Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 841 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,525 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Did that come with a COA? If so, it's real

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The "person" who did that to that Night Shift cannot be smacked enough....but I am willing to try.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here is one wall in my collection room.
    I had to install these cases and tether them to the wall-California-earthquake country. Nothing fancy about the cases-spent the money on books. Mostly these hold my trades, and a few other items.

I know this has probably been said a hundred times already, but as I'm new to the forum, I still wanted to say

OMG!!!

Nice. Very Nice.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive indeed. All due respect, my fellow collectors, but I'll just never understand having multiple copies of the same book.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Impressive indeed. All due respect, my fellow collectors, but I'll just never understand having multiple copies of the same book.
    There was a time that I didn't either.... but sometimes if one is good, two is better!

As an example, the centrepiece of my collection is my Michael Slade books, for a while I had four copies of every hardcover (US and UK) - one 1st, one flatsigned 1st, one inscribed 1st, and one 1st inscribed to myself. Due to space constraints, I have shaved that down to just the inscribed and personally inscribed copies.

But still, I see the allure.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Besides who doesn't need 19 signed limited DT sets?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I collect US & UK first's so I can see that. If either one is signed, I pull the un-signed one and sell it. I'm also guilty of a few "AE" copies, but 6 or 8 of what appears to be the same book? I don't get that. I'm sure there is a good reason though. Maybe you could share? Are there that many differences? or, is it due to each individual printing?

Impressive, nevertheless.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I collect US & UK first's so I can see that. If either one is signed, I pull the un-signed one and sell it. I'm also guilty of a few "AE" copies, but 6 or 8 of what appears to be the same book? I don't get that. I'm sure there is a good reason though. Maybe you could share? Are there that many differences? or, is it due to each individual printing?

I feel the same way. If each book was different like e_taylor mentioned above, with one being a 1/1, one signed, one inscribed, etc., then that seems OK since they all have differences. I don't understand the need for 20 copies of a regular 1/1. Especially SK books. I mean, 20 copies of UtD would take up a whole bookshelf! But, everyone collects what and how they want, so as long as the collection is enjoyed by the collector, I think it is just fine.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding the multiple copies of a volume. I have the following editions of Under the Dome:

US Proof
    UK Proof
    US hardcover advance reading copy (w/o dust jacket)
    US trade edition with white lettering (actually, I have two of these--one is my reading copy)
    US trade edition with dark lettering
    US Signed trade edition
    US Collector's edition
    US signed Collector's edition
    US signed limited
    UK signed limited
    UK signed limited still in shrinkwrap
    UK trade edition
    UK promotional booklet
    UK paperback advance reader copy w/publisher's letter
    UK 5 paperback set with postcards (100 copies printed) still in shrinkwrap

I consider each of these to be separate editions.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I feel the same way. If each book was different like e_taylor mentioned above, with one being a 1/1, one signed, one inscribed, etc., then that seems OK since they all have differences. I don't understand the need for 20 copies of a regular 1/1. Especially SK books. I mean, 20 copies of UtD would take up a whole bookshelf! But, everyone collects what and how they want, so as long as the collection is enjoyed by the collector, I think it is just fine.
    Oh I agree totally!!! I wasn't rying to cast any aspersions, its each individuals private collection and therefore solely their rules. Actually I was more looking to learn something.

John's post is very illustrative. I have some proof's as well and I consider them seperate editions, as I would if I had ARC's as well. I also fall victim to the "Collector" edition. Overall, my wife has drawn the line at 2 1/2 book cases so I guess I'm forced to be more discerning about what I collect than anything else!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Here are some pics of my new purchase

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

one more

A pretty good copy execpt for some staining on the inside cover. But I can llive with it. Took me awhile to find one with a good DJ

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Regarding the multiple copies of a volume. I have the following editions of Under the Dome:

US Proof
    UK Proof
    US trade edition with white lettering (actually, I have two of these--one is my reading copy)
    US Signed trade edition
    US Collector's edition
    US signed limited
    UK signed limited
    UK trade edition
    UK promotional booklet

John
    Wow! That's truly impressive, John. I only have the standard Collector's ($75/25000), the white text trade, the grey text trade and a signed white text trade (all US). Do you mind if I ask how you got the signed collector's? I'm assuming this is not the same as the signed limited ($200/1500). I didn't know King signed any of the standard collector's edition! Can't be too many, if he did! That's great that you managed to get one.

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    one more

A pretty good copy execpt for some staining on the inside cover. But I can llive with it. Took me awhile to find one with a good DJ
    Very cool, Mike!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegreattim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

US Proof
    UK Proof
    US Signed trade edition
    US Collector's edition
    US signed limited
    UK signed limited
    UK trade edition
    UK promotional booklet

John
    Wow! That's truly impressive, John. I only have the standard Collector's ($75/25000), the white text trade, the grey text trade and a signed white text trade (all US). Do you mind if I ask how you got the signed collector's? I'm assuming this is not the same as the signed limited ($200/1500). I didn't know King signed any of the standard collector's edition! Can't be too many, if he did! That's great that you managed to get one.
    I got it off eBay. There were a few there when he did the signings, and I managed to get one. It's signed on the title page and has the $75 dust jacket.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My selfmade Christmas Presents:
    A Joe Hill Package:
    "Teufelszeug" (Horns), "Blind" (Heart Shaped Box), Black Box (20th Cent. Ghosts), German Locke & Key Comics 1 and 2
    UK "Horns PB
    all signed by Joe Hill:

Austrian Poststam of Stephen king Limited 1 of 100:

And my "Holy Grail"
    "Der Nebel" (The Mist) German Limited Edition of Edition Phantasia; Nr. 132/500
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris,
    congrats for NEBEL ... and for my Joe Hill books

Gunslinger Apprentice Resident Chris is on a distinguished road Resident Chris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Stocker for the Hill Stuff and the Stamp!
    But i never thought to get nebel for an incredible cheap price!
    My Wishlist: Gift Editions
    Green Mile
    Talisman
    One for the Road
    It Gift Ed.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks also to Stocker for the signed Hill stuff!
    It is great stuff auf deutsch of course!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Always forget to post.
    In August i become this book:
    Voices from the Night sig lim slipcased leatherbound nr 574/750

I become this book direct from one of the authors, Gary Lovisi. He was so kind, to extra sig + date on his
    FIRE story. I also ask him, if its possible to make a little sketch, but he says... he is absolutly NOT talented
    in sketching, he don´t wanna ruin the book...

Voices from The Night is signed by 26 contributers like, Jack Ketchum, Richard Christian Matheson, William Nolan, Rex Miller, Edward Lee, Richard T. Chizmar and Rick Hautala.

Rick Hautala sketched

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, very nice! (Rick did that same sketch in my multi-signed anthology The New Dead!)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Jerome.

John

Country
    Country Flag

(Re: The signed FDNS - That great, Jerome! Soooo !)

This little treat arrived in the mail a few says ago: S/L The Best Of Larry Niven. This is one more addition to my signed influences in science fiction collection. I'm trying to collect signatures (preference to signed firsts or S/Ls) from all the really big SF names, especially those that particularly influenced my reading through the years...

Jacket, with rather handsome blue leather binding

Limitation page

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, even better than my last one! This came today, the Gauntlet Press S/L of Masks by Ray Bradbury. Pretty cool little book with 6 unpublished short stories (besides the novel) and lots of little ephemera and doodles from Bradbury. Gotta love half-price sales! I reaaallly love Bradbury (almost more than King! Shhhhh...), if I were a girl, I'd totally do naughty things to Ray Bradbury.

Cover & leather binding

Nifty limitation page with Bradbury drawings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 341 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 241 291 331 339 340 341 342 343 351 391 441 841 ... LastLast