Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 590 640 1040 ... LastLast
Results 13,476 to 13,500 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid about $5 each for these just this week, and have April 1980 & July 1981 on the way from the same seller as we speak

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They look better than mine. Nice catch!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice magazines indeed

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Related to my new Grant books from post number 13282, I paid a visit to the bookstore and picked up this beauty today:

If you don't recognize it, the main interesting facts about it are that it was the first title published by Donald M. Grant in 1964 and was limited to 1,000 copies. It seems to be in excellent shape. Also, it is signed/inscribed by the editor:

The reason it signed is because it was purchased directly from the editor, Henry Hardy Heins, and I know that because the book also had a laid in letter explaining as much. For those of you complaining about delays in receiving TWWTK, you might be heartened to hear that this is not a new phenomenon, because Grant's very first book was significantly delayed as well:
    The delays have been many and frustrating for over a year now, but this spring it finally looked as though the month of June would see the book's publication... Then things bogged down again, and here we are a month late already on that.
    The letter is dated July 8, 1964 and the Copyright page does in fact read "Complete Edition, Revised: June, 1964".

The inscription gives the identity of the book collector whose books I have been acquiring. Dr. Robert E. Briney passed away in November, 2011. From an obit I found online:
    Bob's avocations, however, were in the fields of mystery writing, science fiction and fantasy. A freelance writer and editor, he contributed to numerous publications including Classical Outlook, The Armchair Detective and the Journal of Popular Culture. In 1970 he took over as editor/publisher of The Rohmer Review and contributed to many other journals and publications over the course of his life. He was a member of the Mystery Writers of America and the Science Fiction Research Association.
    Interestingly, he and I both have degrees in Mathematics. I got mine at Harvard, and he got his at MIT, but I won't hold that against him.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing that one!

John

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice story too

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

SHINING T-SHIRT 666 Allstars

Jack is Back Redrum

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have my thread preferences set at 20 posts per page, and the post above is the first post on page #666.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Got two books signed at the meet n greet at the RBR show last night.

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's great! Glad he was willing to sign.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I know they are genuine, but if anybody asked me without what I know, I would say they are forgeries. They are very bad, especially the TWTTK one.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is just awesome Tippy! I am thrilled for you.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I know they are genuine, but if anybody asked me without what I know, I would say they are forgeries. They are very bad, especially the TWTTK one.
    If I had not been there and seen them signed myself...I would call them "questionable" signatures.

The Gunslinger (IMO) has the nicer signature of the two.....which makes me glad since it is a valuable book.

I have no intention of selling either....so it really does not matter.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

If I saw them listed by someone with 'zero' feedback, I probably would semi-wonder about legitimacy...but if the seller had a decent reputation, they're fine...but like you said, it's a moot point.

Country
    Country Flag

Good job

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Heres what I got signed at the M&G last night. The King signatures are probably the WORST signatures in my collection but as Tippy4 said they were done in person and I dont plan on selling so whatever. The first one is WTTKH. I had it opened to the title page but the lady we handed our books to changed the page to the first blank one. Irritating.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good job everyone! How/when did he sign books?

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Twisted.....
    So glad to see you had a wonderful night !!
    And a Super congrats on all the Signatures.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Good job everyone! How/when did he sign books?
    Well, he came out about 15-20 mins before the end of the M&G in a wall off corner (sorts of I guess it was more an alcove created by the room surrounding 2 step raised platfporm for seating) and signed like we were all gathered on the steps of a dugout during a BB game. The 'Handler" was strict, and sometimes rude. The best was to lean over the platform wall and circumvent her. as I and several others did. Having an enormous reach was quite an advantage!!!

If only we didn't get the flat!!!! Note to self: Always have a AAA guy along for book signings!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome signatures guys.

Yeah I'd never sell a signature I got in person either. For that reason, I'd be in two minds as to what book I'd want signed. Do you go for something that would become valuable (despite the whole never sell statement above) or do you go for a book that means something to you to begin with? I guess I'd choose one of each if ever given the opportunity :-)
    Last edited by Jimimck; 06-23-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Stupid iPad typing mistakes

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Awesome signatures guys.

Yeah I'd never sell a signature I got in person either. For that reason, I'd be in two minds as to what book I'd want signed. Do you go for something that would become valuable (despite the whole neve sell statement above) or do you go for a book that means something to you to begin with? I guess I'd choose one of each if eve given he opportunity :-)
    Personally its always favorite books first. After those next up are the ones that dramatically increase in value when signed. And after that next up is rarity though maybe not too valuable to other collectors. The UK Trade 1st of Book of Horrors was in that last category for me.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Haven't posted new acquisitions in quite awhile, so here we go:

Gunslinger, Second Edition ... freakin' gorgeous.

Desperation S/L #5

Christine Proof

UK 11/22/63 #238/700

UK TWTTK #186/700

US 11/22/63

IT Portfolio #186

The Woman Signed Trade 1/736

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

John F. Kennedy XerxesRex is on a distinguished road XerxesRex's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm staying out of this thread! I'm going to short out my keyboard with drool!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

George at C-Springs, Very nice haul.
    Congratulations !

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Haven't posted new acquisitions in quite awhile, so here we go:

Gunslinger, Second Edition ... freakin' gorgeous.

Desperation S/L #5

Christine Proof

UK 11/22/63 #238/700

UK TWTTK #186/700

US 11/22/63

IT Portfolio #186

The Woman Signed Trade 1/736

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

From the RBR concert Friday night:

Rockbottom Remainders hat
    Pen that Rick gave me - SK and other authors used it to sign.
    Over 21 wristband from the theater
    eTicket with sigs from Groening, Tan, Albom, Pearson, McGuinn and others

U.S. 1st Edition TWTTKH signed outside the men's room with my pen (the pen shown):

U.K. 1st edition TWTTKH WHSmith Collector's Edition signed in the mob signing with his sharpie:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 40 440 490 530 538 539 540 541 542 550 590 640 1040 ... LastLast