Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 892 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 840 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 22277

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, I think I got it working!

I have several remarques created by Glenn Chadbourne, but I will post just one here for now...

This remarque was created in my S/L edition of The Secretary of Dreams Volume 1:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post

There is a Remarkable Remarques thread. You might also want to create a Collections page, and put your remarques in there.
    For some reason it won't allow me to upload any images. When I press the insert image tab, it asks me to enter a URL address and does not give me the option to upload an image from my own library...
    You can upload images from your computer in the Gallery. http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery You can then link them to the thread. Or you can link from somewhere else.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    I personally don't have any Chadbourne favorites as I'm not a fan. I'm one of those that cringes. It just seemed logical there would be a dedicated repository since his work is such a major component of many members' collections here. Maybe T-Dogz_AK47, or anyone, could start the thread with some of their personally commissioned remarques. Consolidate and display some of his best works so everyone can see his range.
    Bad penny, probably has the most extensive collection of Glens' work in his collection thread.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have several remarques created by Glenn Chadbourne, but I will post just one here for now...

This remarque was created in my S/L edition of The Secretary of Dreams Volume 1:

Oh, very nice, Mr. T-Dog!!! Awesome remarque, I have Glen Remarques in each of my SOD's as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Bad penny, probably has the most extensive collection of Glens' work in his collection thread.
    "Probably"??? I'd say more like definitely.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...tion-Bad-Penny

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

I think this has been asked before... are you Glenn Chadbourne or related to Glenn?? Just curious. Thanks! Glen

Erm... That's the first time I have been asked if I am Glenn Chadbourne or even related to him.

The answer to both questions is.... No I am not.

Strange that you should ask such a question though... as if in order to champion his artwork (which is superb) I must be either Glenn himself or related to him...

No harm or foul intended. You had numerous posts about his work.and you stated how much you like his work and you defend him pretty much when people disparage or criticize. It was just a curiosity question. I probably should of asked by pm. Instead. You really like his stuff!

I have limited funds and prefer to use it on missing s/l of kings work that I still need. And I am not related to king. Even though I asked my wife to try and date joe hill and leave me for a while so she could a few of my books signed!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Even though I asked my wife to try and date joe hill and leave me for a while so she could a few of my books signed!
    Most people probably think you're kidding.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

what amazes me.... isn't Bad Penny's collection of Glen Remarq. - It's the fact that Glenn has anytime to do any books for Cemetery Dance or anyone else with all the books he does for Bad Penny. I mean... just keeping up with Penny requests must be a full time job.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

what amazes me.... isn't Bad Penny's collection of Glen Remarq. - It's the fact that Glenn has anytime to do any books for Cemetery Dance or anyone else with all the books he does for Bad Penny. I mean... just keeping up with Penny requests must be a full time job.
    LOL Very true, but then again, Glen is a freaking machine. He can just crank them out and the quality is always there. Also, he is huge fan of King so often his drawings are very intuitive.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, very nice, Mr. T-Dog!!! Awesome remarque, I have Glen Remarques in each of my SOD's as well.
    I like that one a LOT!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only problem with Glenn... is there is a lot of Glenn. However, anyone that does not think his work is really good (especially the color which he has mastered) should just look at the post over this. Just me 2 cents
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. Glenn's work is superb. Art is subjective and each artist has his own style. You either like an artist's style or you don't...and if you DO like his style, there may be a point when too much of something can be a bad thing. As the old saying goes "everything in moderation." It is my opinion that it would be better if there was a healthy mix of illustrators involved in King's work.

Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The only problem with Glenn... is there is a lot of Glenn. However, anyone that does not think his work is really good (especially the color which he has mastered) should just look at the post over this. Just me 2 cents
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I would have rather had a SOD3 with a new/unpublished story than all these new re-issues.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's actually one of the many things i like about Glen - you can explain what you want and within 3 to 5 days you have a scan of the piece and a week or so later it shows up in the mail! Not too many artists that can turn it around that quickly...
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Faster than that, sometimes -- when we were doing the Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book, I'd send him three or four concepts and he'd have the results turned around in a few hours.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

When I collaborated with Glenn on my story "Marvin's Retirement" we chatted about the character "Lilja" just for a few minutes. It was like Glenn could see right into my imagination. Two days later "Lilja" was a reality on paper.

A fantastic gift Glenn has.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Warning: opinionated comments follow......

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    ....anyone that does not think his work is really good (especially the color which he has mastered) should just look at the post over this....
    I guess appreciation of mastery of color is as subjective as it is with any art. Some see it, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    ......You either like an artist's style or you don't...and if you DO like his style, there may be a point when too much of something can be a bad thing. As the old saying goes "everything in moderation." It is my opinion that it would be better if there was a healthy mix of illustrators involved in King's work.
    Gabriel
    Well stated. I love Reese's but I also don't eat them so much that I get sick of them.

I really haven't seen many remarques that I'd want in my books, I typically wouldn't pay more to get one but if one showed up in a book I wouldn't return it. Of the ones I've seen, I think that Whelan's and Lee's are my personal favorites. I might even pay for one of those if the price wasn't too outrageous (another subjective item).

I did see this one by Chadbourne which TwistedNadine posted in the RRs thread that I thought was probably the best work I've seen from him. Maybe it's the anatomy which I think is usually one of his weakest points but here it's well rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Couple more:
    Bag of Bones (love this one):

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    It's easy, we all have our opinions and standards.
    A handful of his paintings are decent enough, but the pen and ink stuff looks like over-detailed high school level art. That's why I ended up selling my S/L copy of The Dark Man
    (emphasis added).

At risk of being raked over the coals by saying anything that may be construed as negative and not dripping with praise, here goes. I'll say that I completely agree with Scoogs, most of it - b/w and color - takes me back to my high school art class and the pieces that students submitted to have included in the yearbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Faster than that, sometimes -- when we were doing the Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book, I'd send him three or four concepts and he'd have the results turned around in a few hours.
    When I read that he can crank out these things within hours of a request, it all kind of makes more sense to me. This is probably great for the publisher, it's just not what I would expect on/in an expensive volume. He does have a talent to convey his thoughts quickly but to me it shows in the results.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory with these comments, I'm just trying to convey my point of view when looking at different artists and their work. As has been stated, it's all subjective and there are things that cannot be explained away or into existence with something like art. Like someone said earlier, some people feel King isn't a good writer and you can't make someone change their minds (until you remind them about Shawshank and Stand By Me). There are my two cents which are only with $0.00 in some people's opinion.
    Last edited by MandaBunny; 04-21-2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: fixed

takes me back to my high school art class and the pieces that students submitted to have included in the yearbook.
    I'm actually kind of impressed that you and your classmates were doing this level of detail in high school! Could you post some of your artwork you've done to compare?

Brian

P.S. And I don't mean that as snark or anything. As others here will attest, we're always looking for new artists to work with and if you feel you or your former classmates are better artists than the ones we work with, post some samples and let's see what we can do.
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"We're always looking for new artists to work with ..."

*ahem* rachelreadman

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "We're always looking for new artists to work with ..."

*ahem* rachelreadman
    A good example of someone from this message board who sent us some excellent artwork samples for consideration!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

It certainly wasn't my scribbles that got into the yearbook, I am artistically declined but I can still appreciate art - art that I find appealing that others may not. I was just trying to explain my position, I'm not trying to sway opinion to my "side" because that would be a frivolous effort. If there's only one group of people on here stating how much they love something with no counterbalance then it's a one-sided opinion of what is used very often. Obviously, there are people on both sides of any discussion but when people are made to feel like they can't express their opinion because they are attacked by more vocal people it throws undue weight to one side and what is considered by many as a 'fan favorite' may not apply as much as it's perceived because some aren't willing to put their thoughts out there because they're afraid of recriminating comments, or just aren't around to say anything in such a public form. I'm not trying to provoke you by stating my opinion and supporting others with similar views. I've noticed you're very patient with all of us and based on the tone of your comment I've touched a nerve and I'm sorry you didn't like my post. Obviously, Glenn is one of your favorite artists or you wouldn't use his work so much in your productions. That's fine but with a market this small, using the same artist frequently only makes the saturation happen that much more quickly. Especially when multiple publishers are using the same artists.
    I think that Scoogs' "over-detailed" description was the part with which I most agree. Glenn uses a lot of lines in some of his pieces, particularly some of the b/w pieces and it's just way too busy and distracting for me. This amount of detail was not found in the high-school level art. Sometimes subtlety is better than too much detail - this is my opinion. There is a lot of detail in the Bag of Bones remarque but the details blend well, at least from the shot that TW posted.
    The first two pieces on this page of The Collector's site are just two examples where there's too much going on for me, obviously not for others who like his work.

http://skcollector.com/galleries/darkman.html

It certainly wasn't my scribbles that got into the yearbook
    That's too bad. I thought we had another artist here on the board! Well, definitely consider sending any of the talented artists you know our way. We're always looking!

Best,
    Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope that forum member harrison ryan submitted some pieces to you, he seems to have some talent to be shared.

I'm sorry you didn't like my post.
    Nope, it's about a million miles from the harshest thing posted in this thread. In fact, it might be the nicest "I don't like something" post in the history of this thread. We'd have to check the records to know for sure.

I was just hoping we had another artist to try. We're always looking. We've featured more than 500 artists in our books and magazines over the years. The number might be higher, it's been a long time since we tried to estimate the count.

I read everything that is posted here and take it all into consideration. Of course, those who post here represent a very small percentage of our customers, so I also have to take that into consideration.

So it's all good. I think everyone should post their thoughts. Someone might hit on an idea that proves very helpful or useful for future projects, and I don't care where a good idea comes from if it's helpful.

Brian

By the way, in case it's helpful to the discussion, here's the list of artists who have worked on our Stephen King books over the years:

From a Buick 8 -- Bernie Wrightson
    The Secretary of Dreams Volume One -- Glenn Chadbourne
    Blockade Billy -- Glen Orbik (cover) and Alex McVey (interiors)
    The Secretary of Dreams Volume Two -- Glenn Chadbourne
    Full Dark, No Stars -- Tomislav Tikulin (covers); Glenn Chadbourne, Jill Bauman, Alan M. Clark, and Vincent Chong (interiors)
    It: The 25th Anniversary Special Edition -- Glen Orbik (covers), Alan M. Clark & Erin S. Wells (interiors)
    The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem -- Glenn Chadbourne
    Doctor Sleep -- Vincent Chong (cover and color interiors), Erin S. Wells (B&W interiors), Glenn Chadbourne (endpapers)
    Carrie -- Tomislav Tikulin

Brian
    Last edited by Brian James Freeman; 04-21-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: edited to add missing data

+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 892 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 390 440 840 ... LastLast