Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 430 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 417 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,925 of 10743

Thread: Introduce yourself

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't hesitate to resurrect old threads! We've had tons of discussions over the years, and even though some threads are dormant, they are all alive! post everywhere!

P.S. Everyone who loves Wolves of the Calla is bears' personal friend

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi John. Love your photo..."No one understands us crabby people." Makes me grin. But don't worry, I'll fall back into crabby shortly.

Traveler gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy has a spectacular aura about gottaluvoy's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

...edited out by re-poster, gottaluvoy.....
    Thank you! I knew a Paiute Shaman (?) named Father Bearsheart. He lived up to his name. I've never met another person with such a gigantic heart. Also very patient, very laid back....until you messed with his cubs or those he thought needed protection. Wonderful man. I've always been drawn to bears. Bear hug for the warm welcome. And yes, I adore Wolves of the Calla. It's the first one I pick if I'm reading them in random order.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, John! It's good to find a place I can palaver about my all-time favorite book series! Oh, and not have people think to find a straightjacket.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvoy View Post
    Thanks, John! It's good to find a place I can palaver about my all-time favorite book series! Oh, and not have people think to find a straightjacket.
    Don't forget to visit the Haven Fund. Always a fun and unique item available for auction.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rqued-Duma-Key
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Superfly will become famous soon enough Superfly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The facts:

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

I can not say exactly. When I was 15 years old i have read my first book by
    Stephen King. Night Shift. Then IT, then...but The Gunslinger was one of the first Stephen King books that i have read.

Who is your favorite character?

Roland, of course -)

What is your favorite book?

IT

How old are you?

38 (become today)

Where are you from?

Austria

do you have a nickname?

Max (but Daniel preferred)

how did you find this site?

During my research about Shinning S/L

I read already longer in the forum. The forum and its members are is really great and offers an incredible amount of information. I am glad to have now also logged. Have almost read all the books of King. My favorites are IT, The Stand, Shinning, Needful Thing, The Dark Tower and Salemīs Lot.

Long days and pleasant nights,
    Daniel

ps. Please forgive me my "bumpy" English.

pps. a nice part of my collection

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! thats what I call really "Walking the path of the Beam!" - Nice footwear, I'm really hoping there is a cool story behind these babies.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

...edited out by re-poster, gottaluvoy.....
    Thank you! I knew a Paiute Shaman (?) named Father Bearsheart. He lived up to his name. I've never met another person with such a gigantic heart. Also very patient, very laid back....until you messed with his cubs or those he thought needed protection. Wonderful man. I've always been drawn to bears. Bear hug for the warm welcome. And yes, I adore Wolves of the Calla. It's the first one I pick if I'm reading them in random order.

Gunslinger Apprentice Superfly will become famous soon enough Superfly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Wow! thats what I call really "Walking the path of the Beam!" - Nice footwear, I'm really hoping there is a cool story behind these babies.
    sure -)

I got the shoes from friends for my 30th birthday. The shoes are handmade. Because my friends know that I am a big Dark-Tower-Fan the shoes have the KA-Symbol. Something else special about the shoes: The shoemaker submitted the shoes at the international shoemakers-competition - gold medal!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Daniel! Please feel free to post often!

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    sure -)

I got the shoes from friends for my 30th birthday. The shoes are handmade. Because my friends know that I am a big Dark-Tower-Fan the shoes have the KA-Symbol. Something else special about the shoes: The shoemaker submitted the shoes at the international shoemakers-competition - gold medal!
    Nice! (See Jerome, now thats what decent footwear is SUPPOSED to look like )
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Mr. Snuka!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Hello all...
    Seems to be regular QA to introduce yourself, so here goes:

Never actually ready it. yet.

John Coffey

From SK, either The Green Mile or The Shining

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    UK

do you have a nickname?
    Not that I know of!

I was actually searching for Neil Gaiman collector Forums and stumbled upon it. I have been lurking for a few weeks now.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to a new UK member!

Lots to see here, and I highly recommend you get that Dark Tower series read!, You won't regret it

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    The facts:

I can not say exactly. When I was 15 years old i have read my first book by
    Stephen King. Night Shift. Then IT, then...but The Gunslinger was one of the first Stephen King books that i have read.

Roland, of course -)

IT

How old are you?

38 (become today)

Where are you from?

Austria

do you have a nickname?

Max (but Daniel preferred)

During my research about Shinning S/L

I read already longer in the forum. The forum and its members are is really great and offers an incredible amount of information. I am glad to have now also logged. Have almost read all the books of King. My favorites are IT, The Stand, Shinning, Needful Thing, The Dark Tower and Salemīs Lot.

Long days and pleasant nights,
    Daniel

ps. Please forgive me my "bumpy" English.

pps. a nice part of my collection

Herzlich willkommen !!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello All. Glad to be on board and just wanted to introduce myself

How did you discover the Dark Tower? I actually read the Gunslinger in High School. King was my mothers favorite artist. I will admit that I have not read the entire series though. I made it through the Drawing of the Three and have yet to revisit the series. It is on my list though!

Who is your favorite charcter? I tend to read more fantasy than horror. I can't commit to a favorite Stephen King character yet because I still have much to read. Can I say Charlie Manx though? Loved that creepy bastard!

What is your favorite book? Different Seasons! I know it's his shorts but I read and fell in love with Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption well before it was released as a movie. Loved all four shorts in that book.

How old are you? 34

Where are you from? Phoenix, AZ

do you have a nickname? Aronstg will be fine

how did you find this site? I love remarqued books. They are my collection weakness and I have started to collect some Stephen King. I only own one of his signed books so far. I was searching for remarqued stephen king books and stumbled upon this board. I think I will learn a lot from you all!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw those both on Ebay before joining. I also saw the remarqued Desperation. Unfortunately they are way beyond my means but I still love looking at them! Thanks for the heads up. It is my understanding that I can donate 10 to the paypal link above and get an entry into an end of the year drawing? Is there more information on that?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    I saw those both on Ebay before joining. I also saw the remarqued Desperation. Unfortunately they are way beyond my means but I still love looking at them! Thanks for the heads up. It is my understanding that I can donate 10 to the paypal link above and get an entry into an end of the year drawing? Is there more information on that?
    Yes. And yes.
    2014 Fundraiser Grand Prize (King Inscribed Book) and Rules Announcement

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Aronstg!

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Yes. And yes.
    2014 Fundraiser Grand Prize (King Inscribed Book) and Rules Announcement

Very smooth, RF!! I think we will keep you around!!
    Spoiler:
    LOL J/K Please do not "Ban" me!! LOL

If you love remarques, Tomas has a place to view a good many of them and he is also a big Haven Fund supporter. Here's a link for you...

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...remarques.html

Also, there are more "Remarques" to come for the Haven Fund!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 430 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 327 367 417 ... LastLast