Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3019

Thread: Book Collection: Bad Penny

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Terry Cruikshank "Roland" commission arrived yesterday (a couple of preliminary pix were posted upthread a ways) and this sucker is really cool (well, to me he is) - every detail, from the crow, the guns, the holsters, the clothing, the rose, the lobstrositied right hand - even the hat, were made to specification and by hand, and his coat is freaking awesome, feels like calfskin or something ....

Anyways, here's Roland (in situ, as it were)

We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful work of art, and I am glad it arrived in one piece. Congrats!!
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! If I ever visit Australia I will have to swing by the King Shrine.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! I want to visit also!

John F. Kennedy Meldar is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I really envy your collection. Excellent editions

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Me too. Nice stuff.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone that happens to be passing through Parramatta (Sydney) is more than welcome to pay a visit (probably even give a TDT member discount)
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Chadbourne Insert Entry # 16 - Dolores Claiborne

We all float down here!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love these GC illustrations.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There's those fingers again...

I also noticed the hand/fingers in an illustration he did for Brian Freemans Blue November Storm. I'm diggin' them popping up in different places.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Well, no, it's not a book, or a piece of art, or a figurine -- however, as it's kinda, sorta (at a stretch) SK related, thus, I'll post it anyway

This is my birthday present to myself (earlier this month) the new car and, as importantly, its new plates (with bonus Angry Oy swinging from the rear view mirror)

That's a cute little car you got there, Grant. You make it yourself? LOL J/K

Wonderful vehicle and plate!!! You certainly ROCK, dude!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

A quick update on the IT Diorama that I've commissioned from John Stewart (last update was late March).

Although the project is still a ways off being finalised, the scans that Terry sent me earlier today promise something quite special (note, the little candles in amongst the bones are tipped with LED lights - Terry does some amazing stuff in miniature)

Initial Sketch

Completed Diorama Frame

Detail Work (To Date)

We all float down here!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

They look amazing pal. The boat in the water really brings back memories of the story for sure.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

MINDBLOWING !!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the detail. Very, very cool!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks amazing. I love all these quirky items you collect along with the books. Great stuff.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys (although the credit's all John's, he being the creator and all)

Here's a couple more teasers that he emailed me overnight (depicting the spider and the webs/cocoons).

We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Creepy!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the hanging people. Fucking ridiculous! lol

Country
    Country Flag

Cemetery Dance have finally gotten around to clearing some of their backlog of Lettered Editions, as evidenced by the contents of the three largish boxes that turned up at the front door over the past two days.

I'm certainly happy that some of these titles have finally been produced, however; I'm of mixed minds as to whether I'm digging the consistency of slipcase design (jury's still out)

Oh, and yeah, I'll post some individual pix sometime soon
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's quite a lot of lettered books!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think they look great all lined up like that.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Grant, that "IT" diorama is gonna be one fucking cool collectible!!! Whilst perusing those posts it got me to thinking, does anyone else in your family or close friends appreciate your King collection in anywhere near the enthusiasm that you clearly show? I guess I was just wondering if you are like a lot of us in that, this is the only place that others appreciate our collective passion.

I'm a little fortunate in that my Son reads a lot of King material and shows interest in the collection as well as, a few other relatives in passing fancy do as well
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Grant, that "IT" diorama is gonna be one fucking cool collectible!!! Whilst perusing those posts it got me to thinking, does anyone else in your family or close friends appreciate your King collection in anywhere near the enthusiasm that you clearly show? I guess I was just wondering if you are like a lot of us in that, this is the only place that others appreciate our collective passion.

I'm a little fortunate in that my Son reads a lot of King material and shows interest in the collection as well as, a few other relatives in passing fancy do as well
    Hey, Wild Bill, good question, but one that you've pretty much already answered yourself in the posing thereof ... My family and friends, even close ones (those outside of this forum) cannot understand the passion that goes with collecting (doesn't matter whether it be King, another author or postage stamps). Sure, most of them have their hobbies, as most of us do, however, collecting transcends something one does merely for "fun" .. Outside of the folk here, nope, no one I know even begins (or likely wants) to understand the sense of purpose and more than occasional single mindedness that accompanies chasing down and adding the newest, weirdest, esoteric, left field item to the collection. I've been here on TDT for just going on a year now, and, yes, it feels like home to me
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast