Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Revival Book Tour-Collecting Thread

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on the books!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I too was at the DC event. While all 1,500 tickets had to be picked up at will call I think it went rather smoothly! I was probably 500 or so back in line and when the line started to move I was literally in my seat in about ten minutes! Tenth row off center to the right looking at the stage. Our seats were perfect.

The talk was terrific, Steve was on his game! A Stand story brewing, Talisman 3, the story of Jericho Hill - he said he already knows how it went down! These were great to hear. King told stories some old and others new (at least for me and I've been to several of these events over the years) and all were terrific. I loved him telling about Joe being the willing teenage participant being tied to the bed to see if he could escape and Tabby barging in wondering what the hell they were doing!

Joe was also part of the Blair Witch story! King was recuperating from his horrific accident and Joe brought him a screener of the Blair Witch Project! He had to ask Joe to stop it half way through! Ironic isn't it!

I had two tickets to this event. My wife was going to accompany me but instead I ended up with my 25 yr old son! He said its a good thing he has seen all the movies otherwise he wouldn't have understood a lot of what was said. As for reading he's a King virgin! I did get one of the randomly placed signed copies!!!!

One other funny story out of the evening! The Orchestra seats to the right in the front were occupied by several deaf people. There were two "signers" taking turns translating what Steve was saying! If you've ever been to a King event where he takes the stage to speak you know that his language is no different than that in his stories! He said he didn't give a shit if people didn't like the cursing in his books - saying that to raucous laughter. I loved the facial expressions on the female singer as she translated all the shits and dams and fucks and even one cunt! Not sure if she was embarrassed or if the facial expression was part of the translation!

And last but not least, two jumper cables go into a bar, ......

King started with this joke but delivered the punchline at the end about 90 minutes later. You can find the punchline on the Internet. That's where he got the dumb joke. King said he started the talk with a dumb joke, the dumbest he could find so that everything said after that would seem so much brighter, or something to that effect.

And as he walked off stage he said " and go get your damn books!"
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I loved the facial expressions on the female singer as she translated all the shits and dams and fucks and even one cunt! Not sure if she was embarrassed or if the facial expression was part of the translation!
    Yes! I purposefully looked over to the signer when he started cursing. I thought I recognized the sign for "fuck."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Along the Path of the Beam coderedx is on a distinguished road

Had a blast at the Kansas City event tonight. Everything exceeded my expectations. I really loved hearing his thoughts on "literature" versus "fiction." King playing his guitar was pretty entertaining.

My group got one signed book of three, and we had all agreed in advance I'd get any signed copies. The signature looks a bit like his hand was starting to hurt, but I don't have a King signature in my collection, so I'm just thrilled to have even got one. I don't think the books were distributed as randomly as was advertised... two of the three of us were handed books from a stack behind the table, and then my brother-in-law was handed one from under the table. It ended up being the one that was signed.

For Sale:
    Shivers I, III, and VII - $50 for All 3 - Numbers I and III are signed by some of the authors.

Wanted:
    Full Dark, No Stars Gift Edition
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot Gift Edition

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Four tickets, two books, wasn't expecting any. So I am thrilled. Our moderator let king talk! I was worried at first, but it turned out awesome!

kc event was a huge success!

Gunslinger Apprentice Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall will become famous soon enough Jud Crandall's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I loved it! I hadn't been to a Stephen King talk/signing before, but I'll definitely try to go to any I can in the future. He's just so engaging. Out of two tickets, we got one signed book. Since my friend doesn't (well didn't, heh) have any King signed books I traded with him, much to his delight. We had an amazing time!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to all that got a signed copy!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hav'in a nice relaxing visit (my mini-vacation) with fantastic friends in K.C. - Outstanding
    Seeing S.K. Play guitar and attempt vocals - Entertaining
    Receiving a signed 1st. ed Revival at the K.C. event - Rewarding
    Daring two slightly buzzed DT.org members to streak in 18 deg weather - PRICELESS 😳

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The GERMAN Revival Cover from Heyne 2. März 2015

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    The GERMAN Revival Cover from Heyne 2. März 2015

Too cool, talk about being overt with the religious connection. Not that it was much of a stretch with a name like "Revival", but the cross on the front is about as blunt as you can make it.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Hav'in a nice relaxing visit (my mini-vacation) with fantastic friends in K.C. - Outstanding
    Daring two slightly buzzed DT.org members to streak in 18 deg weather - PRICELESS 😳
    Hey....What happens in Kansas.......should stay in Kansas

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics! 8)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No pics no proof.by

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

On the road to Wichita.

ETA 1:15 pm (unless we stop for lunch).

Wichita temp is 30 deg F.

Event at 6pm.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in line in Wichita. Probably a hundred people here.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the cold wouldn't be so bad, but the wind is killing me.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm in line in Wichita .
    Why?

Trust me, it is not worth it (at least not to me)....you will see and hear him just fine no matter what time you get there.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

First time I've ever done this. Why not? I'm parked three feet from my spot in line.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I just saw King leaving after signing the presigned books books for tonight, just my brother & I politely asked if he'd sign a book for each of us & wouldnt I was completely taken back on top of that I had gotten some posters of one of the bands he likes signed to him when they played the music venue I do some work at & the lady with him wouldn't even let him take them, that is the first time I've had such a negative interaction, only two people would have been 10 seconds to do it tops

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First time I've ever done this. Why not? I'm parked three feet from my spot in line.

Man up, dude!! LOL J/K

Spoiler:
    Nice parking job, BTW!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just not a fan of sitting in the cold.....but I know it can be fun hanging out in line talking with fellow fans. Have fun dude! Stay warm!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I AM HAVING FUN!,I AM HAVING FUN!,I AM HAVING FUN.
    Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    I AM HAVING FUN!,I AM HAVING FUN!,I AM HAVING FUN.
    Spoiler:
    That's way off, I'm wearing a face cover.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been busy for me since the DC event, so this is my first chance to post...

When I got there at 5:50, I was terrified when a say a line wrapped around the building and snaking it's way through a courtyard, but I was absolutely floored by how quickly and smoothly the line was processed. Getting out was just as smooth.

Yes, that bald guy that seemed to be in charge of handing out the books was an ass. I was probably there with you guys at the end and just didn't realize it. I waiting until no one else was coming down the stairs, then asked. There had to be at least 100 left, of which I'm sure a few were signed. Oh well. Our group of 4 got 3 signed copies, so I really can't complain.

I loved the Gerald's Game Joe Hill test to get untied. lol. I can totally see him doing it. It was good to hear about Talisman3, but I was more excited for "The Future Adventures Of Stu, Franny, & Kojak."

Afterwords, we walked a few blocks to a place called Burgers, Tap, & Shake and got some food. It was fun.

Here are my few incredibly blurry pics...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...2c&usp=sharing

It is so incredibly hard to get a decent picture with a cellphone in a dark room of a spotlighted person.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I'm on record as hating the random signed book approach. It gives everyone at least hope of receiving one and most are disappointed. The best method was how things were handled at George Mason. You either got a signing ticket or not beforehand so everyone knew whether they would get one or not when making the decision to attend.
    Agreed. Or at least give them a card, like the NYC Under the Dome event. If you got a blank card - no signed book and you could decide whether you wanted to buy one or not. Face/number card and you could buy a signed copy.

Without any policing, makes me feel like the bookstore held a bunch back (even if they didn't), which sucks.
    The UtD NYC event was the best way I've seen a book distribution handled. It was nice because you knew on the way in whether you were getting a signed book or not. But also because they were setup to accept sales, so even if you didn't get a guaranteed signed copy, you could hang out and buy one after all the promised books were handed out. Then you could go back and buy more if there were still some left.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I was probably there with you guys at the end and just didn't realize it. I waiting until no one else was coming down the stairs, then asked. There had to be at least 100 left, of which I'm sure a few were signed.
    You must have been because there were only a handful of people left. I wouldn't have had a problem with them telling us we couldn't buy/exchange/try for a signed book, but it was the way that he said it that was just nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    Afterwords, we walked a few blocks to a place called Burgers, Tap, & Shake and got some food. It was fun.
    Becca, why didn't we do this?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast