Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 254 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm certainly interested to see this world on the big screen. It is an amazing world filled with endless possibilities that are being explored. It sounds like an expansion of the story, which I wasn't expecting, but nonetheless should be fun to see.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    It looks like even some of the sceptics are starting to feel optimistic about the movie. That's pretty cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'd be surprised if they got into "Twinners". Seems to me they already have a full plate.
    On the other hand, it is an easy (plus canon) way to highlight the differences AND similarities between the worlds. Oh yeah...it would also draw Roland into a course of action at least in part because of an extra-personal emotional investment.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not a Lawyer.
    You aren't even a whore anymore!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler curt1521 is on a distinguished road

Leaked Trailer. Not sure if it's legit or not...

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IDK if I can post it here but the trailer leaked online. It pretty much confirms that this is an adaptation in name only. Honestly you could change the character names and remove references to the Tower and I wouldn't even recognize it as DT.

Edit: Seems I was beat to it lol.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The visible green screen says "unofficial," but there's so much here that must at least have been sourced from the original that it seems to be a genuine taste of what's to come. Seems pretty intense.
    You can't be aloof until you advertise.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

"I kill with my heart."

Chills...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by curt1521 View Post
    Leaked Trailer. Not sure if it's legit or not...
    Looks legit and awesome to me!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I'm not a Lawyer.
    You aren't even a whore anymore!
    Sigh, Yep, just a regular old asshole now!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't know about everyone else.... but that looks un-freaking-believable!!!!! I got goosebumps!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it has been pulled.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have so many goosebumps right now. Wowzers.

That shot of Roland reloading and firing the revolvers was awesome. The music, the tone. I need to hear more of McConaughey as MiB to decide whether or not I like him yet.

"I do not aim with my hand... I am with my eye." GAWD DAMN

What was the creature Roland shot in the woods?

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Default Wow

It looks amazing! I don't even care about the changes just hope we get most of the beach through Blaine and I'm good. The Dutch Hill part is a little disappointing since that was such a great part of the book, but it makes sense.

Along the Path of the Beam The Gasherman is on a distinguished road

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good. Right in line with the script I read.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can certainly tell that, if nothing else, I am going to enjoy Elba's interpretation of Roland Deschain. Mid-World looked good. McConaughey did not show as much of Walter as Elba did Roland, but perhaps that was a wise decision.

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

I mean, obviously it's a rough teaser, but I am very much digging what I'm seeing.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A teaser of some sort may be coming soon but the trailer itself will be released around Christmas:

http://collider.com/spider-man-spin-...tower-trailer/
    Finally, one of the other things he said which I think is important is the way director Nikolaj Arcel’s highly anticipated adaptation of Stephen King‘s The Dark Tower series will appeal to both fandom and people that have never heard of it. He said, “It manages that rare feat of being very satisfying for fans because it’s deeply loyal to the underlying material and Stephen King’s mythology, but also, I think, introduces a whole bunch of new fans.” I’m extremely optimistic about this movie just on the casting of Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey alone, and if the film manages to do what Rothman said, the sky’s the limit.

Tom Rothman reveals we’ll get a Dark Tower teaser or a trailer at Christmas.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Gasherman View Post
    ...The Dutch Hill part is a little disappointing since that was such a great part of the book, but it makes sense.
    Not gonna lie, this might be the only that's going to disappoint me.

Was really looking forward to the DH monster

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is it safe to say everyone was very impressed? Did anyone NOT like it? I absolutely loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am with everyone in that it's disappointing that the house is an electronic portal vs the monster BUT I think the rest looks really good.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It'll probably be taken down again soon, but the leaked trailer just popped up again on YouTube:

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I go one night without my phone and this is what I miss.... can't find it now.... crap on a cracker

Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's already gone... Hopefully something official is released soon.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

The cover song in the trailer is just obnoxious takes me out of it completely.
    Plus Roland doesn't have blue eyes anymore.
    It's cool they have the blue/green filter on it though, that's how you know it's serious. lolz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 254 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 218 ... LastLast