Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: The Whedonverse

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Does the "Whedon-verse" now include "The Avengers" or still just Buffy, Spike, Angel and Cordelia????
    Joss Whedon explains why The Avengers won’t feel Whedonesque
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I would like everyone's help if you have a minute to aid my obsessive-compulsive shopping. I have narrowed down my Jayne Hat Hunt to four links (to be fair, the last one's page hasn't been updated in a while, so I'm not sure it's still available) and would like opinions on which one looks closest to the real thing. I'm thinking right now this would be a great Halloween costume if I pair it with a Jayne shirt, I've seen some Blue Sun shirts around.

Jayne Hat 1
    Jayne Hat 2
    Jayne Hat 3
    Jayne Hat 4

Or if you've seen a better one around, let me know. Thanks for the help!
    I'd say #3
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the input!

I've narrowed it down to 2 or 3, there's a Blue Sun shirt on Busted Tees, and my friend told me to go buy a Nerf gun for Vera.

I am gonna rock this.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

is this just because or a halloween thing?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The hat was just because I NEED a cunning hat, I love it so much, and then I thought, "when am I actually going to wear this?" and decided to make it a full-on costume. I also just need a vent for the way I've gotten ridiculously obsessed over this series in the past few weeks. (Seriously, I'm getting a little insane. )

I'll probably end up wearing the outfit around my apartment, though. So it's a little of both?

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we all would love to see a picture of your final costume!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    The hat was just because I NEED a cunning hat, I love it so much, and then I thought, "when am I actually going to wear this?" and decided to make it a full-on costume. I also just need a vent for the way I've gotten ridiculously obsessed over this series in the past few weeks. (Seriously, I'm getting a little insane. )

I'll probably end up wearing the outfit around my apartment, though. So it's a little of both?
    And I think I remember you saying you didn't really care for it when you first started watching it
    You're also really making me want to go and do a rewatch now.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't like it at all at first, especially River just cowering and whining. I wanted to beat her. I honestly didn't like her or Simon at all until Serenity. Also episode 5 is just awful, but once I got past that I think the show got a lot better, and Serenity is just amazing.

I will definitely post pics of my final costume, but I STILL can't pick a hat (I see good qualities in both and just can't decide) and I'm kind of waiting on the shirt a little to see if it goes on sale. Also I'm being disciplined and not buying either until I get a paycheck.

My Mood
    Breezy

I've been thinking about doing a Malcolm costume for a while. I had kind of considered doing a steampunk gunslinger but figured that I'm not that hipster, for 1, and by the time I got around to wearing it I'd be over it. So I'm thinking of doing either a Malcolm or a Dr. Horrible outfit.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I've been thinking about doing a Malcolm costume for a while. I had kind of considered doing a steampunk gunslinger but figured that I'm not that hipster, for 1, and by the time I got around to wearing it I'd be over it. So I'm thinking of doing either a Malcolm or a Dr. Horrible outfit.
    Ya, OK. Keep me in the loop on that, cool?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Do it!

I was looking at Firefly cosplays last night (I have no life) and realized nobody dresses as Book. Absolutely nobody. It's kind of bothering me now. Although I guess nobody has Fabulous Hair like he does....

My Mood
    Breezy

lol@ the Fro episode. That shit was funny.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm kind of sad he didn't leave it that way... I disliked his hairstyle in Serenity. I know that's a ridiculous detail to get hung up on, but still.

Country
    Country Flag

I am a proud owner of a Jayne hat! Pics eventually.

:happy dance:

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm the new proud owner of something else as well. I'll wait until I get it to post.

Country
    Country Flag

How long do we have to wait til we find out?!

I have pics of the hat but I don't know how to get them off my boyfriend's iPhone and onto the interwebs.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen The Cabin In The Woods, yet? Any good?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

No, but I've been dying to!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Same! My sisters are too wussy to take me, and my other cinema driving buddy is currently in Scotland...how inconsiderate

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw it Saturday night and LOVED it! Not only tense at times but super funny as well. You must see it knowing as little as possible about it. Read no reviews and avoid trailers if you can. Lovingly pays tribute to all things horror while tearing apart the trappings and conventions. Nuff said. Go see it!

Country
    Country Flag

Last edited by Ka-mai; 10-29-2013 at 02:38 PM.

My Mood
    Breezy

YES! HAHAHAHAHA!

That looks awesome, Ka-Mai. Congratulations.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I would be wearing it right now if it wasn't 70 degrees out. I seriously wore it around my boyfriend's apartment all weekend. It's on a teddy bear now because I can't stand to put it away where I can't see it.

I think it's pretty screen-accurate, so if anyone else is looking to get one I can tell you where I got it.

Edit: Tonight I ordered a Blue Sun shirt, so in a couple weeks I'll have a pretty sweet outfit.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by evilash View Post
    I saw it Saturday night and LOVED it! Not only tense at times but super funny as well. You must see it knowing as little as possible about it. Read no reviews and avoid trailers if you can. Lovingly pays tribute to all things horror while tearing apart the trappings and conventions. Nuff said. Go see it!
    I would say this is a fair evaluation. My opinion, which you SHOULD NOT read before seeing the movie because it will spoil things:

Spoiler:
    It's a combination of Scream and Hunger Games, with tributes to Evil Dead, Cube, Hellraiser and Thirteen Ghosts. I'm sure there's a lot more references we're missing. Anyway, it's really fascinating to see the influences.

Country
    Country Flag

Just started Dollhouse. Is Fran Kranz usually the same person when he acts? I've only ever seen him in Cabin in the Woods so I don't want to assume anything. But he's pretty much the same guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast