Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus

19 57.58%
  • Doctor Who

14 42.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1960s (Bracket 1)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Quarterfinals: 1960s (Bracket 1)

Monty Python's Flying Circus
    vs.
    Doctor Who

Previously on BTVSAT:

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

dr who
    while python was good, its not the best series of all time now is it?

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

DOCTOR WHO

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah hell, why not ... Doctor Who !

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Monty Python.

John

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow the Dr. is behind Python

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    dr who
    while python was good, its not the best series of all time now is it?
    If you ask Eric Idle, it might be.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Python

(I hate Dr. Who)
    *runs out of thread*
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Monty Python is a piece of art. It deserves to advance out of the decade.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. A huge, steaming piece of art.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, that's what bears have voted for, too

(bears' nomination, after all)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Yep. A huge, steaming piece of art.
    Not that I have any problem with this (voted for the Dr. myself), but I cannot help but wonder - why so harsh?
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not harsh. It's wacky.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Aw, heck. I voted for Who, naturally, but against the legend that is Python? I'm not a big fan of it, but even I know how big it is, even in the US. I have doubts Who's going to make it out of this round, tbh.

That won't stop me from rooting for Who, of course!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    That's not harsh. It's wacky.
    Oh, OK. I see your point.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Doctor Who
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am a big Doctor Who fan, but I have a long and beautiful history with Python, so I voted for it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Python

(I hate Dr. Who)
    *runs out of thread*
    I second that motion/notion. Never did like Dr. Who. Couldn't get into it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just realized that Dr. Who is the lowest ranked 60’s show in this round. In fact, of all the shows in round 3, it’s only ahead of Bonanza, The Jeffersons, Night Gallery and Saved By The Bell.

Country
    Country Flag

That's right. Good eye.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'd also realized that. Shameful. MPFC is not so much greater, really, but I'm not surprised that it's gotten more votes.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just realized that Dr. Who is the lowest ranked 60’s show in this round. In fact, of all the shows in round 3, it’s only ahead of Bonanza, The Jeffersons, Night Gallery and Saved By The Bell.
    i am flabbergasted!!!

if this was a UK only vote this would be storming, its massive over here, i know its lost some viewers with the new guy but from the 60's through to now its got a HUGE fan base, i just think its a shame that its losing so badly and has been from the start

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not surprised. MP is a bastion of surrealism and comedy. It's museum-quality programming. Who's just cool.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

link: /doctor-who-museum-blackpool/

I see what you're trying to say, though. I just think it's balderdash.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

This is belated but how the hell did anything beat Andy Griffith?!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast