Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Merlin1958

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Merlin1958

Yes, I'm back!!! Okay, so the first few are an attempt to get my feet wet with using the site gallery to host my pictures. So there is likely to be some stops and starts as I get acclimated to this system.

Here goes. Older Pic of my 1st shelf:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, that wasn't so bad. Still need to figure out how to upload an organize them better, but for now just so you didn't waste your time visiting this thread:

Shelf #2

Shelf #3

Shelf #4
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shelf #5

Shelf #6

Shelf #7

Shelf #8
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shelf #9

"Christine" U.K. First Edition - Signed

"Under the Dome" U.S. First Edition - Signed

"The Green Mile" U.S. First Edition - Geyer Remarque
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Little Sisters of Eluria" A.E.

"Talisman/Black House" S/L - Peter Straub & Rick Berry

"Insomnia" First Edition Slipcased - Ziesing
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Secretary of Dreams: Vol I"

"The Colorado Kid" Three States: Slipcased

"The Dark Tower" Vol I-III First Edition

"The Dark Tower" Vol VII A.E. Michael Whelan

"The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" Signed

"Bag of Bones" Galley Proof - Slipcased
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Before amyone comments or asks any questions be advised, these photo's are just my first foray into utilizing the site to host photo's. At one time I had the 2nd most viewed collection thread on the site, but a brief & silly misunderstanding (over a "vagina" for Heaven's sake lol) lead to the deletion of that thread. Plus, "Imageshack" kinda blows anyway. I actually uploaded a couple "Test " photo's, but I'll be damned if I know where they are on the site!!! lol

I'm also in the process of designing and completing my new Library where ALL my King Book collection and paraphenalia will be located and shelved in one room. So this is going to be a process and you'll want to visit often as things progress and my project starts to come to it's end. I've still gotta get some tutelage from, El Jefe on organizing the photo's, but trust me I've got a LOT of cool stuff!!!! Maybe not as extensive as some others collections (like El Jefe, Webstar, Explorer, Tippy, etc), but I'm in the top 15 I think, at least as far as the site goes. I collect primarily U.S./U.K First Editions and what I like to refer to as "Upgrades" (S/L. AE. Remarques & Unique collectible items/books). lol I have a fairly extensive & unique collection of remarqued books, framed/un-framed art/sketch's as well as one of the larger collections of "Dolso Wooden Cases & Case Art". A fair amount of this stuff came as a by-product of my years as the "Chief Haven Fund Raiser", working in tandem with, El Jefe, King Artists and others to produce collectible items for auction and eventual donation to the "Haven Fund". I also have maybe one of the most unique (and certainly a true "One of a Kind") collectible books you'll surely love to see. Now, if I can just figure out how to upload and then find the Goddamn pic we could move along!!! lol lol

So, bear with me folks. Some of the older members have seen a lot of the stuff before, but newer members will be in for a treat I think. I hope so anyway. I also have a new room for my "Yankee" and "Star Wars" memorabilia (My wife is just the BEST!!!!). That room is also in
    the process of being completedd, but will be the home of those collections. Lastly, I also have a fair amount of "Rock n Roll" Art created by, Ron Wood of the Rolling Stones and Roger Dean, of "YES/URIAH HEEP" fame (He was inducted into the R&R HOF a few years ago). There is also some R&R memorabilia. Alas, my wife has yet to figure a way to get that stuff out of the Living Room and confined to a room she doesn't have to go into!!! LOL However, give her time!!! So, visit often and I'll be with you again soon!!!!

Spoiler:
    P.S. Also, you may have noticed, I have several TMSG's. That's right, Shannon, plural!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Curious as to how you decided to place (what order?) the books. I may be obtuse but I haven't figured it out.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Curious as to how you decided to place (what order?) the books. I may be obtuse but I haven't figured it out.

LOL Me either!!! Hey, it was 10 years ago and all these images were already here. I'm not sure where the two new ones I uploaded went!!! lol So, I just sort of practiced getting the layout and URL's from the pics that were uploaded 10 yrs ago. As I mentioned, I need to get some help from you when you're free to figure out how to properly upload and organize the new pics I'll be taking as the library gets more organized and completed. Still have a lot of physical organizing to do here before I continue with updated photo's.

Gotta start somewhere, right? lol lol

Edit: The shelves at the time were sort of by publication date except for the DT book, which I had at the front of everything at the time. The individual pics are just cooler items I had at the time I think. So there's little rhyme or reason to it at this time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That UK Carrie is worthless. Just mail it my way. Nice stuff Bill.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Nice stuff so far, Bill. You seem to collect pretty much everything! I enjoy seeing the mix of US and UK editions.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice books !

I would be interested in seeing the bookshelves as well.
    Must be a nice room and collection
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

And here I thought you were just on the site to stir up trouble. Great collection!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

New Library Photo (hosted by Google Photo's)

Doesn't work
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, may be worth investing in a light box; makes photographing all those books much easier and the pictures come out way better. Here's the one I've got: https://www.amazon.com/Zecti-Portabl...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shazam!!! With the expert and very kind tutelage of our, Fearless Leader I think I have found and corrected the process and can now post pics hosted by the site to my collection thread,

As I stated before, the finalizing and reorganization of my new Library is an ongoing project that is not as yet completed. Never the less, if you all will continue to bear with me as it goes on, I'm going to post some random pics of new items just so that I get the hang of "How to...". Then, once I've more or less got the hang of it and the Library begins to really take shape, I'll begin posting individual pics of the more notable items in my collection and re-take some "shelf pics" so that you can all feast your eyes on what I have to offer in my collection.

Please note; All the pics posted prior to this one were photo's from my collection as it was Ten (10) years ago. As you can imagine, while all those books depicted are still in my hands, they are now being reorganized and ten years of acquisitions are being added to the collection in a new and cool "Library Format".

So here goes some long awaited (by some folks here) photo's of books I have added to my collection over the last ten years!!!

EDIT: George, I'm taking your advice (You know how to spend my money, don't you? lol) and a new "Photo Box" is on it's way and will arrive in a couple of weeks.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This book is perhaps the single most valuable book in my collection. It certainly is to me anyway. "Charlie the Choo-Choo" U.K. Hodder, Stoughton Collectors First Edition w/Signed Print. The book contains a one of a kind, two page "Haven Fund" remarque done and signed by, Ned Dameron and also personalized to me for my years raising money for "The Haven Fund" by, Stephen King (a/k/a. Beryl Evans). As you may imagine this book is very near and dear to my heart and the only way it will leave my collection is if someone were to pry it out of my cold dead fingers!!!!

You can also see my, Alex McVey "Oy at Rest" #45/50 sculpture, that also serves very nicely to hold back pages for taking photo's!! lol The book is preserved in a very nice slipcase as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just for reference, here is a photo of my family (before #2 grandson, Alex was born) of my amazing wife, my son, William III, my daughter, Kristine (Yes, we named her after the car, but with a german "K") and my #1 grandson William IV. As i have stated before, I not only hae been blessed with a wonderful family, but my wife is the most amazing woman who recently assigned me two separate rooms to house all my collectibles. One room is being converted to the aforementioned "SK/Horror Library", but also a den to house my growing "Yankees" and "Star Wars" memorabilia!!! Also featured below is a photo of my latest "Yankees Acquisition, original Yankee Stadium blueprints, signed by, Joltin' Joe DiMaggio!!! This collectible item was very generously given to me by a wonderful member here, "George at C-Springs". He absolutely blew me away by sending me this item and it has recently come back from the framer and will feature prominently in the new "Den"!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This book is (was? lol) my HOLY GRAIL until late last year when I managed to acquire it from our own, Dick Olson (Dolso) at a very fair price. One of the more elaborate and downright awesome, Stephen King Signed Limited Editions, "The Stand" signed by, Stephen King and the late, Bernie Wrightson and No. 772/1,250. They don't get much better than this one!!! Every self respecting, King Collection should have one!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And some "Solo Shots" of Alex McVey' "Oy at Rest" No. 45/50

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks great!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

This looks amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    This book is perhaps the single most valuable book in my collection. It certainly is to me anyway. "Charlie the Choo-Choo" U.K. Hodder, Stoughton Collectors First Edition w/Signed Print. The book contains a one of a kind, two page "Haven Fund" remarque done and signed by, Ned Dameron and also personalized to me for my years raising money for "The Haven Fund" by, Stephen King (a/k/a. Beryl Evans). As you may imagine this book is very near and dear to my heart and the only way it will leave my collection is if someone were to pry it out of my cold dead fingers!!!!

You can also see my, Alex McVey "Oy at Rest" #45/50 sculpture, that also serves very nicely to hold back pages for taking photo's!! lol The book is preserved in a very nice slipcase as well.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankee Stadium blueprint looks great framed Bill; shit, now I may have to find myself one too! I think I'd frame mine in Yankee Blue though ......
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Man, some really great stuff showing up in this thread.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Incredible stuff Bill. that Choo-Choo is breath taking.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast