Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell with John Cusack

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

According to Ms. Mod: the final screenplay was written by King.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I look forward to this release. It will be interesting all the promotional advertising/apps/items that will be attached to it.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

I hope they'll leave out the fact that the zombies can fly. This was so ridiculous, it ruined the whole book for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm tired as hell of zombies, but I loved the book, so I'm cautiously optimistic that this will turn out well.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

They aren't really zombies, they are phone crazies.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Zombies aren't really zombies, though. The phone crazies of Cell probably qualify for the title better than the living dead of contemporary cinematic and pop literary tradition do, anyway.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a specific reason Tod Williams was picked to direct? He hasn't really done much and only one is in horror. Just wondering how he got attached.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Is there a specific reason Tod Williams was picked to direct? He hasn't really done much and only one is in horror. Just wondering how he got attached.
    I suspect he is cheap and is amenable to receiving and implementing copious orders from producers and/or stars.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just glad that Eli Roth isn't involved...he's terrible.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No longer using King's screenplay?

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/02/27...r-mark-leyner/
    During a Reddit AMA interview earlier today, actor John Cusack revealed that the film adaptation of Stephen King’s zombie techno-thriller Cell that he’s starring in will be written by Mark Leyner, who last worked with Cusack as the writer of War, Inc.

“Stephen King is a great writer to work with,” Cusack told a fan who asked him about 1408. “Doing a version of Cell with War, Inc. writer Mark Leyner. It should be another mind bender!”

War, Inc. also starred Iron Man 3 villain Sir Ben Kingsley as a secretive warlord pulling the strings from behind the scenes. That was, by all indications, good practice for his role in the Marvel Universe later on.

Previous reports (and the film’s IMDb page) had the movie written by Adam Alleca of The Last House on the Left; whether he’ll be working with Leyner or has been replaced as the film’s writer isn’t clear.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the phone crazies were an innovative take on zombies. Unique and clever.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    I thought the phone crazies were an innovative take on zombies. Unique and clever.
    The "Tech" angle is certainly central to the story. I associated the "Phone Crazies" a little more along the lines of the "28 days later" Dead, i.e. more mobile!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Three Pieces of Art For Stephen King's 'Cell' Adaptation!
    http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...en-kings-cell/

Banned Joka42 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

new news about this project of John Cusack?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Samuel L. Jackson Reunites With John Cusack for Another Stephen King Adaptation

According to a press release, Jackson "will play Tom McCourt, an engineer and former soldier who escapes from Boston along with Cusack’s character, Clay Riddell, after a mysterious pulse, transmitted by cell phones, spreads like a virus through the human population."

The film will be directed by Tod "Kip" Williams (Paranormal Activity 2).

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully the character will still be gay here.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Banned Joka42 will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

thx Ari_Racing !

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am very hopeful about this film. I adore Cusack after 1408 and especially Identity (which I've only recently seen and loved a lot), and I've always admired Jackson. The novel being one of the minor ones and not much loved (though I personally am very fond of it), it holds more potential for a good movie than any of them big whales.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I wonder how well Sam Jackson will fit this role considering he's the exact opposite of the character described in the book. He wasn't anything like the hotel manager from the book in 1408 either but that was such a small part that it wasn't a big deal.

Also a former soldier? I like Sam Jackson but I just don't know about this...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    IAlso a former soldier? I like Sam Jackson but I just don't know about this...
    He plays a badass in the Avengers movies.

He's a great actor, I'm sure Master Windoo can pull it off.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...I am REALLY looking forward to this one. It could be one o the best.

Hold on...I have to take this call...
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    IAlso a former soldier? I like Sam Jackson but I just don't know about this...
    He plays a badass in the Avengers movies.

He's a great actor, I'm sure Master Windoo can pull it off.
    I guess I should have worded that better. That was kind of 2 separate thoughts.

I know he can play a badass, but why are they making this character a former soldier in the first place when the story doesn't call for that?

It seems like they are re-shaping the character to fit the actor rather than the other way around.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. I think the opening scene on this one could be epic. I have always been reminded of this book by the opening of The Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes...I am REALLY looking forward to this one. It could be one o the best.

Hold on...I have to take this call...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast