Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Shannon

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Shannon, I really love ya, but focus my friend. Save up and get yourself one of the "core" collectibles!!! Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, etc. Trust me, you will be enriched and feel better!!! Nice adds BTW!!!
    Why should that be better? Talking for myself: i can pay hundred dollar for one single core collectible or i can pay hundred dollar for 10 normal King collectibles, then I prefer the last
    I have no interest in S/L's at all (except if they are Dark Tower books of course)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon, I really love ya, but focus my friend. Save up and get yourself one of the "core" collectibles!!! Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, etc. Trust me, you will be enriched and feel better!!!"

See, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, my US first edition subcollection will be complete, AND I'll have all this other cool stuff. For me, I want every edition of every title. And the way I buy, I buy deals. So, again, at the end of the day, the bulk of my collection will be bought on the cheap.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I hear that. If the price is right, I want it in my collection too.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Shannon, I really love ya, but focus my friend. Save up and get yourself one of the "core" collectibles!!! Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, etc. Trust me, you will be enriched and feel better!!!"

See, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, my US first edition subcollection will be complete, AND I'll have all this other cool stuff. For me, I want every edition of every title. And the way I buy, I buy deals. So, again, at the end of the day, the bulk of my collection will be bought on the cheap.
    True, but it will be harder to find the Doubleday books for cheap (I'm assuming you still need a couple of those) so you will most likely keep spending money on other stuff instead. Say that you still need the five Doubledays - if you settle for decent-but-not-perfect copies you should be able to get them all for $1200-1500 (guesstimate). You could have all of them within a year and still be able to spend some money on minor collectibles.

IMO.

But hey, I love looking at your collection thread and seeing all kinds of stuff I never even heard of!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't argue anymore, but....

And look, I'm really not trying to rub your face in it, but other than some of the "Dolso" cases pictured, most distinguished (?) collectors on this site and others already have copies of these and others (I as well). All of which is to say, as Biomeig mentioned, they are not getting cheaper as you go. Nevertheless, it's your collection, your rules. I (we) are just offering advice is all. Best of luck to you!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, I love the Dolso cases, and one day I will add them to my collection. Until then I guess I'll just have to settle for things like purchasing the bulk of the red leather Stephen King Library at $10ish a book.*

*For those that don't know, that's a great price.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Shannon, I really love ya, but focus my friend. Save up and get yourself one of the "core" collectibles!!! Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, etc. Trust me, you will be enriched and feel better!!! Nice adds BTW!!!
    Why should that be better? Talking for myself: i can pay hundred dollar for one single core collectible or i can pay hundred dollar for 10 normal King collectibles, then I prefer the last
    I have no interest in S/L's at all (except if they are Dark Tower books of course)
    With all due respect, where can you get a "Carrie" 1/1 for $100? C'mon. No offense!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I apologize. I was wrong to post here on this subject. Shannon? Nothing but the best to you!!! Good luck!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You're not wrong, we just have different opinions. We all collect different things. If we all collected the same things, we'd be boring.

"With all due respect, where can you get a "CCarrie" 1/1 for $100?"

I think what he means is he'd rather spend lots of money on lots of things than lots of money on one thing. For me, I want everything, so that doesn't apply, lol

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL, yeah those $100 was just an example. I even don't want a 1/1 Carrie

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree with you Shannon. I want everything too, although I know it'll never happen. But when something's available, I grab it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You're not wrong, we just have different opinions. We all collect different things. If we all collected the same things, we'd be boring.

"With all due respect, where can you get a "CCarrie" 1/1 for $100?"

I think what he means is he'd rather spend lots of money on lots of things than lots of money on one thing. For me, I want everything, so that doesn't apply, lol
    I know, just my skewed sense of humor, dude. LOL

Plus, you are absolutely right!!! Sometimes I wonder where I am coming from. Gotta learn to let go for the Lord's sake!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon's New Additions: Timeframe Of April 3rd - 8th, 2013

New Batman graphic novels. Eventually, I will own them all! Ha ha ha!

What? Another Bag of Bones promo phonograph with the DVD booklet? Yep. That makes two.

And, while the BoB phonograph is more valuable and Kingy and cool, it's not my finale pic this time. Just a cool auction I won. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them ... but ... a shitload of Emmy "For Your Consideration" DVDs! Some of these are so well-made, they're ridiculous.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Way cool adds Shannon !!!!
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm impressed...but then again, I'm easily impressed.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, nice adds. !!!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new additions!! Arkham Asylum is a great story!!!
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Country
    Country Flag

Wow Shannon, you really collect everything LOL

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't get me started! My first thought was ... wow, I should collect these (the Emmy DVDs) but then I quickly realized ... NO! For so many reasons, lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Shannon!!! That BOB phonograph should have been mine!!! LOL LOL LOL

In retrospect, though it is so much easier to just put the DVD's on the shelf than to find a place to display the entire Promo package.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon's New Additions: Timeframe Of April 9th - 21st, 2013

I have a lot of stuff on their way to me, I'm a little disappointed that they haven't arrived yet. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to make due.

Had some SK items in my DVD collection that I am officially adding to my SK Collection:

28 Stephen King Red "Leather" Library books. Got a good deal on these, missing eight books to complete the set. Soon!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks good! I've always liked the way all the red leather books look when they are side by side. I think they may remind me of the old encyclopedia sets that I loved so much growing up.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice set, Shannon!!

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!! A very fragile set.
    "I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." ♤Sam Spade ♤

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant new adds Shannon
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast