Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the better series?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doctor Who

16 53.33%
  • The Jetsons

14 46.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BTVSAT - Round 1: 1960s (Bracket 7)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default BTVSAT - Round 1: 1960s (Bracket 7)

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh NO! How ever will I make a choice?

(see avatar/signature for references)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What Pond said!

Also, even back in the cheap, cheesy 60s, Doctor Who was clearly better than the Jetsons: you only need to hear that awesome theme to know that!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...♪Jane, his wife !♪

/extremely catchy keyboard bit

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's only one catchy keyboard bit you need to know feev, and that's, "diddle-dee-dum, diddle-dee-dum, diddle-dee-dum, oo-wooooooo-oooooooooooooooo." Classic stuff. The fact that they still use it today (but slightly updated, of course) shows just how immortal that tune is. As you know, having watched The Eleventh Hour by now. Right?

- Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    ...♪Jane, his wife !♪

/extremely catchy keyboard bit
    Love The Jetsons and the theme.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I could never get into the Jetsons.

John

Country
    Country Flag

It just so happens tomorrow is Doctor Who's 47th anniversary,

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yep, a day I plan to celebrate by watching the first episode broadcast before moving onto some of the greatest stories ever whilst drinking alcohol and eating nachos! (It has to be said though that first ep 'An Unearthly Child' is easily a classic. If you haven't watched that yet, look it up if you can. The broadcasted version, not the unbroadcast pilot, that had a few tiny problems with it, but the one as transmitted is a classic, and one of my favourite opening episodes to a show ever! Full of mystery and wonderful ideas, especially for its time. Shame that not many people watched it the first time - it had the misfortune of being broadcast the day after Kennedy was assassinated.)

- Melike

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Dr WHO

hoooo hoooo hoooo, whaahahhahahah dadaaaaddddaaaaa

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Regarding the TARDIS chronicles clip you posted, pablo: that's gotta be one of the most epic things on youtube i've ever seen! Bloody hell, now I'm really in the mood to watch a shedload of Doctor Who! First 13 episodes comprising 3 stories, I've decided: An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction. Guess which enemy makes their first appearance in the 2nd one?

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    ... now I'm really in the mood to watch a shedload of Doctor Who! ...
    Whereas most of the time you're not really in the mood?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    ... now I'm really in the mood to watch a shedload of Doctor Who! ...
    Whereas most of the time you're not really in the mood?
    Well, I'm usually in the mood to just watch a bit of Doctor Who, at least.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the TARDIS chronicles clip you posted, pablo: that's gotta be one of the most epic things on youtube i've ever seen! Bloody hell, now I'm really in the mood to watch a shedload of Doctor Who! First 13 episodes comprising 3 stories, I've decided: An Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction. Guess which enemy makes their first appearance in the 2nd one?
    My pleasure. I spent over an hour on Youtube looking for a good one, since there's such an abundance of them.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

An hour? Wow. Have you thought about watching the show yet? I'm telling ya now, Series 5 (the first Matt Smith series that was on this year) is as good a place as any to start.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

I'll give it a go one of these days, certainly.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, stiff competition for the Doctors.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I must admit, I am surprised at how well The Jetsons is doing. Maybe it's just me, but for a show that's stuck around for over 45 years, been an important part of both British and tv culture in general (you only need to type in "tom baker simpsons" on youtube to see that even in the US, it's got its fans), and is, most surprising of all, more popular than ever, you kinda get the feeling that it should be doing a lot better than this against a saturday morning cartoon, even if it's a Hanna Barbera one. I mean, stiff competition from the Jetsons? Really? Guess that wasn't as big here as everywhere else.

- Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

See, to be honest, if you had given me this poll a few years ago, I'd be tempted to vote for the Jetsons. While, yes, it is a cartoon, it was a very entertaining and well-made cartoon. I watched it regularly as a kid, and it wasn't even made when I was around. And, given that Doctor Who is a somewhat cult-show in places outside the UK, I'm not too surprised. I didn't say I wasn't upset, but I'm not as surprised as you think I'd be...

Now, of course, I'll be quite mad if DW doesn't advance. It is an amazing, show, despite not having such a huge following outside the UK.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Well, it has been a long time since I watched it, so maybe I'm not being fair. And I know there's every chance that Doctor Who won't advance if it went up against a big US show like, say, Lost or X Files, but I would prefer it to get past the first round, at least, especially when it's up against a show that hasn't been quite as big a hit as a lot of other shows in this tournament.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Well it can't go up against Lost or The X Files because they're in different decades, so only if they all advance out of their respective decades.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know, pablo. I'm just being optimistic and thinking it'll get that far, tbh, even when it's gone up against all the other 60s shows out there.

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it has been a long time since I watched it, so maybe I'm not being fair. And I know there's every chance that Doctor Who won't advance if it went up against a big US show like, say, Lost or X Files, but I would prefer it to get past the first round, at least, especially when it's up against a show that hasn't been quite as big a hit as a lot of other shows in this tournament.
    Oh, I will certainly be upset if it doesn't make it past a cartoon show! It's so much better than that...

But, however far it makes it in the tournament, we will know the truth of television, right? It really is the greatest show of all time, right?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Doctor Who
    Although I really do like The Jetsons as well. I grew up on that show.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm just wondering, for the people who voted for The Jetsons: why do you think it's the better show? Don't worry, i'm not gonna rant and rave about why Doctor Who's more awesome, I'm just interested in how it's so close.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast