Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classic Collectibles

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Classic Collectibles

I posted this thread for pictures of older collectibles. Authors who published prior to 1960, but really any collectibles from what the Academics would call the "Classic's".

You've all probably seen my LOTR and The Hobbit books before, but I was thinking more like 1/1 written by Twain, Salinger, Stoker, Shelley or Poe. To name a few. Stuff like that. Anybody?

These are the "Oldest" books I own anyone else got some dusty treasures?
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 01-30-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

One of the ´classical´ Classic´s.

Jules Verne
    In 80 Tagen um die Erde / Around the World in Eighty Days
    Publisher: Meidingers Jugendschriften 1924

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool, Frank!!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Not much on the old book front. Just a couple to share and I don't know that I'd call them collectibles.

This book belonged to a friend of my great great uncle who passed it on to my uncle and then to my family. It's called Why Winners Win and it is a sports psychology book. It was published in 1927.

These are the oldest I have. Volumes 1 and 2 of the Manual of the Holy Catholic Church, published 1906. My grandpa found these in the attic of a house he was refurbishing. They are in pretty good shape for being 100+ years old.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

here are a few books from a signed limited set i have of Kipling classics.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Ray Bradbury is awesome, Bruce.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that's some awesome collectibles!!!

Thanks guys!!! Much appreciated!!! Really cool stuff!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY I TOOK IT DOWN....... 1962

Spoiler:

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

No problemo!

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a classic at all but interesting I think.

This book belonged to, and was signed by, Augusta Le Vicomte Richardson-Brady, Countess Castlestewart...wife of Henry James Stuart-Richardson, 5th Earl Castle-Stewart. The book is 'Robert The Bruce and the struggle for Scottish independence' written by Sir Herbert Maxwell and published by Putnam in 1898. What's most interesting though, is that the Earl is a direct descendant of Robert the Bruce and his ancestral lineage goes all the way back to Kenneth Macalpin the 1st (?) King of Scotland.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bravo!! All great submissions!!! Very interesting and thanks for sharing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some very nice items !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everybody, check out my longfellow!

what did you think i meant?
    It was published in May of 1849 and came with a handwitten letter in front of the book signed by Henry W (Wadsworth) Longfellow dated 1846.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Longfellow book and letter is amazing!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I shared this one with Dan the other day.
    Chimes 1st edition 1844

reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

very cool artwork!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Though not as old a true classic and one of my favorites
    1st Godfather (the copyright page - need to take pic of the cover..)

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    very cool artwork!
    Agree - The pic makes it look like there's staining but its discolored from age not stains
    Love your Longfellow!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now this is some of the "collectibles" I was talking about!!!! Great books all!!! I only dream I had some of these "classics"!!!

Awesome!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast