Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: The Whedonverse

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Mattrick's just being a hater. Fling poo at him.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Mattrick;574001]

I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan, but thats funny
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry guys, saw this site 'top ten ways in start a nerd argument' and calling Whedon a hack was number 2 couldn't resist.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Sorry guys, saw this site 'top ten ways in start a nerd argument' and calling Whedon a hack was number 2 couldn't resist.
    Let me guess: at number 1 was the statement, "Battlestar Galactica was a big pile of shit!"?

Spoiler:
    Whether I thought the remake was one of the best scifi shows of the past ten years (judging by the mini-series and season one, at least) is entirely immaterial, it's still the best way to start a nerd argument!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've watched the first four episodes of Firefly and I'm not quite entirely sure what the appeal is. Could someone just tell me why they love it so much? Maybe then I'll see more good in it.

Right now all I can think is, "Jesus, Mal, stop hitting people for FIVE SECONDS please!"
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The key appeal I think is it's mix of science fiction, western, action and humour. I really enjoyed it, but if you haven't seen the appeal of it so far, you probably won't have that "aha!" moment. There's been a couple of really popular shows that, no matter how much I watched or how much it was explained to me, I just couldn't get into.

- Melike

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I kind of feel like it is Cowboy Bebop, only with more (and better) female characters. So, I enjoy that aspect, but I feel like it's trying too hard or something.

Also I hate River. Seriously. Her whole storyline bores me to death.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I kind of feel like it is Cowboy Bebop, only with more (and better) female characters. So, I enjoy that aspect, but I feel like it's trying too hard or something.

Also I hate River. Seriously. Her whole storyline bores me to death.
    It's a great show however I do agree with your assessment of River. Boring!

Country
    Country Flag

I only have one more episode left. I am in love with Jayne's hat. I'm glad they stopped bitching about River and am hoping it stays that way for the final episode. I think the series has gotten better but it is still pretty predictable. I've seen these storylines before.

But seriously? Jayne's hat. <3

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Oh, so you're nearly done, ka-mai? Hmmm. What show to recommend next?

Spoiler:

You know you want to!

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Finished the series, watching the movie this weekend. It was okay, it got better as it went on, and I do have a slight addiction to it now even though I know I was rolling my eyes through a lot of it. I give it a B.

Nooo, next is Downton Abbey. Maggie Smith FTW.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Fair enough.

Spoiler:
    As long as Who is next on your list. Come on, you need something to fill that British epic fix now that Potter's finished!

- Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Nooo, next is Downton Abbey. Maggie Smith FTW.
    Yes! I love Downton Abbey. I just got all caught up last weekend.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched Serenity! I really liked it, and it made me like River because she actually did something. My only complaints are 1. Jayne's hat did not reappear, and
    Spoiler:
    2. Wash.

Also, maybe they should have let River deal with the assassin guy instead of trying to protect her, but that would have made the movie about 20 minutes long.

I wish there was more now.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

me too

also, not that I mind, but maybe you should spoiler tag #2?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

Tagged, although I think I saw some spoilers in here.

My Mood
    Breezy

If so, I missed them. I haven't been around this site much lately.

Are you a fan of Dr. Horrible?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does the "Whedon-verse" now include "The Avengers" or still just Buffy, Spike, Angel and Cordelia????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy

if it's Whedon, I don't see why not.

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea what Dr. Horrible is.

Rewatching Firefly and liking it a lot better this time around, although I still think episode 5 is terrible. But if you've only got one bad episode all season that's still really good. I'm thinking I may have to watch some Buffy, haven't seen any since the 90s.

I kind of want to make myself a Jayne hat.

My Mood
    Breezy

YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT DR> HORRIBLE IS?

:dies:

My Mood
    Breezy

NETFLIX. NAO.

and a Jayne hat would be kickass!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree. Go check it out!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I just decided I NEED a Jayne Cobb hat, but I can't just settle for buying any old one. I need to find The Most Authentic Jayne Cobb Hat Ever Made. Considering I am working off of photos on the internet, this is going to be near impossible. Have any of you bought one?

I'll check out Dr. Horrible sometime this weekend. I looked it up on Wikipedia so I have a vague idea of what it is now.

Country
    Country Flag

I would like everyone's help if you have a minute to aid my obsessive-compulsive shopping. I have narrowed down my Jayne Hat Hunt to four links (to be fair, the last one's page hasn't been updated in a while, so I'm not sure it's still available) and would like opinions on which one looks closest to the real thing. I'm thinking right now this would be a great Halloween costume if I pair it with a Jayne shirt, I've seen some Blue Sun shirts around.

Jayne Hat 1
    Jayne Hat 2
    Jayne Hat 3
    Jayne Hat 4

Or if you've seen a better one around, let me know. Thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast