Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Worst S/L or Collectible Item Ever?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I have a feeling the new "IT" will be going to the number one spot with a bullet!!
    It's going to have to go quite a long way to best the s/l Stand.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Betts "House Next Door" is the worst. Almost no content from King, and aside from King's signature it is an ugly orphan. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...he+-+S+L+Betts

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have a feeling the new "IT" will be going to the number one spot with a bullet!!

John
    Neither can touch the 'Salem's Lot deluxe limited!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    Neither can touch the 'Salem's Lot deluxe limited!
    AGREED

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. But this thread is about the worst, not the best. The best would likely be discussed in the
    Your Personal Collectible-Top-X-List

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry RF.....my bad.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Sorry RF.....my bad.

All hugs, I just hate to even hear
    Spoiler:
    Redacted
    etc. even mentioned in this thread..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Sorry RF.....my bad.

All hugs, I just hate to even hear The Stand, 'Salem's Lot etc. even mentioned in this thread..
    And then you go and mention them!!! LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    For Shame, El Jefe!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Redacted.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Redacted.
    LOL Good form, El Jefe!!!! Good form!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

But you quoted him Bill so the redacted books are still in the thread. LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha, can't redact it once quoted!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    But you quoted him Bill so the redacted books are still in the thread. LOL
    That's on him, not me!!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Betts "House Next Door" is the worst. Almost no content from King, and aside from King's signature it is an ugly orphan. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...he+-+S+L+Betts
    I have the lettered hardbound calfskin release of this title. The only lettered King signature I own. So it has a warm spot in my heart. But I agree the paperback is not much to speak of. I have no desire to own it.

I think this title really struck a nerve with King and that's why he agreed to sign it. He sure mentions it a lot (and very favorably) in Danse Macabre. One of these days I'll actually have to read it!

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I'd say Under the Dome is the worse of the two. I like the DJ and pictorial boards of 11/22/63, so it differs from the regular trade. More so than UTD did.
    I know this is an old thread but I just came across it! I was very disappointed with UTD when I received my copy. The announcement for it said it would have a tray case and a special biding. It has been awhile but I believe they made it sound like it would be different from the gift edition, then when it arrived it was the gift edition with a signature sheet! I guess they screwed around and ran out of time. The 11/22/63 edition which I, like a lot of others, got screwed on and still have not picked up. This one reminds me of a per abound library book or a text book, which I think is kind of disappointing as well. Of course that is just a disappointment due to not liking the design, $150.00 was about right for it!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't around for UtD, but I thought the announcement said it would have a "stamped case". I think a lot of people assumed that meant slipcase or traycase, but the "case" of a hardcover book is made up of the boards and spine. I have 11/22/63, and I think it's far from the worst S/L I've ever seen. In particular, the fold-out dust jacket is worth a few extra points.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I wasn't around for UtD, but I thought the announcement said it would have a "stamped case". I think a lot of people assumed that meant slipcase or traycase, but the "case" of a hardcover book is made up of the boards and spine. I have 11/22/63, and I think it's far from the worst S/L I've ever seen. In particular, the fold-out dust jacket is worth a few extra points.
    The "Stamped Case" comment; It's the case the limited edition character cards are housed in.

As for 11/22/63...... I think the jacket did put that one over the top. Yes, it would have been nice for a tipped in limitation page, but if you married the limited with one of Thomas's 11/22/63 case, it stands out in my closet very nicely. When I show people the book and case, it still brings on the wow factor to the spectator.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    The "Stamped Case" comment; It's the case the limited edition character cards are housed in.

As for 11/22/63...... I think the jacket did put that one over the top. Yes, it would have been nice for a tipped in limitation page, but if you married the limited with one of Thomas's 11/22/63 case, it stands out in my closet very nicely. When I show people the book and case, it still brings on the wow factor to the spectator.

Mulleins
    I haven't seen a copy yet other than pictures. Is there no limitation sheet, not even a plank sheet of paper like UTD? If not where is it signed?

Ken

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Robert and Caretaker. Either of you guys have confirmation that that was what they were talking about?

Ken

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

For 11/22/63, the signature is on a blank page.

Unless Ralph has an official confirmation about the box the cards come in, I'm pretty sure that the "stamped case" refers to the fact that the front board has a dog stamped (reverse embossed?) on it::

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Unless Ralph has an official confirmation about the box the cards come in, I'm pretty sure that the "stamped case" refers to the fact that the front board has a dog stamped (reverse embossed?) on it::

This is true. I contacted the publisher because I had expected a slipcase and was told that the "case" or boards were stamped with that dog.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

This is true. I contacted the publisher because I had expected a slipcase and was told that the "case" or boards were stamped with that dog.
    I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who was expecting a slipcase or traycase.

Ken

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

No official notice....I've just never heard of book "boards" called "case" before. So I guess I shouldn't assume the stamped case holding the cards is what the publisher is calling the stamped case.

I actually forgot the stamped fido on the front.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Case: The cover of a book that consists of two boards, an inlay, and covering material. In a commercial bindery, the case is usually made separately from the text block and later attached to the text block later in a step called casing-in. (LBI Standard, Glossary, p.13)
    (Source: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/preserve/binding/glossary.htm)

And now you know (and knowing is half the battle.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast