Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 158 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jacob did mostly "good" deeds, with the exception of being there when Sayid's woman got taken out. A little rude of him me thinks.

Other than that, he seemed like a good guy. Gotta be boring sitting in that foot all day and night, week after week.

I'm sort of down some about winding up with a dead Locke AGAIN. I can only hope there is still some real Locke left in his reanimated corpse clone, and that he overpowers his evil nameless possessor.

I liked the new Jack Bauer super Jack, popping caps in Uncle Rico after he shot Sayid, throwing hydrogen bombs down electro magnetic shafts. About time Jack stopped talking and started doing something.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

but...he wasn't in the foot, he was under the foot. when ben entered, he looked up, and you could clearly see the foot above him.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

What a great episode last night!

Now one question, I'm assuming Christian is similar to how Locke is now. So has someone taken control of his body, and if so who? I was wondering if it could possibly also be that unknown guy at the beginning who is now in Locke.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    Jacob did mostly "good" deeds, with the exception of being there when Sayid's woman got taken out. A little rude of him me thinks.
    I took at as him saving Sayid. If he hadn't stopped Sayid, there's a good chance he would've also been hit. It sucks that Nadia died, but I'd say Jacob had the best intentions in distracting Sayid.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What a great episode last night!

Now one question, I'm assuming Christian is similar to how Locke is now. So has someone taken control of his body, and if so who? I was wondering if it could possibly also be that unknown guy at the beginning who is now in Locke.
    He isn't necessarily in Locke. We see Locke's corpse. Rather, he's taken the shape of Locke. But you are right, it most definitely is the guy from the beginning of the show. If it isn't directly him, then he is at the very least puppeteering whatever or whoever is taking John's form.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I was wondering if it could possibly also be that unknown guy at the beginning who is now in Locke.
    No need to wonder, that's him, and he's earned the appropriate nickname Esau.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by valtr0n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whidden View Post
    I took at as him saving Sayid. If he hadn't stopped Sayid, there's a good chance he would've also been hit. It sucks that Nadia died, but I'd say Jacob had the best intentions in distracting Sayid.
    Jacob seems to be an old testament type god
    he initiated the purge
    so he cant be that benevolent
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's weird that all this really means is that Locke is actually dead.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Double post.

Is there any support for the idea that our "walking Locke" is actually some kind of alternate timeline Locke? The reason I say this is because we know that there can be two physical Locke's in the same time. That was proven by the scene with Richard.

Is it possible that Locke figured out how to do that?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I know what you mean Matt--it didn't hit me until awhile after the show that not only did it mean that someone or something was inhabiting Locke's body, but that our Locke is actually dead.

That beat me up.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless the theory above is true, then we may have our original Locke

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope so. Locke was cheated!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Double post.

Is there any support for the idea that our "walking Locke" is actually some kind of alternate timeline Locke? The reason I say this is because we know that there can be two physical Locke's in the same time. That was proven by the scene with Richard.

Is it possible that Locke figured out how to do that?
    No, I think we were intended to infer that "Faux" Locke is the Man in Black (to quote DocJensen). The MIB is apparently a shapeshifter and I think we can infer that he was Christian, Walt Boone etc, all the "apparition" folks we've seen on the island.

I thought a missed insight was that Richard actually knew where Jacob was. Ben didn't (apparently) and no one else had ever seen Jacob. Therefore, the MIB could have appeared from time to time directly to folks claiming to be or looking like Jacob and furthering his own agenda.

Struck me that Alpert seemed pretty clueless for an age-old "Advisor". Also, there has to be a certain amount of Autonomy associated with the Leader role. Perhaps, Jacob & MIB cannot directly affect choices/decisions but only influence them, as seemed to be the case when MIB got Ben to do his dirty work and Jacob "suggested" Hurley return to the island.

That would pretty much open the way for MIB to be a "Lucifer"-tupe character weaving lie's and deceptions (much as Ben does) on the various "leaders" (Widmore, Ben even Locke) to accomplish their ultimate goals. I think that some sort of age-old struggle was made apparent from the beginning.

That begs the question of when was Jacob actually Jacob, on the island, and not the MIB masquerading as him. Christian telling Locke he "could speak on Jacob's behalf" seems now to clearly be MIB making his moves. The whole "Move the Island" and subsequent Time travel would now seem orchestrated by the MIB. Probably him that showed Ben the Donkey Wheel and how to summon Smokey.

Lastly, I think smokey may be an independent tool or arbitrator on the island able to determine ultimate alignment, administer punishment for sins and protect the "playing field", the island. The exchange between Ben and Faux Locke about his Judgement was odd in that Faux Locke (MIB) didn't already know what exactly had transpired between Smokey and Ben.

Just my two cents
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is a credit to Ben's awesomeness that the only person more manipulative than him is a shapeshifting deity

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

OK, I did notice that Jacob touched every one of the 6, made a point of doing it in fact. I wonder what that was all about. And when did the foot lose the rest of it's body? It was whole when Jacob was sitting there with Esau.
    I can't wait to find out what happened to Claire. And there is another point that I haven't seen mentioned...Christian's body is missing. Locke's was in the crate. What kind of ramifications is that going to have with things??

Dammit, I don't wanna wait 7 months!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

perhaps the reason christians body is missing has something to do with the difference between jacob and his nemesis's powers...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

At the beginning of the episode, when we saw Jacob in white and the other guy in black, did anyone else's mind go the 1st season episode where Locke explains backgammon to Walt?

Why are we calling the guy in black Esau?

I am reminded of the final season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, where the "1st Evil" could take the form of anyone who had died. We have seen Ecko's brother, Christian, Locke, Ana Lucia. Were these all the same entity (MIB)?

Was the cabin that Ilana torched the same cabin Rose and Bernard were living in 30 years earlier?

How in the hell would Rose and Bernard know it was 1977? How were they getting Dharma food? Where were they getting clothes? Seemed like a weak explanation.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't worry about it too much because I am pretty sure we are getting some kind of reboot from what Juliet did at the end. I think someone else pointed out how the ending Lost title was reversed from its normal white on black to black on white and at the end of the promo for next season we see an eye open with its reflection revealing it is looking up at trees like Jack did in the pilot. They will all be alive again but will it be the same crash or another that brings them to the island? And how will it play out this time?

Then again, I may be wrong and the explosion just draws the ones touched to Jacob. Sorry Juliet but Jacob was not in your flashback so in that case you stay dead.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched thie intro on YOUTUBE.

"Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you?"

"One of these days, sooner or later, I am going to find a loophole my friend"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNJyP23e_0&fmt=18&annotation_id=annotatio n_885995&feature=iv"]YouTube - LOST - Season 5 Finale - Opening Scene (Jacob)[/ame]
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Why are we calling the guy in black Esau?
    because of the biblical brothers, jacob and esau? twins? usurped birthright and all that?

On that ominous tract Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden will become famous soon enough Whidden's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watching the you tube intro posted up above, watching Jacob do his thread deal, I really dug that music. It's spooky, creepy and peaceful. Awesome.

Also, I can't help but think of that old Zeppelin tune I like, All of my Love, it's about threads being time. I don't think the tapestry is effecting time literally, I think him doing those threads was like him going around and touching the Losties. He is threading a giant tapestry with all their lives to make some sort of point in a war with the Man in Black.

(I love that Doc Jensen coined that Man in Black, that's just slick!)

All of my Love lyrics by Led Zeppelin

Should I fall out of love, my fire in the light
    To chase
    a feather in the wind
    Within the glow that weaves a cloak of delight
    There moves a thread that has no end.

For many hours and days that pass ever soon
    The tides have caused the flame to dim
    At last the arm is straight, the hand to the loom
    Is this to end or just begin?

chorus: all of my love, all of my love, all of my love to you. (repeat)

The cup is raised, the toast is made yet again
    One voice is clear above the din
    Proud aryan one word, my will to sustain
    For me, the cloth once more to spin

Chorus

Yours is the cloth, mine is the hand that sews time
    His is the force that lies within
    Ours is the fire, all the warmth we can find
    He is a feather in the wind

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay I'm going on record. My prediction concerning the Swan "Incident". It will turn out that Miles was actually correct and the nuke was what happened originally (Just maybe not realized by Chang et al) and that the Swan will still be built but the Losties will end up back in the present ala the Desmond/locke/Ecko hatch incident. Just in time to fulfill some greater purpose of Jacob's.

By the way, anyone notice that there is no wood in the Statues fire that Jacob ends up getting bbq'ed in? Don't what, if any, significance that has.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, who fucking knew that Jacob was Aaron?!

Yeah, not exactly the same, but when I was watching I was kinda like...whoa! Oddly looky likey

Quote Originally Posted by Valtr0n
    Nah man, I'm down with Tippy. I think Jacob engineered it so that Nadia was killed, paving the way for Sayid to return to the island.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    OK, I did notice that Jacob touched every one of the 6, made a point of doing it in fact. I wonder what that was all about.
    Me too. I thought that was very strange. Kate and Sawyer as children, Jack, Sun and Jin pre-island and Sayid pre return. He didn't touch Iliana or Hurley, although he gave Hurley the guitar, which I always presumed to be Charlie's.

I also thought it was weird that fakeLocke gives Ben a knife to kill Jacob, when a knife is the item that boy Locke picks over the compass that so seemed to enrage Alpert.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Was the cabin that Ilana torched the same cabin Rose and Bernard were living in 30 years earlier?
    Awesome shout I hope so, that'd be cool.

Complete bastards though, leaving us on a cliffhanger like that!

Oh and, just incase you didn't know, the latin phrase Richard says in reply to the question "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" Is "he (or the one) who will save us all"...so, did Ben do the right thing? Did it pertain to Jacob?

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Did we also learn that Richard Alpert is the way he is (ageless) becasue Jacob made him that way! Didn't I hear him say that?
    maybe next season we'll learn why.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

the whole thing with the compass made me think of Roland and his quest for the Dark Tower. Did anybody else think of that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 158 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast