Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 668 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 168 568 618 658 666 667 668 669 670 678 718 768 1168 ... LastLast
Results 16,676 to 16,700 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the auction, but the silver felt pen signatures kept me away. Congratulations.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I saw the auction, but the silver felt pen signatures kept me away. Congratulations.
    Yeah...but that is really the only way the signature would show up on a poster like that.

Maybe that kept others away too.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Got my Slipcased Dark Man the other day, too. Interesting little edition. Unique.

Surly - LOVE what you did with the custom case for The Plant
    Michael - Congrats, looks to be in beautiful condition
    reality continues to ruin my life

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my "Carrie" case today...WOW. Pics of the "4" from the series, very nice!!!
    Yes those are 1st/1st in the cases and the pride of my collection

Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a very nice array!

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a great set. Very nice.

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

The Dolso cases are amazing, I really like the Carrie artwork as well - who was the artist?

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaldj View Post
    The Dolso cases are amazing, I really like the Carrie artwork as well - who was the artist?
    Love those Dolso cases (and insert art - and housing 1st/1st's is an additional supercool bonus) lined up thusly - very nice indeed

mcdonaldj ... the insert art for the Carrie cases is by Rachel Readman (whom also did the etch art for the front of the cases).
    We all float down here!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Garrell! That's one of the copper pieces, right?
    Mark Twain

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Yeah...but that is really the only way the signature would show up on a poster like that.

The hesitancy of the cautious and conservative surely reaps its own rewards
    We all float down here!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is one of the copper arts, was hoping to get one. Gotta say that I was "lucky" and very happy with all the art pieces that I got. I did drop "subtle" hints on the ones I saw before getting my cases and Dolso was great at "getting" the hints. His cases themselves are works of art!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Not seeing the auction kept me away - I like the silver - nice snag at a very low price Rick!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Super cool Garrell! Nice to see them housing first editions as they were truly designed for!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

The hesitancy of the cautious and conservative surely reaps its own rewards
    Joe Hill signed me 2 poster with silver felt pen and 1x black felt pen.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Got my "Carrie" case today...WOW. Pics of the "4" from the series, very nice!!!
    Yes those are 1st/1st in the cases and the pride of my collection

Those look fantastic, mate. Beautiful set.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a friend "In the Biz" who attended the Boston Comic Con that just past, she got to meet and talk with Joe Hill and Israel Skelton (of Skelton Crew Studios - They make 'Locke and Key' Keys). She got me a signed L&K Omega comic book (Both Joe and Gabe!) and and Key! Gotta love having friends with connections. Very Cool.

But that aside, I have two "That amazing deal" stories;

The first was stumbling across a paperback copy of Rage in a local comic book/used book store. It was slipped right along side the other King, so who ever filed it knew enough to know that "Bachman" was King, but not enough to know its rarity or value. It was in a mylar bag which had been wrapped around it and taped up gently at the back. So, I hit the roof when I saw it (obviously) and immediately snatched it and scanned the rest of the shelf greedily to see if there were any other treasures. There wasn't, but the copy of Rage was enough to make my year as a collector. I was so excited that I didn't even look for a price tag, I just carried it to the counter with a huge shit eating grin and proceeded to check out. The dude at the counter recognized it and said something along the lines of "I'm...pretty sure this is rare" To which I said "Yeah? I think it might be." He flipped it back and forth in his hands a time or two and sort of shook his head. I suppose his co-worker had priced it and shelved it without his knowing. He sort of laughed and said "Well, it's five bucks" and showed me a small sticker on the back that had a five on it. I smiled, paid him, and ran to my car like I had just stolen it.

The second (which I think most of you have heard about elsewhere on the forum) was lucking into getting a S/L copy of Joyland for dirt cheap through Titan. It was my first S/L book, and my first King signature. Showed up in the mail and discovered I had #1 of 724!

Those are my only two big scores, and they were about five years apart. I guess I have another four years and some odd months before I trip over something else that cool.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Word fail me, Garrell!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Very nice Garrell

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Garrell, those are amazing.
    Dolso and Chadbourne did an exceptional job.
    Congrats!

Karl

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Michaël, Beautiful condition
    Very envious, I've wanted a Carrie ARC for such a long time.
    I saw one recently on ebay & almost bid, just not in my budget right now.
    Congratulations !!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    So, I've been 'collecting' (i.e. looking for collectible books, not simply 'hoarding', which is what I used to do before) for about seven years. During this time I was able to find some good stuff: several pretty scarce US and UK proofs come to mind, and very nice copies of the hardest-to-find UK trade editions (Carrie, Night Shift, Danse Macabre, The Breathing Method to name a few).

Most of you know that I was stupid enough to sell a lot of my best items - first a number of scarce proofs, and a couple of years later most of my UK editions. Obviously, I'm still kicking myself and I really regret letting go of some gems.

Anyway, I'm working on slowly getting some of those goodies back into my collection. Today I received this very nice copy of the Doubleday Carrie ARC.

When I opened my mailbox I almost fainted - the seller shipped it in a flimsy, large envelope. When I opened it, I was both amazed and horrified to see that the book was placed in a plastic ziplock bag for 'protection' - no bubblewrap in sight. The seller did, however, roll the book itself in several layers of sticky clingwrap!

But as you can see it survived unscathed and the clingwrap, although madly sticking to itself and very hard to remove, did not adhere to the book so no damage was done in the end... gave me a good scare though!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you, Richard! And this is probably the one you saw on eBay - I was the only bidder. Carrie ARCs are never truly 'cheap' but I thought this was a good price. My previous copy came from Betts (on consignment from TDT.org member Kacod, who's no longer active here nowadays) and that one was in VG condition at best, but still cost me $500. I paid a bit more for this copy but it's really in great condition.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

True collector's condition Michaël. Congrats.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Yep. It's a cracker.

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Yep. It's a cracker.
    Alan is called Advanced Reader Copy and not edible

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Yep. It's a cracker.
    Alan is called Advanced Reader Copy and not edible

Sometimes I forget everyone in the world isn't Scottish, TN.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 668 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 168 568 618 658 666 667 668 669 670 678 718 768 1168 ... LastLast