Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Cronin Spoilers!!!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i understand what you mean about the change between book one and two, it was the rare example of a large novel divided into "books" where it really felt like two seperate books

not sure why it wasn't just split into those two books as then it would have been less jarring but still, it's a minor quibble
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    i understand what you mean about the change between book one and two, it was the rare example of a large novel divided into "books" where it really felt like two seperate books

not sure why it wasn't just split into those two books as then it would have been less jarring but still, it's a minor quibble
    I agree. It just all of a sudden "slowed up" but in the long run that was cool, I guess.......
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I do have to say I would like to have read more about the time between the teo books as it were. To jump there was quite sudden, and I was building myself up for more of where the story was before the jump...

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I have stayed out of this thread until I finished the book... which I just did last night! I LOVED IT!

(and I actually loved the ending, I know most people here hated it)

a question... and I don't think it needs spoiler tags... what happened to ZERO? Did I miss what happened there?

Spoiler:
    and I think Sara and crew are gone... I loved how you just look down at the end of the transcript and see the word "MASSACRE"... Very chilling!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The following books are going to overlay the timeline to a certain extent.

Gunslinger Apprentice iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob will become famous soon enough iowabob's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    what happened to ZERO? Did I miss what happened there?

Spoiler:
    and I think Sara and crew are gone... I loved how you just look down at the end of the transcript and see the word "MASSACRE"... Very chilling!
    Last night at the signing in Huntington Beach, Mr. Cronin said that Zero would be a key character in "The Twelve." Hopefully we'll learn more when the book is published.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Oh! OK... because he kind of disappeared after the you-know-what happened in the you-know-what

I kind of think Carter will be a strong influence in the next books as well because
    Spoiler:
    he is different from the others.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Forget to post some pics here...

From the signed limited PC Remarqued The Passage series:

Signed and remarqued from Jill Bauman
    Last edited by Stockerlone; 06-06-2012 at 01:14 AM.

When is the next one coming out???

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    When is the next one coming out???

CD is/was taking orders. Later this year.

http://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchan...w=&range_high=
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Cronin was at BEA signing copies of the ARC yesterday.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

thought this was cool.
    the supergang
    http://www.amazon.com/Der-%C3%9Cberg...82217&sr=1-6#_

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

anyone wann sell me an arc proof of the passage or the twelve???
    pretty please

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by AIMB View Post
    I really liked the book, I cheated and listened to it on Audiobook.
    Listening to the audiobook isn't cheating.

I am intrigued by this book, but I have one question. Is it depressing like The Road which it has been compared to?
    It sounds like a mix between I am Legend and Swan Song.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

I am intrigued by this book, but I have one question. Is it depressing like The Road which it has been compared to?
    I think it is better than all three. It didnt leave any hollow feel at the end like some books do. Fantastic novel!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

I think it is better than all three. It didnt leave any hollow feel at the end like some books do. Fantastic novel!
    I have only read I Am Legend of those three, but agree that The Passage is a great book. Not depressing. I am very much looking forward to The Twelve and already have the CD S/L on order along with a UK S/L on order.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Audio books aren't cheating. It actually takes longer to listen to a book than to read it.

I really liked The Passage. I was a little surprised by the suddedn drop in action when it switches to future but it picks up pretty fast again. I'm excited about The Twelve.

I didn't think it was better than Swan Song. It's a great book but not quite as great as SS IMO.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasnt impressed by Swan song. Gotta be honest. I was expecting a lot more.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Audio books aren't cheating. It actually takes longer to listen to a book than to read it.
    Nah, fast forward button.

Listening to audiobooks isn't cheating, BUT it also isn't reading. I'm gonna' have to insist that y'all keep your audiobooks out of your reading lists.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Also when im reading i will sometimes hear the voice so to speak, like a southern or english accent, or whatnot. If its being read to me i dont develope the characters my own way. Its more like watching TV.
    Just my opinion.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like both. Sometimes I prefer audio books (Hyperion, SUPERB audio with multiple actors), sometimes I hate it (Lisey`s Story)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree! I do like a good audiobook and love love love when King reads his own stuff, but otherwise it's like someone else's adaption as opposed to the adaption my own mind would make.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

SOME audiobook orators really do an amazing job with changing their voice and some of the BBC stuff (Lord of the Rings and I think they did Salem's Lot) is multiple actored with sound effects and whatnot which is cool but I think they are "abridged" with the multiple actors.

I still think reading the book is better, but for long commutes to work or for work, the audiobook really shines....instead of or supplemental to the book so you don't have to stop the story when heading to work. I've found myself sitting in my car waiting for the "good part" to end before going in. hahahaha!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

I have only read I Am Legend of those three, but agree that The Passage is a great book. Not depressing. I am very much looking forward to The Twelve and already have the CD S/L on order along with a UK S/L on order.
    What UK S/L?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast