Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1499

Thread: Joyland-Collecting Discussion

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well it was up on Betts website on the new consignment - and it's not available now. A book I would have always liked to buy, but never would have considered spending that amount for it (or any book). So I should just be happy that I was able to turn the Joyland into that one....

any guesses? It'll be my new P&J when it arrives

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Well and I just traded mine - before I saw what this one fetched (and I am extremely happy for what I traded for)
    Do share
    Yes please
    Agreed
    OK, I'll join in!! Inquiring minds want to know!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

SL Stand is my guess
    reality continues to ruin my life

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    SL Stand is my guess
    Only took one guess - guess i have to buy you a drink next time you are up in this neck of the woods. I will have to enlist RF help on the nameplate though (more beer to serve).

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

SL Stand is my guess
    Only took one guess - guess i have to buy you a drink next time you are up in this neck of the woods. I will have to enlist RF help on the nameplate though (more beer to serve).
    Thats a great deal in my opinion.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Was it RF who had the custom nameplate made? I know someone did but I thot it was Simon?
    Congrats on the trade, Chad! This is my number one favorite novel and SL

Country
    Country Flag

Was it RF who had the custom nameplate made? I know someone did but I thot it was Simon?
    RF has the custom plates. We will make this a weekend lunch project - and I can drop steph off shopping at Walnut Creek (so it'll probably end up costing me a whole lot more)

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice trade Chad!
    Mark Twain

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Any idea what the reserve was? I looked at it this afternoon when it was at $1000 and reserve was not met.
    This makes me tempted to sell my P

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

RF has the custom plates. We will make this a weekend lunch project - and I can drop steph off shopping at Walnut Creek (so it'll probably end up costing me a whole lot more)
    Excellent deal Chad - well done mate !!!!
    We all float down here!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Any idea what the reserve was? I looked at it this afternoon when it was at $1000 and reserve was not met.
    I believe $2500
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does it smell like asparagus?

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SL Stand is my guess

Great deal for you! Basically $200 bought you The Stand S/L which will hold its value. I just don't see how Joyland can hold onto this high price for much longer. Of course, I could be wrong.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

So today a lettered Joyland sold for $3000.

WTF?!?!?!??!
    I can think of a few reasons but I'm not sure if any are valid up to $3K. The first is the limitation of only 26 copies. We've gotten so used to seeing lettered editions of 52 that that was the thing that got my attention immediately. With so many King collectors looking for a copy this is an extremely scarce book. The book is also somewhat of a novelty in that it was published by Titan and not one of the usual specialty press publishers with whom we are all so familiar. It is also a fairly well-liked story so far as I can tell from my reading and from the reviews I have read. But mostly, I think, it is the limitation of only 26 copies.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    So today a lettered Joyland sold for $3000.

WTF?!?!?!??!
    I can think of a few reasons but I'm not sure if any are valid up to $3K. The first is the limitation of only 26 copies. We've gotten so used to seeing lettered editions of 52 that that was the thing that got my attention immediately. With so many King collectors looking for a copy this is an extremely scarce book. The book is also somewhat of a novelty in that it was published by Titan and not one of the usual specialty press publishers with whom we are all so familiar. It is also a fairly well-liked story so far as I can tell from my reading and from the reviews I have read. But mostly, I think, it is the limitation of only 26 copies.
    Well stated!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Lettered at Betts, $2400. Go. Now!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Chad
    That's the first thing I looked for when it came up but missed it.

Great buy
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Does it smell like asparagus?

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item27d5221fd8

Man are we desperate for a Joyland case or what?!?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on your S/L of THE STAND, Chad. I would have made that trade too, if I had been in the postion to do so.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King...item27d5221fd8

Clever. Not a huge fan of the design though. On the other hand he now has a slipcase and I dont.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...but you will once Tomas creates one.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeff of cause also have slipcases for Joyland.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeff of cause also have slipcases for Joyland.

Some of his Joe Hill Slipcases

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    Desperate maybe - but that won't last for too long. I'm assuming that CD will be coming out with one and I know that Tomas (TheCollector) is going to have one. I also have one that's ready to order. I posted the first Harrison Ryan art that will be engraved on the case (the 'spoiler' art). This is the second choice of his art you'd have. (The 'Devin' art). The spoiler case is completed - you can see it in the 'Dolso Case' thread. The case with this art isn't engraved yet but I'll have pics of it when it's done. Harrison is one talented guy!!!

He produced this art so that it blended with the cover of the book - it will make one continuous image when the book is pulled part-way out.
    Great Job, Harrison!!

Anyone wanting to order a case, drop me a line at either info @ bookslipcase.com or a PM here.
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast