Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: iowabob

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Default Book Collection: iowabob

A few pictures just to get this started ...

Top: S/L
    Bottom: US (and a few UK) First Editions

Top: More S/L including Lettered and Numbered "Regulators" and Lettered and Numbered "Six Stories."
    Bottom: More US First Editions

Top: Miscellaneous S/L and Anthologies
    Bottom: S/L Legends, S/L LSOE #443, S/L Dark Tower Set #443, S/L DT1 and DT2 Cassette Tapes

Custom My Pretty Pony Case

My Pretty Pony

My Pretty Pony, Personalized Inscription

My Pretty Pony Inscription, Close-up

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Very Nice Collection...awesome "My Pretty Pony"
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Really nice items! Any interesting story behind the My Pretty Pony inscription? It seems like there should be.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Congrats! Really nice items! Any interesting story behind the My Pretty Pony inscription? It seems like there should be.
    In 1998, Mr. King donated "Dinner for 4 with Stephen King" to the Bangor YMCA's annual auction. All of the donated items were then listed on a website where it was possible to place bids. The problem with that was that any higher bids received at the Live Auction in Bangor would automatically beat bids placed via the website.

I was able to contact the gentleman that was in charge of the live auction, and convinced him that as the high bidder via the Internet that I would like to "attend" the live auction by telephone. He kindly agreed, and on the night of the auction, I was there listening to the bids. With the financial support of my partner BuyKat, we were successful in winning the auction. I had already spoken with Marsha in Mr. King's office, and Mr. King agreed that if we were to win the auction, he would meet with us for dinner during a future trip to California.

Following the auction, Marsha notified me that a "rather large package" containing a thank you gift was on its way from Bangor. The package turned out to be the inscribed Whitney Museum MPP shown in the pictures. After the package arrived, Marsha told me that Mr. King wanted to send something special, and had asked her if they had any of the "Dead Clock Books" left in the storeroom.

Obviously, it's one of my most prized possessions.

To finish the story ...

Before we ever had the opportunity to meet for dinner, Mr. King was hit by a car in Bangor, and all plans were put on hold while he recovered. He had been schduled to speak at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco, but the event was cancelled for obvious reasons.

The Herbst event was eventually rescheduled for October 4, 2000, and with Marsha's assistance we received 4 tickets to attend. My wife and I met BuyKat and her husband in San Francisco and attended the event. The following day, we met Mr. King for lunch at a restaurant in the Mark Hopkins hotel. The photo used as my avatar was taken there following lunch.

I took the certiicate that we receved from the YMCA auction, and Mr. King "voided" it for us when we finished eating. A picture of the certificate appears below.

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

That is fantastic Bob, thanks for sharing that!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Story, Iowabob!!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!!!

I had a similar experience with Roger Dean, the artist, that I won't reveal here.

Bet you had just an AWESOME time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection and wonderful story. I think PP is excellent but my eyes are always drawn to The Eyes of the Dragon..

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great story, Bob! I really enjoyed reading that. Thanks for posting.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story Bob,
    I'll bet your wife can't make you sell this...

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Great story Bob,
    LOL, she's not after me to sell anything that's in the bookcase. Just wants me to sell some of the duplicate stuff that's been piling up in assorted boxes for the past 20 years.

Know anyone look for a matched number set of the S/L Talisman and S/L Black House? I know there's a set somewhere in the garage.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iowabob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Great story Bob,
    LOL, she's not after me to sell anything that's in the bookcase. Just wants me to sell some of the duplicate stuff that's been piling up in assorted boxes for the past 20 years.
    I'll be happy to store that pesky mess over here if you want... no trouble at all

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet collection and great story!

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Thanks! One more little Bangor YMCA story.

On one of the shelves, there are 2 copies of "Six Stories" in slipcases that were sold (I think) by Stu at Betts. I bought the numbered copy when it was first published, and picked up the Roman Numeral edition (LXIX) from the Bangor YMCA auction. When the lettered copy arrived, I was very happy to find that it was also personalized to me.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Thanks! One more little Bangor YMCA story.

On one of the shelves, there are 2 copies of "Six Stories" in slipcases that were sold (I think) by Stu at Betts. I bought the numbered copy when it was first published, and picked up the Roman Numeral edition (LXIX) from the Bangor YMCA auction. When the lettered copy arrived, I was very happy to find that it was also personalized to me.
    Pics, pretty please!!!!!

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    [Pics, pretty please!!!!!
    OK, here ya go.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The copies of Six Stories are aaawesome!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just Awesome!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cynical

Just couldn't resist posting this for my buddy Cook.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just couldn't resist posting this for my buddy Cook.

Oh, now your teasing me!!
    Please tell me we can talk.
    Have I mentioned, how buff you look in your avatar picture? You been working out?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive. I dare say, you got your money's worth from the auction.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great collection, and that is an awesome story, Bob!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story, brilliant collection!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bob - this is just amazing.
    I LOVE what I see here; thank you so much for sharing!

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Collection!!!!

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow great collection !
    Especially like the My Pretty Pony , i can only dream of owning something like that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast