Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 864 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 32420

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    This is from the collector page:

Steve started this project by getting roughly 10 Miller remarques before it was suggested that he ought to try for a set comprising the 3 artists. He explored this and worked out agreements with all of them, and then commissioned 26 copies from each artist(so this made about 36 from Miller).
    Ed forgot to letter his consignment, he just signed. So Steve is offering available images to customers, matching the Miller to the letter they wanted, and lettering them himself. So the ones listed as "available" won't be lettered until sold. Once 26 Millers have sold there will be 26 lettered, but not before.
    So it sounds like he got Ed Miller (an alias for Les Edwards) to do little drawings in 36 books. But only 26 of those will ultimately have a letter assigned to them? The other 10 are just signed, no letter? Is that right?

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In my case it was so: I asked Steve which ´set´ is still available (Potter+Chatbourne) with the same Letter.
    When i found what i want, i can choice from all MILLERs that he have, this Miller becomes the same Letter as the Potter+Chatbourne. Steve LETTERED all Millers.
    Think, when all 26 sets are gone, still 10 Millers are ´there´ unlettered, or maybe someone takes 2 diff. Millers with the same LETTER? But i´am sure, Steve have a list, which LETTERS are gone, which not...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have all three "E" lettereds
    Great set..

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Colorado Kid set... "o"

I have the "O" set of all 3 Colorado Kid remarqued sets.

I think these are totally sweet!!! Seriously underrated in my opinion too. Only 26 sets of unique items in that each remarque is unique.

Totally cool.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

COLORADO KID REMARQUE SET

I own the letter 'N' set...looks like somebody made a boob!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You have MY ´N´ set ??? Funny... Do you have the same Miller remarque???

Country
    Country Flag

Tomas has actually had the photos of 'your' set for some time now...not sure why he would show it as a new addition. Funny though, I noticed a while back that a different picture was showing as 'N' but the book wasn't marked 'N' at that stage..OOPS!! The one I have is the one shown on Tomas's site.

I shall immediately destroy the masquerading Miller and send the Potter and Chadbourne 'N's' on to you.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Tomas has actually had the photos of 'your' set for some time now...not sure why he would show it as a new addition. Funny though, I noticed a while back that a different picture was showing as 'N' but the book wasn't marked 'N' at that stage..OOPS!! The one I have is the one shown on Tomas's site.

I shall immediately destroy the masquerading Miller and send the Potter and Chadbourne 'N's' on to you.
    `N` is mysterious

Country
    Country Flag

N is cool...

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

N is cool...
    AND.... ´N´ is the one and only 4 book Colorado Kid remarqued Lettered set !!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Keep watching to see what happens in the next episode of the 'N Set'

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Keep watching to see what happens in the next episode of the 'N Set'
    The next BIG ´N´ episode is..... The C K rem. ´N´ 4 book reunion
    I hope that NOTmore ´N´s come out....

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just got this from the framer!!!!

Signed on "Marvel" Submission paper and to me!!!! Yeah, Baby!!!!!!

I am extremely happy, hope you all enjoy!!!

Nice page...congrats

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! Congratulations!

Frank, quick question: Do you have the link of the holographic cover of the new german edition of The Girl who loved Tom Gordon?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice! Congratulations!

Frank, quick question: Do you have the link of the holographic cover of the new german edition of The Girl who loved Tom Gordon?
    Ari, here is the MOVIE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qyrxddgb3Y

http://www.amazon.de/Das-M%C3%A4dche...8281161&sr=1-2

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my latest Pride & Joy for my ever growing remarque collection (I have over 50 now).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back to working for my old piblishing friends (and away from government censorship of the internet). First priority was to start filling in the gaps of books I wanted and contacting my editor friends to get them.

First new Pride and Joy since coming back to Harper is this...

Signed "The Strain" by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan.

-Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought this on the secondary market....totally missed the CD offer (how I am not sure as remarques are my middle name!). I think I paid $100 more than what CD was offering but I thought it was pretty kick ass and full page, so it was worth it to me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a sweet remarque David, one of the best i have seen!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very handsome Remarque, Dave!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I really like that remarque, David!. Very nice.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If any of you are familiar with the Band of Brothers series (and who isn't?), you'll know the names Wild Bill Guarnere and Babe Heffron. They got together on this book, and it's a pretty good read if you're interested in military history. Told in their own words (most definitely their own words, especially Bill's), it follows their lives from before the war until now. Much of it is of course about their experiences in World War II, and if you've seen the movie you can picture the scenes they're describing pretty well. My favorite line in the whole book? "You're not going to stop a Nazi with a piece of fruit." Well said.

You can order the book online if interested, and if you order from the Wild Bill Guarnere website (www.wildbillguarnere.com) you can also get one personalized from Bill, which is what I did. The website is great as well, if you're into military history. Just out of curiousity, do we have any WWII vets here in the forums?

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Thanks!

I just did a Band of Brothers marathon while in Cabo with my best friend last week. He said he has watched it like 10 times and he brought it so I could see it while on vacation.

I just bought a personalized copy for him.

Thanks for the heads up.

Truly an amazing mini-series and an even more amazing group of men that persevered through unimaginable tragedy and hardship.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think if I went to Cabo, the last thing I'd be doing is watching 10 hours of movies! I watch the entire series every year in the two weeks leading up to the Bastogne Perimeter March, held every December; I've done the march the past 3 years. Each year there are 3 or 4 different routes to take, between 5 and 30 kilometers long. You go to all the different places where things happened, and each year they choose a different unit that was there as the focus. The woods there are exactly like they pictured it in the film, dead on, and there are still foxholes and berms and such to see. They also have re-enactors all along the routes; I'm talking entire platoons, all sorts of vehicles, aid stations, patrols, headquarters, machine gun pits, etc. The 2008 walk was the best, weather was in the teens with wind chills in the single digits, wind, heavy snow and ice, it was absolutely miserable ... just like it was back in WWII. I actually camped out in the Bois Jacques that year after the walk, right where everything happened, and let me tell you it was an experience. I hiked the woods at midnight, in a foot of snow, full moon, looking down on Foy ... spooky, and really made you think.

Your buddy will enjoy the book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 364 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 264 314 354 362 363 364 365 366 374 414 464 864 ... LastLast