Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2026

Thread: 11/22/63 Collecting Discussion

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You make some very valid points, and I'm certainly no "Expert", but from what I understand the S&S S/L will be little more than a "Signed copy" which, he is on a book signing tour for. Like I said, I am by no means and expert, just a humble collector, but it doesn't seem all that special. Although there is no disputing that there is an 850 edition limitation.

Said limitation won't even be declared in the book, right?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just entered myself at my parent's address and my girlfriend at our address. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I never win anything. If I win, that would be nice.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtSeattle View Post
    Did anyone else get emails? There were a lot more than 2 people that are in the proverbial queue for the S/L S&S edition from Tuesday. I still don't have an email and I have the Order Confirmation and everything, so I'm hoping there isn't a mistake with mine. sigh....
    The status of mine still says pending and I haven't gotten any email since ordering.
    Same here.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i was able to buy 75 copies, but still no 2nd email... just kiddinng! about the 75 copies...i really don't have a 2nd email still...grrrrr!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

i was able to buy 75 copies, but still no 2nd email... just kiddinng! about the 75 copies...i really don't have a 2nd email still...grrrrr!

You, you HACKER!!!!! LOL LOL J/K LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get an uncorrected proof of the H&S version and this S&S limited is going to sit nicely next to it's older brother from another mother.

edit: Merlin, no way! everyone was all excited when they could order while nobody else in the world could. how quickly things change now that you've used me and don't need meeeeeeeee! waaaaaa! haha!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

edit: Merlin, no way! everyone was all excited when they could order while nobody else in the world could. how quickly things change now that you've used me and don't need meeeeeeeee! waaaaaa! haha!
    Nah, hey I still love you Curt, just not in the way you think I do!!!! LOL LOL LOL

You are 'The man with the plan"!!!!

On the other hand, Alan_G may want to meet ya!!!! LOL He's the one getting the S/L LOL And BTW.

Disclaimer:

Spoiler:
    J/K. All meant in good fun and wise-cracking!!!! No offense meant or intended to any and all parties!!!! I am after all, the kinder, gentler and much more tolerant of others opinions and lifestyles, Merlin1958

You know, it's funny, but even though I bought this for an Euro-member, I couldn't help but get caught up in the whole business, good and bad, even though the book will ultimately go to another. I guess I feel like a surrogate of sorts. I am so glad I could help out a fellow member, with folks like 'Curt's" help, at the risk of being redundant, this is just such a rocking community!!!!!!! You, I, WE, all rock!!!!! Each of you all participating should really turn around and pat yourself on the back!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You make some very valid points, and I'm certainly no "Expert", but from what I understand the S&S S/L will be little more than a "Signed copy" which, he is on a book signing tour for. Like I said, I am by no means and expert, just a humble collector, but it doesn't seem all that special. Although there is no disputing that there is an 850 edition limitation.

Said limitation won't even be declared in the book, right?
    I tend to agree with you, Bill.

My gut feeling (no research whatsoever) is that prices (not asking prices, but actual sales prices) for this book's 'signed limited' and 'book tour-signed 1st edition' prices will settle out in the same range as the Simon & Schuster-produced UNDER THE DOME. What are those two selling for now?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

For those of you that have been following this saga this should make you laugh (or cry)

UPS just delivered the TRADE edition from S&S. The same one I had canceled and received an e mail confirmation that the order was cancelled.
    Oh - and even better my AMEX charge for this edition is still showing pending (so is the SL charge).

These guys are really on top of their game. They're so competent they probably cancelled the signed edition instead of the trade edition.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    For those of you that have been following this saga this should make you laugh (or cry)

UPS just delivered the TRADE edition from S&S. The same one I had canceled and received an e mail confirmation that the order was cancelled.
    Oh - and even better my AMEX charge for this edition is still showing pending (so is the SL charge).

These guys are really on top of their game. They're so competent they probably cancelled the signed edition instead of the trade edition.
    OMG!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Those morans [see morans meme].

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

My guess is the email john and I received is for those who did not get the original e mail confirmation when the orders were placed
    75 copies huh? Good luck with that

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My guess is the email john and I received is for those who did not get the original e mail confirmation when the orders were placed
    75 copies huh? Good luck with that
    Ahhh, throw him a bone, TN. He was the one who helped a bunch of us get an order in. If you were "outside the USA" I woulda helped you out. LOL Beside's, he was J/K!!!

As it is, I have my name in the drawing and am open to getting one for others. It's just "who I am". No problem at all, and best of luck.

"Do unto others..................and all that stuff!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to get an uncorrected proof of the H&S version and this S&S limited is going to sit nicely next to it's older brother from another mother.
    Curt, just curious. Did the H&S proof you got have the "Embargoed" statement on each page or not?

John

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i won something Once, but to be honest, i entered a couple of times. it was allowed. & that was on the "TCM" website for the film 'Casablanca' dvd
    it was a contest a few years back & when it showed up in the mail. i about shit myself from shock that i actually WON! this was before Blu-Ray came out actually.

anways i bought "SK" new one today though i yet have to pick it up & start it. i also bought a copy for my brother as well. it was at "Sam's Club"

they had it for $19.00 bucks though that's more than it normally would be. but to be fair the book is i think $35.00 regular price so that is half off. so i can't really complain about it ya know? anyways i picked him up a copy to give him for X-Mas. has anyone started this one yet? & if so how is so far?

Country
    Country Flag

My H&S proof of the H&S version does NOT have that embargo tattoo on every page. That's better, right? Only marks I want on my books are Mr. King's siggy.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Did anyone else get emails? There were a lot more than 2 people that are in the proverbial queue for the S/L S&S edition from Tuesday. I still don't have an email and I have the Order Confirmation and everything, so I'm hoping there isn't a mistake with mine. sigh....
    The status of mine still says pending and I haven't gotten any email since ordering.
    Same here.
    Me too.

PS: Good to see you Gretchen!.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I also have not recieved a second e-mail......my original e-mail still says status OK.
    I feel confident I'll recieve it.
    Just for back-up I submitted two entries in the lottery......

I only want to purchase one copy

Brian

Traveler rand53119 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't received any emails from S&S, not even when the order was placed. My order is still out there on their site in an OK status placed on 11/08 at 11:16am ET. Pending charge for my CC on Tue, nothing actually went through, pending charge gone. I called Thu and they assured me my order was in good standing and no need to enter the lottery. I hope it happens but am concerned. There is way to much confusion going on in this process.

Doug

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My H&S proof of the H&S version does NOT have that embargo tattoo on every page. That's better, right? Only marks I want on my books are Mr. King's siggy.
    Thanks!

John

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

can anyone enter a lottery for me?
    please?
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweapon View Post
    Been watching this develop from afar, and it's frustrating me even though I'm not allowed to get one (being an alien and all)!

Just glad my Hodder limited turned up today (if you're wondering, it's just the same style & production values of the Hodder/Waterstone's limited JUST AFTER SUNSET - there's inflation for you).

Anyway, hope to post here more often among fellow collectors, just thought I'd say hello.
    8)
    I know what you mean, Dw: I'm not even that much of a collector (at least, of King novels, anyway), but I am appalled at the shockingly bad service that's being given to the people who are (in theory) able to buy this book. Seriously, what I've been reading the past few pages has been absolutely stupid and appalling of S&S, and it's a shame for our fellow Tower junkies to be treated in such a fashion. "Lottery"? For paying customers? Seriously?

Oh, and from one Brit to another: welcome aboard!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

TODAY... i become from amazon.de the mail that itīs not possible to deliver the
    S&S sig lim 11.22.63 I informed them, they have no idea about the S&S sig lim.
    The S&S sig lim is still on amazon.de available

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineB View Post
    Still trying to wrap my head around this ridiculous order procedure. I wonder what pinhead came up with this lottery???

Tempted to blast Ms. Mod at SKMB about this in the hopes that Steve-O hears about it, but she's too nice a lady to lash out at.
    Leave Ms. Mod be on this, she is at her whits end with this stuff at this point, to the point where she is damning all S/L's. Which I understand due to the fiasco's that tend to surround their launches that she has to deal with.
    Geez, I specifically posted that I had no intention of doing that for the stated reason.
    Sorry Merlin, didn't mean to jump on you, was just relaying infromation about her state of mind on this stubject. Please forgive any snipppyness that may have been translated wrongly through the medium of the typed word.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweapon View Post
    Been watching this develop from afar, and it's frustrating me even though I'm not allowed to get one (being an alien and all)!

Just glad my Hodder limited turned up today (if you're wondering, it's just the same style & production values of the Hodder/Waterstone's limited JUST AFTER SUNSET - there's inflation for you).

Anyway, hope to post here more often among fellow collectors, just thought I'd say hello.
    8)
    Welcome Dreamweapon we look forward to hearing more from you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast