Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Movies

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For Laughs:

"Christmas Story"
    "Christmas Vacation"

For Tear-Jerking, Holiday spirit, No matter what your circumstances:

Any Telling of "A Christmas Carol"
    "A Wonderful Life"

Honorable Mention to:

"A Miracle on 34th St"

Dickens 'A Christmas Carol", to me at least, is far and away the best!!!!!!

Gets me every time!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Wizard of oz. Always reminds me of christmas, the bbc used to show it every single year (back when we only had 3 channels )

Proper christmas films, i love (probabley the only one) but i love Scrooged.
    I also loved the UK modern version of a christmas carol staring ross kemp (set on a tough housing estate)

Of course Its a Wonderful life features on my list too, how much more christmassy can you get???

and finally for chuckles you cant beat the Santa Clause
    My mom is so with you on the Wizard of Oz thing! She didn't even get to see it every year because her dad usually wanted the television. I think it was the first thing she bought when VHS happened.

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is my favorite! Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (original), A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version), A Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooge (musical), The Santa Clause, Home Alone 1 and 2, Love Actually and Elf (one of only 2 movies I can stand Will Farrell in) are all great, but I have trouble fitting them all in. A Christmas Story is good, but someone in my family is always watching it so I get sick of it pretty fast. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and Frosty are good nostalgia ones, I don't see them much though.

I love this thread, it's making me remember all the movies I need to watch!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Badder Santa, Fred Claus and another one I cant think of
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite, also like Bad Santa
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgot about Polar Express, that was another good recent one.

Has anyone else seen the 2009 A Christmas Carol? I thought that it was the truest to Dickens's story. Quite dark for a Disney Movie....I loved it.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Die Hard.

I don't care what my sister says, Die Hard is a Christmas movie. In more traditional terms, I would say Home Alone.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Movies
    It’s a Wonderful Life, WHITE CHRISTMAS, Night Before Christmas, Little Lord Fauntleroy (Alec Guinness+Ricky Schroder), Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel

And silvester: Dinner for One . In Germany on air since 1963

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Die Hard is totally a Christmas movie, and i love it
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah Gremlins!
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Vacation is the only must-see movie for us on Christmas.

I've never been able to watch A Christmas Story without changing the channel

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the cartoon version of The Grinch. I look forward to it every year. It's not really a "movie" since it is only 30 minutes long but it's not Christmas to me without it.

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Cartoon version of The Grinch is the only version in my mind.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    Cartoon version of The Grinch is the only version in my mind.
    Me, too. (Well, that and the book.)

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here, the movie scared my kids

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Same here, the movie scared my kids
    & not in a good way like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Oh yeah Gremlins!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably my fave Christmas movie is "The Long Kiss Goodnight". It is also definitely in my top five fave movies EVER!

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

My top two Christmas movies are old school classics -- White Christmas and Holiday Inn.
    My other favorites are Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, and Elf.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have yet to watch Elf this here. I'll have to remedy that soon!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

rankin bass. all of them.
    die hard
    chrsitmas story
    christmas vacation
    scrooged
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Christmas Story, Original Grinch, Veggitales Its a meaningful life, Rudolph and the island of misfit toys

Oh and White Christmas

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Has anyone else seen the version of a Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart as Scrooge? I quite like him in that role!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Patrick Stewart is great ... in anything.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick Stewart could read a phonebook and still make it intriguing

Nightmare Before Christmas, just saying
    If you love me then love me..

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by educatedlady View Post
    My top two Christmas movies are old school classics -- White Christmas and Holiday Inn.
    Oh, I forgot all about Holiday Inn! What a great film.

And for some reason I always associate A Nightmare Before Christmas with Halloween instead of Christmas.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Patrick Stewart is great ... in anything.
    Second...........I really have a thing for bald men and it's a double with him..........that voice is too much!!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast