Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I also just noticed that boards are printed to look just like the dust jacket.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

I'd really like to pick up a copy of THE COMPLETE MARTIAN CHRONICLES that Simon posted.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, those are some truly wonderful looking books!!!! Great stories as well!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Heres a sweet new limited i just picked up

Beautiful book out of the wraps, the only problem is that the black cloth exterior can get smudged up pretty quick if your not careful. Kind of takes the joy out of Holding the book.
    Can someone help me with this? I just acquired a PC copy but know nothing about this book. I collect Joe Hill, and that is how I came about getting this copy, but as he writes an intro, he is a tiny part of this books desire.

I saw the PS item page, but it says "sold out" instead of the price, and I can't find anything on the secondary except for Amazon and Abe, which both list a single copy for $1k.

Can anyone help with an original cost, and possible value?

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see it on the Subterranean Press site: http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mer...ode=bradbury09 but no price. If no one can answer the original price, I suggest you contact PS.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Lord, he has some wonderfully produced Limited's, but tell me, would any of you out there actually "lick" a signed book by "Bradbury"?

Have to admit. I kinda have a special place in my heart for this video!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post

Can someone help me with this? I just acquired a PC copy but know nothing about this book. I collect Joe Hill, and that is how I came about getting this copy, but as he writes an intro, he is a tiny part of this books desire.

I saw the PS item page, but it says "sold out" instead of the price, and I can't find anything on the secondary except for Amazon and Abe, which both list a single copy for $1k.

Can anyone help with an original cost, and possible value?

Quote from the original announcement sent by SubPress, Feb 15, 2009

We realize that many customers were burned by the publisher who announced this project, so until February 20, 2009, we're offering the numbered edition at the special price of $225, a full $75 off the regular price.

Limited: 500 signed numbered copies: $225

Lettered: 26 signed, deluxe bound copies, housed in a custom traycase: $900

Karl

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info!

If anyone is looking for a copy, shoot me a PM.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL 2 (UNFILMED)

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

FAHRENHEIT 451 SCREENPLAY REPRINT GERMAN 1982 (SIGNED)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Ray Bradbury Feuersäule
    limited 15+20/250 signed by Ray Bradbury and Lillian Mousli.
    PUBLISHER: EDITION PHANTASIA
    Only the first 50 of the 250 are signed.

Normal is the blue signatur from Ray Bradbury, now i found this red one.

Stories:
    Kulissen in der Nacht (The Night Sets), Copyright (C) 1947
    Das schwarze Riesenrad (The Black Ferris), Copyright (C) 1948
    Der See (The Lake), Copyright (C) 1944
    Die Lächelnden (The Smiling People), Copyright (C) 1946
    Das Wiedersehen (Reunion), Copyright (C) 1944
    Die Nacht (The Night), Copyright (C) 1946
    Der Mann oben (The Man Upstairs), Copyright (C) 1947
    Spielen wir "Gift" (Let's play "Poison"), Copyright (C) 1946
    Die Muschel (The Sea Shell), Copyright (C) 1944
    Die Zisterne (The Cistern), Copyright (C) 1947
    Feuersäule (Pillar of Fire), Copyright (C) 1948

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gauntlet Press will release SHADOW SHOW, an anthology in celebration of Ray Bradbury

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...age=ShadowShow

Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury

Edited by Mort Castle and Sam Weller
    Set for publication Summer 2012
    NO PAYPAL PAYMENTS FOR THIS TITLE

Under a joint imprint, Gauntlet Press and Borderlands Press will publish a limited, signed, and numbered edition of SHADOW SHOW a tribute anthology to celebrate the career of Ray Bradbury. In SHADOW SHOW, editors Sam Weller and Mort Castle have assembled short stories from 26 of the most celebrated authors today to honor Ray and his contribution to the literary canon. Also included is an Introduction in the form of a personal essay "Second Homecoming", written by Ray Bradbury, specifically for for the book.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Sam Weller and Mort Castle - Introduction
    Ray Bradbury - Second Homecoming
    Neil Gaiman - The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury
    Margaret Atwood - Headlife
    Jay Bonansinga - Heavy
    Sam Weller - The Girl In The Funeral Parlor
    David Morrell - The Companions
    Thomas F. Monteleone - The Exchange
    Lee Martin - Cat on a Bad Couch
    Joe Hill - By The Silver Water Of Lake Champlain
    Dan Chaon - Little America
    John McNally - The Phone Call
    Joe Meno - Young Pilgrims
    Robert McCammon - Children Of The Bedtime Machine
    Ramsey Campbell - The Page
    Mort Castle - Light
    Alice Hoffman - Conjure
    John Maclay - Max
    Jacqueline Mitchard - Two Of A Kind
    Gary Braunbeck - Fat Man And Little Boy
    Bonnie Jo Campbell - The Tattoo
    Audrey Niffenegger - Backwards In Seville
    Charles Yu - Earth: (A Gift Shop)
    Julia Keller - Hayleigh's Dad
    Dave Eggers - Who Knocks?
    Bayo Ojikutu - Reservation 2020
    Kelly Link - Two Houses
    Harlan Ellison - Weariness

The lettered will be signed by Ray that contributed to this book
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there ever will be a truly complete collection of Bradbury's short stories.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the Kent State University Press three-volume edition is the answer:

http://www.kentstateuniversitypress....-ray-bradbury/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My alma mater!
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody have this edition? I'm thinking of getting it. Reading up on it, it sounds like the plan is for the definitive collection of Ray's stories.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Gauntlet Press will release SHADOW SHOW, an anthology in celebration of Ray Bradbury

http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin...age=ShadowShow

Shadow Show: All New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury

Edited by Mort Castle and Sam Weller
    Set for publication Summer 2012

The lettered will be signed by Ray that contributed to this book
    Lettered sold out!

Actually snagged the last copy according to Barry.
    Really didn't think this one would sell out this quickly.

Karl

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter will become famous soon enough goathunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Today was the release day for Shadow Show: All-New Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury, which includes a brand-new Robert McCammon story, "Children of the Bedtime Machine", plus stories from Bradbury, Ellison, Gaiman, Hill, and many others.

In the crappy photo below, you can see the ARCs for the HarperCollins trade paperback and Gauntlet Press editions, the final HarperCollins book, and the trade paperback edition of Illustrated Masques, which features a graphic adaptation of Robert McCammon's "Nightcrawlers".

Yes, three of those books are encased in plastic....

And here is the Book-of-the-Month Club hardcover edition:

Hunter

Traveler artman225 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default Envious!

I can't tell you how jealous I am of seeing all these books. It's great to actually see other collectors because we tend to be a secretive, reclusive bunch. I've been a book collector for several years now, at first amassing a random collection of books, then young adult novels, but I'm just now beginning to fiercely collect Bradbury. I'm going after the first editions of everything he's ever written (including all the short stories!). I know this is a daunting task, and will take me many years to complete (if ever such a thing happens. haha), but I feel the need to do this! I've already managed to get my hands on a couple of the Galaxy magazines where 'The Fireman" (precursor to Fahrenheit 451) was published as well as a first edition/printing of the Ballantine pb edition of 451 and a couple of other signed books and first editions. I will post pictures if anyone is interested in seeing.

Country
    Country Flag

This was one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Artman, please post the pictures. We all want to see them!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I've only got a couple so far, but I think I'm off to a good start.
    Here I have the true first edition, first printing of Fahrenheit 451: The 1953 paperback edition, which was published a couple of weeks before the hardcover edition.
    I also have two copies of Galaxy February 1951, in which "The Fireman", precursor to Fahrenheit 451, appears.
    Also pictured is a signed first edition of Bradbury Speaks, as well as a signed arc for "Quicker than the Eye". I also have a signed paperback edition of 451 and a copy of Weird Tales, which contains The Interim, but it's in pretty bad shape.
    I am actively seeking to acquire more Bradbury works - signed and unsigned. I'm looking for the very first editions of everything, specifically when his short stories were published in magazines. If you're looking to get rid of them...... haha But why would anyone want to get rid of Bradbury. I just can't express how much I love his works, but I'm sure you all have a pretty good idea of how I feel.
    Last edited by artman225; 08-04-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: removing a link

Country
    Country Flag

Oops! I don't think I posted those images correctly. Let's see if this works. If it does, I'll post the rest of them.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps you guys can help me while we wait on the moderator to approve my posts. I was reading The Martian Chronicles, and on the back of it, it mentioned that Bradbury was one of the few writers whose fiction had appeared in Life magazine. Do you know what story that was? I've looked all over the internet, but I can't find any reference to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast