Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jhanic proofs

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why do I never get these things? You'd think the "Haven Whore" would have its "perks"!!!!! LOL LOL

Nice, John!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the "orange" proof (one of about 200 copies). Yeah, I know I posted this above, but I want to keep them all together.

Here's the "blue" proof (one of about 50 copies):

And the in-house proof (one of about 20 copies):

Front:

Back:

I got the okay from the seller to post these.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Niiice, John!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Excellent John!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, the Proof King strikes again !!!!

Great Dark Man proofs John, gratz
    We all float down here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Great stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Cool, the Proof King strikes again !!!!

Great Dark Man proofs John, gratz
    He's the "King" alright!!!! Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this yesterday, thanks to Bad Penny. It's the third (or fourth if you count the proof of the paperback) state of He Is Legend, with King and Joe Hill's Throttle:

I'm not posting the cover, because the front covers for all three are the same. See my post #62 for the others.

The picture is also thanks to Bad Penny.

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, John.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ok, now I am confused again. HE IS LEGEND proofs:
    1. Gauntlet
    2. Gauntlet Club 99
    3. TOR

What is the 4th proof?
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 08-25-2013 at 03:07 PM. Reason: wrong book title
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my post #62 It shows the first two, a "standard" proof and a "reviewers" proof.

John

So you are counting the reviewers copy with the hole punch as the 4th proof? Is it otherwise the same as the Gauntlet proof without a hole punch?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct in a way. The reviewer's proof (about 35 copies) has both the "Not for Sale" stamped on the copyright page and the punch on the back cover. The second proof (10 for the editor, one each for King, Hill and Matheson and seven to be given away) has neither. There were approximately 20 of the Gauntlet 99 club proofs. The fourth is the proof for the paperback edition (see my post #176 for that one).

John

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Gauntlet 99 looks right at home amongst your collection John - pleased that it arrived in good order
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Twists of the Tale with King's "The Cat from Hell":

Thanks, Hannes!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Another fine addition John
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really a new item (I've had it for a while) but very neat!

The (almost) mythical F&G for Grant's Gunslinger: SOLD

This is the only pre-publication version of the Grant Gunslinger that I know of.

John
    Last edited by jhanic; 12-13-2019 at 11:43 AM.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, John!

How many were there? Do you know? Does F & G stand for folded and gathered?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, F&G stands for folded and gathered. As far as I know, there were fewer than 10 produced and mine may be the only one in a collector's hands.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, John!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Truly stunning John
    We all float down here!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

That f&g is really rare and, AFAIK, the only prepublication state. Robert Weiner would never say how many were done (at least he never told me and maybe even he doesn't know or remember). He would only say "a handful." I think it is really cool that someone I know finally has one.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very cool John !!!

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow , that's an amazing item John , congratulations !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast