Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 462 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 11547

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by uturn83 View Post
    Thanks! Forgive the dumb question, but as I look at the different subforums, is there a 'Sell/Trade' subforum? Thanks again!
    Right here in Calvins Corner is a thread for selling:
    Collectible Classifieds

and a wanted thread too:

King Books/Items Wanted

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! Forgive the dumb question, but as I look at the different subforums, is there a 'Sell/Trade' subforum? Thanks again!
    Calvin's Corner is the "collectible" section of the site.

Collectible-Classifieds is where sellers offer their items for sale/trade to other members.

There are various other threads to watch that will list items for sale or post links to sales. For instance if someone is selling a proof they might list it in that thread and nowhere else.

Intriguing-Stephen-King-King-Related-Dark-Tower-Auctions-Sales
    Stephen-King-Proofs
    Stephen-King-promotional-items
    Quirky-King-and-Dark-Tower-Items
    Other-authors-you-collect and its sub-threads.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Guys!
    New to the forum. Seems to be a number of Sarasota signings for Doctor Sleep on ebay, most with the numbered ticket to get the book signed. Thoughts on this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/161289784677...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Thanks
    This is a legit one:
    Stephen King signed Doctor Sleep The Shining Sequel HC book w/signing ticket

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Hey Guys!
    New to the forum. Seems to be a number of Sarasota signings for Doctor Sleep on ebay, most with the numbered ticket to get the book signed. Thoughts on this one? http://www.ebay.com/itm/161289784677...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Thanks
    The "proof" photo signature doesn't match the finished signature.

If for no other reason I wouldn't buy it. The COA is another reason. It adds nothing. It only detracts from value.

TRUE... Serious collectors do not want anything foreign stuck to their books (like Holograms). and COA's are a topic here all the time .. so much fraud among those who use them.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hey Guys!
    Thanks
    This is a legit one:
    David at http://bettsbooks.com has one in a CD slipcase for $195.

Doctor Sleep 1st trade edition flatsigned by Stephen King in Doctor Sleep slipcase from Cemetery Dance (value $35); Fine/Fine

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Tallying my eBay romp through The Stand for the evening, we've got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-STAND-ST...item19ec3f0fb4
    Real 1st. No DJ. Writing in it. From the pics, may have accidentally fallen off the bookshelf and lain in the cat litter box for several months. $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-by...item4d1c906fec
    Described as a 1979 "first print". Not sure if he just screwed up the year or if he thinks that on Jan 1st they start a new round of first prints or something. Either way, it isn't a first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item23397f6191
    A later printing that people have actually bid up to 36 bucks. Nothing fraudulent here, I just wouldn't pay more than reading copy price for a later printing. As far as I'm concerned might as well buy a BCE for 2 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-St...item20e45e8a04
    A real first with a book plate with the owners name on it, AND his name written in ink separately. Maybe his book plates hadn't come in yet when he wrote his name in it, I guess. Plus I find it slightly amusing that he made sure he noted he was an M.D. after his name, like the book cares, or like someone that borrowed his book might forget whom he borrowed it from and think it was a different S. Hofstetter that wasn't an MD. Again, nothing fraudulent here though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item417ffe8487
    Claims it's a first but provides absolute zero pictures or description that would verify it as such. Protip: people want to see the CP, not the title page. Probably a BCE for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item2c8056f276
    Non first for $50. To steve.susan's (0 feedback) credit though, he doesn't say it's a first, but his price sucks for a BCE.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item2a3bffab3e
    $95 BCE. Again, nothing fraudulent, just a stupid price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-by...item3cd682c058
    Later printing with no DJ and priced at $125. Not fraudulent though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-by...item417e8a87ac
    Real 1st, but has some chunks out of the DJ and water staining and is described as like new and priced at $895. Sent this guy a question via eBay "Do new books usually have water staining and messed up DJs? Just curious". Yes, I'm an ass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item518e42caca
    Seen this listing over and over, guy says 1st Stands go from $1200 to 4500.

Well, that's about all I can stand for the night. Made it through half the listings. This is probably the best one so far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-19...item20e3e795cd

Which I've also listed repeatedly, I believe.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A legit signature but a gross misrepresentation of the signed limited Cujo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING...item5d4bd6d33e

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    That is certainly deceptive.

I wrote him:

"
    Dear bid4something,

That isn't a limited edition. It isn't even a first edition. I'll give you a chance to change the listing before reporting it."

His response:

"I will take a look tomorrow. Thank you to let me know

- bid4something"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Mulleins
    That is certainly deceptive.

I wrote him:

"
    Dear bid4something,

That isn't a limited edition. It isn't even a first edition. I'll give you a chance to change the listing before reporting it."

His response:

"I will take a look tomorrow. Thank you to let me know

- bid4something"

You mean because there seems to be no DJ? Because it appears to have the proper 1/1 indicator on the CP. I'm always trying to learn more about collecting so any info would be appreciated.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

From thedarktower.org:

From the listing:

I'm no expert in these things but the address in the first picture for the Viking Press is different then that in the listing.

From The Collector: Look for Viking's original Address on the copyright page and separately on the dustjacket. You should see 625 Madison Avenue on both.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, thanks I didn't notice or go and look at my copy, but the first image looks correct while the second is "off". My thanks for the education.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Ahhh, thanks I didn't notice or go and look at my copy, but the first image looks correct while the second is "off". My thanks for the education.
    No problem. I'm learning as well. It's a good thing that publishers now include, for the most part, printing numbers, otherwise the whole collecting world would be a hell of a lot more confusing.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The catalog is your friend!

Edit:
    There is no such word as catalog. catalogue,catalogue,catalogue.

Gunslinger Apprentice uturn83 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hey Guys!
    Thanks
    This is a legit one:
    Won it! Thanks!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are welcome. Enjoy the site.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The catalog is your friend!

Edit:
    There is no such word as catalog. catalogue,catalogue,catalogue.
    ???

Catalog is the preferred spelling in the US.

Country
    Country Flag

Won it! Thanks!
    You did good. You got a legitimate King signature, with the event ticket, and without the damaging COA sticker. You got a better price than the other sold for too.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Tallying my eBay romp through The Stand for the evening, we've got:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-STAND-ST...item19ec3f0fb4
    Real 1st. No DJ. Writing in it. From the pics, may have accidentally fallen off the bookshelf and lain in the cat litter box for several months. $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-by...item4d1c906fec
    Described as a 1979 "first print". Not sure if he just screwed up the year or if he thinks that on Jan 1st they start a new round of first prints or something. Either way, it isn't a first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item23397f6191
    A later printing that people have actually bid up to 36 bucks. Nothing fraudulent here, I just wouldn't pay more than reading copy price for a later printing. As far as I'm concerned might as well buy a BCE for 2 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-St...item20e45e8a04
    A real first with a book plate with the owners name on it, AND his name written in ink separately. Maybe his book plates hadn't come in yet when he wrote his name in it, I guess. Plus I find it slightly amusing that he made sure he noted he was an M.D. after his name, like the book cares, or like someone that borrowed his book might forget whom he borrowed it from and think it was a different S. Hofstetter that wasn't an MD. Again, nothing fraudulent here though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item417ffe8487
    Claims it's a first but provides absolute zero pictures or description that would verify it as such. Protip: people want to see the CP, not the title page. Probably a BCE for $150.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item2c8056f276
    Non first for $50. To steve.susan's (0 feedback) credit though, he doesn't say it's a first, but his price sucks for a BCE.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item2a3bffab3e
    $95 BCE. Again, nothing fraudulent, just a stupid price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-by...item3cd682c058
    Later printing with no DJ and priced at $125. Not fraudulent though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-by...item417e8a87ac
    Real 1st, but has some chunks out of the DJ and water staining and is described as like new and priced at $895. Sent this guy a question via eBay "Do new books usually have water staining and messed up DJs? Just curious". Yes, I'm an ass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item518e42caca
    Seen this listing over and over, guy says 1st Stands go from $1200 to 4500.

Well, that's about all I can stand for the night. Made it through half the listings. This is probably the best one so far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Stand-19...item20e3e795cd

Which I've also listed repeatedly, I believe.
    WOW. Had no idea it was this bad! Apparently I got a good deal on my 1st/1st last year for $125 at the SC Book Festival. Just be patient--sometime you get lucky!!

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    WOW. Had no idea it was this bad! Apparently I got a good deal on my 1st/1st last year for $125 at the SC Book Festival. Just be patient--sometime you get lucky!!
    Unless your copy is in pretty bad shape, I'd say you got a great deal.

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Look at this beauty signed by "Steph" King.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Everythings-...item4180721146

and its twin...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item41807217b2

Reported both

Gunslinger Apprentice jonahwriter is on a distinguished road jonahwriter's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Does reporting to ebay even work though?

I've reported this lordoftherings77 guy numerous times, he keeps relisting "signed" Stephen King books. He's got 5 more up now again, all fake...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_od...at=0&_from=R40

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonahwriter View Post
    Does reporting to ebay even work though?

I've reported this lordoftherings77 guy numerous times, he keeps relisting "signed" Stephen King books. He's got 5 more up now again, all fake...
    It works, but not well. eBay will contact the seller and ask them to correct/remove the listing. It takes quite a bit to get eBay to remove the listing themselves.

When several people complain about the same item/seller then eBay is a little more motivated to do something about it.

I'll report him too. It might help.

edit: I wrote him and asked him to take them down. I reported all five to eBay as forgeries.

Almost everything he has is "signed." I'm not an expert on all of those signatures, but some of them are obvious forgeries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 462 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 380 ... LastLast