Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: zelig

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone. And yeah, I also hadn't been aware of that "Review Copy" note. I think maybe I got lucky with that one. I already had a copy of this proof, but not with the note, and it wasn't in the best shape. So this was a good upgrade for sure.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

You should find King on the Page before The Books of Blood story in the Fantasy Sampler.

BRUCE

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I see it now. Wasn't looking in the right place. Thanks.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Continuing on with the proofs:

This one is special because it's signed. Thanks Matt.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the CD Proofs I have:

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fanastic.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Really, really nice!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice set of proofs !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

A M A Z I N G proofs !!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! So here's the last of the proofs in my collection at this time.

The Dark Tower:

A few miscellaneous ones:

Has the King intro/quote:

That's it! My humble proof collection... There's a ways to go, but I see what I have so far as a good start!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Humble!?! Your collection is great.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Looking good!

John
    Thanks John!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Thanks! I know it's not too shabby, but I tend to set a pretty high standard and lofty goals when it comes to building the collection... And of course, seeing other collections here that are so far ahead of where some of us are at, well it sort of pushes you on and makes you set the bar higher for yourself.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks! I know it's not too shabby, but I tend to set a pretty high standard and lofty goals when it comes to building the collection... And of course, seeing other collections here that are so far ahead of where some of us are at, well it sort of pushes you on and makes you set the bar higher for yourself.
    You really shouldn't compare what you have with others' collections. You have to remember that we've been collecting for a long, long time. You've come VERY far in the time you've spent.

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    You really shouldn't compare what you have with others' collections. You have to remember that we've been collecting for a long, long time. You've come VERY far in the time you've spent.

John
    That's true... Even though I started collecting in 1987, I stopped for about 15 years, and obviously missed out on a ton of releases. But I do see your point because in the last 12 months, I've added so many books to the collection in that short period of time. I've had to slow things down lately because of the expense.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing! For some reason I never got around to collecting the DT proofs but I especially like the Grant ones. Great pics.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, my Lord!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the comments!

Couple things here. Just for fun I picked up this version of the Plume Gunslinger trade paperback. If I'm not mistaken, it's a book club edition because there's no pricing or barcode. I don't collect BCE's, but there's some exceptions like the hardcover of Storm of the Century, the slipcased Lisey's Story, Secret Windows, etc... off the top of my head. And I'd add this to the list:

I mentioned earlier that I'm planning on having slipcases made for all the 1st Trade editions in my collection. It's going to be a slow process spread over a period of time because of how many I'd need. But I got things started at least. The first few have come in and here's some pics.

For now I've kept it simple and haven't done any custom title blocking on these.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those slipcases are nice!

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, and yes I have to say, it's the first time I've ordered slipcases from Jeff Whiley and the praise he's received from other members is certainly warranted. I am very impressed with the quality and his service is equally impressive.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeff is a top man. I have an idea for something I hope he can help me with...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful additions, and nice start on the slipcases.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you everyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast