Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Dealers-eBay sellers-dt.org buyers/sellers/ to Avoid like the Corona Virus

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The ever vigilant (and never forgetting a harm) Randall Flagg just got off the phone with stevohump. I don't think he was expecting my call (he answered). After identifying myself as being from TheDarkTower.org, I asked him when he was going to reimburse our members; he stuttered, hemmed, hawed and then said "I thought Paypal took care of all that".
    I informed him that since all of the payments were sent as gift form no one was reimbursed. I told him that as a group we are so upset that we are going to pay for one of the "injured" members to fly down to his county and file a report with the Sheriff and perhaps pay him a visit to discuss the matter in person.
    I asked if he would come on the site and explain himself. He said he would "tomorrow".
    Normally I wouldn't do this, but since it is all a matter of public record, here is stevohump's personal info:

Stephen Humphrey
    1033 Scales circle
    Valley Alabama 36854
    What happened?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The ever vigilant (and never forgetting a harm) Randall Flagg just got off the phone with stevohump. I don't think he was expecting my call (he answered). After identifying myself as being from TheDarkTower.org, I asked him when he was going to reimburse our members; he stuttered, hemmed, hawed and then said "I thought Paypal took care of all that".
    I informed him that since all of the payments were sent as gift form no one was reimbursed. I told him that as a group we are so upset that we are going to pay for one of the "injured" members to fly down to his county and file a report with the Sheriff and perhaps pay him a visit to discuss the matter in person.
    I asked if he would come on the site and explain himself. He said he would "tomorrow".
    Normally I wouldn't do this, but since it is all a matter of public record, here is stevohump's personal info:

Stephen Humphrey
    1033 Scales circle
    Valley Alabama 36854
    Great work RF.

Never fuck with The Walkin' Dude

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

What happened?
    He forgot the face of his father...

I ploughed through some of the thread today - it seems a bit disjointed in places, not sure if some posts were removed or occurred elsewhere. basically he reneged on a number of deals with members. Cort would have sent him West...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome!

Awesome job.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

What happened?

I ploughed through some of the thread today - it seems a bit disjointed in places, not sure if some posts were removed or occurred elsewhere. basically he reneged on a number of deals with members. Cort would have sent him West...
    HE NOT ONLY RENEGED... He collected $ from members without following through sending items. If I recall properly there was suggestion he collected $ for one specific item from two different people here. (see post 476 in this thread).
    This all occurred back in June - July of this year 2013. He was posting in Collectible Classifieds (#4731, 4736, 4738, 4740) to note a few.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Yes thats correct. He sold about $2000 worth of books - a few were double sold - but didnt send out any of them.
    Those who paid him via Paypal using GIFT option never got their money refunded (me being one of them).
    Based on the information I have he walked away with over $1000 - all from trusting TDT members.
    Slimy bastard rip off

But I think one of the most frustrating parts of this story was the complete disinterest from the local sheriffs office. Im sure they have other more pressing crimes to deal with but its a small town so it seems to me someone from the office could have taken a few minutes to knock on Stevos door and, at the very least, chastise him. The sherriffs office wouldnt even return my calls or emails regarding how to file an official complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

What happened?

HE NOT ONLY RENEGED... He collected $ from members without following through sending items. If I recall properly there was suggestion he collected $ for one specific item from two different people here. (see post 476 in this thread).
    This all occurred back in June - July of this year 2013. He was posting in Collectible Classifieds (#4731, 4736, 4738, 4740) to note a few.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    Jerome!

Awesome job.
    GREAT JOB
    I know that ... double selling books is not funny...

Along the Path of the Beam Highbury is on a distinguished road Highbury's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes officer i'd like to report the address of a suspected meth lab. LOL j/k

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even want the money. I just want my copy of Desperation.

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hear that. Sending me my book would only cost him the postage... a lot less than refunding my $300 that is long spent.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

What happened?

That's really bad...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt he even has the books.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, the post script to, Jerome's brilliant challenge is that "Steve-o" remains in hiding and on the Lam?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, the post script to, Jerome's brilliant challenge is that "Steve-o" remains in hiding and on the Lam?
    Call him and ask.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Call him and ask.
    I was just seeking an update as I sympathize with those members that he flim-flammed. I was lucky and did not get damaged. I think you did a wonderful thing, Jerome. However, I have no standing to contact him at all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are the "muscle" for the site. Pay him a visit and lean on him.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

You are the "muscle" for the site.
    As proven here!

Gunslinger Apprentice evilash is on a distinguished road evilash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My EYYYYYYEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You are the "muscle" for the site. Pay him a visit and lean on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    You are the "muscle" for the site.
    As proven here!

You got it, Jerome. I'm on it!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordinarily wouldn't post a PM, but since this isn't a PM, but a public message, I will share.
    This is a prime example of a person who is fishing, isn't sure, and is a definite "maybe" after Christmas. They just waste time and energy.

Hi RF,
    Wanted to touch base on JK Potter edition of Numbered Colorado Kid as Mr. Rabbit Tick pointed out,
    To me it'll be lettered,
    I know you had said you'd be looking for a price north of issued,
    I wanted to find out what that would be in comparison to the other 3 copies I've purchased,
    I appreciate the your help with this,
    Also this book if agreeable price is reached would be purchasing after Christmas most likely,
    Thanks for the guidance & acceptance you've shown since meeting @ the Boulder, CO Doctor Sleep event,
    Thanks,

This is someone I responded to 11 days ago, and this is the first time they get back to me.

Totally unsatisfying masturbation...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141143930011...84.m1497.l2649

I was the high bidder for this auction for a PC copy of Desperation. I have wanted one for a while but for whatever reason I could never find one at a good price. Auction ended on 12/23 and I paid that day. When the book didn't come promptly I just chalked it up to holiday mail overtaxing the system and didn't get around to inquiring about it until 1/2/14. I clicked on the "contact seller" button intending to ask if he had mailed the book or not and to request a tracking number. Since the estimated delivery time had already passed I was automatically sent to eBay's Resolution Center which opened a case. I sent my query to the seller through the eBay system. The eBay system told me that I needed to wait until 1/8/14 to escalate to Customer Support. Well I didn't hear anything from him and awoke this morning to an e-mail reminder from eBay asking if I had heard from him. Since I hadn't I went ahead and escalated the case to Customer Support. Within One Hour I had my purchase price and shipping charges refunded back through PayPal. I had always avoided this route of settlement preferring to go directly through my credit card but I was surprised that this time the process with eBay and PayPal was hassle free. They seem to have really streamlined the process.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey you out bid me on that Bob!
    (I was a bit miffed at the time, but in all honesty it would have stretched my current finances too far.)

Glad you didn't lose out on the purchase though
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any reason ever given on why the book wasn't mailed? Why go through the whole eBay rigamarole to not even ship the book? Honestly, sometimes I don't understand people.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I bid on that Desperation too. Guess I'm glad I didn't win!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I bid on that Desperation too. Guess I'm glad I didn't win!
    As did I!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast