Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: herbertwest

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice additions! It looks like you have been having some good luck getting your books signed.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recieved a signed copy of a book that will be available in 2 weeks. Recieved it directly from the author.
    The next book from the author that was on stage with Stephen King in Paris. The literal translation of the title is : "thy will be done", and the dedication says :
    "To Jeremy Guerineau, thy will be done, my story the most inspired by Stephen King! Impatient to have your opinion. Friendly."

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Out of curiosity, what kind of books does the author write?
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Country
    Country Flag

Murders / thrillers.
    The underlying theme of his previous book was the spreading of violence and of evil within society. What if evil was contagious?

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Murders / thrillers.
    The underlying theme of his previous book was the spreading of violence and of evil within society. What if evil was contagious?
    OK, thanks for the info. My kind of subject matter; I wonder if they'll ever do English versions...

Country
    Country Flag

It's always complicated, because usually, litterature is english > other languages, and very rarely foreign language > english.
    Which means that before even promoting the book, the publisher has translation cost, while for an english novelist, the publisher can already promote with this budget.

I believe that only one of his novels has been translated, and one that is different from his recent work, and definitely not his best one. He once told me that the sales in the UK were OK (like 70 000 copies), but were low for US standards and therefore the publisher decided not to continue.

According to wikipedia, some of his books has been translated to german & italian
    His only english book
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/The-Cairo-Diar.../dp/033045191X

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I see the challenge. Makes you wonder how many good foreign authors don't get a shot here like Stieg Larsson did...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jeremy, for me it was a surprice to see there are several books from Maxime Chattam in German...

http://www.amazon.de/Maxime-Chattam/e/B0045A22AC

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED "Die Teufelsformel" : one of the first I read.
    "Bestie" is terribly good, but it's very gory !
    "Die Gaia-Hypothese" was quite good too.

I havent read any of his "Other world" books.
    His last 2 books published in France were extremely good, and were playing with some underlying themes, but I dont think that they are available yet in german.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Yeah, I see the challenge. Makes you wonder how many good foreign authors don't get a shot here like Stieg Larsson did...
    THere are also a few other spanish authors that get translated. But then there is a whole hispano-world in the USA.
    It sometimes bugs me that publishers would not necessarily give a chance to some foreign authors. I mean, I am a huge fan of Bernard Werber, which is french. Only his first book was translated into english (Empire of the ants), but it isn't his best book.
    Why not giving him another chance and publish his other books, WHEN his other books are best sellers in Korea & Russia for instance, where he is considered as a superstar?
    For me, if someone is selling millions of copies, it should be intriguing, especially when the author writes about universal themes...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice acquisitions, Jeremy!! A very happy holiday to you and yours as well!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    According to wikipedia, some of his books has been translated to german & italian
    His only english book
    >>> http://www.amazon.com/The-Cairo-Diar.../dp/033045191X
    there are some polish books too (at least 6 or 7)
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Country
    Country Flag

The french translation of MR MERCEDES will be released on wednesday, and today I recieved the book in two status (the final version and a proof).

I must admit that I am a bit surprised by this proof, printed in january, since I know that the author that was on stage with King in Paris got a proof of the same book by christmas, therefore printed in december. This is the second time that it seem to me that there are two status of french proof.
    The other time was a few months ago when someone shared with me a picture of a french proof of JOYLAND that was different from mine as had (what seemed to be a random picture) on it, which, at first I thought was for hiding contact details...

NB: the books are of the same size. It doesnt look that way, but it is just an illusion. However, the height of the book is different, despite the same number of pages. I guess that the final version has a thicker paper...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting to see a proofs of the French edition.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Mr. Mercedes proof Jeremy.

In Germany for a longer time the Publishers no more made
    SK Leseexemplar/proofs.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope that the french pubisher will continue to do so. But to be honnest, I was wondering if I was going to get one or not since I've seen a proof copy being recieved before christmas and a proof copy being recieved a few days prior to publication seem kind of pointless to me (but I still want it :p )

Country
    Country Flag

I follow closely two authors (Steve and the french Bernard Werber). I Have done extensive bibliographic researches about the later : he had been a scientific journalist for over 7 years and I hunted every single essay he wrote at that time. So it's always nice when, every so often I find something that I didnt know from him (short stories, essays, excerpts...)

Last week I found, accidentally, an advertising on which I couldnt help but notice that it was mentionning a pre-publication of his first graphic novel in a french magazine. So I couldnt help by hunting those, today, at the french national library. In the end, I found the whole graphic novel (45 pages), published 1 page per day, a few months prior to the actual publication !

I think that this is a sort of "heritage" from Rocky Wood & Justin Brooks bibliographic work and researches that led me to do a similar thing for this author !

Country
    Country Flag

And after years of searching a 1st / 1st of Bernard Werber's first book, I managed to find one, for less than a tener !

1st print, february 1991, one out of 20,000 printed copies, and quite a very fine copy !
    I'll try to get it signed next month !

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent! Congratulations Jeremy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

Country
    Country Flag

Good for you, congrats, Jeremy!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jeremy. I hope you get it signed.

Country
    Country Flag

I will probably get it signed, eventually. I know the author quite well as I meet him regularly : he invited me a few times at his place to give me some proof copies / loose pages of his books, and chatting a bit.
    One thing that i quite like as well, is that he usually doodle his books : usually a character of his books (ants, trees, angels, people, etc)

So I am confident that it's more a question of when, than IF I get it signed

His next book gets release next week, so I will also have that one to get signed !

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool! I love that some authors are so cool to their fans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast