Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 515 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 12872

Thread: Collectible Classifieds-Primarily for Stephen King Items

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Bob :if only we could trade first borns for sk collectibles. :sigh:
    Long live the barter transaction. There is more ´Stuff´ for trading action:
    Not that important organs, the soul.....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Brice - I was just thinking - if I traded my first born, would my second born then become my new first born and eligible for trade!

just thinking- not considering - really! ;-)
    Sadly in order for second borns, etc. to become first borns there has to be total elimination of first borns. One example of this would be say I traded my nonexistent first born for a nifty new SK collectible and then my First born were sacrificed to/for whatever. In this instance my nonexistent second born becomes my nonexistent first born and thus eligible for trade for the next nifty new collectible. This goes on ad infinitum.Unfortunately there's never really been much of a market for second borns though. This could be a new niche. There is opportunity here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Bob :if only we could trade first borns for sk collectibles. :sigh:
    Long live the barter transaction. There is more ´Stuff´ for trading action:
    Not that important organs, the soul.....
    Oh, though I tend toward the agnostic side I've bartered for many souls. They make great bargaining chips...just in case. As for organs I prefer to trade those of others more than my own.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, In my family there is three generations of first born male children, all named William Bender and a fourth on the way. Hopefully, my boy put the stem on the apple!!! LOL I'm thinking about forgoing the "Jr" and going to "II". What do you folks think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    FWIW, In my family there is three generations of first born male children, all named William Bender and a fourth on the way. Hopefully, my boy put the stem on the apple!!! LOL I'm thinking about forgoing the "Jr" and going to "II". What do you folks think?
    I think it's a question for the Random Comments thread..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I think it's a question for the Random Comments thread..
    Sorry, my Director. I was "in" the moment. Won't happen again, I promise!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Hello, all, I am a proud member of the Science Fiction Book Club, and I find myself with a fairly large quantity of Stephen King 2012 Desk Calendars on hand.... I'm willing to sell four of them at $15 each, shipped in the US, to fellow TDTers.... I'll do my best to hook you up with a good one. First come, first served; one per member please.
    Hey, I received the calendar and it is great! Much more than I was expecting. It will be my official desk calendar here at work (I'm going to use it--not sock it away in some box). Thanks so much!

(I tried to PM you the above but it said your inbox was full or something.)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Time for a little extra Christmas money. Please PM me. Thank you.

$400 - Insomnia S/L #981 - Near perfect condition.

$400 - The Dark Tower: The Dark Tower VII S/L #1496 - Small corner crease on limitation page.

$300 - The Very Best Of Best New Horror S/L #161 - Near perfect condition.

$300 - Castle Rock Newsletters: Volumes 1-4

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As you can see in the "New Pride and Joy Thread", I bought TWO 1st Edition Waste Lands with Remarques....

I won't keep both. If anybody wants one of them, let me know....

OY: $650
    KA-TET: $950

Once ONE sells, the other will have a permanent place in my collection.....

AKC

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey AKC....could you take a better picture of OY and send it to tomas@stephenkingcollector.com ?

I was never happy with the picture I took and sent him when I had it in my possession.

DAMERON REMARQUES

As you can see...it's kind of blurry.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will do Rick!

AKC

Traveler DungeonDeb is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, you all asked for better, closer pictures and prices. I have no idea what to price this stuff at (remember, I didn't get a response to them in the appraisal thread), so if I'm asking too much, PLEASE feel free to make a counteroffer (sorry, no firstborns - have already met my quota).

Jae Lee The Long Road Home issue 2, page 6. Signed pencil sketch. $450 + shipping (US only, please).

Jae Lee The Gunslinger Born issue 7, page 32. Signed pencil sketch. $450 + shipping, or $850 (free shipping) for both (US only, please).

The Drawing of the Three Plume edition ARC. Good condition (some dings on cover).

The Wastelands Grant edtion ARC. Fine condition, still in publisher's shrinkwrap.

Wizard & Glass Grant edition ARC. Fine condition, still in publisher's shrinkwrap.

Wolves of the Calla Grant-Scribner edition ARC. Fine condition.

Song of Susannah Grant-Scribner edition ARC. Good condition, some shelf wear.

The Dark Tower Grant-Scribner edition ARC. Good condition, some shelf wear.

The bizarre Frankenstein book by Pocket Books. As-is.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly chapbook by Bev Vincent. Fine condition.

I would like to get $700 for all the books (Jae Lee art excluded), plus shipping. Please feel free to PM offers on individual pieces. Please also PM any questions

Thanks for looking, and happy shopping!
    Deb

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

P.S. So sorry about the horrible picture quality!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't receive a response because you are:
    • New here and no one knows you, therefore any prospective buyer is reticent to send you $700.
    • Your prices are too high-including the Jae Lee art.
    • The double book is a novelty-not (IMO) worth $10

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, in her defense, in the appraisal thread she asked for value estimates b/c she didn't know. She didn't receive any responses and she still doesn't know (admitted in her post) so she took a guess here in this thread. I was kindof hoping someone would help her out. (I know nothing at all about proofs and drawings, so I'm no help on that end.)

Gunslinger Apprentice scstandpipe is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

...yeah getting no responses had nothing to do with her being new or receiving money; that was about pricing. Yes, the prices are too high, but that's why she said to PM her for offers ...I would gladly help out, but pricing ARCs, etc. for me is like reading Korean

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think the prices are that high. It comes out to about $100 per proof/ARC. I don't know how the comic book process works, if they are just pencil sketches not used in the actual comic book, then the prices are a little high I would think. But if they were "comic-used" then I think they are a decent starting amount. And if I saw the fused book at a garage sale for $10, I think I would buy it. Online, it's a little harder, because $10 becomes $15 due to shipping.

As far as sending an unknown person a lot of money, I would do mulitple transactions. That way, the most I'd lose is $100.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm clueless about that stuff myself. If I had money I'd at best pay twenty or thirty for the double book, but I tend to like weird quirky items.

I think I spent about thirty for my special reading copy of DTII a year or two back. I don't really keep records of what i buy stuff for though. The others should be higher I think, but I don't know how much.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    I don't know how the comic book process works, if they are just pencil sketches not used in the actual comic book, then the prices are a little high I would think. But if they were "comic-used" then I think they are a decent starting amount. .
    These are the actual pages Jae Lee drew and then were painted by Richard Isanove so definately used in the actual production of the comic.

I don't know for sure but the price was probably 350.00 - 400.00 originaly from Albert Moy, they have not sold on Ebay for 250.00 - 400.00 the listed starting bid in several auctions in the last month, being lesser pages I would guess that the would sell currently for about 200.00 each.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You didn't receive a response because you are:
    • New here and no one knows you, therefore any prospective buyer is reticent to send you $700.
    • Your prices are too high-including the Jae Lee art.
    • The double book is a novelty-not (IMO) worth $10
    Wow. Of everyone I've met here, you're the only one who has made me feel ignorant, ashamed of my ignorance, and unwelcome.

Thank you so much, everyone who reiterated that I did, indeed, try to get my items appraised in the proper forum before dragging them out here and flinging crazy numbers at them. I appreciate everybody's input, because if there's anyone who knows what I've got (and what it's worth), it's the people who live and breathe Stephen King.

Yes, the Jae Lee pieces are comic-used, and no, they aren't selling very well on eBay. Now that I have a ballpark figure for their worth (thank you, thank you), I hope that changes!

As far as sending a random stranger $700, this is probably my ignorance speaking again, but I just assumed any deals made here would be consummated on eBay, where I AM known, and where I have tons of feedback to prove that I do, in fact, own and ship what I sell (please see eBay ID link in profile...I think I did that part right).

Deb
    Last edited by DungeonDeb; 12-10-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: tidying html

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oy, if these were the original sketches that were then painted over, wouldn't they be in color? Or maybe comic book artists use some kind of carbon copy sheet when they draw? And I see where you're going with the pricing, and I've bought SK artwork but not comic book art before, but $200 seems really low for something "comic-used", no? If that's what they were worth, I would still put up a larger price and keep my fingers crossed.

Deb, don't feel too offended by Randall Flagg's post. He's like that sometimes. But (shocker, I know, lol) he's a good guy. Blunt, opinionated, and he smells, but a good guy. And he looks out for the people in the group by making sure tell them to be careful when making money transcations with people they don't know. In the end, it's all good. For every Randall Flagg, there's a Shannon.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oy or Wiz would be the people I'd have asked re the comic sheets.

...and no shannon, they wouldn't be in color. Quite a lot of these were sold early on in the comic's history.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Found it on Wikipedia. "The inker usually works directly over the penciller's pencil marks, though occasionally pages are inked on translucent paper, such as drafting vellum, preserving the original pencils."

So, with THAT being said, technically the comic book pages AREN'T "comic-used" but more of a study, if they were painted over, right?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly don't know. I thought they were colored and then used. Most anyone could tell you more than me about comics. I just have a small box full of them.

If you rescue me

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Found it on Wikipedia. "The inker usually works directly over the penciller's pencil marks, though occasionally pages are inked on translucent paper, such as drafting vellum, preserving the original pencils."

So, with THAT being said, technically the comic book pages AREN'T "comic-used" but more of a study, if they were painted over, right?
    Nope. Comics work this way: sketch/study, (original) pencils, inking, colouring, lettering.

What you see here are the original pencils before they were inked. Study is something the artist submits to the author for approval or to get a feel for the characters. Think of THESE pencils as the final manuscript that King submits to the publisher. The publisher will adjust the font, layout, add illustrations etc but it's King's final manuscript it's all about. I'd say these original pencils are the equivalent of having a signed copy of the final manuscript. So yes, these were used in a comic, with added inks, colour and lettering but they're not just a study.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I get that. But unless there is some kind of "layer" that goes over the penciling "layer", or maybe if the pencils were scanned into a computer and then printed out for the inker, if the inker inked/colored onto these pages, they would be in ink/color. I think I'm missing something, lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 515 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 192 ... LastLast