Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 746 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 246 646 696 736 744 745 746 747 748 756 796 846 1246 ... LastLast
Results 18,626 to 18,650 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Mike! How did you find out which books were published by Grant over the years? Do you have a complete list of their portfolio or are you 'discovering' new titles as you go?

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Trying to decide if I want to take the unused DJ out of the tube and put it on the book. I think I probably will, but haven't decided for sure yet:

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, there's a Grant book I do not have. I order new dust jackets from Grant fairly often, and I love putting new jackets on my books. However, I have screwed up a couple through over-zealous folding. No pressure though.

I recently read a book called "Over My Shoulder: Reflections on a Science Fiction Era" by Lloyd Arthur Eshbach (LINK). It is a history of specialty Sci-Fi and Fantasy book publishers between the 1940s and early 1980s. There is an entire chapter devoted to Donald M. Grant, which explains the various imprints he founded or co-founded (Grant-Hadley, Buffalo Books and GHE, Grandon, Donald M. Grant, Centaur Press, and Macabre House) and contains a bibliography through 1981 or so. Interestingly, the book ends around that same time, and therefore makes no reference to "the most important event in small press history" (or however The Gunslinger was advertised). It's undeniable that the Dark Tower was what introduced me to DMG, but I'm more interested now in the fact that I can study about 70 years of local history (I'm a Bostonian, but Rhode Island and New Hampshire are close enough to be "local") through the prism of something I am really interested in (books in general, scifi specifically).

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Last week I got this item in from eBay, I have never seen this artwork before on a hardcover. I only know about the small UK Futura paperbacks. It's a UK MacDonald hardcover, published in 1992, no numberline. Does anyone know if there are more of these hardcovers in these series? Looks nice together

thats a real nice edition , i would be interested in getting more info also!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all... supernice new stuff.

I still must post pics from my old stuff... but i just become something special....
    Think the first DinA4 orignal drawing from an well known international Stephen King Illustrator.
    When i have a frame for the drawing i post some pics.....

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Last week I got this item in from eBay, I have never seen this artwork before on a hardcover. I only know about the small UK Futura paperbacks. It's a UK MacDonald hardcover, published in 1992, no numberline. Does anyone know if there are more of these hardcovers in these series? Looks nice together

I have Different Seasons and Danse Macabre in this series of hardback reissues. I bought them in 1991-1992. I don't think many were produced.

Jon

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I, too, have Danse Macabre. This is the only one I have like this. I was told, like Jon just said, that it was a pretty low print run.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I, too, have Danse Macabre. This is the only one I have like this. I was told, like Jon just said, that it was a pretty low print run.

I love it to be honest...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

I love it to be honest...
    And I think that this copy explains where the french title comes from since this is the translation of the subtitle : anatomy of the horror
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

MacDonald and Futura are part of the same company. They produced a few King books as joint ventures. The Dead Zone, Firestarter and Danse Macabre spring to mind.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot guys on the MacDonald hardcovers info! Seems I got a new collecting goal
    If someone has the ISBN for the other books, that would be great!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot guys on the MacDonald hardcovers info! Seems I got a new collecting goal
    Different Seasons 1991 ISBN 0-356-08678-X £13.95
    Danse Macabre 1992 ISBN 0-356-20742-0 £13.99

Hope this helps
    Jon

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Jon!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have Different Seasons in this cover...

Here is the C/P...

My copy is in reasonable shape, I'd say VG+/NF DJ and the book is VG+. The only problem with the book is that it has been widely opened at about page 30 and has caused the binding to 'split'. It could probably be repaired but probably not worth it for the value of the book.
    If any one wants this, PM me - I only keep 1st editions in my collection. (I can send more photos on request)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Received some items this week. Here's the first one Night Shift First Edition

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a beautiful Night Shift. Congrats.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!! Very nice edition!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Guys! Book seems to be in Fine, Dust Jacket unclipped, seems VG+ only noticeable blemish really is next to drip of blood on front

Closet Flipper Frankie has a spectacular aura about Frankie has a spectacular aura about

Very nice Night Shift!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jealous of that Night Shift! It's in great shape!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thats a nice nightshift - i know thats hart to get a nice copy!
    Congrats!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a beautiful copy! Congratulations!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Thanks Guys! Book seems to be in Fine, Dust Jacket unclipped, seems VG+ only noticeable blemish really is next to drip of blood on front
    Congrats!! You need a "Dolso" case for that bad boy!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. Congrats on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Congrats!! You need a "Dolso" case for that bad boy!! LOL

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item20e4f167d6

Is this the same one for sale again?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 746 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 246 646 696 736 744 745 746 747 748 756 796 846 1246 ... LastLast