Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    diesel?
    Close but not it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here he is..

disel24
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it was Diesel24

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did too until I looked and saw there was no such member and disel24 has the same av. I also read through old posts of his and am pretty sure it's him.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gabriel Diaz = Diesel24

That has been my worst experience as a book collector.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Here he is..

disel24
    Correct.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Which would be a better place to identify a newer TDT.org member as someone to avoid like the plague, here or in the Collectible Classifieds (where his name has already been brought up a few times)? Thanks.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Which would be a better place to identify a newer TDT.org member as someone to avoid like the plague, here or in the Collectible Classifieds (where his name has already been brought up a few times)? Thanks.
    Good Question!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you don't feel you can resolve the issues privately I would say here probably.

If you rescue me

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

TDT.org Member To Avoid Like The Plague: TheLangoleer

I don't normally blast people in public, but I feel that it is my duty to inform everyone around me about a member that is a COMPLETE. WASTE. OF. TIME. when it comes to transactions. TheLangoleer. The communication started off friendly enough, he wanted my SODV1 ARC with remarque. OK, cool, Pics, prices, we're good to go ... He asks if he can pay me later. Yeah, sure, no worries. Well, later doesn't come. That was the last time he mentioned the SODV1 ARC. So, a while later:

We start up a conversation about another transaction. He wanted my Dark Tower set. After pics and prices, we somehow settled on a final list of items he wanted. I saw somehow because a bit of the conversation went something like this:

Me: "OK, so you want DT 2, DT 3, and DT 4, right?"
    Him: "Yes."
    Me: "OK, that'll be (random number) $100."
    Him: "Oh wait, I found my DT 2 on the shelf, let's replace that with a DT 5 Artist Edition. That'll still be $100, right?"
    Me: "No, I'll have to take off $50 for the DT2 and add $100 for the DT 5 Artist Edition. That'll come out to $150."
    Him: "OK, so that'll be $120?"
    Me: "No, that'll be $150."

So on and so on. Anyway, when we FINALLY settled on what he wanted, he said he wanted to lower the transaction with a trade. Will I take trades? Yeah, sure ... no worries. He says "Here, take this, it's worth $250 easy" so I do a price check, and there's one or two sitting unsold for a while at Betts for $225. I tell him I can take $180 for it and hope to sell it for $200. So, after going back and forth with the price (see above), we settle on a number. OK, good. Now get this ... he wants me to send him the books first!

Are you kidding me!? Why would I send the books first? Why would I even send the books at the same time that he sends me the trade item? I don't know him and he's a new member. Oh, and I'm the seller. No, I tell him that I'll wait for the funds and the trade item. He takes offense to that and questions why I think he's a criminal. "Just because you haven't dealt with me before doesn't make me a criminal", blah blah. Anyway, I finally get it through his thick skull that he's going first. OK, fine. He says he'll send the money and the proof the next day. The next day comes, I don't hear from him. I wait another day, nothing. No money deposited, no email. I contact him, he says "Blah blah blah, been busy, will send money and item in a few days". A few days come and go, nothing. I email him AGAIN asking where the tracking number/item and funds are. He finally responds and says something about his bank transactions being expired for the month and I'm going to have to wait until the first. By this time, I'm already done with this joker. I would NORMALLY tell him to go fuck off, but I need the money. So I wait. The first comes (and goes) and I don't hear anything from him. I contact him yesterday, no response. I contacted him today to give him a heads up that I'm going to post this message on the boards (I'm just a nice guy like that), and he finally responds. You gotta read this message.

"Maybe you should take into account the state of the economy and the fact I just got laid off from my accounting firm. If I said I'd buy something from you I will. Just give me time to get a damn job. We all aren't escaping the economy like that liberal Obama would like you to believe.

Nicholas R."

LOL, what the hell!? What the hell does losing your job or not having your job have to do with communication? TELL ME you can't afford the items right now instead of wasting my FUCKING time. So, in conclusion, stay away from this clown. DO NOT send him money or items FIRST. You will be sorry. There have been other members here who have had problems with him. You're welcome.

Shannon
    Last edited by Brice; 06-03-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: removed last name

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, saw his "stunt" in the wanted thread and already realized to avoid him.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Thanks for posting Shannon. I almost did a deal with him but he flaked when it seemed he may get the book cheaper via an eBay auction. So I'm glad for that...

Banned Thelangoleer will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TDT.org Member To Avoid Like The Plague: TheLangoleer

I don't normally blast people in public, but I feel that it is my duty to inform everyone around me about a member that is a COMPLETE. WASTE. OF. TIME. when it comes to transactions. TheLangoleer. The communication started off friendly enough, he wanted my SODV1 ARC with remarque. OK, cool, Pics, prices, we're good to go ... He asks if he can pay me later. Yeah, sure, no worries. Well, later doesn't come. That was the last time he mentioned the SODV1 ARC. So, a while later:

We start up a conversation about another transaction. He wanted my Dark Tower set. After pics and prices, we somehow settled on a final list of items he wanted. I saw somehow because a bit of the conversation went something like this:

Me: "OK, so you want DT 2, DT 3, and DT 4, right?"
    Him: "Yes."
    Me: "OK, that'll be (random number) $100."
    Him: "Oh wait, I found my DT 2 on the shelf, let's replace that with a DT 5 Artist Edition. That'll still be $100, right?"
    Me: "No, I'll have to take off $50 for the DT2 and add $100 for the DT 5 Artist Edition. That'll come out to $150."
    Him: "OK, so that'll be $120?"
    Me: "No, that'll be $150."

So on and so on. Anyway, when we FINALLY settled on what he wanted, he said he wanted to lower the transaction with a trade. Will I take trades? Yeah, sure ... no worries. He says "Here, take this, it's worth $250 easy" so I do a price check, and there's one or two sitting unsold for a while at Betts for $225. I tell him I can take $180 for it and hope to sell it for $200. So, after going back and forth with the price (see above), we settle on a number. OK, good. Now get this ... he wants me to send him the books first!

Are you kidding me!? Why would I send the books first? Why would I even send the books at the same time that he sends me the trade item? I don't know him and he's a new member. Oh, and I'm the seller. No, I tell him that I'll wait for the funds and the trade item. He takes offense to that and questions why I think he's a criminal. "Just because you haven't dealt with me before doesn't make me a criminal", blah blah. Anyway, I finally get it through his thick skull that he's going first. OK, fine. He says he'll send the money and the proof the next day. The next day comes, I don't hear from him. I wait another day, nothing. No money deposited, no email. I contact him, he says "Blah blah blah, been busy, will send money and item in a few days". A few days come and go, nothing. I email him AGAIN asking where the tracking number/item and funds are. He finally responds and says something about his bank transactions being expired for the month and I'm going to have to wait until the first. By this time, I'm already done with this joker. I would NORMALLY tell him to go fuck off, but I need the money. So I wait. The first comes (and goes) and I don't hear anything from him. I contact him yesterday, no response. I contacted him today to give him a heads up that I'm going to post this message on the boards (I'm just a nice guy like that), and he finally responds. You gotta read this message.

"Maybe you should take into account the state of the economy and the fact I just got laid off from my accounting firm. If I said I'd buy something from you I will. Just give me time to get a damn job. We all aren't escaping the economy like that liberal Obama would like you to believe.

Nicholas R."

LOL, what the hell!? What the hell does losing your job or not having your job have to do with communication? TELL ME you can't afford the items right now instead of wasting my FUCKING time. So, in conclusion, stay away from this clown. DO NOT send him money or items FIRST. You will be sorry. There have been other members here who have had problems with him. You're welcome.

Shannon
    I love how you are quoting me with things I never said - I made sure to save every single email exchange we had - I can post them if you like? NOT ONCE DID I EVER ASK YOU TO SEND BOOKS BEFORE THE MONEY. what I asked was for you to send the books AFTER I paid and AT THE SAME TIME as I shipped my trade item.
    Last edited by Brice; 06-03-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: removed last name

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just deleting your double post.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Ha, he just send me a PM saying he never ever talked to me before, yet it was only 2 weeks ago he asked me to hold my book for him so he could gather the funds for it (a $400 book)...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Langoleer....between the negative dealings Shannon and Neostasus and I (and one other that has discussed their situation with me privately), you seem to be developing a reputation to be less than pleasant to deal with.

You keep wasting people's time. Maybe you have a surplus of it to spare, but we do not.

You and I had one transaction that you paid me on, and then another one you flaked out on. What I have not mentioned before was the countless number of emails back and forth for the transaction you paid me on. Question after question. Haggling and haggling. So on and so forth.

If several people came up to ME and told ME I was a time waster...I guess I would start to think...hey...maybe there is something to what they are saying. Maybe I should rethink my behavior.

Do us all a favor. Buy your books on ebay...or Craig's list...or at Goodwill. Stop bothering the folks here.

Click THIS LINK to see the discussion on my dealings with him (Posts 2037-2051).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Without commenting on any specific incident I'd advise extreme caution in dealing with anyone that has had that many complaints against them...especially considering most people are inclined to try to work things out privately before they make them public.

If you rescue me

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Langoleer....between the negative dealings Shannon and Neostasus and I (and one other that has discussed their situation with me privately), you seem to be developing a reputation to be less than pleasant to deal with.

You keep wasting people's time. Maybe you have a surplus of it to spare, but we do not.

You and I had one transaction that you paid me on, and then another one you flaked out on. What I have not mentioned before was the countless number of emails back and forth for the transaction you paid me on. Question after question. Haggling and haggling. So on and so forth.

If several people came up to ME and told ME I was a time waster...I guess I would start to think...hey...maybe there is something to what they are saying. Maybe I should rethink my behavior.

Do us all a favor. Buy your books on ebay...or Craig's list...or at Goodwill. Stop bothering the folks here.

Click THIS LINK to see the discussion on my dealings with him (Posts 2037-2051).
    Remembering this incident...I say shame on you shannon for dealing with him for so long...

AKC and I made a deal awhile back and the next day the slipcase I was buying was cheaper, I kept my word and bought
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey...can't give Shannon a hard time for being optimistic. I was only one guy calling him out.

But...going forward...anyone else that has a bad transaction with the guy....you have been more than warned.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna add that AKC was more than friendly about letting me back out and encouraged it...but we are friends and consumers here for a reason
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello all. I'm generally a fan of "when you make a deal, you stop looking around for better deals". I suggest doing your research first before even throwing out an offer. In an ideal world ... you make a deal, and then you pay. There should be no room to look around for other deals while you get the money together for the first transaction. But, when people start being nice and lenient, allowing the buyers time to come up with funds, that's when problems start to arise. For me, I'm ok with canceling a transaction because the buyer can get it for cheaper somewhere else. Let's say an eBay auction pops up for really cheap. I'm ok with that. Go for it, good job. But I'm going to be a little less likely to accept delayed payment in the future with that buyer.

The situation with TheLangoleer was that whether he was looking for other deals, whether he had problems getting the money together, whether he was lazy and/or his bank didn't allow him anymore PayPal transfers, it didn't matter to me. He didn't tell me what was going on, and not only left me in the dark about when I would receive payment, but SET DATES for when I would get the funds and when he would ship out his trade item, and then when he passed those deadlines, he didn't contact me. I hate that. I don't want to chase people down and wonder what's going on.

And it bothers me that TheLangoleer might not be able to buy and sell and trade here on TDT.org website anymore, because I love this website and community. Coming here and interacting with all you guys is a big part of my daily routine. This is an EVERY DAY thing for me. And if I messed up or made some mistakes and it caused me to get banned or it caused everyone here to not trust me and/or not want to interact with me, it would drive me crazy. So, I didn't WANT to do that to someone else, but like I said earlier, I would hate for someone else to possibly get screwed over by dealing with this guy, especially when I could have said something and alerted people to a potential issue.

TheLangoleer, after everything was decided upon, you wanted me to send the books the next day. If I were of a trusting nature, I would have. And where would that have gotten me? That would have gotten me absolutely nothing, because in your words you aren't able to pay for the items due to you not having a job. So ... me sending you the books before you paid me and/or sent me the trade item would have been ME sending you the books FIRST.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

On your side:0 We had a minor issue once and you have learned(may have even been miscom) but you are 100% right!!
    Shannon = right
    Thelang...nlahblah = ugh (IMHO)
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shannon: You're not messing him up. The totality of his interactions with other members very well could though. It's not like he got here and everybody said hey, let's fuck up this guy's credibility and reputation. Whatever happens because of his dealings with people is pretty much his own damn fault. It's not like we go around recklessly punishing people because one person complains. You are not the first and you are not the last I've heard having issues with this guy. I do hope anyone who goes around screwing this site's regular members over realizes they will be on thin ice quick.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shannon is a pretty cool guy to deal with. I cant imagine him(shannon) being hard to deal with.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Remembering this incident...I say shame on you shannon for dealing with him for so long...

AKC and I made a deal awhile back and the next day the slipcase I was buying was cheaper, I kept my word and bought
    I wanna add that AKC was more than friendly about letting me back out and encouraged it...but we are friends and consumers here for a reason
    Speak for yourself G. You were a PAIN IN THE ASS......

Just kidding!!!!

G did agree to pay my slightly higher price after he found a lower one. That's just how we roll here at TDT.......relationship with members FIRST.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast