case to protect the foam.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-25-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm keeping the foam too. It's right on top of the slipcase.

Father Cody
12-25-2018, 11:44 AM
What the hell is this foam everyone’s talking about? This?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181225/0069482984b03dc3064f1f4a77f71b16.jpg

Brian861
12-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Yep lol.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Oh, foam of my own,
A piece of that great foam I own.
I'll never it loose,
Even when drinking booze,
Nope, I'll never let that foam roam.

tippy4
12-26-2018, 11:15 AM
Brian.....any Sleeping Beauties slipcases left? I contacted Mindy and she gave me the ol' "if it's not on the site we are sold out" line......but I know you guys always have stuff not listed on the site.

Br!an
12-26-2018, 02:28 PM
CD is listing a bunch Richard Chizmar's of stuff on eBay. (https://www.ebay.com/sch/cdancepub/m.html?mc_cid=efd0bc661c&mc_eid=633b7c522f)

Brian James Freeman
12-27-2018, 06:48 AM
Brian.....any Sleeping Beauties slipcases left? I contacted Mindy and she gave me the ol' "if it's not on the site we are sold out" line......but I know you guys always have stuff not listed on the site.

Dan will confirm for you!

DanHocker
12-27-2018, 07:07 AM
I think we only made it about a third of the way through shipping the cases for The Outsider before we closed for Christmas. I suspect we won't be finished until the 2nd week of January give the days we'll be closed for New Years as well. The foam inserts were us trying something new for this specific slipcase. The width was a weird size and this ended up being cheaper than buying Styrofoam sheets to stuff the cases with. We probably won't do this for every case though as it only will work for cases that are 1.5 to 2 inches and may only actually be cost effect at this specific size which is 1.75 inches. We'll see when the the next bigger case comes around.

DanHocker
12-27-2018, 07:07 AM

I'm pretty positive we're out of those.

sentinel
12-27-2018, 10:51 AM
I think we only made it about a third of the way through shipping the cases for The Outsider before we closed for Christmas. I suspect we won't be finished until the 2nd week of January give the days we'll be closed for New Years as well. The foam inserts were us trying something new for this specific slipcase. The width was a weird size and this ended up being cheaper than buying Styrofoam sheets to stuff the cases with. We probably won't do this for every case though as it only will work for cases that are 1.5 to 2 inches and may only actually be cost effect at this specific size which is 1.75 inches. We'll see when the the next bigger case comes around.

Hi Dan, Question, do you all measure books for slipcases with Brodart, or similar, covers on the books? I find CD's slipcases are very tight with covers on the books.
Maybe I am unusual but I like to keep the DJ covered even in the slipcase. Even an extra millimeter would help.

DanHocker
12-27-2018, 12:18 PM

Hi Dan, Question, do you all measure books for slipcases with Brodart, or similar, covers on the books? I find CD's slipcases are very tight with covers on the books.
Maybe I am unusual but I like to keep the DJ covered even in the slipcase. Even an extra millimeter would help.

Generally we measure without the covers. We don't use them here at the office, but I don't believe the decision has ever been a conscious one.

Br!an
12-27-2018, 12:44 PM

Generally we measure without the covers. We don't use them here at the office, but I don't believe the decision has ever been a conscious one.

Most CD slipcases are tight even without a Brodart cover. I would appreciate just a tiny bit more room too. I understand that you don't want them to be sloppy, but if the book is carefully read once it is nearly impossible to put it into a CD slipcase.

Beverly Marsh
12-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Brian or Dan, if one of you thinks of it after the holidays and shipping is complete PRETTY PLEASE PM me on here if there are any extra slipcases left for The Outsider. I'm afraid I'll miss the link being posted. And I will now officially shut up about these :smile_002:

Thank you fellas and Happy New Year!

dnemec
12-27-2018, 05:50 PM
Brian or Dan, if one of you thinks of it after the holidays and shipping is complete PRETTY PLEASE PM me on here if there are any extra slipcases left for The Outsider. I'm afraid I'll miss the link being posted. And I will now officially shut up about these :smile_002:

If they don't have any, I have an extra. Apparently my use of the spreadsheet to keep track of preorders isn't helping. :P

Beverly Marsh
12-27-2018, 07:02 PM

If they don't have any, I have an extra. Apparently my use of the spreadsheet to keep track of preorders isn't helping. :P

Dezzz! My girl! Bring it in for a hug! :biggrin1:
PM sent

DanHocker
12-28-2018, 07:27 AM
I'm not sure there'll even be a link on this one. There are extras, but I'm not sure there's enough extras that we'll risk overselling with a link.

richardsrarebooks
12-28-2018, 12:12 PM
Just purchased "Revival" by Stephen King in a CD slipcase for $16, a first printing of "Flight or Fright" for $11.20 and a (paperback) first printing of "IT" for $3.20 in beautiful condition at Half-Price books using a holiday gift card. Have contacted Bev Vincent about signing "Flight or Fright". Life is good.

DanHocker
12-28-2018, 12:44 PM
Ok so I lied, there will be a link for Outsider. There's significantly more left than I thought.

Brian861
12-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Just purchased "Revival" by Stephen King in a CD slipcase for $16, a first printing of "Flight or Fright" for $11.20 and a (paperback) first printing of "IT" for $3.20 in beautiful condition at Half-Price books using a holiday gift card. Have contacted Bev Vincent about signing "Flight or Fright". Life is good.

Nice scores!

Merlin1958
12-28-2018, 01:07 PM

HI guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
Brian

Having aired my misgivings over this "Elevation" situation its only fair to add that unlike any other publisher I have dealt with in the past, CD always owns up to their few mistakes and takes responsibility and what ever action available to them to correct it. That is no small trait in the world today. So, yeah maybe they made a mistake, we all do from time to time, but they make no excuses and do their level best to correct them. That's a publisher I want to deal with.

Once again, in the interest of fairness and since I posted before I fully thought it out, I have to say that true to form, CD has literally bent over backwards to rectify the situation with "Elevation". Fact is they were so good about it I found myself embarrassed to have ever posted in the first place. Name another publisher that would go to that extent to make a PITA collector happy and fully satisfied.

Thank you very much, Brian, Mindy, Dan and CD!!!! Once again you set the standard for all others to try to follow!!! You guys ROCK!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Roseannebarr
12-28-2018, 01:20 PM

HI guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
Brian

Once again, in the interest of fairness and since I posted before I fully thought it out, I have to say that true to form, CD has literally bent over backwards to rectify the situation with "Elevation". Fact is they were so good about it I found myself embarrassed to have ever posted in the first place. Name another publisher that would go to that extent to make a PITA collector happy and fully satisfied.

Thank you very much, Brian, Mindy, Dan and CD!!!! Once again you set the standard for all others to try to follow!!! You guys ROCK!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Did they get you first editions? Curious? I was able to cancel my order before shipping.

Merlin1958
12-28-2018, 01:26 PM

HI guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

best,
Brian

Did they get you first editions? Curious? I was able to cancel my order before shipping.

I don't want to break any actual or implied confidence, nor cause any more stir than I already have posting before thinking, but let's just say that I am very happy in the end!!! Truth be told that is usually the result of any dealings with, CD and I should have gave that a thought before I posted. My only excuse is some continuing health issues and being cranky at the time I posted. Those guys really always go the extra mile to insure customer satisfaction!!!!!!

Br!an
12-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Ok so I lied, there will be a link for Outsider. There's significantly more left than I thought.

:nope: It would only a lie if you were being dishonest.

Brian James Freeman
12-28-2018, 02:44 PM

Here's the link before we put it in a note:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/the-outsider-slipcase.html

Brian

Br!an
12-28-2018, 03:17 PM

Brian

You can't ship just a slipcase Media Mail. You might want to delete that option.

Brian James Freeman
12-28-2018, 06:15 PM

Brian

You can't ship just a slipcase Media Mail. You might want to delete that option.

Thanks! The "Limit Shipping Methods" option somehow got unchecked when I reactivated the page and I didn't notice!

Brian

RichardX
12-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Elevation CD copies are not first editions? I finally got mine this week and that appears to be the case.

webstar1000
12-31-2018, 03:54 PM
Elevation CD copies are not first editions? I finally got mine this week and that appears to be the case.

Just read up thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roseannebarr
01-01-2019, 12:43 AM
FYI. The Outsider slipcases are SUPER tight! I bought 4 and they fit extremely tight with book and NO brodart. Anybody else having similar issues?.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-01-2019, 06:19 AM
Not me. I accidentally ordered two and the books went in easily.

I wonder if the lettered SCREAMPLAYS will come out this year.

sentinel
01-01-2019, 06:36 AM
FYI. The Outsider slipcases are SUPER tight! I bought 4 and they fit extremely tight with book and NO brodart. Anybody else having similar issues?.

Yes, I agree, they are too tight.

RichardX
01-01-2019, 08:21 AM
[/QUOTE]

Having aired my misgivings over this "Elevation" situation its only fair to add that unlike any other publisher I have dealt with in the past, CD always owns up to their few mistakes and takes responsibility and what ever action available to them to correct it. That is no small trait in the world today. So, yeah maybe they made a mistake, we all do from time to time, but they make no excuses and do their level best to correct them. That's a publisher I want to deal with.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Elevation from CD holding out hope that because it was a simple trade edition that could be picked up on the day of release at your local Walmart that even CD couldn't mess it up. Wrong. It took two months to receive and then it is not a first edition. I really like CD's products and the folks there seem like nice people. So I don't have any axe to grind with them and wish them all the best, but it is increasingly apparent that the business end of the company is a disaster. They are wildly overextended. Every book is delayed. I hope they can sort themselves out but I have no expectation that is going to happen anytime soon. They have already delayed the new McCammon book by three months. I would be surprised if it is released even then.

ICry4Oy
01-01-2019, 10:09 AM

Stupid question here.....but how do you tell if this book is a 1st? I know "the catalog is your friend" but the catalog only says
First Edition Identifiers:
tbd
..and the discussion only has a potential cover picture.
Even though the copyright page says "First Scribner Hardcover Edition October 2018" is it the number line: 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 what makes it not a first?

Randall Flagg
01-01-2019, 10:25 AM
The Catalog has been edited to reflect first edition/first printing identifiers.

Father Cody
01-01-2019, 10:26 AM

Stupid question here.....but how do you tell if this book is a 1st? I know "the catalog is your friend" but the catalog only says
First Edition Identifiers:
tbd
..and the discussion only has a potential cover picture.
Even though the copyright page says "First Scribner Hardcover Edition October 2018" is it the number line: 1 3 5 7 9 10 8 6 4 2 what makes it not a first?

As long as there’s that “1” in the number line it’s a first printing.

Brian861
01-01-2019, 11:12 AM

Pretty tight with Brodart.

allasorte
01-01-2019, 01:40 PM

Pretty tight with Brodart.

Very tight, but if you use an econo fold without the paper, it works much better. Tight, but more of a snug fit.

ICry4Oy
01-01-2019, 01:50 PM
The Catalog has been edited to reflect first edition/first printing identifiers.

Thank y'all! Looks like CD did send me a first then.

What's the non-first difference then?

becca69
01-01-2019, 02:17 PM

Thank y'all! Looks like CD did send me a first then.

What's the non-first difference then?

The "1" would be missing and the lowest number would indicate the printing.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Just grab that black ball point pin and fill in that number '1' for a bona fide first printing!

Brian James Freeman
01-01-2019, 05:21 PM

Based on the feedback we're receiving, our guess is S&S's printer used two different facilities for printing the book, and there are some minor variations in the size. The copies we tested at the office before shipping were a good fit, although would probably be a bit tight with a brodart cover. But we are hearing from a few people the same thing you're saying about the book alone being extremely tight.

If your case doesn't fit, PLEASE don't hesitate to email Mindy and we can get moving on refunding your order, but just FYI, in the past our slipcase maker has suggested you can "work" a slipcase to be a little looser by sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times. We've actually had luck with this approach! So if you have a book handy that is just slightly larger, maybe give it a try and see! (Or perhaps even a copy of The Outsider with two Broadart covers on it? I'm not sure if that would work but maybe...?)

If you try it and it doesn't work, please email Mindy and we can either refund your order or send you a replacement. (Or, of course, you can just email Mindy for a refund since it doesn't fit your book!)

Brian

Hunchback Jack
01-01-2019, 05:31 PM
Ooh, good to know. The revised edition of The Dark Tower Concordance is ever so slightly taller than the original version, so the slipcase for the latter is too tight for the former. I may use this trick to try to enlarge it a little.

Thanks for the tip, Brian.

jeffingoff
01-02-2019, 06:35 AM
sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times

ME: "BUT how could you!"
WIFE: "Oh relax! He was just making my slipcase a little looser with his slightly thicker-"
ME: "Yeah, but why didn't you make him wrap it with protection first! You're unbelievable!"
WIFE: "Because he said it was like wearing a raincoat in the shower."
ME: "What?!"
[end scene]

St. Troy
01-02-2019, 08:31 AM
Again, we really need a rim shot smily/emoji thing.

Brian861
01-02-2019, 11:07 AM

WIFE: "Oh relax! He was just making my slipcase a little looser with his slightly thicker-"
ME: "Yeah, but why didn't you make him wrap it with protection first! You're unbelievable!"
[end scene]

Yea, I never allow my slipcases in the shower. Although..... :orely:

Cook
01-02-2019, 01:27 PM

Based on the feedback we're receiving, our guess is S&S's printer used two different facilities for printing the book, and there are some minor variations in the size. The copies we tested at the office before shipping were a good fit, although would probably be a bit tight with a brodart cover. But we are hearing from a few people the same thing you're saying about the book alone being extremely tight.

If your case doesn't fit, PLEASE don't hesitate to email Mindy and we can get moving on refunding your order, but just FYI, in the past our slipcase maker has suggested you can "work" a slipcase to be a little looser by sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times. We've actually had luck with this approach! So if you have a book handy that is just slightly larger, maybe give it a try and see! (Or perhaps even a copy of The Outsider with two Broadart covers on it? I'm not sure if that would work but maybe...?)

If you try it and it doesn't work, please email Mindy and we can either refund your order or send you a replacement. (Or, of course, you can just email Mindy for a refund since it doesn't fit your book!)

Brian

Brian,
You're joking right?? .. that's hilarious :rofl:
Seriously, that's fucking funny.

jeffingoff
01-02-2019, 01:42 PM
I remember when I slipped into the Sleeping Beauties slipcase. It was a very fine fit. It was the only time I bought a slipcase from CD for a trade edition they didn't publish and it was perfect. Even though I fumbled the initial insertion of my thick book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QnwqLNSVZs

Hunchback Jack
01-02-2019, 02:04 PM

[end scene]

Nailed it, as usual. :D

HBJ

RichardX
01-02-2019, 02:43 PM

Brian

Brian,
You're joking right?? .. that's hilarious :rofl:
Seriously, that's fucking funny.

Unfortunately, delivery of the "thicker book" has been delayed by ten months due to unforeseen circumstances.

Brian James Freeman
01-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Every book is delayed.

I agree with your post that we usually have too much to do and too few hands to do the work with, but I do feel I should note the above quote seems to be a common misconception -- and an understandable one if you only purchase certain items from us and not the bulk of what we've published.

I just double-checked and most of our 2018 titles were released on schedule -- and one of them, FLIGHT OR FLIGHT edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent, actually shipped a few weeks early.

But some of the 2018 books were DEFINITELY late, and some older books are DEFINITELY WAY LATE, and we're all in agreement that it's annoying and a real problem when that happens.

(I wish every single book came out when it was supposed to, but in the universe we currently inhibit, that power is not one I have. That said, I'll keep doing what I can with the meager human powers I do have to help get CD caught up. ;) )

So, yep, we 100% need to keep working on delivering what we've promised, but the idea that every book is always delayed is incorrect.

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-02-2019, 05:20 PM
I ordered LOST IN TIME AND SPACE WITH LEFTY FEEP VOLUME TWO by Robert Bloch from Creatures at Large in 1987, paying for both the hardcover and paperback editions.

I'm still waiting.

CD ain't so bad.

Hunchback Jack
01-02-2019, 06:20 PM
Brian, by the way I want to thank you for your explanation on Facebook about the design differences between Cardinal Black and the previous volumes in the series. I had also wondered why you hadn't followed the previous design more closely, and having you respond to the question in FB was very informative.

Joe315
01-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Brian, by the way I want to thank you for your explanation on Facebook about the design differences between Cardinal Black and the previous volumes in the series. I had also wondered why you hadn't followed the previous design more closely, and having you respond to the question in FB was very informative.

Can you share the post? I can’t seem to find it.

Brian James Freeman
01-02-2019, 07:44 PM

Happy to! It was asked why we didn't keep the thematic cover design for CARDINAL BLACK that had been established by Subterranean Press for the previous books in the series, especially since we have the same cover designer as Bill uses.

The reason for the change in design is because Subterranean Press asked that we not use the same design. We actually had the cover ready to go based on the previous design when this came up, and we discussed the situation with McCammon and his agent, and it was decided it would best for everyone involved to go in a new direction for the look and feel of the rest of the books.

I do completely understand why collectors who were looking forward to a more matched set on their bookshelf might be disappointed, and I do think you will be pleased with the design inside the book because it's rather beautiful. (And I think you will be very pleased with the story itself, of course!)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-02-2019, 07:47 PM

I'm always happy to share information when I can and when I see a question posted. I don't think we (as a company) share nearly as much as we should about what we're doing, the process of how the projects go from proposal to published book, etc, but it's a part of the company I'm constantly trying to push to a better place.

Brian

RichardX
01-03-2019, 05:36 AM

Happy to! It was asked why we didn't keep the thematic cover design for CARDINAL BLACK that had been established by Subterranean Press for the previous books in the series, especially since we have the same cover designer as Bill uses.

The reason for the change in design is because Subterranean Press asked that we not use the same design. We actually had the cover ready to go based on the previous design when this came up, and we discussed the situation with McCammon and his agent, and it was decided it would best for everyone involved to go in a new direction for the look and feel of the rest of the books.

I do completely understand why collectors who were looking forward to a more matched set on their bookshelf might be disappointed, and I do think you will be pleased with the design inside the book because it's rather beautiful. (And I think you will be very pleased with the story itself, of course!)

Brian

The cover looks fantastic. Good work. I never really liked the old covers that much. I don't think they did these books justice.

zachip
01-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Brian, thanks for the info. 2 questions if i may:
1. is the limited of cardinal black will have additional stuff vs the trade? i'm talking about additional short story or artwork like sub press did on previous editions.
2. is del toro's night eternal will release this decade? ;-)
thanks in advance.

Brian James Freeman
01-03-2019, 10:38 AM
Brian, thanks for the info. 2 questions if i may:
1. is the limited of cardinal black will have additional stuff vs the trade? i'm talking about additional short story or artwork like sub press did on previous editions.

We did discuss the idea of adding an additional story for the signed editions, but it wasn't possible this time.

2. is del toro's night eternal will release this decade? ;-) thanks in advance.

Things are looking pretty good right now! I'm hoping to send the book to the printer this summer, but I don't want to list the book for preorder until at least that point, just to be safe! I'm trying to cut down on the wait between payment and shipment whenever possible.

I can promise the book hasn't been forgotten, though!

Brian

webstar1000
01-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Brian, was there ever a rough date for the Fright or Flight lettered?

DanHocker
01-03-2019, 11:32 AM

I'm not 100% on this, but I kinda just assumed the hold up there was Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift.

Brian James Freeman
01-03-2019, 11:47 AM

The Flight or Fright AE & Lettered Edition will go to the printer after Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift. It's basically in the home stretch in terms of production, though!

I know you know this info I'm about to post, but a lot of people missed the original update, so I'm going to post the "big" update about these editions right here for easy reference:

"We're upgrading the book's design to TWO COLOR interior printing on a larger trim size, which wasn't promised originally. We're also thrilled to report that while we originally planned on six or seven exclusive illustrations from Cortney Skinner that won't appear in the trade hardcover edition, he's been working day and night to deliver 17 (!) pieces of artwork instead, one for each story! Also, as we have mentioned before, the Lettered Edition will be housed in a custom-made box unlike anything we've ever produced for ANY book ever before. In fact, it's been a very long time since any publisher has attempted this style of case for a Stephen King book. We'll let you know how things work out!"

webstar1000
01-03-2019, 11:54 AM

The Flight or Fright AE & Lettered Edition will go to the printer after Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift. It's basically in the home stretch in terms of production, though!

I know you know this info I'm about to post, but a lot of people missed the original update, so I'm going to post the "big" update about these editions right here for easy reference:

"We're upgrading the book's design to TWO COLOR interior printing on a larger trim size, which wasn't promised originally. We're also thrilled to report that while we originally planned on six or seven exclusive illustrations from Cortney Skinner that won't appear in the trade hardcover edition, he's been working day and night to deliver 17 (!) pieces of artwork instead, one for each story! Also, as we have mentioned before, the Lettered Edition will be housed in a custom-made box unlike anything we've ever produced for ANY book ever before. In fact, it's been a very long time since any publisher has attempted this style of case for a Stephen King book. We'll let you know how things work out!"

I am most excited for this one above the others you good folks have coming down the pipeline!!

playdohman
01-04-2019, 07:04 PM
Brian & Dan,
When do you expect the CD Grab Bag Club 2018 #3 and #4 to be shipped?

DanHocker
01-07-2019, 08:09 AM
Brian & Dan,

3 has been ready since the end of November, I just hadn't had a good place to work it into the schedule. At this point it's going to ship with 4 which I currently have roughly 3/4ths of the items for. I believe the last item should be here this month. So 3 and 4 should ship together either late this month or super early next month. The 2 signed bonus items will be signed by Brian and Norman Prettiness.

These have been pretty difficult to put together, it's been really difficult to anticipate what we'll have in stock a year in advance. Especially considering our "sell out" rate pre-publication has been pretty high this year (for limited editions). I don't think we'll be doing a grab bag club again. It was an interesting idea, just in practice a little too difficult to pull off.

playdohman
01-07-2019, 09:04 AM
Brian & Dan,

3 has been ready since the end of November, I just hadn't had a good place to work it into the schedule. At this point it's going to ship with 4 which I currently have roughly 3/4ths of the items for. I believe the last item should be here this month. So 3 and 4 should ship together either late this month or super early next month. The 2 signed bonus items will be signed by Brian and Norman Prettiness.

These have been pretty difficult to put together, it's been really difficult to anticipate what we'll have in stock a year in advance. Especially considering our "sell out" rate pre-publication has been pretty high this year (for limited editions). I don't think we'll be doing a grab bag club again. It was an interesting idea, just in practice a little too difficult to pull off.

Thank you!

lotuz
01-07-2019, 09:36 PM
...but just FYI, in the past our slipcase maker has suggested you can "work" a slipcase to be a little looser by sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times...

FWIW everyone I thought this was a silly idea but I tried it today and it worked :)

DanHocker
01-08-2019, 11:26 AM
...but just FYI, in the past our slipcase maker has suggested you can "work" a slipcase to be a little looser by sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times...

FWIW everyone I thought this was a silly idea but I tried it today and it worked :)

I did this with pretty much every single slipcase for Gone Girl. Something happened between the prototype and the actual production run were that case ended up too tight. We were attempting to stretch them out by hand but I ended up finding a book that was just enough bigger to work. I don't think we ever figured out how that ended up happening.

amd013
01-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Hi Brian,

Many months back there was a discussion about a book you guys were doing for the members of a previous CDCC. I think it was some kind of collectors guide with many photo's taken from Bob Jackson's collection. Is there any update on this? Was wondering if there would be anyway for people who didn't subscribe to that years' CDCC could get their hands on a copy. Although I don't normally collect books about King, this is one I would be interested in, even if it is just a trade edition.

Also, what is the status of "Shining in the Dark", it seems the slipcases are taking a very long time, considering the book was released in March of last year.

Thanks,
Mike

Brian James Freeman
01-10-2019, 07:07 PM
Hi Brian, Many months back there was a discussion about a book you guys were doing for the members of a previous CDCC. I think it was some kind of collectors guide with many photo's taken from Bob Jackson's collection. Is there any update on this? Was wondering if there would be anyway for people who didn't subscribe to that years' CDCC could get their hands on a copy. Although I don't normally collect books about King, this is one I would be interested in, even if it is just a trade edition.

There will most likely be a trade edition. I'm not 100% sure how much of the photo gallery, which will be a crazy number of full-color glossy pages in the Limited Edition, will be in a trade edition if we want the price to be at all reasonable.

Also, what is the status of "Shining in the Dark", it seems the slipcases are taking a very long time, considering the book was released in March of last year.

Waiting on an update from Mindy about this one, but I suspect we'll be sending the project to a different slipcase maker given the way things are going. I'll definitely post more when I know more!

Brian

Ari_Racing
01-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Wo wo wo. No chance to get that book in the limited edition? :(

Brian James Freeman
01-11-2019, 05:29 AM

I'm sure there will be some extras to offer after the book ships. There were cancellations for the club over the year, but we set the number for the signature sheet based on the initial sign-up numbers!

Ari_Racing
01-11-2019, 05:40 AM
Oh...I'm in for a copy for sure!

stroppygoblin
01-11-2019, 05:42 AM
I was one of the proof readers. It's a good book. :thumbsup:

Roseannebarr
01-11-2019, 09:22 AM

I'm sure there will be some extras to offer after the book ships. There were cancellations for the club over the year, but we set the number for the signature sheet based on the initial sign-up numbers!

I am second in line! Thanks Brian!!!!!!

Roseannebarr
01-11-2019, 09:24 AM

I like the idea of CD sending a photographer to each collector and taking pictures of their books and making a book. Has to be expensive, but I hope you can come and do my collection next!

Actually, I would like to see Sentinal's, Explorers and Alec's collection in book form!!!

Beverly Marsh
01-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Hi Brian, Many months back there was a discussion about a book you guys were doing for the members of a previous CDCC. I think it was some kind of collectors guide with many photo's taken from Bob Jackson's collection. Is there any update on this? Was wondering if there would be anyway for people who didn't subscribe to that years' CDCC could get their hands on a copy. Although I don't normally collect books about King, this is one I would be interested in, even if it is just a trade edition.

There will most likely be a trade edition. I'm not 100% sure how much of the photo gallery, which will be a crazy number of full-color glossy pages in the Limited Edition, will be in a trade edition if we want the price to be at all reasonable.

Waiting on an update from Mindy about this one, but I suspect we'll be sending the project to a different slipcase maker given the way things are going. I'll definitely post more when I know more!

Brian

I was also wondering about both of these things so thank you for asking and answering!
I would be perfectly happy with a trade edition if there is no limited. Just a little something for the rest of us :) I have the Collectibles Book that Bett's put out years ago and I can only imagine what a CD version would look like. Especially with Bob's collection!

dnemec
01-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Random question for CDCC members: Do you guys still get emails prior to them going out to everyone? I received the email for Sacrament today, but didn't get one for CDCC members before and it seems like normally we would. And when I thought about it, the same thing happened last time we got an email from them. Does this not happen anymore? Just wondering if I got removed from a list somehow...

jsweet
01-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Random question for CDCC members: Do you guys still get emails prior to them going out to everyone? I received the email for Sacrament today, but didn't get one for CDCC members before and it seems like normally we would. And when I thought about it, the same thing happened last time we got an email from them. Does this not happen anymore? Just wondering if I got removed from a list somehow...

Yes. I still get emails. I got one for Sacrament on 1/3, for instance

lotuz
01-11-2019, 06:29 PM

Yes. I still get emails. I got one for Sacrament on 1/3, for instance

I got a CDCC email today, but nothing for Sacrament. :orely:

Maybe it was for people who had previously purchased the Gauntlet Press Barker titles from CD? (I did not)

dnemec
01-11-2019, 06:44 PM
Thanks guys.

Hmmm...looking back, I don't think I've gotten those emails for awhile. Just goes to show how observant I am.

BRIAN!!!! HELP!!!!

Brian James Freeman
01-11-2019, 06:45 PM

You might want to check your spam folder if you can. I've been hearing reports of the CDCC notes ending up in there lately. Let me know if nothing turns up! :) Recent notes have been:

1/3/19 -- Sacrament, 20% off
1/4/19 -- A Knight of the Word, 10% off
1/7/19 -- Tomorrow's Journal, 10% off
1/11/19 -- Funland, 15% off (BUT not every member got this -- this is a rare "second chance" note where the publisher offered us more copies, so we excluded anyone who bought it the first time so they wouldn't accidentally purchase it a second time!)

Brian

dnemec
01-11-2019, 06:59 PM

You might want to check your spam folder if you can. I've been hearing reports of the CDCC notes ending up in there lately. Let me know if nothing turns up! :) Recent notes have been:

1/11/19 -- Funland, 15% off (BUT not every member got this -- this is a rare "second chance" note where the publisher offered us more copies, so we excluded anyone who bought it the first time so they wouldn't accidentally purchase it a second time!)

Brian

Oh, Brian, you are such a doll! Unfortunately, I does not appear that I am getting them. I am getting production updates, shipping updates, and the general announcements, but not the CDCC updates.

Brian James Freeman
01-11-2019, 07:18 PM

Brian

Oh, Brian, you are such a doll! Unfortunately, I does not appear that I am getting them. I am getting production updates, shipping updates, and the general announcements, but not the CDCC updates.

Hmmmm... Please shoot me an email and we'll figure out what's going on! brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Hunchback Jack
01-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Ugh, I had the same problem. Six updates from the last month were in my spam folder - including the 20% discount on Sacrament!

Strange that it just started happening in the last month or so. I've never had that problem before.

Thanks very much to all for mentioning it here.

HBJ

Br!an
01-12-2019, 10:51 AM
I've been receiving everything. At least I think so.

lotuz
01-12-2019, 01:58 PM
I'm glad this came up here! I was receiving some of them but not all of them, and because a few were trickling in, I didn't even realize it.

A bunch of stuff went to my spam folder starting a month ago (including my $25 gift cert for a grab bag order :() and I had no idea :doh:

Brian James Freeman
01-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Ugh, I had the same problem. Six updates from the last month were in my spam folder - including the 20% discount on Sacrament!

Strange that it just started happening in the last month or so. I've never had that problem before.

Thanks very much to all for mentioning it here.

HBJ

If you (anyone in the CDCC!) missed out on something you wanted, or you ordered without the discount because you didn't get the notes, please email me (brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com) and Mindy (order@cemeterydance.com) and we'll help you out. We can easily apply the discount to your order if you ordered a book without the discount. For a book you missed out on that is sold out, Mindy can check our cancellations list and/or I can go to the publisher and see if we could get a few more. Definitely get in touch. Thanks!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-12-2019, 06:04 PM
I'm glad this came up here! I was receiving some of them but not all of them, and because a few were trickling in, I didn't even realize it.

A bunch of stuff went to my spam folder starting a month ago (including my $25 gift cert for a grab bag order :() and I had no idea :doh:

If that was the $25 coupon that expired, send me an email (brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com) and I'll credit your account for you instead!

And, obviously, I'll send another update to our host that we're hearing from more folks who are missing updates because they're showing up as spam on their end. We usually don't have problems with email, but then something will suddenly happen for no apparent reason and we will, so then our host does whatever it is they do to get things cleared up!

Brian

swintek
01-23-2019, 10:39 AM
Received The Best of The Scream Factory yesterday, and have to say that- imo- this is one of the coolest books CD has ever done. It is immediately formidable, right out of the box. I mean this thing is massive. It's beautifully done, inside and out, like reading the magazine chock full of well laid-out columns and images. Just one of those books I know I'm going to dip in and out of forever. As someone who was late to TSF party (like, at the wake)- I really appreciate this reference tome to all of the great stuff I missed. Huge kudos to CD (and, Mssrs. Enfantino, Moorish, and Scoleri!) for shepherding an important beast like this into existence.

Brian James Freeman
01-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Received The Best of The Scream Factory yesterday, and have to say that- imo- this is one of the coolest books CD has ever done. It is immediately formidable, right out of the box. I mean this thing is massive. It's beautifully done, inside and out, like reading the magazine chock full of well laid-out columns and images. Just one of those books I know I'm going to dip in and out of forever. As someone who was late to TSF party (like, at the wake)- I really appreciate this reference tome to all of the great stuff I missed. Huge kudos to CD (and, Mssrs. Enfantino, Moorish, and Scoleri!) for shepherding an important beast like this into existence.

Thank you very much! This book was a huge logistical undertaking but I do think it was worth the effort.

Brian

ICry4Oy
01-30-2019, 11:48 AM
Brian, I was wondering if you had any updates on Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift?

webstar1000
01-30-2019, 11:49 AM
Brian, I was wondering if you had any updates on Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I am so pumped!

Brian James Freeman
01-30-2019, 11:53 AM

Working this week on the next updates for us to email! Probably not today, but maybe tomorrow!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-30-2019, 12:12 PM

Working this week on the next updates for us to email! Probably not today, but maybe tomorrow!

Brian

And this may or may not go in the update, but we now have final Review Copies of NIGHT SHIFT that include the bonus stories and the additional artwork:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/NightShiftARC.jpg

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-30-2019, 12:58 PM
Actually, I probably don't have enough news for another Night Shift update to go out yet, but here's the one from two weeks ago for anyone who missed it:

As you might remember, Stephen King graciously allowed us to add “The Glass Floor” and “Weeds” to our editions, which have never appeared in any edition of NIGHT SHIFT anywhere in the world.

Today, we’re very pleased to report that artist Chris Odgers was able to use the additional production time to draw three more illustrations for the book, which you can preview at these links:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/TheGlassFloor.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/Weeds1.jpg
https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/misc/Weeds2.jpg

As we mentioned in the previous update, as soon as our printer is done with their work on SLEEPING BEAUTIES, we’ll be sending them NIGHT SHIFT. We’ll have a better idea of their schedule for printing and binding the book once we reach that point, and we will send you additional updates to keep you in the loop.

Munnecom
01-30-2019, 04:45 PM
That looks amazing! I can't wait to receive my copy.

I have a question about your latest update on Cardinal Black. On your website, it says

the good news is the printer does have all of the materials for the book and they are firmly committed to getting us the trade hardcover in early April.

Does this mean the numbered edition will be out later than April?

Also, are you able to match the numbers of all your McCammon books (this, Corbett #8 and #9 (which I assume you'll publish in the future?), Usher's Passing and whatever else you have planned)?

Lastly, do you have plans to publish the short stories set in the Corbett universe (included as extras in the signed editions that SubPress did) or to continue the Trevor Lawson series of novellas?

Thank you for any information you can divulge!

sentinel
01-30-2019, 05:41 PM

Thank you very much! This book was a huge logistical undertaking but I do think it was worth the effort.

Brian

Ditto to the comments above! Nice Job! Was there not a slipcase made for it?

Randall Flagg
01-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Brian
That art is mind blowing!

Can hardly wait (but I will).

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2019, 05:06 AM
That looks amazing! I can't wait to receive my copy.

I have a question about your latest update on Cardinal Black. On your website, it says

the good news is the printer does have all of the materials for the book and they are firmly committed to getting us the trade hardcover in early April.

Does this mean the numbered edition will be out later than April?

Also, are you able to match the numbers of all your McCammon books (this, Corbett #8 and #9 (which I assume you'll publish in the future?), Usher's Passing and whatever else you have planned)?

Lastly, do you have plans to publish the short stories set in the Corbett universe (included as extras in the signed editions that SubPress did) or to continue the Trevor Lawson series of novellas?

Thank you for any information you can divulge!

The Limited Edition and Lettered Edition will ship this summer once the slipcases and traycases are completed.

We can match numbers for books ordered directly from us, folks just have to reply to their order confirmation email and let us know their book number. (Or you can email order@cemeterydance.com if you no longer have your order email to reply to.)

Unfortunately, I don't know of any specific plans beyond the announced books. :)

Brian

webstar1000
01-31-2019, 07:19 AM
Brian
That art is mind blowing!

Can hardly wait (but I will).

That is SO LIKE the art of Wrightson...

goathunter
01-31-2019, 12:01 PM

It's my understanding that Subterranean Press has exclusive rights to those bonus Corbett universe short stories for several more years.

It's also unlikely that there will be more Trevor Lawson books, but never say never.

Hunter

Munnecom
01-31-2019, 12:50 PM
That’s too bad. There were supposed to be four, right?

ICry4Oy
01-31-2019, 01:19 PM
For those who didn't get the email:

As of today, our case maker estimates the slipcases for the Gift Edition and the traycases for the Limited Edition will be completed by the end of March.
Our printer should have all of the books printed and bound in early April, which means a late April publication date is looking likely for those two editions.
For the Lettered Edition, we need a finished copy of that edition of the book for our traycase maker due to the type of case he is making, but we expect that edition to be completed this year as well.

Dr. Dawg
01-31-2019, 01:21 PM
For those who didn't get the email:

As of today, our case maker estimates the slipcases for the Gift Edition and the traycases for the Limited Edition will be completed by the end of March.
Our printer should have all of the books printed and bound in early April, which means a late April publication date is looking likely for those two editions.
For the Lettered Edition, we need a finished copy of that edition of the book for our traycase maker due to the type of case he is making, but we expect that edition to be completed this year as well.

That's great news!

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2019, 02:14 PM
I didn't realize this was arriving or I would have taken some time to get a good photo, but instead I'll share a very quick photo of an approval slipcase we received for the SLEEPING BEAUTIES Gift Edition to see the stamping, etc:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/images/SBSlipcaseApproval.jpg

Sorry it's a little washed out, I took it very quickly. Will get some better photos when the books are done.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
01-31-2019, 02:17 PM
I also have a photo of the hot foil stamping approval "flat" sheet we received for the Limited Edition traycase, but due to the nature of the approval stage (quickie hits to get the colors down on the material, not full presses) it doesn't look quite as good as the finished product will, so I hesitate to share it. Plus, it's large and difficult to photograph, which makes it look even "less nice," if you get what I mean. So I'd hate to post this, even with caveats, and then have people panic and think the Limited Edition case won't look awesome. Because it's going to look awesome. :) Let me think about this a bit...

Brian

Randall Flagg
01-31-2019, 02:19 PM
Just wait. People will be fine.

goathunter
02-01-2019, 05:54 AM
That’s too bad. There were supposed to be four, right?

Yes, the last time he wrote about it, he had plans for four.

Right now, he's trying to concentrate on finishing the Matthew Corbett books (two more yet to write) before doing anything else.

Ari_Racing
02-01-2019, 06:05 AM
I LOVED I Travel by Night and Last Train from Perdition. I loved the stories and I deeply loved the edition of the books, with cover artwork and once internal piece by Michael Whelan. I really hope Robert writes the two other books as well and are published with the same format and illustrator. :)

Ben Eads
02-01-2019, 08:09 AM
Brian,

Hate to bug you, but is there a release date set yet for Stranger Weather?

Thanks!

jeffingoff
02-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Just wait. People will be fine.

+1

RichardX
02-01-2019, 08:34 AM
I LOVED I Travel by Night and Last Train from Perdition. I loved the stories and I deeply loved the edition of the books, with cover artwork and once internal piece by Michael Whelan. I really hope Robert writes the two other books as well and are published with the same format and illustrator. :)

Me too. It would be a real shame if those are not completed.

Merlin1958
02-01-2019, 09:05 AM
Ordered my slipcased collector edition of "The Institute" yesterday!!!! Looking forward to receiving that. Brian, one of these days you guys have to figure out how to deliver the book AND the slipcase together!!! lol lol Nevertheless, thank you CD for being my go to publisher!!!!

Does amazon have the page for the reading copies up yet? I don't order my reading copy from CD because I figure they have a limited supply and it wouldn't be fair to others.

sentinel
02-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Ordered my slipcased collector edition of "The Institute" yesterday!!!! Looking forward to receiving that. Brian, one of these days you guys have to figure out how to deliver the book AND the slipcase together!!! lol lol Nevertheless, thank you CD for being my go to publisher!!!!

Does amazon have the page for the reading copies up yet? I don't order my reading copy from CD because I figure they have a limited supply and it wouldn't be fair to others.

Don't buy from Amazon! Shop at your local bookstore!

Merlin1958
02-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Don't buy from Amazon! Shop at your local bookstore!

What, B & N? Actually, I'm not able to get out and about as I used to so, Amazon is actually my go to these days.

Brian James Freeman
02-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Brian,

Thanks!

I should have a better idea in early March of where that one will land... sorry for the wait, and thank you for your patience!

Brian

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-01-2019, 08:19 PM
But...if they deliver the slipcase and book together you don't get the foam.

Ben Eads
02-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Brian,

Thanks!

I should have a better idea in early March of where that one will land... sorry for the wait, and thank you for your patience!

Brian

Thanks for the update, Brian! I'm looking forward to it!

richardsrarebooks
02-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Dan or Brian: Can you let me know when part 3 and 4 of the 2018 grab bag club will be shipping. If I remember, the last word I had was late January or early February. Thanks.

DanHocker
02-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Dan or Brian: Can you let me know when part 3 and 4 of the 2018 grab bag club will be shipping. If I remember, the last word I had was late January or early February. Thanks.

Very very soon. I'm waiting on one book to show up, and it should've been here on Wednesday of last week, but they never called to schedule the delivery, and then no one was in the office on Friday because of the weather. So hopefully that book comes today and the both 3 and 4 will be shipping together later today / tomorrow. If not, it'll be shipping this week for sure either way.

dnemec
02-06-2019, 10:05 AM
Is CD going to be selling Suntup's AGE Rosemary's Baby? I ordered my Horns from you guys, so I was just wondering... Thanks!

DanHocker
02-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Is CD going to be selling Suntup's AGE Rosemary's Baby? I ordered my Horns from you guys, so I was just wondering... Thanks!

I think Brian was checking with Paul about that. He can confirm then.

DanHocker
02-06-2019, 10:12 AM

Very very soon. I'm waiting on one book to show up, and it should've been here on Wednesday of last week, but they never called to schedule the delivery, and then no one was in the office on Friday because of the weather. So hopefully that book comes today and the both 3 and 4 will be shipping together later today / tomorrow. If not, it'll be shipping this week for sure either way.

Jumping back to this, the last book for these finally arrived like 10 minutes before I left for the day yesterday. So these are shipping today. I've already printed most of the orders / shipping labels, so expect a shipping notice soon.

becca69
02-06-2019, 01:09 PM
How about this offer: 3 Random Books For One Insanely Low Price! ?
I bought 2 back in 2017.

DanHocker
02-06-2019, 02:00 PM
I bought 2 back in 2017.

Hmm. That one I don't know. I'm guessing something got lost somewhere as I thought we filled and shipped all of those (if they're what I think they are). Can you send me the email address associated with your account and I'll look it up.

becca69
02-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Thanks. I sent you a PM.

WeDealInLead
02-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Hi Brian,

Is there any chance you'll be publishing the other two books in The Straw Men trilogy?

Brian James Freeman
02-07-2019, 07:46 AM

Yes! I need to get the product page put together today, but yes, Paul very generously offered us some copies to sell to our collectors.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-07-2019, 07:48 AM
Hi Brian,

Is there any chance you'll be publishing the other two books in The Straw Men trilogy?

I think we want to get caught up on the projects that were delayed last year by the printer issue before officially committing more books to the production list, but the other two books were definitely part of the original plan.

Brian

webstar1000
02-07-2019, 07:49 AM
I really hope we see Fright or Flight lettered this year... I think you guys got something bad ass up your sleeves for this one Bri!

Brian James Freeman
02-07-2019, 07:58 AM
I really hope we see Fright or Flight lettered this year... I think you guys got something bad ass up your sleeves for this one Bri!

Richard's idea is crazy different for us, which I think collectors who have gotten "bored" with our SK Lettered Edition style will be very pleased to see... I've found a place that can do what he wants, so now it's just a matter of getting the books rolling at the printer to have the finished sizing, etc. Because the correct sizing will be very important!

Brian

amd013
02-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Hi Brian,

I've noticed the last two orders I have made with you guys I get an Mail not delivered message:

This is the mail system at host web033.mivamerchant.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<order@cemeterydance.com>: host aspmx.l.google.com[74.125.196.26] said:
550-5.7.1 [199.180.80.4 12] Our system has detected that this message
is 550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to
Gmail, 550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit 550-5.7.1
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError 550 5.7.1 for
more information. a61si6125889ybi.201 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
command)

Having said that, I do also get an order confirmation email, and I see the orders in my account, so looks like it is going through ok, but just thought you would like to know about this.

Thanks,
Mike

playdohman
02-07-2019, 10:13 AM
I bought 2 back in 2017.

Hmm. That one I don't know. I'm guessing something got lost somewhere as I thought we filled and shipped all of those (if they're what I think they are). Can you send me the email address associated with your account and I'll look it up.

My records show mine was shipped in May 2017. CD Item # X_EXTRABKS. I can't remember what books I got but I keep an eye on shipment notifications and ultimate deliveries so I feel confident I got it

DanHocker
02-07-2019, 11:07 AM
I bought 2 back in 2017.

My records show mine was shipped in May 2017. CD Item # X_EXTRABKS. I can't remember what books I got but I keep an eye on shipment notifications and ultimate deliveries so I feel confident I got it

Yea I found it. It was probably just lost in the void that is the postal service.

dnemec
02-07-2019, 07:01 PM

Yes! I need to get the product page put together today, but yes, Paul very generously offered us some copies to sell to our collectors.

Brian

Thanks, Brian!!! (And Paul!)

playdohman
02-08-2019, 08:19 PM

Jumping back to this, the last book for these finally arrived like 10 minutes before I left for the day yesterday. So these are shipping today. I've already printed most of the orders / shipping labels, so expect a shipping notice soon.

Dan,
I received the grab bags and included was a Freeman signed trade paperback of The Zombie Who Cried Human. I cannot find any reference to this edition on the website. Stated Trade Paperback with ISBN similar to HC editions.

Brian James Freeman
02-09-2019, 05:55 AM

Dan,
I received the grab bags and included was a Freeman signed trade paperback of The Zombie Who Cried Human. I cannot find any reference to this edition on the website. Stated Trade Paperback with ISBN similar to HC editions.

I needed an edition in print when the audiobook was released because of the marketing push that was in place for that edition (since lots of people might hear about the story and not be interested in an audio but would like a print version), so we quietly put that trade paperback out. It'll be officially announced this summer after the hardcover editions ship.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-09-2019, 05:57 AM
Hi Brian,

I've noticed the last two orders I have made with you guys I get an Mail not delivered message:

Yep, that's annoying. We've figured out what is happening but not how to fix it yet, but we're working through some ideas! :)

Brian

playdohman
02-09-2019, 10:07 AM
I needed an edition in print when the audiobook was released because of the marketing push that was in place for that edition (since lots of people might hear about the story and not be interested in an audio but would like a print version), so we quietly put that trade paperback out. It'll be officially announced this summer after the hardcover editions ship.

Brian

An even better surprise in the grab bag then! Will CD be publishing the ongoing Friendly Little Monsters series? When can we expect the next one?

Brian James Freeman
02-09-2019, 10:15 AM

Brian

An even better surprise in the grab bag then! Will CD be publishing the ongoing Friendly Little Monsters series? When can we expect the next one?

Yes! Glenn has the script for The Slow Zombie and The Fast Zombie, and he’s working to find time in his schedule. All of the color art takes a while to complete.

Also, I just approved the full color bluelines for The Zombie Who Cried Human hardcover editions and the art reproduction is beautiful.

Brian

Br!an
02-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Snow Day 50% off sale - today only

Use code SNOW50 at checkout.

Brian861
02-20-2019, 11:14 AM
Snow Day 50% off sale - today only

Use code SNOW50 at checkout.

Saw that! Gonna score a book I've been holding out on.

allasorte
02-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Brian,
I hate to bother you. I would like to make a purchase and I previously purchased the $50 a month credit. How do I see it and use it? I ask because I was attempting to make a purchases this evening and cannot find it. Thanks.

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2019, 04:48 PM
Brian,
I hate to bother you. I would like to make a purchase and I previously purchased the $50 a month credit. How do I see it and use it? I ask because I was attempting to make a purchases this evening and cannot find it. Thanks.

Your current credit should be a payment option on the Payment selection page during checkout. If not, please send me an email! A few people have multiple email addresses on their accounts and I have to manually adjust how the credit is added each month for them. Thanks!

Brian

allasorte
02-28-2019, 05:25 PM
Brian,

Your current credit should be a payment option on the Payment selection page during checkout. If not, please send me an email! A few people have multiple email addresses on their accounts and I have to manually adjust how the credit is added each month for them. Thanks!

Brian

I believe it was there this time. thanks Brian

Brian James Freeman
02-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Brian,

Brian

I believe it was there this time. thanks Brian

Awesome!

Brian

ICry4Oy
03-01-2019, 10:11 AM
"The City of Mirrors" and "Interview With a Vampire"
Any movement on these?

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2019, 10:58 AM
"The City of Mirrors" and "Interview With a Vampire"
Any movement on these?

I know they are both high priorities on Rich's "got to get these books to the printer" list, now that we're almost caught-up from last year's logjam, but I'm still waiting on some more specifics. He had an unexpected collaboration leap onto his schedule -- it must be something about this time of year! -- and he's been buried in that for the last six weeks or so, but I'm hoping he surfaces with some more details about his plans soon!

Brian

Brian James Freeman
03-01-2019, 11:01 AM
If anyone wants to hear about the "little joys" of small press publishing, ask Dan about his current attempts to get the Sleeping Beauties slipcases from the case maker to the book printer... Although, considering Dan is the one who decides when he's going to ship your orders to you, maybe you don't actually want to poke the bear by doing that... :dance:

Brian

St. Troy
03-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Small press publishing seems like herding cats...