Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 972 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 964 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 24294

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
    Fair to say Stephen King put Bangor Maine on the map.... But back when I was a boy this happy little song made it daily on the radio.

Last week it came through my car speakers (60s station) and I was singing along with "King of the Road.....Destination Bangor, Maine"
    Almost like Roger Miller knew something.
    Back in 1998 several of us were making plans to go to a book signing at Betts Bookstore. People were posting on alt.books.stephen-king about whether they were driving, flying, carpooling, etc. I posted that if all else failed there was always "third boxcar, midnight train" but I don't think very many got it.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A signing at Bett's, that's like Woodstock man.

Who has more fun then People.
    Answer
    Chickens cause they eat with their pecker.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]
    Back in 1998 several of us were making plans to go to a book signing at Betts Bookstore. People were posting on alt.books.stephen-king about whether they were driving, flying, carpooling, etc. I posted that if all else failed there was always "third boxcar, midnight train" but I don't think very many got it.[/QUOTE]

Did that come together in 1998?
    I live 8 hours from Bangor. As close as I got to Bangor was in 2008 when our 15.5 yo Cocker passed. I pulled out the google map directions and said to my heart broken wife "Honey lets get out of here". Her health issues put a stop to that. We are hopefully doing a late spring trip there and taking the SK Tour.
    Bangor is about the size of my city 45 min north of Toronto.
    (Not sure how my chicken got in there...sorry if it offended):sweat

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. He did a series of signings for Bag of Bones. I think this was the last one. Limited to 200 people. We all had a great time. It was at the old Betts Bookstore in downtown Bangor.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope he tours for years to come, now I have all this time on my hands I can go. In January Suzanne and I were headed to Florida for the Sarasota signing. Thats not happening so I am doing a 2 week golf run with my golf buddy on the Atlantic side.

I think this was part of the Bag of Bones tour.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Yes. He did a series of signings for Bag of Bones. I think this was the last one. Limited to 200 people. We all had a great time. It was at the old Betts Bookstore in downtown Bangor.
    That was my favorite signing of all that I have been to! Remember Roy from Bad Moon Books acting as the Bouncer to keep everyone in line in line! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

A bouncer was needed because you're such a rowdy group I imagine.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Have no idea where i can post this....

The Wicked Library

is a weekly podcast dedicated to bringing you the latest stories of horror by the newest and best independent authors:
    Paul Anderson, Joe R Lansdale, Rona Walter, Bev Vincent, Craig Spector, Richard Chizmar....
    Gary Braunbeck.....
    www.hipcast.com/podcast/Hp3yJb

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a great shoot yesterday... first one I've been able to do in months (all work no play thing)
    keep checking my NSFW art folder for updates.

Here's an after studio session shout I took with the Fiero... this one's for you Merlin!
    if so inclined, you can see the uncensored version here:
    http://austindj.deviantart.com/art/T...Ones-498861628

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

She's blocking the hood emblem, Terry!!! LOL LOL LOL Now, that is a very healthy va-jay-jay!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    She's blocking the hood emblem, Terry!!! LOL LOL LOL Now, that is a very healthy va-jay-jay!!! LOL
    yes... it was a nice pairing... her va-Jay-Jay .... with my HOT ROD.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

what was funny... after the photo shot was over... (which was nude of course) ... she picked up her shirt and put it on.

I see the Speed Dealer - Tweaked Motor logo, and talked her into going outside and taking a few shots with the Fiero.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    yes... it was a nice pairing... her va-Jay-Jay .... with my HOT ROD.
    LOL Also, she needs to tie her shoes!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I will have a spare moment or two this Thursday, which I'm going to use to make an inventory of the remains of my collection. I'm also going to rearrange my bookshelves and take some new pics for my collection thread. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of every minute!

I may also get around to posting a new list of remaining magazines and books with first appearances that I still need to sell.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have 4,378 received PM's and 4,246 sent ones. It's hard to delete any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I have 4,378 received PM's and 4,246 sent ones. It's hard to delete any of them.
    So that means you haven't responded to 132 of my PM's. Wow. I knew it was a lot but had no idea it was that many.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So that means you haven't responded to 132 of my PM's. Wow. I knew it was a lot but had no idea it was that many.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Bob. Just sent you a PM.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

When I got my certification three years ago for Software Quality Engineering, I rewarded myself by buying a Skeleton Crew S/L. I just found out today that I passed my recertification exam. Even though recertifying isn't as exciting as passing the first time, it would be wrong not to reward myself again.

Now to figure out what to buy!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well if you are asking for suggestions I would say the next logical item would be a Skeleton Crew Lettered edition
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Well if you are asking for suggestions I would say the next logical item would be a Skeleton Crew Lettered edition
    I wish!! Great idea though

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    When I got my certification three years ago for Software Quality Engineering, I rewarded myself by buying a Skeleton Crew S/L. I just found out today that I passed my recertification exam. Even though recertifying isn't as exciting as passing the first time, it would be wrong not to reward myself again.

hooker?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

hooker?
    I'd have a rough time explaining that to my wife!

I'm actually leaning toward a Kareem Abdul Jabar signed basketball, with the more rare full name signature. It would complement my Oscar Robertson signed ball very well.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

hooker?

I'd have a rough time explaining that to my wife!

I'm actually leaning toward a Kareem Abdul Jabar signed basketball, with the more rare full name signature. It would complement my Oscar Robertson signed ball very well.
    A hooker would be more fun than playing with Kareem Abdul Jabar balls... just sayin.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I quitted my previous (permanent) job in august, after 4 years in Publicis, for a short term contract until the 31st of december, then a permanent contract from the 1st of january.
    It was a complex thing as I was being recruited by a company that cannot legally recruit on permanent jobs, as they are laying off many other employees (something like 300 journalists).

The short term contract was my trial period, and apparently I have been doing some good job as they keep me !

And I am quite happy because it is a LOT better than my previous job :
    - better paid (about 15%) + a bonus of about 10% according to my results
    - closer to home : 10mins cycling (vs 30mins cycling)
    - 20 meters away from my gym! (Allowing me to go to the gym prior to work, which I already did, but also on my lunch break for instance)
    - more interesting as I am developping some new skills and learning a lot more stuff while I wasn't learning anything new anymore before.
    - nice colleagues and boss
    - chilling more : my boss is often telling me to chill and postpone some of my tasks to later on!
    - better working hours (finishing earlier. I now actually think that I can have a life after work!)

It's sort of difficult to complain !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 972 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 964 ... LastLast