Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Shannon

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Shannon

Finally, Shannon's Collection Thread!

I have only been collecting since December 2nd, 2010, so don't expect much as of yet ... But I have collected some pretty cool items recently, and I felt it was time to start my own thread. Also, I think it will be interesting to see how my collection will grow and adapt in the coming years, going from one bookshelf (that is ALREADY full, damnit!) to rooms and rooms in my house, lol. I've decided to go with a "start with the first book and include all versions and then onto the next book" layout. I'm not sure how much I like seeing the crappy paperbacks next to the nice hardcovers. Oh, and speaking of which ... I know the older hardcovers aren't in the best condition. But fuck it, I started my collection by buying 100+ Stephen King books for $75 off of Craigslist. I'll upgrade later. OK, enough talk ... Pics of individual items later.

MY STEPHEN KING BOOKSHELF

My bookshelf, as it looks normally:

The two drawers on the bottom hold my (1) Entertainment Weekly King articles and my (2) Castle Rock Newsletters ... until I figure out what I want to do with them ...

Shelves one and two.

Shelves three and four.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Test sucessful.

Now bring forth them pics!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

REMARQUES

The Colorado Kid: UK First Edition (Glenn Chadbourne - Letter P):

The Colorado Kid: UK First Edition (J.K. Potter - Letter P):

The Colorado Kid: UK First Edition (Ed Miller - Letter P):

The Secretary Of Dreams, Volume One: US Proof (Glenn Chadbourne):

The Secretary Of Dreams, Volume Two: US Proof (Glenn Chadbourne):

And ... I shouldn't count this yet ... but it's on its way and I want my thread to look as pretty as possible ...

The Waste Lands: US First Edition (Ned Dameron - Number VI):

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff. I also put my books in order of publication. I guess great minds think alike.
    Are those COLORADO KIDs part of the traycased lettered copies? Are they all remarqued? I have one coming but I thought they used numbers instead of letters, 33 for each artist. I am still a bit confused on those.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

SIGNATURES

Including the signatures on the remarques above, here are the Stephen King and Stephen King-related signatures I have in my collection:

Under The Dome: US Signed Limited Edition (Stephen King):

Insomnia: US Signed Limited Edition (Stephen King, Phil Hale, Arnie Fenner - Number 981):

Legacies: US Signed Limited Edition (EDITOR Richard Chizmar, AUTHORS Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Richard Matheson, David Morrell, Peter Straub, William F. Nolan, George Clayton Johnson (Ray Bradbury and Robert Block did not sign), & ARTISTS Michael Apice, Jill Bauman, Glenn Chadbourne, Alan M. Clark, Stacy Drum, Keith Minnion, Mark Nelson, Phil Parks, Eric Powell, Erik Wilson, Gahan Wilson - Number 480):

Knowing Darkness: US Signed Limited Edition (Jill Bauman, Rick Berry, Thomas Canty, John Cayea, Glenn Chadbourne, Dave Christensen, Kinuko Y. Craft, Ned Dameron, Jason Eckhardt, Les Edwards, Bob Eggleton, Linda Fennimore, Stephen Gervais, Mark Geyer, Phil Hale, David Ho, Allen Koszowski, Don Maitz, Zach McCain, Dave McKean, Alex McVey, John Jude Palencar, David Palladini, John Picacio, J.K. Potter, Don Punchatz, Rowena, Mark Ryden, Douglas Smith, Steven Stroud, Drew Struzan, Michael Whelan, and Bernie Wrightson - Number 109):

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    And ... I shouldn't count this yet ... but it's on its way and I want my thread to look as pretty as possible ...

The Waste Lands: US First Edition (Ned Dameron - Number VI):
    Where did that one come from?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

UNIQUE ITEM

Skeleton Crew: Signed Limited Edition Pre-Publication Package:
    This item was the first thing I posted about when I joined the forum not too long ago. Before I got into Stephen King collecting, I used to buy and sell things online to make a little extra money. Mostly movies, and I used Craigslist to meet my customers. Anyway, while searching Craigslist randomly one day I came across an ad that was selling "a one of a kind Stephen King item" ... Didn't give too much information, so I emailed the woman, she emailed me back and she told me to come check it out, she ran a local bookstore in town. Cool, sounds good to me ... I get there, meet her, very nice person, and then she shows me this BOX of paper. I know only a little bit more now than I did then about the item, but it is ... what appears to be ... a box of paper.

LOL, it looks like the Skeleton Crew manuscripts in various forms of the publication process. There are the book layouts, there are the long-sheeted pages, there are the stories sent out to different editors and then compiled back together again, there is a mini-box of a one-sided complete manuscript, and it came with a framed dustjacket. Included in the package is the story "'Becka Paulson" story, and since that was only included in the Signed Limited Edition, I assume that's what this was for. Below are some pictures. Again, this box of paper is still somewhat of a mystery. But ...I haven't seen anything like it anywhere else. It doesn't appear to have Stephen King's handwriting on it anywhere, but that's OK. So anyway, I bought it from her and she has continued to fuel my King collecting bug ever since.

Best $100 I have ever spent.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Impressive.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That was a REALLY good deal on the Skeleton Crew papers!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, for not having been collecting for a long time, you sure have a lot of cool stuff.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. You made me smile real smiles

More pics to come ... I'm taking a break for a while, going back and forth and back and forth to and from ImageShack is kind of a pain, lol. Adios for now.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, that Skeleton Crew box is definitely a treasure chest. And I liked seeing the autographs from KNOWING DARKNESS. The way they did those was very impressive.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Cool Shannon,

I envy you... You have tossed some serious cash.
    I wish I could do the same.
    Again, Congrats on the stellar Collection.

-Richard

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

The SKELETON CREW box of manuscript, proof reading pages, etc. is a real treasure. You got a good deal. I have no idea what it is worth but definitely worth more than you paid.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, Very Nice stuff you got there!!!!! Impressive to say the least!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great start for a Stephen King Collection. Congrats !!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, that's just a wondeful collection!
    After collecting for half a year I just had one small paperback: King's Carrie.

Looking forwards to seeing more!!

sk

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great collection you´ve got there Shannon !

The Skeleton Crew box looks interesting

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

CASTLE ROCK: THE STEPHEN KING NEWSLETTER

Still missing Volume 5, Issues #1-12 if anyone has any for sale ... Not in a rush, but always looking.

Postcards from the editor Stephanie Leonard to "Leila" ... Thanks Leila!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

KNOWING DARKNESS

Boxes:

Knowing Darkness:

Traycase:

Book:

Large Print Book:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OTHER PICTURES OF INTEREST

I'm not going to bore everyone by posting pictures of each and every book I own, backs, fronts, copyright pages (ooooooooooh aaaaaaaaaah! lol), etc. So, to close out what I have in my current inventory, here are the rest of the pictures of interest, enjoy.

Redrum Ale Beer Label:

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Pop-Up Book:

The Secretary Of Dreams Volumes One And Two: Proofs

Under The Dome: Signed Limited Edition:

Insomnia: Signed Limited Edition:

The Colorado Kid: UK First Edition:

Legacies: Signed Limited Edition:

Odds And Ends:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool collection Shannon.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    OTHER PICTURES OF INTEREST
    I'm not going to bore everyone by posting pictures of each and every book I own,
    Don't know about everyone, but feel free to bore me some more!!!
    Love what I've seen so far!

sk

Banned Ric is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Angry

Great start to what's sure to be a great collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast