Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 598 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 1098 ... LastLast
Results 14,926 to 14,950 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

New stuff for my Hamburg-Book-Collection.

Reading and Signature event in the Chamber of Commerce,
    Hamburg City Hall 02.12.12
    with the 3 Hamburg authors: Petra Oelker, Kurt Grobecker, Regula Venske
    [IMG][/IMG]

Organizer was the Lions Club.
    https://www.lions.de/

Promo Flyer

All 3 authors sign. me some books.

Kurt Groebecker - Hamburg amüsiert sich

Kurt Groebecker - 800 Jahre Hafen Hamburg

Kurt Groebecker - Das Hamburger Hafenkonzert

Kurt Groebecker - ... mehr als ein Haufen Steine
    A book that is not easy to read/watch.
    Kurt Groebecker is THE expert about the history of Hamburg.
    He has written more than 70 books about my hometown.

Interview
    http://www.welt.de/welt_print/articl...Erzaehler.html

Mord am Kai - Krimi Anthologie
    signed 02.12.12 from Petra Oelker

Der Dolch des Kaisers - Krimi Antho.

Ein Garten mit Elbblick
    Historical Crime Novel, signed from Petra Oelker

Krimineller Reiseführer - HAMBURG - Krimi Anthologie
    signed from Regula Venske

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    New stuff for my Hamburg-Book-Collection.

Reading and Signature event in the Chamber of Commerce,
    Hamburg City Hall 02.12.12
    with the 3 Hamburg authors: Petra Oelker, Kurt Grobecker, Regula Venske
    [IMG][/IMG]

Organizer was the Lions Club.
    https://www.lions.de/

Promo Flyer

All 3 authors sign. me some books.

Kurt Groebecker - Hamburg amüsiert sich

Kurt Groebecker - 800 Jahre Hafen Hamburg

Kurt Groebecker - Das Hamburger Hafenkonzert

Kurt Groebecker - ... mehr als ein Haufen Steine
    A book that is not easy to read/watch.
    Kurt Groebecker is THE expert about the history of Hamburg.
    He has written more than 70 books about my hometown.

Interview
    http://www.welt.de/welt_print/articl...Erzaehler.html

Mord am Kai - Krimi Anthologie

Der Dolch des Kaisers - Krimi Antho.

Ein Garten mit Elbblick
    Historical Crime Novel, signed from Petra Oelker

Krimineller Reiseführer - HAMBURG - Krimi Anthologie
    signed from Regula Venske
    Congrats!! Nice signing, you had a seriously full book bag that day.
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Not in my hands yet but a massive thank you to Twistednadine for getting me a Study Dammit poster and sending it to the UK. She also donated the proceeds to the Haven Fund!
    Many thanks again in advance.
    Jon

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Through a crazy random happenstance, I was able to purchase a S/L of my favorite Dark Tower book:

(Now I need to convince myself that I should keep it forever and ever...)

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    Through a crazy random happenstance, I was able to purchase a S/L of my favorite Dark Tower book:

Congrats and yes you should keep it forever and ever or until you decide to buy a matching set.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! Great new P&J!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Received today..........thank you to a TDT Member.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Love it! And a great check, too. I really need to re-read THINNER, I always loved that book.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. Now THAT is a new pride and joy.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, AKC!

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great looking book!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, you're gonna have to post more in-depth pics on that one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post

Truly epic, AKC!!! Great acquisition!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

one of my all time favorite limited editions!
    Love it!!!!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

not one of my favorite stories, but i think this one is my favorite limited edition - i like this one even better than THE STAND.
    congratulations - very nice addition.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Tim! Seriously cool looking book!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to Mr. Fulman & AKC
    Both fantastic books !!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome.......

Congrats AKC.......

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant AKC, simply stunning production
    We all float down here!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL I was just (like 5 minutes before I opened this thread) telling my husband about this book AKC, how we never see it for sale. hehe

Congrats on a great acquisition!!!
    Christine

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In awe of your two newest P&Js AKC

Well played!

Karl

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is the deluxe Silmarillion really worth around $600? The entire set cost me many times less that.
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I don't know if it's actually worth that but that's what I've found for sale. I tried to get the set but couldn't find an affordable one (that was the first set that's sold out) - and they are 1st printings of that edition. So I collected them individually.
    Hey Becca, I don't know if you've seen this, but The Silmarillion deluxe edition is available here for an okayish price: http://www.tolkienbookshelf.com/advS...nd=50&p=2&fp=1

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Through a crazy random happenstance, I was able to purchase a S/L of my favorite Dark Tower book:...
    Oh, you're gonna have to post more in-depth pics on that one!!!
    Okay, but only because you asked so nicely. Here is a picture of the S/L in its slipcase (yes, it's a bit dusty), next to the trade edition. Because the books use the same dust jacket (which doesn't even mention the pricing of the S/L), I took the jackets off for the picture. Behind the books, though, is one of my favorite collectibles: an untrimmed, unfolded Waste Lands dust jacket:

Here are the two books again, on their backs this time. The S/L has some lovely stamping on the front. One thing that surprised me is that the cover is a white cloth; for some reason, I though all the DTs S/Ls were done in a faux leather type cover:

Here is the limitation page for the S/L (#545). It is printed on the front free end paper (on the reverse of the Jake and Oy picture you can see framed above). This makes me wonder if there were any leftover end papers that may not have been signed...

My trade edition is special as well, because it has a nice little signed drawing of the Rose by Ned Dameron in it.:

As I said, the Waste Lands is my favorite Dark Tower book. I don't have an infinite amount of money, so I direct a lot of my collecting $ towards that book. Here are two of my Dark Tower shelves:

Up next is a minor investment in a Waste Lands slipcase from the Collector.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice books and shelves!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is printed on the front free end paper (on the reverse of the Jake and Oy picture you can see framed above). This makes me wonder if there were any leftover end papers that may not have been signed...
    I don't know how many are out there, but I have one. It's signed by Ned, but his signature was messed up somewhere down the line, so it wasn't sent to SK for his signature and inclusion in the book. I have a pic. in my collection thread somewhere if you're interested.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice acquisitions all around everyone! AKC...gorgeous Lettered Regulators...I finally acquired my copy about 12-15 months ago. I waited a LONG time but it was worth it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 598 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 1098 ... LastLast