Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 661 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I think about it (this will date me BIG time) I have a bunch of old, old "Hardy Boys" books that I should look into re-binding that I got from my Dad. Man, they were great reads when I was little!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In regards to the rebinding discussion:

I recently had two Edward Lee books that were only released in softcover rebound into hardcovers. They turned out absolutely amazing. The bookbinder made a post over at the Crypt showing some pictures of how they turned out and they are AWESOME. Heres the link to the thread - you don't have to sign up to see them: http://the-crypt.proboards.com/index...lay&thread=398

If anyone needs any binding work done, I highly suggest Chris - the two books pictured in the post at the Crypt were his idea of "simple" hardcovers! He does great work and his prices are pretty attractive.

Heres his website: http://hedgesbookbindery.com/website/
    Wow!!! That's some really nice work!!!!

How much do you think re-binding affects the value of a first? When I looked at those pics I immediately thouht how cool it would be to do that to some of the more shabby doubleday books like "The Shining" for instance. It should actually increase their value, no?
    I think it depends on the market. As a first edition book it is more or less ruined. So all the folks in the market for a 1st ed HC would be out. That said, I'm sure there is a market of some size for nicely bound books. For the early King books however I suspect that the rebound books would sell for less than a normal 1st.

For these two books in particular, they are only available in trade paperback and will never be "worth" anything in that state, so by rebinding them as hard covers, it probably has increased their value significantly.
    I have no idea on King books but I do think there certainly is a time & place for re-binding that either increases value or collectibility ( or both). This is a "Robinson Crusoe" from 1784 and has been rebound. Since it's so old, the covers were pretty much `history` but the book itself was in surprisingly good condition. I saved the original covers.

Dude, that is such a classic collectible!!!! I just love it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, those rebound books with slipcases look great!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    In regards to the rebinding discussion:

I recently had two Edward Lee books that were only released in softcover rebound into hardcovers. They turned out absolutely amazing. The bookbinder made a post over at the Crypt showing some pictures of how they turned out and they are AWESOME. Heres the link to the thread - you don't have to sign up to see them: http://the-crypt.proboards.com/index...lay&thread=398

If anyone needs any binding work done, I highly suggest Chris - the two books pictured in the post at the Crypt were his idea of "simple" hardcovers! He does great work and his prices are pretty attractive.

Heres his website: http://hedgesbookbindery.com/website/
    Wow!!! That's some really nice work!!!!

How much do you think re-binding affects the value of a first? When I looked at those pics I immediately thouht how cool it would be to do that to some of the more shabby doubleday books like "The Shining" for instance. It should actually increase their value, no?
    I think it depends on the market. As a first edition book it is more or less ruined. So all the folks in the market for a 1st ed HC would be out. That said, I'm sure there is a market of some size for nicely bound books. For the early King books however I suspect that the rebound books would sell for less than a normal 1st.

For these two books in particular, they are only available in trade paperback and will never be "worth" anything in that state, so by rebinding them as hard covers, it probably has increased their value significantly.
    I have no idea on King books but I do think there certainly is a time & place for re-binding that either increases value or collectibility ( or both). This is a "Robinson Crusoe" from 1784 and has been rebound. Since it's so old, the covers were pretty much `history` but the book itself was in surprisingly good condition. I saved the original covers.

You do still remember that I am coming to steal it, right? Just haven't worked out the Tom Cruise "wire suspension" part yet, but I'm getting there!!!! LOL

If you're nice, I may leave "Show me your hands" for your wife to soften the blow!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.horror-mall.com/auction_h...tion_id=113449

Riding the Bullet for $199 BIN from Larry at BLP!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.horror-mall.com/auction_h...tion_id=113449

Riding the Bullet for $199 BIN from Larry at BLP!
    I'll bet in a year it will sell for about $100. That is what I am waiting for.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    On twitter, @EdgarFreemantle told me that he is selling some items :

I have 6 Ist i1st Editions 4 sale @350 plus shipping. Artist ed DTVII,Straub sign bouble slip Talisman Blackhouse, slip+Talisman Blackhouse Straub sign#,Grant+Art ed DTVII,slip Insomnia Zeisling,Slip Grant Desperation,Slip sign Complete Concordance R.F.350oo
    If any of you are interested...
    He sent me a private message : " I'd even take 250 dollars for 5 first artist editions w/Straub signature"
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

German HC Metallic Cover Schwarz - Gunslinger still wrapped
    - EUR 152,00

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=320624717241

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    That was a nice looking book for $20!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Missed that for $20.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, a UK Mint Under the Dome S/L just went for $165 + free shipping. I had bid a few times, but only halfheartedly this close to the holidays. Kinda wish I had put more heart into it, that went quite a bit cheaper than I expected.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130462662187

That's about retail, if I'm not mistaken.

Ah, well. I really shouldn't be buying now anyway.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

W&G ended at $72. Wow! The mighty has fallen.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    W&G ended at $72. Wow! The mighty has fallen.
    Wow, prices really are down lately. It's a shame.

Gunslinger Apprentice different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons will become famous soon enough different_seasons's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maine craigslist-

http://maine.craigslist.org/clt/2105512914.html

and I think this one has been here before-

http://maine.craigslist.org/clt/2107884438.html

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by different_seasons View Post

and I think this one has been here before-

http://maine.craigslist.org/clt/2107884438.html
    It was on eBay and had some bidding action going on but last time I checked (I was watching it to see what it would go for) the auction was canceled... so I expect someone made the seller a very good offer and I'm hoping it's somebody here (also hoping that this person will come forward and share his or her newly acquired pride and joy with us).

*edit #1 - I just read in the Collectible Classifieds thread that it was relisted on eBay. I'll be watching it again.
    *edit #2 - bidding continues! Some familiar people... http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Sta...item3f05d242dd

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post
    I would like some feedback if this is real or not

ebay item # 270682381333
    Try this one:

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

ebay item # 270682381333
    Try this one:

Yes, those are real. That is the left over signed plates (not numbered) from the King/Hale portfolio. You are buying directly from Todd at Glimmer Graphics, he worked with Phil on the portfolio.

Both signatures are real. I'm really surprised Todd is selling these for $50. I would think he could get $75+.

I do know he only had a few of these left from the project. Again, both signatures are real (that is the old Phil Hale signature)

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

ebay item # 270682381333
    Try this one:

Yes, those are real. That is the left over signed plates (not numbered) from the King/Hale portfolio. You are buying directly from Todd at Glimmer Graphics, he worked with Phil on the portfolio.

Both signatures are real. I'm really surprised Todd is selling these for $50. I would think he could get $75+.

I do know he only had a few of these left from the project. Again, both signatures are real (that is the old Phil Hale signature)

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    I grabbed the other one - just couldn't resist. A nice Hale print (litho?) AND a King signature for $50? No brainer for me.

Do you know the dimensions of this print Ralph?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

... and I grabbed yet another one that was listed. Very cool! I wonder how many are left.

Country
    Country Flag

There is also a $25 BIN print from THE STAND signed by Wrightson: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-STA...item3f05e82718

And more INSOMNIA prints? At least one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-INS...item3f05efe832

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've invited Todd here to discuss or sale the extra prints. This way everyone understands the signatures are real. He wanted to get some shipping taken care of first but will make an appearance here.

My opinion of course, what a great deal on a double signed piece.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

I agree 100%. This will actually be my first King sig! I always thought I'd never get one because I don't feel the need to pay premium prices for signed books but this is a nice surprise!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got a copy on the way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 261 661 ... LastLast