Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Lenny!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post

WOOHOO I GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO GO ALONG WITH MY EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT.
    My very first signed/limited edition Stephen King book will be my favorite Stephen King book.

Thank you Brian and Dan and Mindy and Kate for working on getting this straightened out since yesterday.

WOOHOO!!!!
    No problem Lenny! It's really all been one big mess (thanks hosting company.....).

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

WOOHOO I GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO GO ALONG WITH MY EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT.
    My very first signed/limited edition Stephen King book will be my favorite Stephen King book.

Thank you Brian and Dan and Mindy and Kate for working on getting this straightened out since yesterday.

WOOHOO!!!!
    That's great to hear! Congratulations!
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why don't they sell these as a lottery?, save all the server issues and disgruntled folk who couldn't order because the server was down. Why don't you take orders for a couple of days or whatever, then if there's a thousand names down for the S/L then 800 are picked out of the computer and allocated a copy. Obviously keep fifty or whatever back for long term customers who don't deserve to miss out but overall I think it would be a fairer system then a mad dash first come first served.

After all it's not like the people who can't order on the first day deserve the book any less, maybe they couldn't order in time because of the server issues, or maybe they didn't end up getting the newsletter in time etc, load of possibilities. Has any publisher done this or are they all down to a stampede from the moment the book is announced?.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

So Brian or Dan, how was the decision made to use three different artists for the project?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I prefer the 1986 cover artwork
    I never cared for the US artwork.
    The UK edition is much nicer imo - one of my top-3 favorites ever.
    Maybe even my #1.

sk

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    So Brian or Dan, how was the decision made to use three different artists for the project?
    Yeah Brian this is a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCoffinHunter View Post
    We knew we wanted Glen Orbik from the beginning because he was so great to work with for Blockade Billy. We also wanted a lot of illustrations for the interior, but Glen's schedule was much too packed to do more than the cover. Our next two choices for the interior also had some serious time restrictions due to their busy schedules. We like working with both Erin and Alan a lot, and we knew they could do a great job, so we split the workload between them. They've known each other for a long time and were able to discuss certain decisions -- how does this character look, etc -- and coordinate any elements that might overlap between the color and the B&W. The work is really seamless, so it was a treat to watch it come together...

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian can you tell us how all of this came about? Did you approach King or did he come to you? How long has then been in the works, etc. etc.
    I think we would all like to here the story behind this amazing annoucement.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,

Can you tell us how many color plates were done for the book? Do you have a specific number for the split between the color and pencil pieces?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

more CANIGLIA please....

Brian can you tell us how all of this came about? Did you approach King or did he come to you? How long has then been in the works, etc. etc.
    I think we would all like to here the story behind this amazing annoucement.
    IT has always been Richard's favorite book, and the personal significance to him came up in conversation late last year... along with the realization that this year would mark 25 years since IT was first published. Some ideas were kicked around and the project came together very naturally... and, luckily, very quickly because there wasn't much time for production! We've been burning the midnight oil ever since to make sure we could publish IT this year while not letting up on the other books we're publishing this year.

Brian

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I like the UK artwork too. King, however, is on record as hating it.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was it your birthday yesterday too Mr Freeman???? A belated happy birthday to you

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I like the UK artwork too. King, however, is on record as hating it.
    So much so, that he inscribed his copy to Kirby McCauley, "For Kirby, I hate the cover but I love you" 8/20/86

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I prefer the 1986 cover artwork
    I never cared for the US artwork.
    The UK edition is much nicer imo - one of my top-3 favorites ever.
    Maybe even my #1.

sk

I agree. I, too, much prefer my UK first of "IT" over my US because of the cover art
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Brian,

Can you tell us how many color plates were done for the book? Do you have a specific number for the split between the color and pencil pieces?
    Yep. 6 color plates, each signature sheet has its own color artwork, and there are 23 B&W pieces.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Was it your birthday yesterday too Mr Freeman???? A belated happy birthday to you
    Ha, yes it was... and what a long, crazy day it was!

Brian

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post

Brian
    Hopefully, Mr. Chizmar bought you a beer at least!!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Brian,

Yep. 6 color plates, each signature sheet has its own color artwork, and there are 23 B&W pieces.

Brian
    Nice! Very cool. And Happy belated birthday!!

Brian
    Wow, what a way to spend it. Well, happy birthday anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    more CANIGLIA please....
    Caniglia would have been a good choice. I also would love to have seen what J.K. Potter would have done with this project.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, Happy day late Birthday. Congrats on putting together such a milestone edition of a wonderful book. I have to say that this last year or so..that Cemetary Dance's actions have spoken louder than words...and that is awesome. Appreciate all the responses in the past, and keep up the GREAT WORK.

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

The S/L is now sold out!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Something brought me in here midway through my Maui vacation and I'm glad I came in! I got my S/L ordered last night and confirmation email. Whew!!!! Aloha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast