Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Occupy

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Occupy

Whatever you think of the movement; was this necessary?

Watch the woman in green as she enters the shot from the left.

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That kind of violence is never necessay. That "cop" should be arrested and jailed where I am sure he would get plenty of the same.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To be honest, that looks like some fortuitous editing. My brother was NYPD for 20 years and video rarely tells the entire story on the Photog's viewpoint. Not saying he or she was wrong, but I am sure there was more to the altercation.

No Pre-judging, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. I agree it doesn't look good (at all!) however I would like to know what if anything precipitated this response.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George Steinbrenner View Post
    To be honest, that looks like some fortuitous editing. My brother was NYPD for 20 years and video rarely tells the entire story on the Photog's viewpoint. Not saying he or she was wrong, but I am sure there was more to the altercation.

No Pre-judging, right?
    Yeah, she was probably asking for it.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

She wanted it as much as he did.

What actions by this woman could justify this? I see no weapons in her hands.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No Pre-judging, right?
    Right.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lives View Post
    She wanted it as much as he did.

What actions by this woman could justify this? I see no weapons in her hands.
    I agree that excessive use of force should not be tolerated ever. I still would like to know what if anything occured leading up to this event.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    I still would like to know what if anything occured leading up to this event.
    Well, no matter what their feelings, I'd think that everyone can agree on that.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The yelling was really unnecessary. I jsut feel like we don't have the whole picture ... we only come into it with her getting punched in the face. We can't hear what happened before that.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

No Pre-judging, right?
    Well, Mr. Snarky, maybe she was. We have no knowledge as to what precipitated the use of force. We only see the officer's use of force. If, for example, she laid hands on the Officer first, that would constitute "Assault on a Police Officer" and he would have the right to subdue her.

I'm not saying that is the case or, that the Officer was automatically in "the right". All I am saying is that the clip is subjective without the entire sequence of events. However, you seem ready to convict the Officer on limited facts. That's not right either.

Am I outta line here?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The office would have the right to subdue her... but Only in that manner if his life was in eminent danger...not in that manner. She had no weapon brandished at the moment she was struck. Could the officer come to her house two days later and punch her?

I just suspect we would hear different from you if it were your wife/mother/girlfriend/daughter.

You know I love you , man...I just disagree. This man assaulted a woman.

-Ms. Snarky II

But I find it odd that one side or another isn't screaming about this...ie if she DID have a weapon ect.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The office would have the right to subdue her... but Only in that manner if his life was in eminent danger...not in that manner. She had no weapon brandished at the moment she was struck. Could the officer come to her house two days later and punch her?

I just suspect we would hear different from you if it were your wife/mother/girlfriend/daughter.

You know I love you , man...I just disagree. This man assaulted a woman.

-Ms. Snarky II

But I find it odd that one side or another isn't screaming about this...ie if she DID have a weapon ect.
    Sorry about the type Ms. Snarky. Very good point regarding not hearing much about this clip. All I'm trying to say is that we don't have enough info to pass judgement on the incident from that clip. That's all. Could be that the truth of the entire situation bears out wrong-doing on both parties. As you mention, why no hoopla of the incident? That could be telling in and of itself.

I love you too, Ms. Snarky!!!!! LOL Believe it or not I have been known to be Snarky on occasion!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

My two cents is that if she wasn't at the protest in the first place she never would have got hit! Don't start nothin and there won't be nothin!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

No Pre-judging, right?
    Well, Mr. Snarky, maybe she was. We have no knowledge as to what precipitated the use of force. We only see the officer's use of force. If, for example, she laid hands on the Officer first, that would constitute "Assault on a Police Officer" and he would have the right to subdue her.

I'm not saying that is the case or, that the Officer was automatically in "the right". All I am saying is that the clip is subjective without the entire sequence of events. However, you seem ready to convict the Officer on limited facts. That's not right either.

Am I outta line here?
    I'm not ready to convict -- I'm just ready to send it to trial. It's not impossible that she was presenting a threat such that his action was necessary, but I believe I've seen enough to say that that's not likely.

It certainly is not out of line that it's not right to punish people unless their guilt has been proven, and yet it still happens all of the time. We like to think that our justice system is infallible, but it so happens that I've seen for myself how many injustices go by. So what I'd like to know is whether you are equally concerned about the rights of those who have no badge or title, or just assume that the system must be taking care of everything until you're left no choice.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No Pre-judging, right?

Am I outta line here?
    I'm not ready to convict -- I'm just ready to send it to trial. It's not impossible that she was presenting a threat such that his action was necessary, but I believe I've seen enough to say that that's not likely.

It certainly is not out of line that it's not right to punish people unless their guilt has been proven, and yet it still happens all of the time. We like to think that our justice system is infallible, but it so happens that I've seen for myself how many injustices go by. So what I'd like to know is whether you are equally concerned about the rights of those who have no badge or title, or just assume that the system must be taking care of everything until you're left no choice.
    I am absolutely dedicated to the rights of both parties involved. If the cop was wrong, then he should get the max and vice versa. If there were mitigating circumstances on either or both sides then the punishment should be appropriately moderated. All I have been trying to say all along, is that video does not necessarily convist anyone of anything. It may prove to be germaine to ultimate charges, but is not enough to convict (or judge) of its own merits. I mean for all we know she could have assaulted another person, perhaps with a blunt object, and then resisted arrest and the cop was subduing her. Of course the cop could also have mis-percieved the situation and acted with excessive force. Point being, we only see the resolution of the incident and nothing regarding the motivation for it, either way.

Fair enough?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

It was a guy named Felix Rivera-Pitre that got punched, by the way. In the unedited video here:

you can see him when the camera pans around. If you frame by frame it, at 1:34 you can see him standing there doing nothing but looking at his phone, facing away from where the cop comes from before the cop rushes him. He enters the frame again at 1:39, a mere 5 seconds later as if being shoved. The rest of the time he is backing away, not being aggressive at all. If he felt she had done something wrong then he should have dealt with in a much different manner.

Here is another angle where you can see the guy walking away when he gets attacked:

The cop just lunged at me full throttle and hit me on the left side of my face. It tore my earring out. I remember seeing my earring on the ground next to me and it was full of blood. I was completely dumbstruck. I'm HIV positive and that cop should get tested."

The only explanation he could give for the punch was that he "shot the cop a look."
    I understand the desire by some people to want to think the cop was acting properly and to defend that possibility, because the world would be a better place if cops always acted justly. This one did not. Even if the cop had told him to stop or something, it was a noisy protest and the cop should not have went directly to the punch in five seconds(remember, he was standing facing away from the copy 5 seconds before the punch) of trying to get the guy to stop walking away.

Oh, also, this is the same cop on September 24th:
    (BTW, nothing is edited out of the left side, the full frame is squeezed into half the screen so the other angles can be brought in. Bad video editing, but not taking anything out.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

This was Officer Bologna throwing the punch????

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

This was Officer Bologna throwing the punch????
    Nah, Cardona was this guys name. Bologna was there when Cardona dragged the girl over the barracade into the street by her throat a few weeks ago though, beating up a camera man.

It seems to be all of this middle management white shirt cops that keep behaving inappropriately, rather than the lower ranked blue shirts.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a bunch of teddy bears.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

For my two pennies, I feel that the violence although it does seem to be over the top was more than probabley justified

I think we all to often forget that the police are people and have families the same as all of us, and they are not non-feeling robots, although at times it does feel like that

I have in the past had many a run in the with the police (I know little innocent me) and have dealt with some real scum bag police officers, from
    a) going to the station to make a complaint over an assault being told ' I must have asked for it'
    b) walking through town with my boyfriend at the time, to cat calls from the police van - they called me a hooker and asked how much I was charging him, they shouted all sorts of abuse all aimed to wind him up then they could throw him in the back of the van (I beleive they may have been bored)
    c) I have been told to walk home alone in the early hours of the morning after they smacked a friend across the face with the police torch and then arrested him for criminal damage to said police torch

So I am no lover of the police in general as you can gather, HOWEVER

After the riots over here in the UK showed, most (and yes I do say most) of the said 'protestors' are not actually there to protest but for some 'agro'

We had footage much the same as above coming out over here with shouts of police brutality, what we didn't see but came out later was the fact that these 'people' (and I use the term loosely) had been doing all sorts during the riots (sorry, protests) from ran sacking shops and general property damage through to kidnapping and rape.

So yes, the above video shows some terrible footage of an appantley innocent bystander getting thumped, however we don't know what he did, we don't know what was going through the policemans mind at the time, and again I repeat most people going to these protests do so with violence in mind, as all of the videos on this page show - you can feel the adrenalin just sat here at the computer.

I have been to protests in the past, before anyone cries about human rights to protest, and I have seen peaceful protests in action, and yes when they are well managed and well thought through they can achieve something, (Poll tax rioter here) but I have seen the footage from these protests and don't beleive they had any intention of non- violent protest

Ok, I am off my soap box now

There hasn't been a single bit of "ran sacking shops and general property damage through to kidnapping and rape." as you say at the Occupy Wallstreet movement. You can't confuse this movement with riots that have happened. This isn't that sort of movement at all. These people aren't going to this protest with violence in mind because violence is counter to what they want to get done.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In my Hometown, Hamburg - Germany several Occupy Protestler start to camping in tent´s in the
    in front of one big Bank.... The ´camping-area´ in the city of the town is arround 400 square meters.

http://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/kom...t-stoeren.html

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A recent poll of the "Occupy Wall St" movement showed that over 31% expected and even encouraged violence at this protest. This was released on the CNN news channel. They went onto note that the Movement and protest itself has attracted quite a bit of peripheral "Salty dudes" that have no stake in the protest whatsoever and are using it as a cover for criminal acts. FWIW
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    There hasn't been a single bit of "ran sacking shops and general property damage through to kidnapping and rape." as you say at the Occupy Wallstreet movement. You can't confuse this movement with riots that have happened. This isn't that sort of movement at all. These people aren't going to this protest with violence in mind because violence is counter to what they want to get done.
    I wasn't confusing each riot, what I was saying is that not everything is as clear cut as you may first imagine.

If you believe that ALL the people that went to this protest did so with no intent on violence than thats good. However I don't beleive this, and every single protest that turns into a riot always starts off with people with the best of intentions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast