Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: tippy4

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: tippy4

Now that I have a couple of decent bookcases, I can finally post some pictures of my collection.

From the top left: (all S/L) Black House, Desperation, From a Buick 8, Skeleton Crew, Insomnia, Dolan's Cadillac (1/250), Dolan's Cadillac (1/1000), Cujo, Christine, Firestarter, Transgression, Borderlands 5, Quietly Now, Night Visions 5, Gauntlet 2, Book of the Dead, Prime Evil (Bantam), Prime Evil (Grant).

From The bottom left: (the first ten are UK S/Ls) Rose Madder, Insomnia, Wizard & Glass, Bag of Bones, The Colorado Kid (Miller), The Colorado Kid (Potter), The Colorado Kid (Chadbourne), Dandelion Wine, Postscripts 10 (1/300), Postscripts 10 (1/200), (The next ten are signed US trades) Bag of Bones, Wolves of the Calla, From a Buick 8, The Dark Tower 7, Faithful, Cell, Lisey's Story, Duma Key, Just after Sunset, Cycle of the Werewolf (all 1st editions with the exception of Wolves of the Calla).

Here is a piece of my collection that took me a while to put together that I don't think I have ever shown. All five of the King signed books that The Haven Foundation sold via their website. I have the original receipts from The Haven Foundation for each one.

Signed trade editions of Firestarter, Everything's Eventual, From a Buick 8, Four Past Midnight, Insomnia, On Writing, Misery, The Dark Half, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Desperation, A Life in the Cinema (S/L), The Best American Short Stories 2007, Blaze (one of the most prized items of my collection.....thanks Matt).

All on this shelf are S/Ls unless otherwise noted: LSOE, DT2, DT3, DT4, DT5, DT6, DT7, He is Legend, The House Next Door, Fear Itself, Whispers, Dystopia, The Sins of the Fathers, The Killer Inside me, Carrie (signed trade later printing, Gerald's Game (signed trade), Frankenstein.

Nine books signed by Dean Koontz, The Ideal Genuine Man (unsigned), The Best of CD (unsigned), Moby Dick (unsigned), The Poet S/L (signed by Michael Connely), Heart Shaped Box (signed by Joe Hill), Dark Dreamers S/L, Great Ghost Stories (lettered), Dark Forcers S/L, The Road to the Dark Tower S/L, Stephen King Uncollected Unpublished.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on receiving your bookcases, Rick. Great collection, thanks for posting these photos. I'd love to have S/Ls of Cujo, Christine, and Firestarter.

I hope at some point you post photos of the whole bookcase(s).

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I have two cases now, but I completely filled them and need a third. We are in the middle of a small remodel, so for now, I have my entertainment center sandwiched between my two cases. My goal is to move out the entertainment center and put the third case in it's place.

Last edited by tippy4; 05-14-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Rick! So many signed ediitons! WOW!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really cool bookcase and contents, Rick! That's pretty amazing that you were able to get 5/5 of the signed Haven books. I remember when they put Black House up for sale, I tried to get one but they went within minutes.

By the way, what is the length of the bookcase?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

34" wide x 11" deep x 82" tall.

Regarding the Haven books, I got one direct from Haven, my sister got one for me, and the other three I bought from other collectors or made trades.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff, Rick! Do you have a separate bookcase for all the Wastelands in waiting?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those Hale bookcases sure are beautiful.

Is the small remodel related to the pending small addition to your family?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Why as a matter of fact it is.

I am pretty happy with the Hale cases.

There are a few books that will not fit like My Pretty Pony, SoD, Nightmares in the Sky.

Eyes of the Dragon fits laying down.

Have not tried either of the Centipede Salem's Lots yet.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First question, where did you get those BEAUTIFUL bookcases?

Second, where did you get a signed The Dark Half?

LOVE the collection Rick. Finally the third question, which one is your jewel?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Hale Book Cases From Blue Hen
    Go to the BOOKCASES thread in this forum, and go back about a year. There is a lot of information about these cases there. And if you decide you want to place an order, don't be afraid to ask for a discount. They knocked a few bucks off for me...not much...but something is better than nothing.

I got the the signed Dark Half on ebay.

Hmmmm......tough call on what my "jewel" is. Here are some contenders for that title:

Signed Blaze
    I have only seen one other signed copy.
    I worked a deal for Matt to get it signed for me at The Three Kings event.

S/L DT Set
    I bought the DT4 from BadMoon Books, then DT5-7 direct from Grant.
    I found the matching DT1 and DT3 on ebay.

The Haven Foundation Collection
    It was tough to get one of these books from Haven.
    I was amazed that both I and my sister were able to get one.
    Took quite a few deals on my part to get the other three.

The Waste Lands with Dameron Remarque
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The bookcases are beautiful. Great collection!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Another shelf......

Unsigned trade editions of: On Writing, Black House, From a Buick 8, Faithful, Cell, Lisey's Story, Duma Key, Under the Dome.

Gift editions of The Talisman, Insomnia, The Little Sisters of Eluria, Talisman/Black House, From a Buick 8, Desperation, and an unsigned limited edition Skeleton Crew.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Unsigned limited edition Skeleton Crew? What's the story there?

John F. Kennedy sofaki is on a distinguished road sofaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    According to THIS there are 25 unsigned Publisher Copies. I picked this up from Wiz earlier this year. I kind of consider it a "gift edition" .
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    According to THIS there are 25 unsigned Publisher Copies. I picked this up from Wiz earlier this year. I kind of consider it a "gift edition" .
    I hadn't caught that before. Thanks. Does your copy of have all the requisite affixed pictures and poster?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

No affixed picture on the slipcase and no poster.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thus it is likely the 1/~25 thought to exist. Any signatures?

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope....no signatures.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice Collection, Tippy!!!!

Love those "Barrister Cases", my favorite!!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lovbe your collection, Tippy!

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very NICE collection

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I love your beautiful deep color of the bookshelves. The hue looks so rich. Great collection, Tippy!.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast