Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 736 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 1236 ... LastLast
Results 18,376 to 18,400 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Damn you, Surly! I mean: congrats

(I'm also looking for 1st ed. paperbacks and I have a bunch of them, all in great condition, but Firestarter keeps eluding me...)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    i did.
    black cover, full number line, american edition with "From the author of The Dead Zone" on the cover. not bad condition all things considered. picked it up for $3.99 CDN - what is that, like 3 cents in american dollars? i was pretty happy. it was the same place i found 'SALEM'S LOT the week before.
    Congratulations! A GREAT find.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    while i wait for a few bigger fish, i've turned my attentions to see if i can build a set of 1st edition paperbacks. the flash makes them look worse than they are, but in this case its been more about the hunt than the condition anyhow and i've been having a lot of fun looking.

*edit* well, i can't get the picture to show, but so far i found 'SALEM'S LOT, THE STAND, THE DEAD ZONE and FIRESTARTER.
    You have the photo restricted/private. You can link the page but not the pic. I believe that could be remedied in your Flickr settings.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1st Print !! I am so happy been waiting for this one Thanks tippy4 !!! (Best packaging!!)

Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the 1st Gunslinger! Looks great.

I hear that Tippy fella's packaging is bomb proof.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats, getting a book you've wanted for awhile is always exciting! Rick is great a packaging the books!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I woke upto this on the table this morning with an email About Robert McGinnis doing a remarque in my lettered Joyland asking me to specify if I want Robert to do a certain scene or to let him decide. My wife & son did a great job on Birthday this year. She said "Let me guess you want another book For your birthday"I told her that would be wonderful and I'd be happy with anyone but what a great job she did!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I woke upto this on the table this morning with an email About Robert McGinnis doing a remarque in my lettered Joyland asking me to specify if I want Robert to do a certain scene or to let him decide. My wife & son did a great job on Birthday this year. She said "Let me guess you want another book For your birthday"I told her that would be wonderful and I'd be happy with anyone but what a great job she did!
    You are a lucky person to have such a great and love family !

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hold onto your wife, what a gal!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Thanks for the kind comments, I was pretty surprised!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! That is an awesome gift.

Thanks for the kind comments, I was pretty surprised!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I got this from the Hero Complex show. I dig it.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I got this from the Hero Complex show. I dig it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Very cool!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on that Gunslinger Citizen, very nice; ditto for the IT and this freaky King drawing.

My latest isn't a King, but is something I've wanted for awhile. I collect Band of Brothers-related stuff, mostly prints and some artifacts. I know the good folks at Valor Studios, who have been working with a lot of the surviving BoB vets for many years and who always coordinate some really nice items. This year, for the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge, they've started off with a special edition signed Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. They've been working this for a long time specifically for release this year, and as a result many of the vets have passed on since signing. I picked up a 1/50 signed by 10 vets (they also did a 100 signed by 8, 130 signed by 6, and a Bookplate Edition signed by 1 to 3). Of the ten signers, six have since passed away. If you've watched Band of Brothers, you'll probably recognize the names ... Buck Compton, Babe Hefron, Wild Bill Guarnere, Earl McClung, Forrest Guth, and Clancy Lyall. The survivors are Don Malarkey, Ed Tipper, Brad Freeman, and Rod Strohl.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

That is a very nice piece of history you have there George, Congrats!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for showing that book, George. I just ordered one of the remaining 6 signature books. I had thought about buying a copy of this other edition - http://www.genesis-publications.com/...-company-book/, but the one from Valor Studios was a bit more in my price range.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That Genesis Deluxe Edition is pretty nice, but yeah, at 500 pounds ... way pricey. The book is nice, but its really the signatures that make it special. I passed on an original Ambrose BoB signed by 30+ awhile back, I think it went for around $1K. I believe I've got one print with 14 signatures, but still missing Dick Winters and Frank Perconte. All the Dick Winters-signed prints are at least $1K.

Congrats on getting your copy, you'll like it. It may have a ding, as they advertised the books have been making the rounds for awhile ... one of my signers passed away in 2009 . Adam and Karen Makos, who run Valor, are great to work with. Adam is an author as well. He wrote "A Higher Call" which was on,the best seller list last year.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone else is interested, I just checked http://www.valorstudios.com and they're showing just 20 of the 6-signature editions remaining for sale; the 10 and 8 signature are sold out. They announced the book March 27th, so have sold 260/280 in nine days. Price on the 6-signature is $175. They also have some other books as well as prints and a few other items; good stuff if you're interested in WWII history.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King - Carrie
    Publisher Schneekluth 1977 German First

To find one of them for small money was a nice surprise.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Congrats on that Gunslinger Citizen, very nice; ditto for the IT and this freaky King drawing.

My latest isn't a King, but is something I've wanted for awhile. I collect Band of Brothers-related stuff, mostly prints and some artifacts. I know the good folks at Valor Studios, who have been working with a lot of the surviving BoB vets for many years and who always coordinate some really nice items. This year, for the 70th Anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge, they've started off with a special edition signed Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose. They've been working this for a long time specifically for release this year, and as a result many of the vets have passed on since signing. I picked up a 1/50 signed by 10 vets (they also did a 100 signed by 8, 130 signed by 6, and a Bookplate Edition signed by 1 to 3). Of the ten signers, six have since passed away. If you've watched Band of Brothers, you'll probably recognize the names ... Buck Compton, Babe Hefron, Wild Bill Guarnere, Earl McClung, Forrest Guth, and Clancy Lyall. The survivors are Don Malarkey, Ed Tipper, Brad Freeman, and Rod Strohl.

Awesome!! Lest we forget.... My Father in law was in the Pacific theater. Will not talk about it at all, but BoB is in his words a "Great Depiction".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

Somewhere I have a first edition of BoB signed by Dick Winters, who used to be my neighbor. Hmmm...perhaps I should find it now that he's passed.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default THE FIRST CONFESSOR

Terry Goodkind's THE FIRST CONFESSOR Deluxe/Signed limited to 300 copies. Only offered in two formats, EBOOK and the signed/deluxe. No regular softcover or hardcover exists.......... now tell me that the Stephen King collecting world wouldn't go ape-shit if Sai King did something like this.

G

BTW bottom right in the traycase is a 900+GB custom-made external harddrive that has the Ebook, short films, additionl artwork, and other goods.

"Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Terry Goodkind's THE FIRST CONFESSOR Deluxe/Signed limited to 300 copies. Only offered in two formats, EBOOK and the signed/deluxe. No regular softcover or hardcover exists.......... now tell me that the Stephen King collecting world wouldn't go ape-shit if Sai King did something like this.

G

BTW bottom right in the traycase is a 900+GB custom-made external harddrive that has the Ebook, short films, additionl artwork, and other goods.

That's a pretty sweet set. How long before someone accidentally erases the hard drive?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"No Mr Bond. I expect you to read..."

Awesome set
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 736 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 236 636 686 726 734 735 736 737 738 746 786 836 1236 ... LastLast