Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 568 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 14186

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Bev!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, everyone.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll buy the four regular issues since it's a short series and I like to check out King and Hill comic books. Like John, I'm not to going to spring for the variants.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

This question is not really a true Collecting Question and I don't think it deserves its own thread, but I was just wondering what the general opinion is on the production of S/L editions of books about King and his work.

Examples are the signed/numbered and even signed/lettered editions of books by George Beahm, Robin Furth, et al. The most ill-conceived (IMO) is probably the lettered Stephen King Trivia book.

I mean, I certainly understand the appeal of high-quality books in general, but why would I be interested in a $300 version of a book with some random questions on King and his work? Do books like these even exist for other authors?

Thoughts?

*edit: I don't mean to offend anyone who likes these books for what they are, of course. I'm just interested in opinions.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Some collectors may like them, but they are usually the first thing to be sold when the collector needs cash. They don't make much on the secondary market.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't own any lettered and maybe only 1 or two numbered copies of the book types you mention. They have no appeal to me.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

When I first started collecting King, I bought a number of the signed numbered books about King, but have since lost interest in any of the newer ones. I'll settle for the trade editions IF they interest me.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    This question is not really a true Collecting Question and I don't think it deserves its own thread, but I was just wondering what the general opinion is on the production of S/L editions of books about King and his work.

Examples are the signed/numbered and even signed/lettered editions of books by George Beahm, Robin Furth, et al. The most ill-conceived (IMO) is probably the lettered Stephen King Trivia book.

I mean, I certainly understand the appeal of high-quality books in general, but why would I be interested in a $300 version of a book with some random questions on King and his work? Do books like these even exist for other authors?

Thoughts?

*edit: I don't mean to offend anyone who likes these books for what they are, of course. I'm just interested in opinions.
    I donīt collect this s/l books about Stephen King, but if you stumble
    over a Lettered Trivia book? Extrem Cheap?
    And the included signed Lettered painting from Glen Chadbourne is realy NICE ???

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Most of the S/L / Limited edition books about King that I have have been included when I buy big collections. I didn't go out there specifically looking for them. But, then again, I'm a sucker for anything in a slipcase, so, there's that ... lol

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    When I first started collecting King, I bought a number of the signed numbered books about King, but have since lost interest in any of the newer ones. I'll settle for the trade editions IF they interest me.

John
    Couldn't agree more. The fascination wore off of these and I went back to the core work!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Thoughts?

IMO collecting is primarily based on personal preference. I'm proud to say I own a lettered edition of The SK Trivia Book. I purchased it based almost entirely on the fact it came with an original piece of Glenn Chadbourne artwork (The Tower).

No offense taken! To each his/her own!

SKC

Traveler Lodrik has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Newcomer's Questions Regarding Different Versions and Respective Illustrations

First of all, hello there,
    I pretty much signed up just to ask around here. I did look around and could not find an appropriate thread and anyways I'd like to have these questions answered personally in my own thread.

I got the Hodder & Stoughton trade release of The Gunslinger. According to wikipedia the first novel's trade releases do not have any illustrations and from what I gathered the fourth novel seems to be missing four illustrations.
    I do like the cover art and actually wouldn't mind eventually owning all of the DT series in this format/release. It'd be nice and uniform - I really like the cover artwork.

Regarding my copy of The Gunslinger - there are no illustrations, at least no colored full-page ones. Does anyone know if this is the case for the rest of Hodder's trades?

And should I even care? The title says it already, I'm a newcomer to Stephen King. Will I be able to fully appreciate this work of his?
    Right now, I'm guessing I'll be fine with the Hodder trade and sometime down the line will probably get some nicer version, but is there actually a complete and affordable release available - or in the works?

I'll be glad for any responses and/or helpful advice.

Thanks in advance : )

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you talking about the trade paperback sized (B format) edition that was put out a few years ago? I have that edition in a four-book boxed set with uniform covers, each of which shows the Tower getting larger. Hodder released, as far as I know, the last three books only as hardcovers, continuing with the uniform covers. There's an auction on eBay right now selling one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Tower-B...item3f143facba

I've never removed the shrink wrap from my boxed set, so I don't know if they contain the illustrations or not. If I remember correctly, the last three books from Hodder do not have the illustrations either. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

John

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, of course you can appreciate and enjoy the novels without illustrations. I don't find them essential. That said, to really get the "true" editions you'd have to have the Grant editions, since they were the ones who designed and first published each book.

I was talking about this paperback release: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/imag...-intl-de&img=0
    As far as I know they'll also release TWTTK.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The first 3 UK Dark Tower novels were paperbacks which have illustrations. The 4th book was a large paperback which had no illustrations. There was also an export hardback version of the 4th book which also did not have illustrations. (see picture). The 5th, 6th and 7th books were hardbacks which have illustrations.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like the way they look in the slipcases, Alan!

I was referring to this paperback release: http://www.hodder.co.uk/search_resul...erm=dark+tower

Btw, I think I'm just gonna roll with what I have now and maybe upgrade sometime. : )

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lodrik View Post
    I pretty much signed up just to ask around here. ...and anyways I'd like to have these questions answered personally in my own thread.
    Merge. Enjoy your 8 hours of your "own thread".

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodrik View Post
    I pretty much signed up just to ask around here. ...and anyways I'd like to have these questions answered personally in my own thread.
    Merge. Enjoy your 8 hours of your "own thread".
    Sorry, I didn't want this to get lost and felt it sort of deserved its own thread... hehe
    My bad

EDIT:
    I think I know now why my posts had to accepted by moderators - anyways for the third and hopefully last time:

Here is the paperback release by Hodder & Stoughton that I own:
    http://www.hodder.co.uk/books/work.aspx?WorkID=42488

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That is the newest (to my knowledge) reprint edition of the book. Hodder is doing a complete reprint project with all of his books, bundled together into small groups by "type"/"atmosphere"/genre and released at different dates. Each bundle will have the same type of cover artwork and coloring. This bundle is the Dark Tower series, and they are all uniformed. Crow-Man (Randall Flagg) posted all seven books next to each other in a post a month or so ago, but I can't find it. But yes, all the books in the new Dark Tower bundle should be released and uniformed.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the link with the first info I found out about the reprint project:

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ho...-backlist.html

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I bought this "signed" copy of Misery many years ago at a used bookstore with no expectation as to whether it was genuine. Can anyone tell if this is a legit signature:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Question. I purchased a large lot of odds and ends a while ago and included were nine color photos from The Shining movie. I was wondering if this is part of an official press kit, with a folder, production info pamphlet, etc. Any info and/or pics would help, thank you. Photo below, photos on the left side of the table:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's tough to answer. I look at your picture, and all I see is this: (btw, it might help to crop the picture so that only "The Shining" images show)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 568 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 194 234 284 ... LastLast