Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 996 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 496 896 946 986 994 995 996 997 998 1006 1046 1096 ... LastLast
Results 24,876 to 24,900 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks nice and some sort of fanzine?
    Nice grab!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to everyone for their new toys!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some weeks ago, i get from Vinny Chong some GREAT remarques,
    this is the first one.

From the new HC DT series from Poland

Stephen King - DT1 - ROLAND
    signed and remarqued from VINCENT CHONG

Vincent Chong HP
    https://vincentchongart.wordpress.co...-tower-series/

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Frank: congratulations!!

sk

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank
    very nice! Got the package yesterday -thanks again!
    Also for the great "Leseprobe"!

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got off my lazy ass and took some pics of my newest stuff....

Creepshow Tee

The Stephen King Companion signed

Childe Roland Tee

This tee shirt came from TeeSpring.com and is really nice. I have another tee coming from them that's pretty cool in the same vein that I'll post up when I get it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Live the Roland remarque from Vinny!

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Brand new Gunslinger (2nd ed.). I just took it out of the wrap. It was listed as mint, no damage, and new. It was new and in fine condition aside from a dent to the top spine-side corner. It was hard to see in the wrap, so it's possible the seller didn't know. Can I fix it (there is no damage to the book itself)? Should I ask for a partial refund?

"No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Since you took it out of the wrap i doubt the seller would offer a partial refund.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Once the shrink-wrap has been removed, the seller has no way of knowing if the condition had changed. That's how I would look at it. I have a first edition still in shrink-wrap, and if I were to sell it, I would not offer any refund unless the book were returned in the same condition.

My Mood
    Relaxed

What if I have pictures of it damaged IN the shrinkwrap? Though I don't really want to return it if someone knows a good way of flattening out the DJ. It is in amazing condition otherwise

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately the paper of the jacked doesn't make it easy to remove such creases - i have on myself and try to flatten it out, but it will never go away fully.

Once bought a stand alone cover, and this had some creases to - no chance to remove them.

I agree to the others, if your removed the shrink-wrap , its hard to argue , but try. Maybe the seller agrees to you. Even if i dont expect it, its always better to ask then not to ask at all.
    Otherwise its like you said, its a fantastic book and in great condition, so if you flatten it a little and put it in a mylar cover it might even not be seeable anymore.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    What if I have pictures of it damaged IN the shrinkwrap? Though I don't really want to return it if someone knows a good way of flattening out the DJ. It is in amazing condition otherwise
    If i may ask, why did you open it, i you saw it before ?
    No intend to sound sarcastic, but if you see some damages you did not expect - i would not open it, but return it directly.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think you can get most of what you see well minimized, and with the Brodart will be hard to tell. I think you have a little wiggle room to ask for a partial refund if the description was As New. The damage would have been clear in person though not visible on the picture, so the description wasn't quite accurate. I'd be polite about it, but I think you were right to take off the wrap for this seller to check for other condition issues. As many had already said, it can't be guaranteed to be the original wrap and it could be used to hide other problems with the book if it wasn't removed.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

whilst I disagree in principle that removing the shrink wrap forfeits any rights to a refund (you have zero rights to a partial refund by the way, thats just negotiation with the buyer, he is only required to refund) - in this case I think removing it knowing there was a possibility of damage has made your case difficult to argue. Even if you have pictures before the removal, as the seller I would question why you would remove it, as in their eyes you have potentially reduced it's selling value. YOU may be unhappy with a small crease, but many others would accept it.

Unless you paid a ridiculous amount of money to get a perfect copy I would just put it on my shelf and be happy.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Put a broadart cover on it and you may not even see the slight ding.
    As mentioned, unless it was listed as perfect and you are seeking to return it for a full refund, just enjoy the book.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Brand new Gunslinger (2nd ed.). I just took it out of the wrap. It was listed as mint, no damage, and new. It was new and in fine condition aside from a dent to the top spine-side corner. It was hard to see in the wrap, so it's possible the seller didn't know. Can I fix it (there is no damage to the book itself)? Should I ask for a partial refund?
    You can obtain a full refund through eBay buyer protection even if the seller disagrees. You can get a partial refund only at the discretion of the seller. I don't see any harm in asking politely.

There are ways to flatten creased paper. Heat, pressure, controlled humidity and time will help. You do have to be careful to avoid damaging it further though.

Spoiler:
    Don't try this on an expensive (Gunslinger) dustjacket for your first effort; Place a clean paper on a hard surface. Place the dustjacket face down on the paper. Cover the dustjacket with a clean thin cloth. Using a clean steam iron you can carefully iron the affect area. The trick is to use enough heat and moisture to allow the fibers to relax. The problem of course is overdoing it and causing more damage. Once ironed then place the dustjacket in a book press or stack heavy books on top.

Probably better to put the Brodart on it and be happy.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Relaxed

Well when I buy any expensive book I take pictures of it immediately upon receiving it; as a safety measure for damages. I thought the top corner looked dinged, but the listing specifically said no corner bumps, and it was hard to tell for sure through the wrap. I removed the wrap and it was obviously a dent. When I look back at the wrapped photos, having already seen the dent, I can tell, but I can see how the seller may have overlooked the damage through the wrap.

EDIT: I asked the seller for a reasonable 25$ refund, just for me having to deal with the dent, and they immediately accepted. That brings the cost of the book down to 300$, and considering it's mint (other than the dent), I think I can live with that.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well when I buy any expensive book I take pictures of it immediately upon receiving it; as a safety measure for damages. I thought the top corner looked dinged, but the listing specifically said no corner bumps, and it was hard to tell for sure through the wrap. I removed the wrap and it was obviously a dent. When I look back at the wrapped photos, having already seen the dent, I can tell, but I can see how the seller may have overlooked the damage through the wrap.

EDIT: I asked the seller for a reasonable 25$ refund, just for me having to deal with the dent, and they immediately accepted. That brings the cost of the book down to 300$, and considering it's mint (other than the dent), I think I can live with that.

It never hurts to try and it worked!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Congratulations!

I've just received this piece. It includes a letter by Stephen King:
    Nice piece, Ari! I thought I had never seen it before but I did find a copy in my collection. I bought it from Rocky Wood in 2011. I'm pretty sure I have never seen another. I don't know much about it. Do you think it was a one-shot magazine?
    Thank you!

I've been searching a little bit about it and it seems there's no info. I took a shot at the item since I didn't have info about it and I didn't know if it was the one that had King's letter. I'll keep searching to find out if there are more numbers.

Jeremy, yes, it looks like a fanzine. Nevertheless, it's not bad production.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I haven't had many new additions to my collection lately because I have been saving up for this new PnJ

I am still living near Chicago, but should be moving to Austin area in early January.

Edit: can anyone see the picture? I can't, I've done this before, not sure what I did wrong this time.
    Edit#2: nevermind figured it out.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Well I haven't had many new additions to my collection lately because I have been saving up for this new PnJ

I am still living near Chicago, but should be moving to Austin area in early January.

Edit: can anyone see the picture? I can't, I've done this before, not sure what I did wrong this time.
    Edit#2: nevermind figured it out.
    I'm jealous Very nice!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats !! show us the library !!!!

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a couple of arrivals today.

First, The Bachman Books 1st/1st. I was looking for this one for a good 6 months to no avail, or at least nothing at a reasonable price. A first print of this thing seems to come up next to never other than people wanting $300+ for it. Finally this one came up for a straight auction and I thought I would be able to get it for what I thought it was supposed to be worth, around $150 or so. That didn't happen! I ended up paying $225 for it, but I was determined to get it since it seem like they just don't come up much. It isn't in Fine condition, but not too bad for this book from what I have seen.

Then, I received my The Waste Lands S/L courtesy of skyofcrack. 2nd of the 3 Dark Tower s/l I have added recently. Should have DT4 soon!

I noticed the jacket had only the trade edition price. I assume this was normal for the s/l of The Waste Lands? Please tell me it is!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 996 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 496 896 946 986 994 995 996 997 998 1006 1046 1096 ... LastLast