Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Br!an

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cemetery Dance Grab Bag

I didn't know that they were all the same and ordered two.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cujo - Pet Semetary - The Talisman - The Drawing of the Three - Christine

I won these in an auction. Just under $60 shipped. All fine except a bumped corner on Cujo.

I didn't have a Pet Semetary. I upgraded my Talisman.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I won these in an auction. Just under $60 shipped. All fine except a bumped corner on Cujo.

I didn't have a Pet Semetary. I upgraded my Talisman.

Wow... what auction?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All US 1sts? I only ask as I know the Canadian Cujo often gets listed as a 1st/1st.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Wow... what auction?
    I am not at liberty to divulge my sources.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    All US 1sts? I only ask as I know the Canadian Cujo often gets listed as a 1st/1st.
    All US 1sts.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Desperation - Slipcased Gift Edition - Remarqued by Don Maitz - "Organ Donor"

I recently received my first ever custom remarque. Don Maitz did a remarqueable job with my Desperation Gift Edition.

The first pics are the request I sent him, front and back. He did a quick thumbnail sketch on the front and then a full rough sketch on the back.

The next is a full sketch that Don did as a preliminary work prior to attempting the book. Suitable for framing. He does this with all his remarques.

Next is the remarque itself.

The COA

And all together now!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now, that's indeed a remarkable Remarque Brian - absolutely love it
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now who has been talking to, Don Maitz without mine or the Haven Funds permission??? LOL J/K That is a legendary piece, Brian big time congrats!!! A truly one of a kind item!!! Way to go!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting! ..... I like that work a lot! Very cool Brian !

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool item and love that you have the prelim items as well.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Hey where's the pic of the recent addition to this?

I recently received my first ever custom remarque. Don Maitz did a remarqueable job with my Desperation Gift Edition.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome additions, Br!an! Love the Pet Sematary!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, SUPERNICE !!!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks all. As TN said I met Don at the signing and he added to the remarque. I thought the sign should read "Organ Donor" which is the name of the piece. Don made it into a Donor card sign. Very cool!

(Thanks TN for the next pic)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow !!
    This really is a cool remarque "package"
    Congratulations Brian.

Thanks all. As TN said I met Don at the signing and he added to the remarque. I thought the sign should read "Organ Donor" which is the name of the piece. Don made it into a Donor card sign. Very cool!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Wow !!
    This really is a cool remarque "package"
    Congratulations Brian.

Just realized where that pic was taken. We did enjoy having Don there, you there and the opportunity to see him add that.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bruce!

Happy belated birthday to you too.

This thread needs a little love. Half of the links are broken and I haven't updated in almost a year.

I do have some very nice new and newish acquisitions that I'll try to get up here soon. Including a few birthday gifts I received from a member here who is always looking to decrease[sic] the value of other's collections.

Country
    Country Flag

This is a Secret Santa post.

If you haven't figured out what to get me yet...

All Wanted 1sts

Carrie (1974)
    'Salem's Lot (1975)
    The Shining (1977)
    Rage (1977)
    Night Shift (1978)
    The Stand (1978)
    The Long Walk (1979)
    The Gunslinger (1982) – 2nd Grant edition
    The Bachman Books (1985) HC
    The Eyes of the Dragon (1987) I need one of the three printings. Not sure which.
    ‘Salem’s Lot - Illustrated Version (2005)

Dark Visions (1988)
    The Plant (1983-6)
    Six Stories (1997)

Books I have that I would like a better copy of:
    Different Seasons
    The Waste Lands dustjacket

I started collecting British HC 1sts and need most of them. The same goes for paperback 1sts

I've never listened to an audiotape. On Writing was recommended to me or The Gunslinger narrated by King.

I also collect John Updike, but I have most of the affordable books. I collect Joe Hill, Owen King, Clive Barker, HP Lovecraft, Ray Bradbury.

I like interesting artwork whether horror/King themed or not.

I'm a gardener, a cook and I like Rock & Roll.

These of course are just a few suggestions. I am sure I will be very happy with whatever I receive.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All Wanted 1sts

Carrie (1974)
    'Salem's Lot (1975)
    The Shining (1977)
    Rage (1977)
    Night Shift (1978 )
    I'd be amazed if you don't get sent all of those.... very reasonable requests I'd say...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

That was the unedited list!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit, I had all of those wrapped up and ready to go to you, but the last thing I want to do is usurp your Secret Santa. It just wouldn't be nice.
    <-----------------Starts over again.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All Wanted 1sts

Carrie (1974)
    'Salem's Lot (1975)
    The Shining (1977)
    Rage (1977)
    Night Shift (1978)
    The Stand (1978)
    The Long Walk (1979)
    The Gunslinger (1982) – 2nd Grant edition
    The Bachman Books (1985) HC
    The Eyes of the Dragon (1987) I need one of the three printings. Not sure which.
    ‘Salem’s Lot - Illustrated Version (2005)

Dark Visions (1988)
    The Plant (1983-6)
    Six Stories (1997)

Books I have that I would like a better copy of:
    Different Seasons
    The Waste Lands dustjacket

I started collecting British HC 1sts and need most of them. The same goes for paperback 1sts

I've never listened to an audiotape. On Writing was recommended to me or The Gunslinger narrated by King.

I also collect John Updike, but I have most of the affordable books. I collect Joe Hill, Owen King, Clive Barker, HP Lovecraft, Ray Bradbury.

I like interesting artwork whether horror/King themed or not.

I'm a gardener, a cook and I like Rock & Roll.

These of course are just a few suggestions. I am sure I will be very happy with whatever I receive.
    And I want a new Bentley (The old one has a flat)!!! LOL LOL I'm sure that "Santa" secret or not will be sure to put a smile on your face for the holidays, my friend!!! I wish you all the best this holiday season!!!

Spoiler:
    Too bad you didn't get me for your "Secret Santa", I'm pretty good at making wishes come true now and then around this time of year!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Long time, no post.

I had to put this on here though.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Long time, no post.

I had to put this on here though.

Where is IT brother!!!???
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast