Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for discussing your experience(s), Bad Penny. Glad to hear differing perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm not even getting close to this debate. I have too many friends in the foray, but I'm a "Yankee Trader" and love to dicker, to a point. I use different method's but have always loved this story by Clifford Simak:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Front_Yard

And if it gets a few of you folks to read it well, that's the point of this post!!!!!
    If you like that story so much, you should get a hard copy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Thanks for discussing your experience(s), Bad Penny. Glad to hear differing perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm not even getting close to this debate. I have too many friends in the foray, but I'm a "Yankee Trader" and love to dicker, to a point. I use different method's but have always loved this story by Clifford Simak:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Front_Yard

And if it gets a few of you folks to read it well, that's the point of this post!!!!!
    If you like that story so much, you should get a hard copy.
    I now have several and partially, in thanks to you, my friend!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This seller want us to buy a SIGNED copy of Stephen King's "Cell" WITHOUT showing the author's signature.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-by-Step...item19d56f5851

I asked him to show up the sig. He told me to give him my email which I did (my fault) but even then he didn't deliver the sig. I asked AGAIN - now he doesn't respond. The copy is still there. BE CAREFUL!
    I would suggest the dear members of this site TO STEER AWAY from this seller unless he proves more responsibility to us.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, there's definitely plenty of those sellers out there. A few weeks back, I got the same lack of response from 'grayingchessboard'. He told me the pics were on their way, but when I said I never got them, I never heard another word from the seller.

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian
    Put down a list or open a fold in your pc of all these crooks so you can look there before ordering on eBay or AbeBooks.
    I have done that and it was a great help to warn another member to steer away from a lousy seller on eBay. We tend to forget in the long run their names so it helps us a lot.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is anyone seeking the elusive Gabriel Diaz?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is anyone seeking the elusive Gabriel Diaz?

NO

I would like to meet him, with a massiv stick.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably all who paid and didn't get the money or the items would gladly get in touch with him if that'd be possible.
    Who knows...maybe the problem works out now...with JReitan it worked for some people as far as I know.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Probably all who paid and didn't get the money or the items would gladly get in touch with him if that'd be possible.
    Who knows...maybe the problem works out now...with JReitan it worked for some people as far as I know.
    In my case I can say that Jonathan went way above and beyond in making things right on the one issue we had. As a bonus I gained a friend. He's really a very nice guy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To whom it may concern,

Please, avoid me like the plague for buying items!!! I need to stop and the 2013 HF raiser is fast approaching!!!! This means you, AKC!!! LOL LOL LOL

God, this really is an "Obsession"!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Babe Ruth View Post
    To whom it may concern,

Please, avoid me like the plague for buying items!!! I need to stop and the 2013 HF raiser is fast approaching!!!! This means you, AKC!!! LOL LOL LOL

More like an addiction. I've hit rock bottom but I'm still perusing Ebay, ABE, Various Websites, and of course this one looking for that next hit of "book".

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Babe Ruth View Post
    To whom it may concern,

More like an addiction. I've hit rock bottom but I'm still perusing Ebay, ABE, Various Websites, and of course this one looking for that next hit of "book".
    My problem is I virtually completed my collection sometime ago!! However, I am hooked on "Upgrades"!!!!! How "Matrix Reloaded" of me!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Ah, but Bill... your downgraded books are our upgraded books... it's a win-win!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Ah, but Bill... your downgraded books are our upgraded books... it's a win-win!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here have trouble with Overlook Connection being slow to deliver an order?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone here have trouble with Overlook Connection being slow to deliver an order?
    Affirmative. Very slow to respond to emails, slower to ship, slowest to issue a refund.

He does come through in the end though so you're golden if you don't mind the wait.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Many, many times over the years.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That isn't very good. I ordered a rather simple inexpensive item 25 days ago and we are well in advance of the Holidays so things sent media mail should arrive within 6-8 days of shipping (East Coast to West, vice versa). I sent an email today inquiring.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Affirmative. Very slow to respond to emails, slower to ship, slowest to issue a refund.

He does come through in the end though so you're golden if you don't mind the wait.
    This is my experience too.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Slow order processing should be clearly disclosed on the site. I see no valid reason for an order within the USA to take more than 21 days (presuming media mail/parcel post-other shipping should be even more expeditious) from payment to receipt.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just about stopped all commerce with Overlook due to their slow shipping. I'm not getting any younger here!

John

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been ordering from them a few times in the past 3 years .

Took them over a month to process one of the orders .
    Once they processed my orders i always get an email about additional shipping costs before they can ship my order .

I got that same email for my latest order from them but the funny part is that the books had allready arrived a few days earlier

I only order from them if there´s something i can´t find anywhere else though !

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I once waited two and a half YEARS for an in stock item to be delivered from The Overlook Connection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast