Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 165 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection : jonp

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are there, I took the photos after I put the DJ protector on. I have never seen one on ebay that I've been happy to buy, as you say the DJs suffer from significant wear.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    They are there, I took the photos after I put the DJ protector on. I have never seen one on ebay that I've been happy to buy, as you say the DJs suffer from significant wear.
    Doh! looked at the spine picture rather than the previous one - pretty obvious they are there in that one!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Wow. I need one.
    The seller did have another two, his own copy and another one in similar condition for sale. I said I would have it if it was a different printing variant. At the moment he is trying to find it and check.
    Well, if he has a copy you don't need I'll gladly buy it from you!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE, looks like printed just today .

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been a bit remiss in catching up on your collection. Congratulations on ALL your wonderful acquisitions. Especially that lettered "Carrie". You must and should be very proud!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I need one.
    The seller did have another two, his own copy and another one in similar condition for sale. I said I would have it if it was a different printing variant. At the moment he is trying to find it and check.
    Well, if he has a copy you don't need I'll gladly buy it from you!
    Just bought the other copy, unfortunately for you Michael it's a different variant! (The Fairfield Pennsylvania)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No problem, I'll find one eventually (I just need to start looking I guess ).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Everyone

Finally received today the missing original artwork for Clive Barker's First Tales Lettered Edition that I posted in July. This also included a letter of apology from Clive (unfortunately Facsimile signed) and two limited art prints from his studio, Century Guild.

Clive Barker - First Tales - US Lettered With Original Artwork - C/26

The Book and Traycase

The First Tales Poster Signed By Clive Barker

The Original Artwork

Cabal Limited Edition Print of 300 copies

Print of Poster For Imaginer Paintings and Drawing Opening Reception

Letter From Clive

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very nice. Back in the day when I started collecting King books, Clive Barker was one of the other authors I collected. Congratulations on the new acquisitions.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

looks great, congrats
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

very cool

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Paul, Steve and Meagan. It's a very nice but very small book.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A new US 1st in amazing Fine unread condition just like the similar edition last week.

Stephen King - The Eyes Of The Dragon - US 1st/1st (Arcata Graphics Fairfield Pennsylvania Variant)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! I checked my copies, and that's the variant I'm missing. Arcata Graphics Fairfield Pennsylvania. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Paul.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also arrived today is a new UK proof. Didn't t realise that this one was a small format paperback size - doesn't fit in height-wise with my other proofs. OCD kicking in again!

Stephen King - Insomnia - UK Uncorrected Proof

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! It's a coincidence as I have one on the way of the same proof. They seem to be fairly easy to find if I'm not mistaken. Congratulations.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not as easily to find as some but fairly easy. There is one on UK EBay for a bargain price of £250!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not as easily to find as some but fairly easy. There is one on UK EBay for a bargain price of £250!
    Sounds like I got a deal then? I paid about $150 from Abebooks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

G
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Sounds like I got a deal then? I paid about $150 from Abebooks.
    That's exactly what I paid for mine!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great! Sometimes I never know what a fair price is for certain proofs.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received a new Signed Dean Koontz first edition bringing my Dean Koontz Signed Total to 59. I must own at least one copy of 99% of his books (I think I am only missing two). Even the ones Dean Koontz has written about Dogs or from a dog's perspective. He has owned two retired service dogs for adults and children with disabilities, Trixie and Anna. The author proceeds from the books go to the Canine Companions for Independence Charity.

Dean Koontz / Anna - Ask Anna - Signed US 1st/1st HB

The Other Dog Related Books
    Dean Koontz / Trixie - Life Is Good! (Lessons In Joyful Living) - Signed US 1st/1st HB

Dean Koontz / Trixie - Christmas Is Good! - Signed US 1st/1st PB

Dean Koontz / Trixie - Bliss To You - Signed US 1st/1st HB

Dean Koontz - I, Trixie Who Is Dog - US 1st/1st HB

Dean Koontz - Trixie & Jinx - US 1st/1st HB

Dean Koontz - A Big Little Life (A Memoir Of A Joyful Dog) - US 1st/1st HB

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful! Didn't know you also collected Koontz. I have a lot of his books. I went through a stage where I was collecting them but had to taper off because of the expense and more focus on King collecting. He lives the next city over from me and does private signings at a local bookstore here. I got 10 books signed this year over there. I will have to post pics some time. Right now they're all stored away because I don't have the space for them. But I am planning some changes that will allow me to add a good number of new bookcases, and then I can display them. Anyway, great new acquisitions!!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I'm completely out of the loop on Dean Koontz books. I had no idea he did these dog books.

Are there any signed by the dogs? Seriously, how cool would it be if the dogs' paw print was stamped in a limited.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Like you I have slowed down buying Dean Koontz to concentrate on King. I still get all his 1st editions but have stopped a few years back getting his S/Ls and Lettereds apart from the Odd Thomas S/Ls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 165 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast